IndiaDivine.org

Varnashrama Dharma in this age .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krishna, Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhaktas,

Sri Kamalesh ji has raised an interesting question . He has rightly pointed out that , now a days we can see many cases of "Varna-sangaram" .

Sri Krishna's *Gita-rahasya* is ever relevant. The more a person complies with it , the better his God-realization will be .

Of course, the situation is different for Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dwapara-yuga and Kali-yuga . In this age Kali-yugam , *Varnashrama Dharma* is destined to be compromised. Bhagavan Himself had forewarned His Bhaktas about such negative effects of forthcoming "Kali-yuga* and manifested as *Guruvayoorappan* to protect them. Also, through His messengers like Sri Ramanujacharya, Chaithanya Mahaprabhu, Melpathur, Poonthanam, Kurooramma and Periaval , Bhagavan has taught His Bhaktas how to remain steadfast in Krishna-Bhakti . Even today, His messengers like Malliyoor Thirumeni and Chennas Tantris are readily available for our guidance .

Brahmins having aptitude for Vedic path, should adhere to their traditional *Swa-dharma* of learning, teaching and practicing Vedic rituals . They should lead a *sattvic* life according to vedic injunctions . This will enable the survival of Temples and Vedic Dharma . Hindus born in other casts as well as those Brahmins without vedic aptitude should perform *Karma* , according to their individual aptitude . The more a Hindu complies with *SharanAgathi* to *Ishta-deva* and His *Nama-japam* , the better will be his God-realization . Even a person born as Mlecha can elevate himself spiritually and attain God-realization by following the above .

Why not *Varna-Sangaram*??

Those who are adhering to their traditional profession, should marry from same *Varna* in order to remain steadfast in their traditional *Swa-dharma* ( prescribed duties) .

Those Hindus who take up non-traditional professions, can marry Hindu spouses according to convenience . In the present scenario, it cannot be seen as *Varna-sangara* , as long as the spouses remain steadfast in their devotion to *Ishta-deva* .

However, inter-religious marriage is *Varna-sangara* and it is not desirable for a devout Hindu . Let me narrate the case of my one close relative .

He was born in a devout Hindu family . He fell in love with a Christian girl and married her , against the wishes of his parents . The girl is from a very orthodox Christian background. Both of them agreed to forget their past and start a new "Secular" life . As agreed, the husband gave up all his "Hindu-faith" . But that was not the case with the wife though she did her church-worship secretly . The couple begot two children . He did not mention any caste or religion name in the children's school register . After about (10) years of marriage, he started facing financial problems due to frequent job losses . He was forced to accept financial help from his own parents and his wife's relatives . While his parents helped him selflessly , wife qualified her family's help to force her religious views on her husband and children . Meanwhile, the fast deteriorating situation prompted the husband to consult a Jyothishi who revealed " You are suffering the sins for forgetting your *Family-deities* . Go to the family temple , beg for their pardon and do some atonements . Also worship Sri Krishna, the bestower of good fortune " .

The husband was shocked by this miraculous revelation and decided to follow suit . He told his wife that he will do it personally without involving her or their children . However, the wife became furious and she insisted him to stop all such "Satanic" activities forthwith and instead of that convert to Christianity . She immediately baptized both the children to Christianity and got them admitted to Sunday school. Meanwhile , the husband continued his temple-worship and very soon he got a lucrative foreign job which increased his faith in Bhagavan . All their financial problems were cleared within a few months and they became rich . However, the couple is on the verge of divorce . Wife and Children are 100% Christian adherents whereas the husband is an ardent Bhakta of Guruvayoorappan . What hurts him the most is that his Children too are viewing his Bhagavan as "Satan" . He laments that his Christian-children are ineligible to conduct his *SrAdham* ( post death vedic rituals), and this will land him in hell . Despite this, he is deeply attached to his children , and fulfills all their needs most enthusiastically . He is the sole-bread earner for the family and he showers them with money . However, his fanatic Christian children are thankless to their Father and they miss no opportunity to ill-treat him . Consequently, he is totally upset and has narrowly escaped from two major road accidents recently . Seeing his sufferings , I lovingly advised the children to be more merciful to their Father to keep him alive since without him they can not survive in life . Unfortunately , they did not listen to my advise and continued to harass the father. The situation is deteriorating further .

Om Namo Narayanaya!!!!

Krishnadaya

-

Veryytterium <veryytterium wrote:

Re: [Guruvayur] Don't violate Sri Krishna's instructions !!!!

namo narayana

While I completely agree and understand that Lord Sri Krishna's commands in His Bhagavad Gita need to be followed at all times, I do not understand the concept of varnashrama in this present age.

With my limited understanding, I see that many in todays world are not purely from one particular varna/caste, but most of the people I know have either inter-caste, inter-religion or even inter-race marriages.

In such times what will happen to such people from these mixed marriages according to Bhagavad Gita, will they all go to hell or be trapped in this samsaara because they did not know what their actual varna was?

Furthermore, is birth (caste/varna) more important than ones sincere devotion for the Lord?

I request the learned members of this group to please explain this concept about devotees not transgressing the caste/varna lines in order to please Lord Sri Krishna.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Kamlesh---------------- On Tue, 5/26/09, krishnadaya <krishna.daya wrote:

krishnadaya <krishna.daya[Guruvayur] Don't violate Sri Krishna's instructions !!!!guruvayur Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 11:13 AM

Krishna, Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhaktas,

In Krishna-bhakti , there is no scope for "Fear" . Bhagavan does not view us as "Sinners". On the other hand, He lovingly views His Bhaktas as replicas of Himself . On their part, Bhaktas faithfully follow the footsteps of their Role models ie, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna . Bhagavan took His incarnations to teach His Bhaktas , by His own personal example, how to lead a Dharmic life . If we look closely at Rama or Krishna 's life, we can see that they strictly followed Varnashrama- dharma . As kids they lived as Brahmacharis, as householders they lived a pleasant life with their Wives , in Vanaprastha they groomed their Sons and in Sannyasa they renounced life .

It is "Adharmic" for a House holder to abandon his wife and return back to *Brahmacharya* . Those who justify it must give scriptural evidence to prove their point . Sri Krishna or Sri Rama never did that . One's wife is like Sita-devi or Rukmini-devi . She has a precious role in helping her husband and children to complete their life's mission ( Swa-dharma) . If a husband abandons his young wife abruptly, it will not please Sri Krishna . In Bhagavan's life , He has shown utmost mercy to his woman-bhaktas . The famous book *Kuchelavrutham* says "It is adharmic for even a Jeevanmukta to do injustice to his wife" . Only when the wife is safe under the protection of their sons, a person can move on from Grihastasrama to the next one .

A Boss has the right to chastise his subordinate . The junior should learn from his mistakes and try to follow the Senior's instructions just like a Sisya does with his Guru . It is a question of *Swa-dharma* ( prescribed duties) . Outsiders have no role in this business . It is true that Bhagavan Sri Krishna dwells in all living beings . That does not stop us from eating vegetables or fruits . Everyone is being bound by his Karma . However, the point is not to poke nose in other's *Karma* , unless being specifically asked for some help .

I had a very strict and fire spitting Boss . He used to blast me severely for simple mistakes and was never satisfied with my work. In spite of this , I never hated him but adored as my Guru . People around me was saying bad things about my Boss, but I ignored their advice. Gradually , I realized that , my Boss has great compassion in his heart and he was mercifully grooming me to take over from him . While leaving his job , he revealed that confidential information only to me among all his subordinates . I was struggling hard to control my tears but he pacified me with soothing words . If I ever disobeyed him , I would have had fallen as a "Guru-drohi". Though I failed to rise upto his high level , today I am surviving on the basis of his training . Everyday, I remember with gratitude the training he had given me .

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita ( 9.35) : " It is far better to execute one's *Sva-dharma* ( prescribed duties) , even though imperfectly, than to perform another's Duty perfectly. It is better to die discharging one's own duty in accordance with the varnasrama system than to engage in another's duty because it is dangerous to follow another's path ".

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!!

Krishnadaya.