IndiaDivine.org

Why , Temple Worship ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and His Bhaktas !

Since ancient times, Hindu-Dharma prescribes Temple-worship. Its intention is to elevate the Bhakta to God-realization. The worship procedure of Temple has been designed by AchAryAs like Sri Shankara to meet this objective.

What is a *Kshetram* (Temple) ? . "Kshayat Trayate Kshetram" (Which saves from *Kshayam* or deterioration). Temple saves the Bhakta from all types of deterioration.

What is Deterioration?. It varies from person to person. For a starving man who struggles to feed himself , hunger is the deterioration. For a sick man, illness is the deterioration.For a struggling student, forthcoming failure in the exam is the deterioration. For a failing businessman, business-loss is the deterioration. For a neglected wife, loss of husband's love is the deterioration. Temple saves its Bhaktas from all types of deterioration and associated sufferings .

When a person finds it impossible to bear the huge life-load anymore, he can transfer that load to his Ishta-deva in the temple and relax . Ritualistic temple- worship increases his inner-strength to easily tackle not only that load but even further.

More than the above types, the worst deterioration is modern man's animal-type lifestyle. Despite attaining the most auspicious human life, he does not utilize the sacred God-given discretionary power. Instead, he focuses enite attention on eating, mating and sleeping. Thus he deteriorates self to a low-born animal. However, when he takes refuge in Ishta-deva and does temple-worship , he escapes from the above mentioned ignorance and deterioration. Gradually, he gets elevated to Bhagavan-realization.

How can we be sure that , Temple saves it's Bhakta from ignorance, since many people are visiting the temple only for their personal gains ?. Just by going to the Temple alone, one's ignorance is not removed . True Bhakta is one who takes *SharanAgati* in Ishta-deva and ritually worships HIM in the temple according to the prescribed Temple-procedure. Bhagavan is pleased with such honest *Bhakti , and bestows the Bhakta with wisdom and divine grace .

Once a Bhakta had a conversation with Bhagavan Sri Krishna . Bhagavan showed him the four footmarks (two each of Bhakta and Bhagavan) at most stages of his life . However, on certain occasions, only two footmarks were visible. Bhakta asked Bhagavan why He disappeared on those occasions. Sri Krishna replied with a merciful smile, " O Bhakta ! You were too weak to walk on those troublesome situations. Therefore, I was carrying you in My arms". !!!!

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita , 9.27-28 :

"Whatever activities you perform, whatever you eat, whatever you sacrifice to sacred fire or give in charity and whatever penance you perform, offer them all to Me.In this way you will be freed from the bondage of auspicious and inauspicious results. With your mind fixed on Me , you will attain Me".

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!!SriKrishnadasa Rajeev