IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Paramatma is both Being and Non-Being

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krsna.

Tapâmyaham varsam nigrhnâmyutsrjâ mi ca Amrtam caiva mrtysca sadasaccâhamarjuna (Gita 9:19)O Arjuna, for the welfare of the world, I appear as the Sun radiating heat that withholds and sends forth the rain. I am immortality as well as, death. I am both Existence (being) and Non-existence (non-being). Whatever is seen, heard, read, or imagined, and through the body, senses, mind, intellect, ego, that which is seen, heard, learned, thought, all is non-existence (unreal or Apara Prakriti). But the one who sees, hears, learns, thinks, knows, believes is Existence (Para Prakriti or real). Bhagwaan says that Being (Existence or Sat) is also Me and Non-Being (non-Existence or Asat) is also Me.Just like during special food offerings (Annakoot prasad), the sweet dishes (Rasgulla, gulab jamun) etcetera are also there and bitter vegetable dishes (bitter gourd, methi

ka sag) etc. In other words, the offerings to God are sweet as well as bitter. Similarly immortality is also God and death is also God. In the form of the Sun, the withholding of the rain and later showering it - these two contrary actions (accepting and later sacrificing) are also carried out by God. "Sadsacchaahum" [being (Sat) and Non-Being (Asat) is also only Me] –In this there is no discrimination, only faith. Faith is even more powerful than discrimination, because discrimination is only possible where there is thought about both Being and Non-being. When there is no Non-Being, then what is discrimination? In discrimination there is division between Being and Non-Being, but in faith there is no separation. In belief there is Being (existence) and only Being. In other words, God and only God. In the path of knowledge, due to the importance of discrimination between Truth

(Existence or Being) and Untruth (non-existence or Non-Being), there is duality (dvait), but in the path of devotion, since faith only in God, and only God is of importance, there is non-duality (advait). The implications are that due to no separation between Truth (being) and Untruth (non being), essentially, non-duality is in the path of devotion. In the path of knowledge, the aspirant does not accept the) Untruth (Non-Being). By non-acceptance, the idea of untruth (non-beings) exists and continues to remain for a long time. The more emphasis an seeker places on non- acceptance of untruth, with the same intensity the untruth stays alive and becomes firmly established. In other words, non-acceptance of untruth is not as effective, whereas being indifferent is better. Being indifferent is like considering "Everything is God". This expression is even more superior. A devotee neither tries to get

rid of the untruth, nor becomes indifferent, rather he sees only God in both truth and untruth.