IndiaDivine.org

Always Chant The Holy Names

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Always Chant The Holy Names

Hare Krsna dear devotees,For the last years I have been experiencing a lack of enthusiasm in the chanting of the Holy Names, leading me to unsatisfaction of the heart due to the fact I have seen how my spiritual life gradually decrease.

In one sense I am grateful for experiencing this situation because it is bringing me to the point of asking for Krsna’s help. Due this I have the chance of a wake up, see that there is a need of improvement the need of cultivation of humility and the importance of having good and quality devotee association, just to mention a couple of things.

Lack of enthusiasm is dangerous as it can pull us far from spiritual life, far from the real goal of life then we fall down once again far from Krishna.Nourish the seed of devotion is a need for the soul otherwise it may dry up till death and to water the seed is to chant properly Krsna’s Names.

Many times I have heard from Srila Prabhupada the need to listen and chant clearly, chanting with a crying mood. Many and many times I have tried but many times is not enough, I am experiencing that I need to chant constantly and without interruption, daily trying my best chanting and thinking about Krishna. As we eat every day: in the same way we need to chant every day as best as we can and pray and surrender as our daily sadhana.

Even though I experienced a lack of faith and taste for chanting, always when I turn to Krsna asking for help He is there, this always amazed my apathetic mind when He does so.Some time ago I was praying: “Krsna please help me I have no desire to chant”, then suddenly a devotee shows up and talks about the Holy names and speaks about the importance of chanting. I was surprised how fast Krsna answered my petition. Krsna always send help in the moments that I most needed it. And every time I fell Iam going down, Krsna is there to stimulate me to give me strength through His devotees.

So my realization form this is that taste and enthusiasm comes from a good association from a Krishna Consciousness person, I have been so proud thinking that the enthusiasm and the taste I had experienced before in spiritual life was mine, coming from myself, now Krsna throughout life is teaching me a nice lesson about humility and that I am nothing without Vaisnava's association

.. Spiritual life is more simple than I can imagine, and the key is simple, the chanting properly of the sweet names of Sri Krsna…… Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Krishna’s Sweet Names

" Chanting Krishna’s sweet names purifies the heart; sanctifies and steadies the mind; destroys the six enemies [lust, anger, greed, envy, illusion, madness]; stops birth and death; dissolves sins; scorches samskaras; annihilates attachment; induces detachment; uproots desires; empowers one; makes one fearless; removes illusion; bestows supreme peace; delivers prema; reveals the Lord and His dhama... "

From The Art of Chanting Hare Krsna by Mahanidhi Swami

-- Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life.  There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the world.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare