IndiaDivine.org

Beware of faithless Hindu leaders who are trading Hinduism !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

Hinduism ( Sanatana Dharma) is finding it difficult to survive in the current age. Well organized Abrahamic religions like Christianity and Islam are doing there best to destroy the Hindu religion . However, Hindu religions biggest enemies are the selfish and opportunistic Hindu leaders like L.K.Advani who are ever willing to trade their mother religion for personal gains .

Speech by Mr. L.K. Advani , Leader of the Opposition (Lok Sabha) At a function to mark the conclusion of the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Archdiocese of Delhi , New Delhi 22 November 2009 . Rev. Vincent M. Concessao, the Archbishop of Delhi, Rev. Franco Mulakkal, Auxiliary Bishop of Delhi, other respected priests, all my dear sisters and brothers,It is a matter of both pleasure and honour for me to be invited to participate in this ceremony to mark the conclusion of the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Archdiocese of Delhi, which was established in the year 1959.I extend my heartiest felicitations to all of you on this occasion.India's ethos: Freedom of faith and cultural unity : Friends, India is a land of diversities. We see diversity in faith, language, customs, appearance, in many things.India has embraced these diversities, not out of circumstantial compulsion but due to its innate assimilative nature.India's age-old civilisation has always displayed this unique quality of respecting and accepting diversities, integrating them and making them a part of its unity. That integrating force is our national culture. It is the essential ethos of our country.We should cherish our diversity. However, it is the bounden duty of all the diverse sections of our society to continually strengthen India's essential unity.I am myself a product of a Church-run school St. Patrick's High School in Karachi, which was in undivided India before Partition. All my teachers in the school, including Father Modestine, the principal, were Christian. I am forever grateful to my teachers.

In matters of faith, India has never exhibited exclusivism and never closed its doors to men of piety and spiritual accomplishment.Our belief of Sarva Pantha Samaadar is the basis of India's age-old adherence to secularism.Ekam Sat Viprah Bahudha Vadanti. (Truth is One, the Wise interpret it differently.) This has been the conviction of our people since Vedic times. Therefore, when wise and saintly persons came from afar with a new interpretation of the Truth, people welcomed them with respect.One such wise and venerable person was Saint Thomas, one of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, who brought gospel to the coast of Malabar in 52 AD. The first Christian Church in India is the one in Palayur (Kerala) and is known as the St. Thomas Church.Did Christ visit India?There is, of course, a line of thinking and there is also a lot of curiosity around that line of thinking that Jesus Christ himself came to India as a youngster.I recently read in the Times of India that a British movie producer Kent Walwin, plans to explore Jesus's India link. A film he has planned is titled "Young Jesus , The Missing Years", and it reportedly deals with the years of Christ's life not described in the Gospels, and which, some believe, were spent in India.Whatever be the historical fact, the truth is that Jesus Christ and his teachings belong not just to the region in which he was born but to the entire world.India respects all religionsFriends, this is not a political platform. I shall not, therefore, speak on any political matter.Nevertheless, it is an important enough occasion for me to respond to the consistent propaganda that my party, the BJP, is anti-minorities and anti-Christian. Let me go back into history and cite a few examples to debunk this motivated propaganda.As many of you know, the BJP's predecessor was the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, which was formed by Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee in 1951. Dr. Mookerjee was an eminent freedom fighter who also served as India's first Industries Minister in Pandit Nehru's Cabinet.In the course of building the party in different parts of the country in the early fifties, he appointed Barrister V.K. John as the chief of the Jana Sangh in Madras province. Barrister John, incidentally, was a classmate of Dr. Mookerjee in Calcutta.The same propaganda was also heard at the time. Barrister John was asked : How can you, a Christian, accept to be an office-bearer of a communal party? His answer was forthright : "I know Dr. S.P. Mookerjee very well. He cannot be the president of a communal party " . Let me give an example from my own political life.Because of my school background, I often use Christian metaphors even in my political communication. When the Bharatiya Janata Party was born on 6th April 1980, it was Easter Sunday, the Day of Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Those of you who are familiar with the history of the formation of the BJP know that we were earlier in the Janata Party.The Janata Party had been formed in 1977 by merging all the anti-Emergency parties, including the Jana Sangh, into a common political organization to challenge the Congress led by Indira Gandhi. However, we were later constrainedto form our own party because those of us who belonged to the erstwhile Jana Sangh were expelled from the Janata Party in 1979 on the dubious Dual Membership issue. Some of our colleagues in the Janata Party objected to our association with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). The expulsion took place on Good Friday, the day of Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Hence, I said in my speech at the founding conference of the BJP, "It is not without significance that we were expelled from the Janata Party on the day of Crucifixion of Christ, and that we are experiencing our political rebirth in the form of the BJP on the day of Resurrection of Christ. "I revere Jesus Christ for his message of universal peace, love and brotherhood. I deeply value the contribution of our Christian brethren both to India's freedom struggle and to India's nation-building in the post-Independence era.