IndiaDivine.org

Achieving The Ultimate Goal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your japa is being well and you have been able to chant good rounds these days. How much faith do we have in chanting and in our spiritual path? I was talking to a devotee and he said how difficult it is to help his family to avoid eating meat, so I told him - do you have faith? Do you believe in the power of prasadam and the holy names? So he looked at my face and said but they are like demons, I don't think they could ever stop eating meat, so I assured him that I trust the power of prasadam and the holy names and that if he offered prasadam to them they will become more inclined to the philosophy and will eventually understand what we understood. He said it's like a chemical reaction....so I said that's true, the spiritual powers of the holy names and the Lord's bhagavad prasadam is out of this world....is pure mercy....the one we got just because our spiritual master and Srila Prabhupada allowed us to have....so he talked about the life of the acharyas, how they were so strict and were able to have a great relationship with Krsna.

I looked at myself and saw that I am so far from my goal but at the same time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel - this light is the power of the holy names, praying to the Lord and applying to my life what I already know is the best to achieve devotional success through the message of guru and Krsna.

Sometimes our " failures " appear like we are not able to conquer a deeper relationship with Krsna, thoughts of being so small and insignificant among so wonderful devotees make us go back, but we need to always remember this maybe a preaching of the mind to give up. Who said the gift of pure devotional service is cheap and easy, we have to make efforts to achieve it and the advice from our Founder-Acharya is that we should be eager to get to it, so we will have it. Strong desires, like we have when we want anything strongly in our lives, we may have the same for service, for pure love of Krsna.

My daily prayer is that I can chant nicely and understand how big is Krsnas mercy in my life.Hope your week is blessed with the Lord's association.your servant,

Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare