IndiaDivine.org

The Power of Association

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope you are having nice rounds these days and that your mind is not tricking you so often. I liked the post of Muniraja Prabhu that he talks about how he can trick his mind. It's very true that our mind is always sending us lots of information and telling us what to do - this is the mind's work, always trying to distract us and control our life but when we train the mind properly, just like a child giving her the maha mantra and asking her to be silent just listening to the sound.....after sometime she gets trained and won't disturb us anymore but will become our best friend.

Today I chanted half of my rounds in the morning and went to the market to buy some ingredients for the offering of today and tomorrow, it's ekadasi for us here in Brazil this Sunday so I will cook the famous cheese balls made of manioc starch and farofa. We will have our Rose Lassi made of the Deities bathing water and also some other things. Cooking for the Lord is my favorite service and that what makes me more connected to the Deities. When I am not cooking I am chanting or reading and writing. That's my service....everyone has a different way of serving the Lord - here at home my brother loves going on sankirtan, distributing books and talking about Krsna all the time. Everything he says there is preaching inside and a quote from a book. My sister in law loves bhajans - she is now training a new tune on the harmonium.

The boys love cooking, worshipping and bathing the Deities. Uddhava loves kirtan and bhajans as well. According to his friends he is considered one of the best mrdamga players in the Mayapur gurukul....wow that's the Lord's blessing having a family who likes chanting and serving the Lord. I feel very grateful and my only desire is to always be able to serve and be in good association of serious devotees, nice chanters and vaisnavas that remind me of where I want to reach....pure love of God.

Looking at myself I think I see my efforts in a very small proportion of what they should be, but I know that by the power of association and constantly chanting, I will be able to follow my spiritual master's instructions - that's my main goal.

May your week be blessed with nice thoughts and very good chanting.your servantAruna devi

Japa Retreat Realisations

Hare Krsna,During November 27-29th I experienced a blissful Japa retreat weekend held in Trinidad that was facilitated by Mahatma Das prabhu and my Guru Maharaj His Holiness Guru Prasad swami that rejuvenated and enthused me.

I'll share some of these realisations over a period of time. The very first day we learnt about creating a Japa plan. This should be done just before going to bed. It can be written. For example my plan looked something like this: I am going to bed at 9 p.m and I want to be up by 4 a.m. I am going to pray before chanting (about 5-10 minutes). I am going to focus on the sound vibration. I will sit in a fixed position for as long as I can with my japa bag akin to my heart. I am going to chant with feeling.

Day 2 started with a pair share activity. We all had a japa partner and we were supposed to keep in touch with our japa partners. We had to share our Japa realisations.(a) What went well?(b) What were your challenges/obstacles?

© How can you improve?(d) What did you learn?(e) How did you feel?We were asked to chant our sixteen rounds in addition to more before attending the Japa retreat which started at 10 a.m. It was a great experience hearing my japa partner's realisations and hearing from other devotees as well about their japa experiences.

So over the next few days I'll post more on the japa retreat.Your humble servant,Dhama-rupini dasi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare