IndiaDivine.org

Happy Krishna-bhakti New Year 2010, to You all !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and Bhaktas,

May Bhagavan Sri Krishna bless You all with pure Krishna-bhakti, in the New year 2010 !!.

There is nothing greater than Krishna-bhakti . Our primary duty is *SharanAgathi* at the lotus feet of Sri Krishna . It will enable us to become Bhagavan's trusted instrument .

If we misuse our * Free will * to distant from Him and indulge in demonic pleasures, it is suicide because *Kali* will tear us into pieces .

Why Bhagavan Krishna descends into this world is for multiple purposes, but primarily for two reasons. One of which is that, since He originally enunciated the ancient religious path of the Vedas for the benefit of the whole universe, whenever that becomes obstructed by the demoniac or wicked atheists, He descends in one of His forms, which is in the transcendental mode of goodness. Thus, He again establishes the righteous Vedic path. He is the same Supreme Person, and in His perfect incarnation as Sri Krishna appeared in the home of Vasudeva with His plenary portion, Balarama. This was for the second reason, which is to relieve the earth of the burden of the demoniac. As Krishna, He came to kill the hundreds of armies led by the kings who were but expansions of the enemies of the Devas, and to spread the fame of the Yadu dynasty. (Bhag.10.48.23-24) .

Sri Krishna Himself explains this in the Bhagavad-gita : "Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Bhagavan of all sentient beings, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form. Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practices, O son of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself. In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium. One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna." (Bg. 4.4-9).

Arjuna, after understanding the position of Bhagavan Krishna, recognized His superior position and said, "Thus You descend as an incarnation to remove the burden of the world and to benefit Your friends, especially those who are Your exclusive devotees and are rapt in meditation upon You." (Bhag.1.7.25)

The Rishis at Kuruksetra, while addressing Bhagavan Krishna, also summarized the reason for Bhagavan Krishna's appearance in this world. They explained, "at suitable times He assumes the mode of pure goodness to protect His devotees and punish the wicked. Thus, the Supreme Personality descends to maintain the eternal path of the Vedas by enjoying His pleasure pastimes. (Bhag.10.84.18)

It is also described that when the Bhagavan assumes a humanlike body, it is to show His mercy to His devotees. Then He engages in the sort of pastimes that will attract those who hear about them. Then they may become dedicated to Him. (Bhag.10.33.36) These pastimes of the Bhagavan are so powerful that they can remove the sins of the three planetary systems and deliver those who are trapped in the continuous cycle of birth and death. (Bhag.10.86.34) Those who desire to serve the Bhagavan should hear of these activities. Hearing such narrations of these pastimes destroy the reactions to fruitive work [karma]. (Bhag.10.90.49).

It is by Bhagavan Krishna's pastimes that He calls all the conditioned souls to Him through love. Thus, by His wondrous activities He attracts all beings to return to their natural, spiritual position by reawakening their dormant love and service to Him, the Supreme Being. This is the purpose of human life, which provides the best facility and intellect for understanding our spiritual identity and connection with the Bhagavan. As Sukadeva Gosvami explained to Maharaja Pariksit, "He, the Personality of Godhead, as the maintainer of all in the universe, appears in different incarnations after establishing the creation, and thus He reclaims all kinds of conditioned souls amongst the humans, nonhumans and Devas." (Bhag.2.10.42)

"To show causeless mercy to the devotees who would take birth in the future of this age of Kali, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, acted in such a way that simply by remembering Him one will be freed from all the lamentation and unhappiness of material existence." (Bhag.9.24.61) However, Bhagavan Krishna also explains , "When I descend in My human form, the fools who are ignorant of My spiritual nature and supreme dominion over everything deride and criticize Me (Bg.9.11)

Nonetheless, Bhagavan Krishna Himself further explains the reasons for His appearance in this world to King Muchukunda : "My dear friend, I have taken thousands of births, lived thousands of lives and accepted thousands of names. In fact My births, activities and names are limitless, and thus even I cannot count them. After many lifetimes someone might count the dust particles on the earth, but no one can ever finish counting My qualities, activities, names and births. O King, the greatest Sages enumerate My births and activities, which take place throughout the three phases of time, but never do they reach the end of them. Nonetheless, O friend, I will tell you about My current birth, name and activities. Kindly hear. Some time ago, Lord Brahma requested Me to protect religious principles and destroy the demons who were burdening the earth. Thus I descended in the Yadu dynasty, in the home of Anakadundubhi. Indeed, because I am the son of Vasudeva, people call Me Vasudeva." (Bhag.10.51.36-40)

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev