IndiaDivine.org

Don't Let Your Mind Trick You

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jaya Srila Prabhupada! For a long I had a habit of sitting most of my 16 rounds of japa but it takes some endeavor to maintain this standard. If I don't wake up early enough and if I have to chant during the day or evening time, I don't have enough patience to just stay still and chant.

I have done 10 or 12 rounds sitting quite often, but today after a long break I just sat down and started all the 16 rounds. I had my devanagari-mantra card also, and kept my eyes on the maha-mantra. The mind of course came with some opposing arguments: " Do this, do that, at least quickly check out facebook or minimum drink some maha-water that you feel more fresh. "

The mind is often tricking us, but it's also easy to trick our mind: " Dear mind, we just chant 4 rounds attentively then it's your time...well done. Would you mind if we just quickly do 4 more attentive rounds and then you're free to meditate whatever nonsense? Ok, only 2 more serious rounds, then we certainly go to the internet....come on, it's only 3 more rounds to go, we don't care about you anymore... "

Your servant,Muniraja dasa

Full Of Brightness

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your week has been blessed by the power of the holy names. Today is Christmas Eve here in Brazil, many people are concerned about being more spiritual, merciful and better to each other. I woke up today, took my shower and started to chant, the streets were already noisy, there was this farmers market nearby, many going there to buy their vegetables and fruits for the holidays, my sister in law got some potatoes for our preparations of the day.

I could chant most of my rounds and then went to the market to buy sour cream, cheese and other ingredients to the Deities. It's always nice to have some prasadam in the house in case someone comes so we can offer them Krsnas prasadam. So I made Gauranga potatoes, turmeric rice with some cinnamon on the top, lentils dhal, salad and an orange cake. The weather is nice now and devotees are chanting in the house, the boys usually chant one or two rounds in the morning and at night more. It's so nice for the atmospehere of the house having everyone chanting, it looks like a temple, because we usually have Srila Prabhupada singing as well.

My gurudeva HH Giriraj Swami wrote a special article about these holidays and the importance of being opened to Krsna Katha and also the chanting of the holy names , he says also that the dirt of the material contamination can be purified by hearing about Krsna and chanting His names. The powerful process of hearing is able to change and impact others.

" Again we see how important association is, because the process for cleansing the heart is hearing the messages of Godhead, and only in the association of devotees can we receive the messages properly. Through our hearing and then chanting and repeating what we have heard, the heart becomes cleansed by the grace of the Lord. Ceto-darpana-marjanam: By chanting the holy names of God and by hearing the transcendental glories of God, the heart becomes cleansed and the light of Krsna consciousness there burns more brightly. It spreads throughout the entire body, and it comes out through the skin, the eyes, and all the different senses. Especially, it emerges from the mouth in the form of transcendental sound, which comes from the heart. The messages that one has received through the ears and that have entered the heart come out again through the mouth and spread light or enlightenment throughout the world. "

Happy HolidaysH.H.Giriraj SwamiI wish you have nice holidays and meditate on the Lord more and more, remember that Krsna is eager to shower His mercy unto you and also to reciprocate with whatever service you offer Him. Maybe you could make some nice improvements on your chanting, maybe hear to more lectures, maybe make time to dedicate to some service in the temple or in your home. Maybe you could distribute some prasadam like we did these days, 150 panetones, still have some in the house to give. Maybe you could just close your eyes, meditate on the sound vibration of the mantra and just forget about any thought that comes to your mind and after you will perceive your life has changed, while many in this world are feeling empty sometimes, you will be filled with nectar, love and brightness, just because you were in contact with the Lord. Willing to be blessed with your good realisations as well.

your servant,Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare