IndiaDivine.org

Praying To Krishna In Desperation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My head is clear. I’m hearing the syllables of the mantra and praying to Krishna in desperation. Please Lord, help me to chant Your Hare Krishna mantra it is so important to me now and I want to keep the right count. I’m trying my best.

From Bhajan Kutir #304

Feeling Of Separation

Hare Krsna dear devotees, hope your chanting is going well and you have been able to concentrate. I really wish your new year is being blessed with many new realisations and actions to attain new and good results on chanting and spiritual life. Every little step we take on our devotional life leads us to our achievements, today I was learning about one of the siksastaka prayers, this verse made me think of myself and analise if my practices are being really focused, we are here to learn and to make real efforts to get advancement to develop real love and attachment for Krsna and His holy names. Here is a quote from H.H. Sacinandana Swami on the 7th verse of the Siksastaka:

" O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, a moment feels like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence. "

If while in this world we can actually awaken to the fact that we are now separated from Krishna, we will not feel relaxed about our state. Especially when we are chanting Hare Krishna with an awareness of how we are separated we will begin to feel a deep necessity to reconnect with Him.

In 1969 Srila Prabhupada instructed the devotees to cry prayerfully for Krishna while chanting His name: " So we are addressing, Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna: ’O the energy of the Lord, O the Lord, please accept me.’ That’s all. ’Please accept me.’ We have no other prayer. ’Please accept me.’ Lord Caitanya taught that we should simply cry, and we shall simply pray for accepting us. That’s all. So this vibration is simply a cry for addressing the Supreme Lord, requesting Him, ’Please accept me. Please accept me.’”

It is said that separation is the best mood in which to perform bhajan. Srila Prabhupada once said. " Actually, meeting Krishna is possible through the attitude of separation taught by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When the feeling of separation becomes very intense, one attains the stage of meeting Sri Krishna. "

Cc. Adi 4.108, purportFeeling Separation from Krishna: Sri Siksastaka, Verse 7

The chanting of the holy names of Krsna is better chanted when we put our hearts in it. For that we need to be in a calm place, take this time and really desire to be with Krsna - actually we are inviting Him to our place, so because of that our attention needs to be 100% forgetting everything around us and just be with the Lord.

Concentration on the sound vibration of the mantra is the key to avoid inattention and for that we can use many techniques - reading the mantra while chanting, closing our eyes and hearing what we chant is also very helpful.

May you have a wonderful week and be able to chant the holy names with attention and affection as if you were meeting the Lord after a long time of separation.your servant,Aruna devi

LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare