IndiaDivine.org

Benefits Of Chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope this new year has been blessed by the Lord with many realisations on chanting and in your spiritual life. You have experienced in your spiritual path how chanting has changed your whole life and it will more and more if you keep trusting that chanting the holy names really benefits your life in all areas. I am an example of that in my life -how an ordinary person can become skilled in some areas of service just because of devotees and Krsna's mercy. When I started taking chanting seriously, my life was the same for years and I didn't even notice any change even though there were some. As soon as I took association of serious chanters - this japa group, japa room and also improving my chanting with prayers and dedication to concentrated japa - then my life changed in a very perceptive way, everyone could notice how grateful and enthusiastic I was with the holy names.

The first and most important thing in japa is when we develop faith that the holy names are our antidote in this material world without being affected by the material energy. A devotee is always eager to talk to others and engage everyone in chanting, because he knows when someone takes devotees association....takes Krsna prasadam and chant the names of the Lord, this person becomes blessed by this nectar and will never forget about that again. This week was impressive to me - everyone knows I am a teacher and for about 1 year and a half I started teaching people how to cook and develop a business of prasadam, some time ago I wrote to a magazine editor and asked if my recipes could be posted there and he accepted. This week was the one - I cooked 6 dishes and went to the magazine so they could take pictures of the traditional Indian recipes: lemon rice, kachoris, bengali potatoes, alu gobhi, pineapple chutney and channa masala. When I saw all those people dedicated to making my dishes of prasadam look more beautiful for the magazine I felt so happy.Then I started distributing prasadam, serving all the magazine staff with prasadam....everyone loved it because it was Krsna's prasadam. I could give mercy to someone and one of them said... " I think I know why Indian cooking is so tasty, it's because I have heard its offered with devotion " ....and I said its right.

This amazing experience I had was due to my faith in chanting, I knew that the Lord could do with me whatever He wanted, I am not a very skilled chef but I trust Krsna gives us intelligence to do and serve Him in whatever we want because we will be protected by Him in every situation. I have complete faith that when we chant seriously Krsna reciprocates with that and He showers more and more benedictions of service to our lives.

Here follows a verse from the Sri Krsna Namastakam from Srila Rupa Goswami that describes some of the benefits of chanting. " O Harinama, You destroy the many sufferings of those who take shelter of You. O Holy Name, You are the playful embodiment of intense spiritual bliss, a festival of happiness for Gokula. O perfect and complete Holy Name of Krishna, I offer pranam unto You time and again. " Sri Krsna Namastakam verse 7

I hope your week is full of bliss and lots of devotional service followed by happy chanting.your servant,Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare Krishna,

My humble pranams to the lotus feet of all you exalted devotees. Please bless this unworthy soul to progress in the Bhakti Path and attain Lord Sri Krishna's Lotus feet.

I read the message from Mataji Aruna Devi. It is simply wonderful. Indeed she has been truly blessed by our dear Lord Sri Krishna.

Can I request for a guidance. On the occasion of my house warming ceremony in Palakkad, Kerala, India in April this year, I would like to distribute some pamphalets highlighting the material nature of life, the real purpose of human life, who is Prabhupad and ISKCON and what one should do, etc. Can any members suggest me a suitable writing so that I will get that translated into Malayalam. The local general public are not aware of ISKCON and it's importance. Alongwith this introductory pamphalet, I would also like to distribute some books. Can you all suggest me a suitable book keeping in mind the characteristics of the general public.

Please any devotees, can you suggest me how I should go about it. Is there are any additional suggestions, please advise, I would like to utilise this opportunity to introduce Hare Krishna in my locality and also start a Nama Hatta in my home later. Please guide me and bless me,

Pranams to the lotus feet of all of you,

Unworthy Soul

Hari Bol

Haridasan.P

Muscat

--- On Mon, 18/1/10, manikantan <kanaiyyadesh wrote:

manikantan <kanaiyyadesh Benefits Of Chantingpost, koottalaDate: Monday, 18 January, 2010, 10:29 AM

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope this new year has been blessed by the Lord with many realisations on chanting and in your spiritual life. You have experienced in your spiritual path how chanting has changed your whole life and it will more and more if you keep trusting that chanting the holy names really benefits your life in all areas. I am an example of that in my life -how an ordinary person can become skilled in some areas of service just because of devotees and Krsna's mercy. When I started taking chanting seriously, my life was the same for years and I didn't even

notice any change even though there were some. As soon as I took association of serious chanters - this japa group, japa room and also improving my chanting with prayers and dedication to concentrated japa - then my life changed in a very perceptive way, everyone could notice how grateful and enthusiastic I was with the holy names.

The first and most important thing in japa is when we develop faith that the holy names are our antidote in this material world without being affected by the material energy. A devotee is always eager to talk to others and engage everyone in chanting, because he knows when someone takes devotees association. ...takes Krsna prasadam and chant the names of the Lord, this person becomes blessed by this nectar and will never forget about that again. This week was impressive to me - everyone knows I am a teacher and for about 1 year and a half I started teaching people how to cook and develop a business of prasadam, some time ago I wrote to a magazine editor and asked if my recipes could be posted there and he accepted. This week was the one - I cooked 6 dishes and went to the magazine so they could take pictures of the traditional Indian recipes: lemon rice, kachoris, bengali potatoes, alu gobhi, pineapple chutney and channa masala. When I saw all

those people dedicated to making my dishes of prasadam look more beautiful for the magazine I felt so happy.Then I started distributing prasadam, serving all the magazine staff with prasadam.... everyone loved it because it was Krsna's prasadam. I could give mercy to someone and one of them said... "I think I know why Indian cooking is so tasty, it's because I have heard its offered with devotion"....and I said its right.

This amazing experience I had was due to my faith in chanting, I knew that the Lord could do with me whatever He wanted, I am not a very skilled chef but I trust Krsna gives us intelligence to do and serve Him in whatever we want because we will be protected by Him in every situation. I have complete faith that when we chant seriously Krsna reciprocates with that and He showers more and more benedictions of service to our lives.Here follows a verse from the Sri Krsna Namastakam from Srila Rupa Goswami that describes some of the benefits of chanting.

"O Harinama, You destroy the many sufferings of those who take shelter of You. O Holy Name, You are the playful embodiment of intense spiritual bliss, a festival of happiness for Gokula. O perfect and complete Holy Name of Krishna, I offer pranam unto You time and again." Sri Krsna Namastakam verse 7

I hope your week is full of bliss and lots of devotional service followed by happy chanting.your servant,Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head KrishnaChant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Hare KrishnaPAMHOAGTSPAGTGGDandavat PranamsVery happy to see a mail from a Malayali Devotee, i am also from Palakkad. I will help you to get some broacher regarding ISKCON in English.

If you can arrange the same in Malayalam that will be a great seva.also i can provide you some of our Devotees there and also  they are providing vaishnava catering for the occasions. You can utilize their service and association, that also  provide a  great atmosphere.

I will be posting the details by my next mail.Your ServantmaniOn Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM, hari mannadiar <hari_muscat wrote:

Hare Krishna,

My humble pranams to the lotus feet of all you exalted devotees.  Please bless this unworthy soul to progress in the Bhakti Path and attain Lord Sri Krishna's Lotus feet.

I read the message from Mataji Aruna Devi.  It is simply wonderful.  Indeed she has been truly blessed by our dear Lord Sri Krishna.

Can I request for a guidance.  On the occasion of my house warming ceremony in Palakkad, Kerala, India in April this year, I would like to distribute some pamphalets highlighting the material nature of life, the real purpose of human life, who is Prabhupad and ISKCON and what one should do, etc.  Can any members suggest me a suitable writing so that I will get that translated into Malayalam.  The local general public are not aware of ISKCON and it's importance. Alongwith this introductory pamphalet, I would also like to distribute some books.  Can you all suggest me a suitable book keeping in mind the characteristics of the general public.

Please any devotees, can you suggest me how I should go about it.  Is there are any additional suggestions, please advise,  I would like to utilise this opportunity to introduce Hare Krishna in my locality and also start a Nama Hatta in my home later.  Please guide me and bless me,

Pranams to the lotus feet of all of you,

Unworthy Soul

Hari Bol

Haridasan.P

Muscat

--- On Mon, 18/1/10, manikantan <kanaiyyadesh wrote:

manikantan <kanaiyyadesh Benefits Of Chanting

post, koottalaDate: Monday, 18 January, 2010, 10:29 AM

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope this new year has been blessed by the Lord with many realisations on chanting and in your spiritual life. You have experienced in your spiritual path how chanting has changed your whole life and it will more and more if you keep trusting that chanting the holy names really benefits your life in all areas. I am an example of that in my life -how an ordinary person can become skilled in some areas of service just because of devotees and Krsna's mercy. When I started taking chanting seriously, my life was the same for years and I didn't even

notice any change even though there were some. As soon as I took association of serious chanters - this japa group, japa room and also improving my chanting with prayers and dedication to concentrated japa - then my life changed in a very perceptive way, everyone could notice how grateful and enthusiastic I was with the holy names.

The first and most important thing in japa is when we develop faith that the holy names are our antidote in this material world without being affected by the material energy. A devotee is always eager to talk to others and engage everyone in chanting, because he knows when someone takes devotees association. ...takes Krsna prasadam and chant the names of the Lord, this person becomes blessed by this nectar and will never forget about that again. This week was impressive to me - everyone knows I am a teacher and for about 1 year and a half I started teaching people how to cook and develop a business of prasadam, some time ago I wrote to a magazine editor and asked if my recipes could be posted there and he accepted. This week was the one - I cooked 6 dishes and went to the magazine so they could take pictures of the traditional Indian recipes: lemon rice, kachoris, bengali potatoes, alu gobhi, pineapple chutney and channa masala. When I saw all

those people dedicated to making my dishes of prasadam look more beautiful for the magazine I felt so happy.Then I started distributing prasadam, serving all the magazine staff with prasadam.... everyone loved it because it was Krsna's prasadam. I could give mercy to someone and one of them said... " I think I know why Indian cooking is so tasty, it's because I have heard its offered with devotion " ....and I said its right.

This amazing experience I had was due to my faith in chanting, I knew that the Lord could do with me whatever He wanted, I am not a very skilled chef but I trust Krsna gives us intelligence to do and serve Him in whatever we want because we will be protected by Him in every situation. I have complete faith that when we chant seriously Krsna reciprocates with that and He showers more and more benedictions of service to our lives.

Here follows a verse from the Sri Krsna Namastakam from Srila Rupa Goswami that describes some of the benefits of chanting.

" O Harinama, You destroy the many sufferings of those who take shelter of You. O Holy Name, You are the playful embodiment of intense spiritual bliss, a festival of happiness for Gokula. O perfect and complete Holy Name of Krishna, I offer pranam unto You time and again. " Sri Krsna Namastakam verse 7

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.