IndiaDivine.org

Preparing Our Hearts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your week has been blessed like mine. It's always nice to wake up early in the morning and have the holy names, devotees association and the Lord's lotus feet to concentrate on. That's right, that our minds drive us to so many daily requirements, activites and duties related to our personal life.

I was thinking one of these days that I am the entire day thinking about myself....my own needs, my present and future bodily necessities....very short part of my time I dedicate to the Lord. This is due to my own selfishness, something I carry with me life after life and that just by the pure chanting of the holy names that I can remove all this bodily concept and start seeing myself as part and parcel of the Supreme.

I try to learn from everything that I see, listen and experience - good or bad moments I try to take a lesson from it.Today a friend of mine said she experienced a bad moment and it was difficult not to be affected, she said when going for a boat tour in the beautiful Brazilian beaches she saw a woman dying when suddenly she was hit by a lightning. She said she didn't believe it until she saw and experienced the situation, sounded like a horror movie. So I told her that this is to remind us that at any time we can die, we don't know when so we all need to be prepared to see others dying and face disease, old age and death one day. For some this comes suddenly, for others this comes little by little - so the lesson I learned is that we can't wait for old age to come in order to start taking the process seriously, we need to think that at any moment we may have to test our faith - our hearts need to be prepared....it's like preparing the land to grow produce - we need to be receptive to the Lord's holy names, to develop a deeper relationship with Him so when we face troubles and difficulties, we have strong faith and feel the Lord protecting us at any situation.

Today is Sri Advaita Acharya's appearance day and I would like to share a quote with you that I got from my guru maharaj emails.Because He is nondifferent from Hari, the Supreme Lord, He is called Advaita, and because He propagates the cult of devotion, He is called Acarya. He is the Lord and the incarnation of the Lord's devotee. Therefore I take shelter of Him.

Cc Adi 1.13I hope your chanting is bringing you lots of realisations and is making your heart softer to receivethe Lord's reciprocation.your servant,Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

well saidanu--- On Sat, 23/1/10, manikantan <manikantank wrote:

manikantan <manikantank[Guruvayur] Preparing Our Heartspost, koottala, "kanaiyyadesh" <kanaiyyadesh (AT) googl (DOT) com>, " Moderator" , kanaiyyade333, jayshreekrishna , "guruvayur Moderator" <guruvayur >, "Govindadwipa Moderator" <Govindadwipa >, prerna231 , spiritual_inspiration Date: Saturday, 23 January, 2010, 11:08 AM

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your week has been blessed like mine. It's always nice to wake up early in the morning and have the holy names, devotees association and the Lord's lotus feet to concentrate on. That's right, that our minds drive us to so many daily requirements, activites and duties related to our personal life.

I was thinking one of these days that I am the entire day thinking about myself....my own needs, my present and future bodily necessities. ...very short part of my time I dedicate to the Lord. This is due to my own selfishness, something I carry with me life after life and that just by the pure chanting of the holy names that I can remove all this bodily concept and start seeing myself as part and parcel of the Supreme.

I try to learn from everything that I see, listen and experience - good or bad moments I try to take a lesson from it.

Today a friend of mine said she experienced a bad moment and it was difficult not to be affected, she said when going for a boat tour in the beautiful Brazilian beaches she saw a woman dying when suddenly she was hit by a lightning. She said she didn't believe it until she saw and experienced the situation, sounded like a horror movie. So I told her that this is to remind us that at any time we can die, we don't know when so we all need to be prepared to see others dying and face disease, old age and death one day. For some this comes suddenly, for others this comes little by little - so the lesson I learned is that we can't wait for old age to come in order to start taking the process seriously, we need to think that at any moment we may have to test our faith - our hearts need to be prepared.... it's like preparing the land to grow produce - we need to be receptive to the Lord's holy names, to develop a deeper relationship with Him so when we face

troubles and difficulties, we have strong faith and feel the Lord protecting us at any situation.Today is Sri Advaita Acharya's appearance day and I would like to share a quote with you that I got from my guru maharaj emails.

Because He is nondifferent from Hari, the Supreme Lord, He is called Advaita, and because He propagates the cult of devotion, He is called Acarya. He is the Lord and the incarnation of the Lord's devotee. Therefore I take shelter of Him.

Cc Adi 1.13I hope your chanting is bringing you lots of realisations and is making your heart softer to receivethe Lord's reciprocation.your servant,Aruna devi

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head KrishnaChant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.