IndiaDivine.org

Blessings From Vaisnavas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees, I hope your Festival of Gaura Purnima was great and you were able to remember how important is the advent of Lord Gauranga to this world and how lucky we are to have got the holy names of the Lord to chant. I was reading a very beautiful message on H.H. Sacinandana Swami 's site and I got this beautiful article from him, I hope you like it.

How to Obtain the Merciful Gift of Lord GaurangaSri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed the treasure of divine love primarily through the chanting of His Holy Names. It is said He garlanded the whole world with the Holy Names, strung on the thread of prema. That means anyone who wishes to be garlanded by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must accept His gift of chanting the Holy Name with affection. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will give this garland to almost anyone. The only exception is a person who wilfully commits offences against His devotees. In Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s own words:

" I turn My face away from someone who offends My devotees. " " Let us today pray to become full of Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s mercy and let us also turn our face away - away from vaisnava apraradha. "

I liked very much the part that maharaj says that we were garlanded with the holy names and we must accept it with affection, means we should give great value to this chanting and avoid commiting the ten offenses, this is the only reason way we stop chanting, because we may have offended devotees or the holy names by being inattentive, so we must always be reminded that we have to have this humble state of mind to approach the vaisnavas, accept their blessings and always seek in them the good qualities they own, also we should pray every single day to Lord Gauranga in order to be free from these offenses so we can constantly chant the holy names and purify our hearts from false ego and the desire to be in control of the Lords properties.

I start by asking the vaisnavas that bless my life so I can always chant the holy names of the Lord and that I can serve them and understand through their precious preachings why I am here and how I can be free from material desires.

I thank all the humble vaisnavas that contribute to the preaching of the holy names of the Lord and pray so the Lord showers lots and lots of nice realisations to their lives bringing to them pure devotion and affection to chanting.

your servant,Aruna devi

Don't Get Distracted

This was going through my mind today...the mind wants to be distracted away from the Holy names, it wants to think about everything going on in the future and what has happened in the past. If these distracting thoughts enter, then we need to ignore them and push them out, much the same as you would remove furniture from a room.

Distraction is the enemy of the Japa chanter...by concentrating on the sound and focusing on the Holy names we can defeat this enemy with the sound of the Holy names.I hope your chanting is going well and that you are able to overcome obstacles with determination.

-- LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare