I would like to share one story, which I could listen from one of

the devotees of Lord from Guruvayoor Temple....which some of you

must have heard before..

the story goes like this...

There were one Shishyan and one Guru at one place. On the last day

of Gurukula Vidyabhyasam the Guru told his Shyshyan that he had

taught all lessons to shyshyan.But one more thing is to be known for

completeing the knowledge..which the shyshan would be able to get

with in a few days while his pilgrimage...

....offering the Dakshina...the toched the feet of His Guru, Shyshyan

started his journey..

When he reached Kashi one of the devotees of Lord invited him to his

house. He decided to stay there for a day. but the host was in a

mental struggle.his wife got raped by some people...so the husband

was in a confusion whether to accept her or not. that time a saint

came there. he explained his problem to the saint. He smiled and

said... " Dear son, ask your wife to chant " Rama, Rama, Rama " while

bathing in the Holy Ganga. Rama nama will take away even the worst

papa from one person. The husband became very happy and asked his

wife to do as the saint said.

...this time the shyshyan was observing all these..he could

understand that..this is what his guru said...the Glory of Rama

Nama. he became very happy...and chanted Rama Rama...

...thus the wife went to do as directed by the saint, she came back

and she was very angry towards the Saint..she said " you insulted

Rama by asking me to chant Rama nama three times!!! " .

...evey one got very surprised...!!! How????

....she said.... " Just One Rama.....with your full heart is enough to

purify any sin...!!!!! "

Hare Rama!!!!Hare Rama!!!

...the saint begged the Lord for Pardon....

Now Shyshayan could understand that this is the ultimate knowledge.

Hari Om!!!

Hari Om!!!

Kavi kunjunni Mash has written..

" RA Mayanam

MA Mayanam

Vayiykkoo RAMAYANAM "

" RA " means ignorance.

" MA " means ego.(Another meaning is " NO " )

It seems when you chant Ra...your ingnorance will go out ..by the

time it tries to come back you chant.Ma(No).....so it won't come

again...

....thus when you chant RAMA RAMA...all your ingorance will be taken

away by Lord.

Sangeetha

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

olappamanna , Gouri Ravi <on.gouri wrote:

I am mailing a story today. Must read it.

A man called Satpat was living in a town in Kerala.He had a

small house where he, his wife Sudha and his daughter , Prabha lived.They

were very happy.All were hardworking and he earned enough to have a

comfortable life.Happy family!Others changing cars every now and then,

friends building ultra modern houses, Prabha's friends buying expensive

jewellery-- nothing bothered them. They never longed for things which they

could not afford.Every thing was going fine .

One day Satpat got a call from his friend in Kuwait offering him

a job.If he was acceping it, he had to join immediately.He could not give an

answer.He put the phone down and discussed with his family.They were also

not very keen. He could not think of taking his family with him because

Prabha was doing her 12th.All his friends and other well wishers adviced him

to accept the job. Salary was five times more , tax free, fully furnished

family accommodation, and, and ---- He could not sleep for two days ----Yes,

no, yes, no --- .Ultimately he rang up his friend and said ,''Yes " .In a few

days' time he flew to Kuwait.

He felt miserable for a few days.He found it very difficult to

adjust to the new environment.He missed his wife and daughter a lot. He had

resigned his job back home and had no choice but to get used to the new

place.Sudha and Prabha missed him very badly too.

Days passed. Slowly he started liking Kuwait.A/C rooms at home,

posh car, ---,----,all these comforts made him happy.He could afford to keep

a cook for himself. He was no more missing home food. But he was always

concerned about his wife and daughter. He decided to keep two servants back

home so that Sudha did not have to struggle. He bought a new car for

her .She was very smart to learn driving in no time.She did not have to wait

for the bus any more to go and buy vegetables. Soon she learned to look

after his bank accounts. She started dropping her daughter in the college

and for tuitions.Most of the time she was out of the house because there

were servants to take care of cooking and other thigs at home.

Satpat came for his annual leave for the 5th time.His daughter

was doing her post graduation by then. He came for a month, but he started

getting bored after a week.Then he told his wife that he was cutting short

his leave. He said, " I am getting bored. I will go back a week early. It is

so hot here.Roads are so bad , I don't feel like going out. "

Sudha was upset. She thought, " Is it the same man who used to

miss me when I went to my parents even for a day? " Then she analised her

mind, " Do I miss him really?I am much more free when he is not here. " Then

she told him, " O.K.Sat, it suits me also. I have a lot of programmes next

week. You know, I am the organiser for the flower show in the

club.And.........

He did not hear the rest.

He was sure of his daughter's disappointment if he said he was

going earlier than she thought. She was so much attached to him, that she

used to be in tears each and every time he went back after leave.

In the evening when her daughter came home, he told her about his

plan of leaving a week early. Then she said, " That is O.K.,Dad, as long as

the flow of money does not stop, I am O.K. " She added, " I am joking Dad,

don't feel bad. "

Satpat just sat on the sofa.He could feel a pain of sadness slowly

filling his heart.

Sudha and Shobha came running to him asking, " What happened? " He

just said, " I am not going back to Kuwait. "

COMFORT COMES AS GUEST, LINGERS TO BECOME HOST AND STAYS TO ENSLAVE US.

--- End forwarded message ---

Guest guest

A very good and realistic story. Very much needed in theses days. People realise the value of thingd ony when they lose it.The man would not have found happiness even after he decided not to go back because the love and contentment once lost will never be ound again.

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18

--- On Sun, 4/12/09, on.gouri <on.gouri wrote:

on.gouri <on.gouri[Guruvayur] Fwd: A storypurayannur , kururmana , guruvayur , sathi_nenminiDate: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 11:53 AM

olappamanna, Gouri Ravi <on.gouri@.. .> wrote:I am mailing a story today. Must read it.A man called Satpat was living in a town in Kerala.He had asmall house where he, his wife Sudha and his daughter , Prabha lived.Theywere very happy.All were hardworking and he earned enough to have acomfortable life.Happy family!Others changing cars every now and then,friends building ultra modern houses, Prabha's friends buying expensivejewellery-- nothing bothered them. They never longed for things which theycould not afford.Every thing was going fine .One day Satpat got a call from his friend in Kuwait offering hima job.If he was acceping it, he had to join immediately. He could not give ananswer.He put the phone down

and discussed with his family.They were alsonot very keen. He could not think of taking his family with him becausePrabha was doing her 12th.All his friends and other well wishers adviced himto accept the job. Salary was five times more , tax free, fully furnishedfamily accommodation, and, and ---- He could not sleep for two days ----Yes,no, yes, no --- .Ultimately he rang up his friend and said ,''Yes".In a fewdays' time he flew to Kuwait.He felt miserable for a few days.He found it very difficult toadjust to the new environment. He missed his wife and daughter a lot. He hadresigned his job back home and had no choice but to get used to the newplace.Sudha and Prabha missed him very badly too.Days passed. Slowly he started liking Kuwait.A/C rooms at home,posh car, ---,----,all these comforts made him happy.He could afford to keepa cook for himself. He was no more missing home food. But he was

alwaysconcerned about his wife and daughter. He decided to keep two servants backhome so that Sudha did not have to struggle. He bought a new car forher .She was very smart to learn driving in no time.She did not have to waitfor the bus any more to go and buy vegetables. Soon she learned to lookafter his bank accounts. She started dropping her daughter in the collegeand for tuitions.Most of the time she was out of the house because therewere servants to take care of cooking and other thigs at home.Satpat came for his annual leave for the 5th time.His daughterwas doing her post graduation by then. He came for a month, but he startedgetting bored after a week.Then he told his wife that he was cutting shorthis leave. He said," I am getting bored. I will go back a week early. It isso hot here.Roads are so bad , I don't feel like going out. "Sudha was upset. She thought," Is it the same man who used

tomiss me when I went to my parents even for a day?" Then she analised hermind,"Do I miss him really?I am much more free when he is not here. " Thenshe told him," O.K.Sat, it suits me also. I have a lot of programmes nextweek. You know, I am the organiser for the flower show in theclub.And.... .....He did not hear the rest.He was sure of his daughter's disappointment if he said he wasgoing earlier than she thought. She was so much attached to him, that sheused to be in tears each and every time he went back after leave.In the evening when her daughter came home, he told her about hisplan of leaving a week early. Then she said," That is O.K.,Dad, as long asthe flow of money does not stop, I am O.K." She added," I am joking Dad,don't feel bad."Satpat just sat on the sofa.He could feel a pain of sadness slowlyfilling his heart.Sudha and Shobha came running to him asking," What happened?"

Hejust said," I am not going back to Kuwait."COMFORT COMES AS GUEST, LINGERS TO BECOME HOST AND STAYS TO ENSLAVE US.--- End forwarded message ---

Guest guest

Thank you!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

A very good and realistic story. Very much needed in theses days. People realise the value of thingd ony when they lose it.The man would not have found happiness even after he decided not to go back because the love and contentment once lost will never be ound again.

Dr.  Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. 

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18

--- On Sun, 4/12/09, on.gouri <on.gouri wrote:

on.gouri <on.gouri[Guruvayur] Fwd: A storypurayannur , kururmana , guruvayur , sathi_nenmini

Sunday, April 12, 2009, 11:53 AM

olappamanna, Gouri Ravi <on.gouri@.. .> wrote:I am mailing a story today. Must read it.

A man called Satpat was living in a town in Kerala.He had asmall house where he, his wife Sudha and his daughter , Prabha lived.Theywere very happy.All were hardworking and he earned enough to have acomfortable life.Happy family!Others changing cars every now and then,

friends building ultra modern houses, Prabha's friends buying expensivejewellery-- nothing bothered them. They never longed for things which theycould not afford.Every thing was going fine .One day Satpat got a call from his friend in Kuwait offering him

a job.If he was acceping it, he had to join immediately. He could not give ananswer.He put the phone down and discussed with his family.They were alsonot very keen. He could not think of taking his family with him because

Prabha was doing her 12th.All his friends and other well wishers adviced himto accept the job. Salary was five times more , tax free, fully furnishedfamily accommodation, and, and ---- He could not sleep for two days ----Yes,

no, yes, no --- .Ultimately he rang up his friend and said ,''Yes " .In a fewdays' time he flew to Kuwait.He felt miserable for a few days.He found it very difficult toadjust to the new environment. He missed his wife and daughter a lot. He had

resigned his job back home and had no choice but to get used to the newplace.Sudha and Prabha missed him very badly too.Days passed. Slowly he started liking Kuwait.A/C rooms at home,posh car, ---,----,all these comforts made him happy.He could afford to keep

a cook for himself. He was no more missing home food. But he was alwaysconcerned about his wife and daughter. He decided to keep two servants backhome so that Sudha did not have to struggle. He bought a new car for

her .She was very smart to learn driving in no time.She did not have to waitfor the bus any more to go and buy vegetables. Soon she learned to lookafter his bank accounts. She started dropping her daughter in the college

and for tuitions.Most of the time she was out of the house because therewere servants to take care of cooking and other thigs at home.Satpat came for his annual leave for the 5th time.His daughterwas doing her post graduation by then. He came for a month, but he started

getting bored after a week.Then he told his wife that he was cutting shorthis leave. He said, " I am getting bored. I will go back a week early. It isso hot here.Roads are so bad , I don't feel like going out. "

Sudha was upset. She thought, " Is it the same man who used tomiss me when I went to my parents even for a day? " Then she analised hermind, " Do I miss him really?I am much more free when he is not here. " Then

she told him, " O.K.Sat, it suits me also. I have a lot of programmes nextweek. You know, I am the organiser for the flower show in theclub.And.... .....He did not hear the rest.He was sure of his daughter's disappointment if he said he was

going earlier than she thought. She was so much attached to him, that sheused to be in tears each and every time he went back after leave.In the evening when her daughter came home, he told her about hisplan of leaving a week early. Then she said, " That is O.K.,Dad, as long as

the flow of money does not stop, I am O.K. " She added, " I am joking Dad,don't feel bad. " Satpat just sat on the sofa.He could feel a pain of sadness slowlyfilling his heart.Sudha and Shobha came running to him asking, " What happened? " He

just said, " I am not going back to Kuwait. " COMFORT COMES AS GUEST, LINGERS TO BECOME HOST AND STAYS TO ENSLAVE US.--- End forwarded message ---