IndiaDivine.org

Gita 12.1 and 12.2 some thoughts.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Arjuna was in a dilemma how to worship the Lord whether in an abstract form or manifested form and for that God replied those who hv fixed their minds on Me,and whoever steadfast and endowed with supreme Sraddha,worship Me-them do I consider perfect in yoga.

It is very difficult even to define God.whether He has got a form or formless though all scriptures say that He is all pervading and Omniscient.But these are merely words.Do we actually know what we mean when God is everywhere.This knowledge can come only thru experience.When a person says God is everywhere is it Practical Knowledge of the person who answers thus?It is only Bookish Knowledge.We must hv either read it or heard it from someone.The person who says God is in me gives a wrong answer.For example if a kerchief is held in somebodys hand and a question is asked where is this kerchief the answer will be it is in the hands of the other person.So here the hand is bigger and the kerchief is smaller.If one says that God is in me then he is stating that he is big and God is small.So the correct answer could be that I am in God becoz we are in God and not that God is in us.When we claim that God is everywhere we cant argue that God is in me.In fact we are in God.This shuld

be the broad belief one must adopt.When we eat,speak,travel etc we must always hv the thought that I am eating in God,speakijg in God,travelling in God etc.If one develops such a form of feeling then there is no better form of devotion than this.Developing faith and confidence are essential in the path of yoga.

Coming to the aspect whether God is to be worshipped in a manifest form or abstract form it is well nigh impossible for the beginners in the spirtual path that God is something like air unless there is a manifested form.The Lord Himself has said in the second verse that those who fixed their minds on Me and worship Me with sraddha them do I consider perfect in yoga.So He Himself declares that He has a manifested form.The Lord is having cosmos for His physical body.He is Parameswara,Saguna Brahman.He is the Lord of yogis and omniscient.His devotees are those who hv dedicated themselves to His worship.They are free from attachment,aversion and angularities.Thought of God alone dominate their mind day and night.They live for the service of the Lord.They are therefore perfect yogis.

So in the initial stages of moving in the spiritual path God can be worshipped only in a manifested form.Why one prefers to go to temple of Guruvayur or any other temple.Just to see the manifested form of God and pray with devotion and dedication.If God is in an abstract form there is no need to hv so many temples etc.The devotees too can hv no idea of the form of God.But the other aspect of abstract form or nirguna brahman is also equally important.Only so long as the mind develops into the higher realm of Consciousness the form is required.When a perfection comes then the mind can concentrate God as formless.For that a long practice of worshipping the manifested form is required and when ones mind moves upward towards higher dimensions the form automatically vanishes and one can hv a formless God in deep meditation.What is essential is perseverence and a will with devotion to find the ultimate Truth.Such a thing is possible only for pure Yogis and hence for the majority of the

people saguna or manifested form is the guide.But whatever path one chooses one will come to know that all paths lead to the same goal.For Arjuna too God has shown only in His manifested form and also His Universal form where he could see all things.So I do feel that in the initial stages of spirituality manifested form shuld be the answer and as Lord says with deep devotion,dedication,constant remembrance one can make himself dear to Him.When the devotee enters into higher realms of Consciousness then he can see Him as a formless one.This is what I could grasp from the first two verses of Ch.12.May be right or wrong I hv expressed my opinion for further discussion.

Hare Krishna,

agraman

India Matrimony: Find your life partner

online.