IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Gita 12.1 and 12.2 -II and some thoughts.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I agree, Shri Raman with what you have said

"So I do feel that in the initial stages of spirituality manifested form shuld be the answer and as Lord says with deep devotion,dedication,constant remembrance one can make himself dear to Him.When the devotee enters into higher realms of Consciousness then he can see Him as a formless one.This is what I could grasp from the first two verses of Ch.12"

I think it captures the esence of the first two slokas:

"Evam sata-ta-yukta ye Bhaktaas-tvaam paryu-paasate,

Ye chaapya-aksharam-avyaktam teshaam ke yoga-vittamaha" (G 12.1)

"Mayyaa-veshya mano ye maam nitya-yuktaa upaasate,

Shraddhayaa paryo-petaas-te-me yukta-tamaa mataaha" (G 12.2) --- Lord Krishna says here that the best integrated are those devotees who fix their minds on Me and worship my form without a break.

Three important things in the second sloka are that a) God says "maayya-veshya-mano ye maam" -- fix your mind on Me; mind is restless and keeps wandering; there are lot of emotions associated with the mind, positive, negative, tender feelings, also anger, fear etc. We need to sublimate these emotions and we can do that best by attaching our minds to God. And for this worshipping the saguna form of the Lord is the easiest way.

b) further, "nitya-yukta upaasate" worship Me, steadfast and balanced at all times, whether happy or sad and not be a fair-weather friend! i.e. worshipping/believing only when things are going our way; we shd trust Him even when they appear not to be going our way

c) "shraddhaya paryopetaa" - submit totally to Me. Shraddha or faith (Tagore defined faith as the 'sparrow that starts chirping when it feels the light of the unborn dawn' it chirps even without seeing the light because it knows that the sun will come up for sure; its belief in that is total) is important in devotion.

So thinking consistently, exclusively of the cosmic form of the Lord, fixing our minds on Him at all times, with total faith is the essence of bhakti and the way to liberation.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.

Guest guest

Submitting to the will of GOD is such a wonderful concept. I do not know much. I wish somebody in the group can write more about this. But, I do have a incident that I can narrate.

Once, when I was so worried not knowing what to do about several things, I happened to visit a very learned person's house and he explained the meaning of PRAPATTI or "surrender to GOD" to me. It was like GOD himself was telling me "Do not worry. Leave it to me & I will take care." From that day onwards, whenever I am worried, the word Prapatti keeps ringing in my hears and the LORD takes care of everything. It is, when we say "O Lord, I do not know what to do [Like Arjuna in Gita], nor do I have the means to do anything. YOU are my saviour" Lord takes over and does things in the most magnificent manner.

Om namo NarayanaVeena Nair <vee_1807 wrote:

I agree, Shri Raman with what you have said

"So I do feel that in the initial stages of spirituality manifested form shuld be the answer and as Lord says with deep devotion,dedication,constant remembrance one can make himself dear to Him.When the devotee enters into higher realms of Consciousness then he can see Him as a formless one.This is what I could grasp from the first two verses of Ch.12"

I think it captures the esence of the first two slokas:

"Evam sata-ta-yukta ye Bhaktaas-tvaam paryu-paasate,

Ye chaapya-aksharam-avyaktam teshaam ke yoga-vittamaha" (G 12.1)

"Mayyaa-veshya mano ye maam nitya-yuktaa upaasate,

Shraddhayaa paryo-petaas-te-me yukta-tamaa mataaha" (G 12.2) --- Lord Krishna says here that the best integrated are those devotees who fix their minds on Me and worship my form without a break.

Three important things in the second sloka are that a) God says "maayya-veshya-mano ye maam" -- fix your mind on Me; mind is restless and keeps wandering; there are lot of emotions associated with the mind, positive, negative, tender feelings, also anger, fear etc. We need to sublimate these emotions and we can do that best by attaching our minds to God. And for this worshipping the saguna form of the Lord is the easiest way.

b) further, "nitya-yukta upaasate" worship Me, steadfast and balanced at all times, whether happy or sad and not be a fair-weather friend! i.e. worshipping/believing only when things are going our way; we shd trust Him even when they appear not to be going our way

c) "shraddhaya paryopetaa" - submit totally to Me. Shraddha or faith (Tagore defined faith as the 'sparrow that starts chirping when it feels the light of the unborn dawn' it chirps even without seeing the light because it knows that the sun will come up for sure; its belief in that is total) is important in devotion.

So thinking consistently, exclusively of the cosmic form of the Lord, fixing our minds on Him at all times, with total faith is the essence of bhakti and the way to liberation.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more. Om Namo Narayanaya:

Mail Mobile Take Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.