IndiaDivine.org

RE: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nrisimha Jayanthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

"Happy Sri Narasimha Jayanthi"

(Dedicated to Sri ThriKadangallur Muttappan, Alwaye, Ernakulam)

Sri Nrisimha Maha-mantra

ugram viram maha-vishnum

jvalantam sarvato mukham

nrisimham bhishanam bhadram

mrityur mrityum namamy aham

"I bow down to Lord Narasimha who is ferocious and heroic like Lord Vishnu. He is burning from every side. He is terrific, auspicious and the death of death personified."

Lord Ramachandra’s Narasimha-Panchamrita

(These prayers are from the 47th chapter of the Harivamsa Purana which narrates the story of Lord Ramachandra’s visit to the holy place of Ahobalam to see the Deity of Nrisimha, where Lord Narasimha appeared and saved His devotee Prahlada.)

ahobalam narasimham gatva ramah pratapavan

namaskutya sri nrisimham astaushit kamala patim

The glorious Rama once visited Ahobala where He saw the Deity of Lord Nrisimha. He offered His obeisances to Lord Kamalapati (husband of the Goddess of Fortune) and prayed as follows.

1. Govinda keshava janardana vasudeva

vishvesha-vishva madhusudana vishvarupa

shri padmanabha purushottama pushkaraksha

narayanachyuta nrisimho namo namaste

O Govinda, Keshava, Janardana, Vasudeva, Vishvesha (the controller of the universe), Vishva, Madhusudana, Vishvarupa, Sri Padmanabha, Purushottama, Pushkaraksha, Narayana, Achyuta. O Lord Narasimha I offer my respectful obeisances unto You again and again.

2. Devah samastah khalu gopi mukhyaha

gandharva vidyadhara kinnarash cha

yat pada-mulam satatam namanti

tam narasimham sharanam gato shmi

I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha unto whose lotus feet demigods, prominent yogis, gandharvas, vidyadharas and kinnaras are constantly offering their obeisances.

3. Vedan samastan khalu shastragarbhan

vidyam balam kirtimatim cha lakshmim

yasya prasadat purusha labhante

I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha by whose mercy people receive all the Vedas, the essence of all scriptures, knowledge, strength, reputation and wealth.

4. Brahma shivas tvam purushottamash cha

narayano ‘shau marutam patish cha

chandrarka vayvagni marud-ganash cha

tvam eva tam tvam shatatam nato’shmi

You are Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva and the best person Lord Narayana. You are the master of the Marutas and You are the sun, the moon, air and the fire as well as the Marut-ganas. I offer my obeisances unto You.

5. Snapne’pi nitya jagatam ashesam

srashta cha hanta vibhura prabheyaha

trata tvam eka strividho vibinnaha

tam tvam nrisimham satatam nato’smi

I offer my obeisances unto Lord Nrisimha who is the creator, the maintainer and the destroyer of the entire universe. Although You perform all of these three acts simultaneously, You are completely beyond these activities. You are the all-pervading, unlimited supreme spirit.

Iti stutva raghushreshthaha

pujayamasa tam harim

pushpa vrishtih papatashu

tasya devasya murdhani

Praying this way, the best of the Raghus, Lord Ramacandra worshipped Lord Hari. At that time the demigods showered a rain of flowers on the head of Lord Nrisimhadeva.

Raghavena kutam stotram

panchamrita manuktamam

pathanti ye dvijavaraha

tesham svargastu shashvataha

This is the best of prayers, called "Panchamrita" or Five nectars compiled by Lord Rama Himself. One who reads this will be liberated eternally.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of NarasimhanMonday, May 23, 2005 2:58 AMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nrisimha Jayanthi

My Dear friends,As I am about to start my prayers at this twilight hour of Sunday, May, 22, 2005, to mark the Nrisimha Jayanthi, I offer my special prayers to the lord Nrisimha to protect each of us and all our extended family members from pride, jealousy, anger, avarice and prejudice, and to bestow upon us the blessings for humility and single minded devotion to his feet. Srimad Payonidhi Niketana CahakrapaneBogendra Bogamani Rajita PunyamoortheYogesa Sashwatha Sharanaya PavaapthipoothaLakshmi Nrisimha Mama Deva Karaavalambam.Sarvatra Govinda Naama Sankeertanam Govinda Govinda...Narasimhan Om Namo Narayanaya:

Guest guest

Dear Vinod,

A master piece of Lord Narasimha you hv posted.Really fantastic.Of the many avatars of Vishnu Narasimha avatar has a unique place.Hirnayakasibhu got the boon from Siva that death shuld not come to him from Man,Animal,Weapons,During day and Night,Neither inside or outside a place,Neither on earth or Sky,no blood shuld fall from his body on the earth and if it falls again he will get life and all such seemingly impossible things to get him killed and thereby wanted to flout the law of Nature.Hence Vishnu took the avatar of Narasimha to save His devotee Prahalada in a form which did His nemesis by adhering to all the conditions he put to escape death.It is one of the finest avatars of Lord Vishnu taken just for the protection of His devotee and thereby saved the mankind.Even in Vishnu Sahasranama we find this as Narasimhavabhu:Sriman Kesava Purushothamah:

Worshipping Narasimha with great devotion will eradicate poverty,confers many benefits and the reciter will hv no fear of anything.Narasimha moola mantra has 32 bijaaksharas and there is a stotra Sri Narasimha Twathrimsat Beejamala Stotra where all the 32 beeja aksharas are shown as the beginning of each sloka each akshara ..Reciting the same will confer enormous benefits is the general belief.Though Ahobila Narasimhaswamy temple is very famous there are a number of temples dedicated to Narasimha another famous temple is in Thuravoor some 30 Km from Ernakulam which s a lovely temple.I am not going to the history of that temple now.Vaishnavites give much importance to this avatar of the Lord Vishnu.

Hare Krishna,

agraman

"PS, Vinod K (GE Energy)" <vinod.ps wrote:

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Sri Nrisimha Maha-mantra

ugram viram maha-vishnum

jvalantam sarvato mukham

"I bow down to Lord Narasimha who is ferocious and heroic like Lord Vishnu. He is burning from every side. He is terrific, auspicious and the death of death personified."

(These prayers are from the 47th chapter of the Harivamsa Purana which narrates the story of Lord Ramachandra’s visit to the holy place of Ahobalam to see the Deity of Nrisimha, where Lord Narasimha appeared and saved His devotee Prahlada.)

The glorious Rama once visited Ahobala where He saw the Deity of Lord Nrisimha. He offered His obeisances to Lord Kamalapati (husband of the Goddess of Fortune) and prayed as follows.

O Govinda, Keshava, Janardana, Vasudeva, Vishvesha (the controller of the universe), Vishva, Madhusudana, Vishvarupa, Sri Padmanabha, Purushottama, Pushkaraksha, Narayana, Achyuta. O Lord Narasimha I offer my respectful obeisances unto You again and again.

I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha unto whose lotus feet demigods, prominent yogis, gandharvas, vidyadharas and kinnaras are constantly offering their obeisances.

I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha by whose mercy people receive all the Vedas, the essence of all scriptures, knowledge, strength, reputation and wealth.

You are Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva and the best person Lord Narayana. You are the master of the Marutas and You are the sun, the moon, air and the fire as well as the Marut-ganas. I offer my obeisances unto You.

I offer my obeisances unto Lord Nrisimha who is the creator, the maintainer and the destroyer of the entire universe. Although You perform all of these three acts simultaneously, You are completely beyond these activities. You are the all-pervading, unlimited supreme spirit.

pujayamasa tam harim

tasya devasya murdhani

Praying this way, the best of the Raghus, Lord Ramacandra worshipped Lord Hari. At that time the demigods showered a rain of flowers on the head of Lord Nrisimhadeva.

Raghavena kutam stotram

panchamrita manuktamam

pathanti ye dvijavaraha

This is the best of prayers, called "Panchamrita" or Five nectars compiled by Lord Rama Himself. One who reads this will be liberated eternally.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of NarasimhanMonday, May 23, 2005 2:58 AMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nrisimha Jayanthi

My Dear friends,As I am about to start my prayers at this twilight hour of Sunday, May, 22, 2005, to mark the Nrisimha Jayanthi, I offer my special prayers to the lord Nrisimha to protect each of us and all our extended family members from pride, jealousy, anger, avarice and prejudice, and to bestow upon us the blessings for humility and single minded devotion to his feet. Srimad Payonidhi Niketana CahakrapaneBogendra Bogamani Rajita PunyamoortheYogesa Sashwatha Sharanaya PavaapthipoothaLakshmi Nrisimha Mama Deva Karaavalambam.Sarvatra Govinda Naama Sankeertanam Govinda Govinda...Narasimhan Om Namo Narayanaya: Om Namo Narayanaya:

India Matrimony: Find your life partner

online.

Guest guest

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Dear Shri Raman,

As you mentioned, Thuravur Sri Narasimha swamy kshetram is a very popular abode of Lord lying very near to Cherthala, in the Ernakulam-Allapuzha N H. Though I have only seen the outward view of this temple quite a number of times, I am yet not blessed to visit there. There is a small tank lying in front of the temple, which adds more beauty to the temple architecture. I understand from ur mail that you have a good knowledge base abt the temple history, traditions & contemporary occurences. Please put some effort to share the info within our group.

Sri ThriKadangallur is again yet another Narasimha swamy temple situated in Alwaye, lying very near to my maternal house.

I have not much to share abt the temple history. As heard from my grandmother, tevar's arattu yathra is a very popular occurence, where the idol of Tevar is carried over a selected Gajarajan of the respective year (fully decorated with all Vishnu symbols) accompanied by Panchavadyam, melam & a long chain of devotees with oil-lamps chanting the most holy names of the Lord. The crackers & light festival multiplies the attraction of the historical procession. The temple lies very adjacent to Aluva-Varapuzha private bus route, which is totally frozen on the day of procession. The procession starts from the Kadangallur temple & ends at Periyar river (where resides Aluva Tevar - Siva & Parvati). It is assumed that the lord being seated on the elephant represents the form of Bhumipathi (the king of earth) blessing all his citizens & his dear wife Bhumi devi also. The route of procession is yet another aspect of interest. It's so becoz, Lord in the course of his travel happens to arrive at Mother Mary Church lying exactly at the center of city (Thottakkattukara at NH 47). That's a big time for devotees, where Lord meets his dear sister Mother Mary & enquires her whereabouts. It is said that big brother also offers certain gifts to his little sister. This is one of the most quotable example of religious harmony.

The travel resumes & finally reaches the land of Aluva Sivaratri very well known as Manalpuram (sandy surface). Lord Siva with his consort Devi Maheshwari (also addressed as Sri Vishnu's sister) welcomes their beloved Lord & invites to have the holy bath of the year called "Arattu" in periyar. This represents the unification of Siva & Vishnu, the dearmost Lords of the devotee kingdom.

What else any devotee would have asked to witness than this ?

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of GANAPATHY RAMANTuesday, May 24, 2005 2:43 AMguruvayur Subject: RE: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nrisimha Jayanthi

Dear Vinod,

A master piece of Lord Narasimha you hv posted.Really fantastic.Of the many avatars of Vishnu Narasimha avatar has a unique place.Hirnayakasibhu got the boon from Siva that death shuld not come to him from Man,Animal,Weapons,During day and Night,Neither inside or outside a place,Neither on earth or Sky,no blood shuld fall from his body on the earth and if it falls again he will get life and all such seemingly impossible things to get him killed and thereby wanted to flout the law of Nature.Hence Vishnu took the avatar of Narasimha to save His devotee Prahalada in a form which did His nemesis by adhering to all the conditions he put to escape death.It is one of the finest avatars of Lord Vishnu taken just for the protection of His devotee and thereby saved the mankind.Even in Vishnu Sahasranama we find this as Narasimhavabhu:Sriman Kesava Purushothamah:

Worshipping Narasimha with great devotion will eradicate poverty,confers many benefits and the reciter will hv no fear of anything.Narasimha moola mantra has 32 bijaaksharas and there is a stotra Sri Narasimha Twathrimsat Beejamala Stotra where all the 32 beeja aksharas are shown as the beginning of each sloka each akshara ..Reciting the same will confer enormous benefits is the general belief.Though Ahobila Narasimhaswamy temple is very famous there are a number of temples dedicated to Narasimha another famous temple is in Thuravoor some 30 Km from Ernakulam which s a lovely temple.I am not going to the history of that temple now.Vaishnavites give much importance to this avatar of the Lord Vishnu.

Hare Krishna,

agraman

"PS, Vinod K (GE Energy)" <vinod.ps wrote:

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Sri Nrisimha Maha-mantra

ugram viram maha-vishnum

jvalantam sarvato mukham

pujayamasa tam harim

tasya devasya murdhani

Raghavena kutam stotram

panchamrita manuktamam

pathanti ye dvijavaraha

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

My Dear friends,As I am about to start my prayers at this twilight hour of Sunday, May, 22, 2005, to mark the Nrisimha Jayanthi, I offer my special prayers to the lord Nrisimha to protect each of us and all our extended family members from pride, jealousy, anger, avarice and prejudice, and to bestow upon us the blessings for humility and single minded devotion to his feet. Srimad Payonidhi Niketana CahakrapaneBogendra Bogamani Rajita PunyamoortheYogesa Sashwatha Sharanaya PavaapthipoothaLakshmi Nrisimha Mama Deva Karaavalambam.Sarvatra Govinda Naama Sankeertanam Govinda Govinda...Narasimhan Om Namo Narayanaya: Om Namo Narayanaya:

India Matrimony: Find your life partner online. Om Namo Narayanaya: