IndiaDivine.org

Sankaranarayan Temple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A famous temple which is dedicated to Lord Sankaranarayan is located abt 50 km from Tinneveli in Tamilnadu.Historically the temple was built in the 11th century by Ugrapandian and further construction of the same was done in th 12th century by Seevalaramapandian.The story of the construction of the temple is more or less similar to that of many temples.

Further it is believed that once Goddess Umadevi requested Lord Siva to remove the difference among the devotees as to who is more powerful God whether Lord Siva or Hari.To remove the doubt Lord Siva assumed the form of Sankaranarayana thereby establishing there is no difference between the two.Though the temple is for Lord Siva much importanceis given to Devi who assumes the name of Gomathy.She is very powerful because of the presence of Sri Chakra installation and grants boons to the sincere devotees.

I know personally certain persons who suffered from certain diseases which even the doctors lost hope of curing took Vachanam for 41 days staying in the town and spent the time at the temple with absolute faith,discipline in fud and dedication got cured of their diseases.Not only She cures diseases but whatever problems one faces by doing Vachan for 41 days all the reasonable difficulties hv been removed by the Grace of the Goddess.The normal method is while one is having vachanam after certain days if the prayers are sincere the Goddess appears in the dream and commands to do certain things and if the devotee follows the same he/she is sure to get his/her problem solved.Actually it happened.I also know some people who hv gone to do vachanam and when the Goddess appears in dream and asks for certain things and in their temper refused to do the thing never got their problems solved.So faith and karmic effects both hv their play in this.Such is the power of the Deity Gomathy

Amman.All need not expect Her to come in dream.Those whose devotion and karma are ok they will surely get the Darsan and depending on their faith will be benefitted.No doubt abt that.I don't know how the mechanism works but the results are there.

As with all temples there is a pond,other shrines for various deities etc.The prasad is puttu mann(ant hill soil).When the people find snakes,scorpions(which is a common insect in that part) and other insects they pray to the Lord and offer the image of the insect made of silver and put the same in the hundis.Though the same looks superstitious belief the fact is after their sincere offerings such insects never visit their homes.The puttu soil has the effect of even curing cancer,skin diseases if worn daily with faith and belief .No wonder there is a flood of pilgrims flock to this tiny temple in this small town.There are lot of lodges springing up to cater to the needs of devotees.People who go for doing vachanam for their ailments,material problems,delay in marriage of their daughters,birth of a child etc go and do vachans and get benefits depending upon their faith.I had been to the temple some years ago not with any idea of getting boons but on the way of visiting many

temples in my pilgrimage of the temples of the South.I found immense peace and bliss on seeing the Goddess who attracted me very much.May be some of the members too might hv visited the temple or heard of it.It is worth to hv a nice Darsan of the Devi who is compassionate and love incarnate.

Hare Krishna.

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages Only in Mail: http://in.mail.