IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hi there

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Mohan,

Nice to read your trip to Guruvayoor. In kaliyuga I feel there is no special time or event to remember God. Krishna said," Where ever, who ever and when ever any one recite Gayatri Mantra with ardent belief I am there". It is a very powerful Mantra. The mind and body of the person must be clean when ever one recite this mantra. Bhakti counts more than anything else..Once you place God in your heart, he keep cleaning you up. He never alows the place to get dirty , where he is residing. Recite the Mantra with ardent belief, rest everything will take care of itself. This I am writing from my personal experiene

Om namo narayanaya

Indu, Canada

counselmkrk <counselmkrk wrote: OM NAMO NARAYANAYAHey Guys,Greetings from Malaysia.The month of May, 2005 was phenomenal. Liverpool won the Champions League, I made my first trip to India an hour after they lifted the trophy, then made my first trip to Guruvayoor Temple.It was so memorable (the visit to Guruvayoor, I mean). I was taken to the Temple by 4 Christians and a Muslim (just as harmony as Malaysia). Since my trip to India was strictly business, I managed to squeeze my Guruvayoor programme in, and came to realise that I was meant to make the trip to Guruvayoor. Imagine, I reached the Guruvayoor Devaswom at 1.00pm, and walked in. Despite the queue, I managed to bow in prayer before My Lord Guruvayoor at about 1.35pm. Later, I was informed by some locals that the Temple usually closes between 12.30pm to 1.00pm. Shortly after I

performed my prayer, the Temple was closed, at about 1.45pm.I would definitely want to make another trip to Guruvayoor. I have felt His presence around me ever since.In the interim, I have a question to ask. I chant Gayathri Manthra daily. I do not chant in any requisite number of times. I chant especially when I drive to work in the mornings, during work when I get the time (trust me, I can do both at one time), and as and when am able to. Is there any adverse consequence on me? Pray tell.Lastly, I am new here, so please welcome me once again.Hare Krishna.Mohan. Om Namo Narayanaya:

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Mohan

Well, i wish to transfer my little knowledge in chanting Gayatri Mantra.

You can chant Gayatri Mantra. But there are some rules to be followed.

If you got Diksha then you can chant the full version. I mean

starting from Om Bhur Bhuva Suvaha...... other wise you should start from

Tat Savithurvarnyam, Bhargo Devasya Dhi Mahi ...... only....

Anyway the best time is to chant is Brahma Muhurtha. You can chant during day time too with the line starting as I indicated if you did not get Diksha (means the advice from a Guru to chant)

This is my little knowledge which I attained from my astrology class and Gurus from the astrology college (on line study)

Thanks and regards

Suresh

Indira Kumar <indirapta wrote:

Hi Mohan,

Nice to read your trip to Guruvayoor. In kaliyuga I feel there is no special time or event to remember God. Krishna said," Where ever, who ever and when ever any one recite Gayatri Mantra with ardent belief I am there". It is a very powerful Mantra. The mind and body of the person must be clean when ever one recite this mantra. Bhakti counts more than anything else..Once you place God in your heart, he keep cleaning you up. He never alows the place to get dirty , where he is residing. Recite the Mantra with ardent belief, rest everything will take care of itself. This I am writing from my personal experiene

Om namo narayanaya

Indu, Canada

counselmkrk <counselmkrk wrote: OM NAMO NARAYANAYAHey Guys,Greetings from Malaysia.The month of May, 2005 was phenomenal. Liverpool won the Champions League, I made my first trip to India an hour after they lifted the trophy, then made my first trip to Guruvayoor Temple.It was so memorable (the visit to Guruvayoor, I mean). I was taken to the Temple by 4 Christians and a Muslim (just as harmony as Malaysia). Since my trip to India was strictly business, I managed to squeeze my Guruvayoor programme in, and came to realise that I was meant to make the trip to Guruvayoor. Imagine, I reached the Guruvayoor Devaswom at 1.00pm, and walked in. Despite the queue, I managed to bow in prayer before My Lord Guruvayoor at about 1.35pm. Later, I was informed by some locals that the Temple usually closes between 12.30pm to 1.00pm. Shortly after I

performed my prayer, the Temple was closed, at about 1.45pm.I would definitely want to make another trip to Guruvayoor. I have felt His presence around me ever since.In the interim, I have a question to ask. I chant Gayathri Manthra daily. I do not chant in any requisite number of times. I chant especially when I drive to work in the mornings, during work when I get the time (trust me, I can do both at one time), and as and when am able to. Is there any adverse consequence on me? Pray tell.Lastly, I am new here, so please welcome me once again.Hare Krishna.Mohan. Om Namo Narayanaya:

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Too much spam in your inbox? Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!http://in.mail.