IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Your views?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya!

I very much agree with your feelings that people instead of being devoted to GOD, easily get distracted and follow Human Gods. This is a very disturbing trend. There are several groups, whose leaders preach the word of the Lord. It is really good to listen to what they preach and apply the principles to our daily life. But instead the followers start considering these GURUs as GOD themselves [or avatars] and compose prayers and Ashtotarams in their names. Instead of visiting temples, people visit these centers and it then develops as a cult. What we really need is Gurus, who would lead us to GOD, rather than one who would proclaim that he is GOD.

rajan nair <rajan_k_nair2002 wrote:

Om Narayana!!!I would like to have your views about the attachedone. I have just expressed my feeling. May Lord Krishna Bless All!!!!RegardsRajan ________How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Photos http://in.photos.

Guest guest

Nobody can define who God is except by saying that He is the Creator,Protector and Destroyer.What we see in temples are the various forms that man has given shape to God.Otherwise why shuld the Gods in the form of images and photos wield so many weapons and shown in different ways in different pictures and idols.If any form is taken there are any number of such versions of the form of any deity.So nobody has any idea how God looks like and everyday this cult of bringing any particular deity newly goes on increasing only and that is certainly a terrible distraction to the mind of a devotee.For eg.if you take Ganesa we hv so many forms,Krishna like that,Devi same and all the deities hv been pictured in such forms and installed in different forms just to attract more and more persons to that particular temples and only to confuse an ardent devotee not able to analyse who is the real form of God.There are stories also circulating abt each and every temple and how God has taken in a

particular form in that particular place.This is surely a disturbing trend.Correspondingly we hv so many ashotras etc for every temple God coined by different people.So the originality never survives this onslaught.There are also stories of origin of eversomany deities and stories that if such and such deity is worshipped such and such benefits will accrue and for that vazhipadus shuld be done.So the whole atmosphere turns to be one of money spinning racket.Sages of yore in their deep penance found the form of God by doing terrible austerities and that shuld be followed everywhere,It is really a matter for pity that such things hv been given a go by and new and new forms of the deities are coming.For Vishnu in different places we see different forms and different ashtotras etc.eg.in Tripati He is in a standing posture,in Srirangam in a sleeping posture,in GVR as a child in a standing posture,etc and in all the above places there are different suprabhadams,prayers,poojas forgetting

that all are of the same form of Lord Vishnu.Then why they change the form of Vishnu from the original to different forms just like an actor donning different roles in films?The devotee who visits Tripati says Venkateswara,srinivasa etc and in GVR, Krishna,Guruvayoorappa etc and what is the difference?Are not all the same God?So a real devotee can certainly get perturbed and his concentration gets dissipated.This is not to find fault with the cult of worship but the way the same Deity is presented in different forms..What is the necesity for this?.We hv saharanamas etc for Rama,Krishna,Siva,Devi,Vishnu,Anjaneya,Narasimha,Subrahmanya,Ganesa and all the deities we worship.There is no particular nama and oneness.May be the same is left to the choice of the devotees.It is certainly confirmed that God is One and all these may be left to the choice of a person.When mind has developed certain attitude visiting a temple makes no difference.May be I am wrong in my perception but

this is what I feel..

Of course the same trend is there for Human Gods also.In their anxiety to euologise a particular person whether Guru or not he is made God and ashtotras,poojas etc hv come to the fore.Since there is no diffference between God and Guru,a real Guru par excellence there is no necessity to euologise with stotras,namas etc.We hv ashtotras.sahasranamas for Raghavendra,Shirdi Saibaba,Parthy Saibaba,Ramakrishna, and so many others praising in the namas that they are also Gods.

It all shows that still we are in the nascent stage of evolution only and not able to assimilate the real facts abt the formless God or God with form and simply and blindly follow what is found in the books.Hence nobody can find fault that if a particular person wants to worship a particular God in the form of an image or person the choice is for him/her.But if an ardent devotee once selects his Ishta Devata in the form of God or Man shuld not change the same and stick on to the same forgetting other things if at all he/she wants to progress in the realm of spirituality.It is not like going to theatres to see this film or that film.If this is understood then there won't be any confuson and no controversies as everybody has got his/her own freedom to choose the line of his/her liking and nobody can interfere in one's faith in a particuar thing in matters that are spiritual provided that he/she worships the One God in a form or a person.

Hare Krishna.

Sunita ramanthan <rsunitaa wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya!

I very much agree with your feelings that people instead of being devoted to GOD, easily get distracted and follow Human Gods. This is a very disturbing trend. There are several groups, whose leaders preach the word of the Lord. It is really good to listen to what they preach and apply the principles to our daily life. But instead the followers start considering these GURUs as GOD themselves [or avatars] and compose prayers and Ashtotarams in their names. Instead of visiting temples, people visit these centers and it then develops as a cult. What we really need is Gurus, who would lead us to GOD, rather than one who would proclaim that he is GOD.

Om Narayana!!!I would like to have your views about the attachedone. I have just expressed my feeling. May Lord Krishna Bless All!!!!RegardsRajan ________How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Photos http://in.photos.

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages Only in Mail: http://in.mail.

Guest guest

" OM NAMO NARAYANAYA "

Hare Krishna.

The argument that idols or the forms that we see now, of Gods were given to shape by man is to an extent a bit confusing topic to have a discussion on. But the idols tat we see in very old 'en famous temples are actualy the real forms of those Supreme personality of God head who, desented on to earth to teach the mankind the various aspects regaurding life, such as karma , karmphala etc. Rather the idols in temples gives our thaugts or mind the picture of the Supreme personality which can be very helpful for the mere mortals to concentrate their thaughts into, when they(we) need him.

Ofcoure if we reffer our puranas we can find how the grait saint have discribed very beautifully the magnifisent Supreme personality's human form. In Narayaneeyam, even though i've never read my father explaned it to me how in the 100th dashaka the author after having recived the divine darshan of GURUVAYURAPP, explains the beauty of the divin vision.

Dear bakthas what ever i've written over here are my view into tis subject, i dont know wether these thing are foolish taughts in the eyes of a gyani. I appologise if i've written any thing wrong in your view. I am just 20 but i tell you i've had a lot of instances, from which i can say for sure Guruvayurappan will never let you down, all u gotta do is just pray to him.

Please dont hesitate to write back to me.

krishna guruvayoorappa.....

with regards...

Krishna R.

MAN <agraman62 wrote:

Nobody can define who God is except by saying that He is the Creator,Protector and Destroyer.What we see in temples are the various forms that man has given shape to God.Otherwise why shuld the Gods in the form of images and photos wield so many weapons and shown in different ways in different pictures and idols.If any form is taken there are any number of such versions of the form of any deity.So nobody has any idea how God looks like and everyday this cult of bringing any particular deity newly goes on increasing only and that is certainly a terrible distraction to the mind of a devotee.For eg.if you take Ganesa we hv so many forms,Krishna like that,Devi same and all the deities hv been pictured in such forms and installed in different forms just to attract more and more persons to that particular temples and only to confuse an ardent devotee not able to analyse who is the real form of God.There are stories also circulating abt each and every temple and how God has taken in a

particular form in that particular place.This is surely a disturbing trend.Correspondingly we hv so many ashotras etc for every temple God coined by different people.So the originality never survives this onslaught.There are also stories of origin of eversomany deities and stories that if such and such deity is worshipped such and such benefits will accrue and for that vazhipadus shuld be done.So the whole atmosphere turns to be one of money spinning racket.Sages of yore in their deep penance found the form of God by doing terrible austerities and that shuld be followed everywhere,It is really a matter for pity that such things hv been given a go by and new and new forms of the deities are coming.For Vishnu in different places we see different forms and different ashtotras etc.eg.in Tripati He is in a standing posture,in Srirangam in a sleeping posture,in GVR as a child in a standing posture,etc and in all the above places there are different suprabhadams,prayers,poojas forgetting

that all are of the same form of Lord Vishnu.Then why they change the form of Vishnu from the original to different forms just like an actor donning different roles in films?The devotee who visits Tripati says Venkateswara,srinivasa etc and in GVR, Krishna,Guruvayoorappa etc and what is the difference?Are not all the same God?So a real devotee can certainly get perturbed and his concentration gets dissipated.This is not to find fault with the cult of worship but the way the same Deity is presented in different forms..What is the necesity for this?.We hv saharanamas etc for Rama,Krishna,Siva,Devi,Vishnu,Anjaneya,Narasimha,Subrahmanya,Ganesa and all the deities we worship.There is no particular nama and oneness.May be the same is left to the choice of the devotees.It is certainly confirmed that God is One and all these may be left to the choice of a person.When mind has developed certain attitude visiting a temple makes no difference.May be I am wrong in my perception but

this is what I feel..

Of course the same trend is there for Human Gods also.In their anxiety to euologise a particular person whether Guru or not he is made God and ashtotras,poojas etc hv come to the fore.Since there is no diffference between God and Guru,a real Guru par excellence there is no necessity to euologise with stotras,namas etc.We hv ashtotras.sahasranamas for Raghavendra,Shirdi Saibaba,Parthy Saibaba,Ramakrishna, and so many others praising in the namas that they are also Gods.

It all shows that still we are in the nascent stage of evolution only and not able to assimilate the real facts abt the formless God or God with form and simply and blindly follow what is found in the books.Hence nobody can find fault that if a particular person wants to worship a particular God in the form of an image or person the choice is for him/her.But if an ardent devotee once selects his Ishta Devata in the form of God or Man shuld not change the same and stick on to the same forgetting other things if at all he/she wants to progress in the realm of spirituality.It is not like going to theatres to see this film or that film.If this is understood then there won't be any confuson and no controversies as everybody has got his/her own freedom to choose the line of his/her liking and nobody can interfere in one's faith in a particuar thing in matters that are spiritual provided that he/she worships the One God in a form or a person.

Hare Krishna.

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messagesOnly in Mail: http://in.mail.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Krishna,

It is strange that you hv concluded yr mail with the wordings 'don't hesitate to write me back'.That itself shows yr mental set up.Why shuld I hv hesitation in writing to you? If the idols are not carved by man then how they come? from air or automatically?Do you know who makes idols for installation in temples?They are being done by persons called stapathys or people who know the art of carving idols from various stones of importance and according to silpa sastra.I don't know how you come to know that those idols are the real forms of God as there are umpteen forms of the same God that hv been manifested to what type of people.As you are only 20 you don't hv any chance of knowing all these things.I too hv stressed that the sages of yore hv found in their deep penances and the Supreme Being must hv shown some form and which they hv got the stapathis to carve and got installed in the famous temples.There are elaborate procedures for installing the deities in every

temple.What I stressed is that each God has been shown in different forms in different temples and that is not a thing for appreciation as nobody has any idea of how so many forms hv been shown by the same God and having different names and forms when we know that there is only One God..Since you hv no idea of these things there is no use or necessity for arguing with you.

So better continue to recite Narayaneeyam and Sahasranamam from now onwards daily with devotion and dedication while you hv to do yr wordly duties as you are only very young and take Lord Guruvayoorappan as yr Ishta Devata and concentrate ONLY on Him instead of the deities of various temples and if your karmic deeds of earlier periods and Grace are there after several years you may get the answers and you won't hv any confusion in the matter.Spiritualism is a dense forest and don't try to enter into that at this state of mind and after making progress in the Bakthy marga considerably you will be able to find the way by yourself.If you enter now then after some time you will be groping in the dark and can't find to get out.So don't try to enter a field that is new to you without understanding the basics which will eventually lead you neither here or there and will only lead to disappointment and discontent.So for the present you carry on in yr belief and as I said after

many years of practice and leading a disciplined life all the things will come to yr knowledge automatically.ok.

Anyway I apprecaiate the interest you are having in the matter but the time has not ripened for you to understand the inner meaning of the posting I hv made which you will know if you follow what I hv stated above.I always welcome such things from young people like you to share the knowledge which I hv, though may not be much but this too I hv realised after several years of following in the path with doubts which you hv at present.I am sure you will by the Grace of God understand all these things after several years of dedicated bhakthy which is also very difficult to develop depending on the mental attitude of the devotee..So Time is the greatest factor in the realm of spirituality and I am really happy that you hv or trying to make an attempt on ths line.Your thoughts are not foolish but genuine that any aspirant shuld hv at this inital stage.So don't bother abt that and dedicate yrself with full mind and take Lord Guruvayoorappan as yr Deity and by His Grace all will go well

and you will get greater understanding and maturity as years roll by.Don't get discouraged but proceed in yr chosen path with absolute faith which is very essential in this marga and God will surely bless you with knowledge.

Hare Krishna.krishna shetty <essem2002 wrote:

" OM NAMO NARAYANAYA "

Hare Krishna.

The argument that idols or the forms that we see now, of Gods were given to shape by man is to an extent a bit confusing topic to have a discussion on. But the idols tat we see in very old 'en famous temples are actualy the real forms of those Supreme personality of God head who, desented on to earth to teach the mankind the various aspects regaurding life, such as karma , karmphala etc. Rather the idols in temples gives our thaugts or mind the picture of the Supreme personality which can be very helpful for the mere mortals to concentrate their thaughts into, when they(we) need him.

Ofcoure if we reffer our puranas we can find how the grait saint have discribed very beautifully the magnifisent Supreme personality's human form. In Narayaneeyam, even though i've never read my father explaned it to me how in the 100th dashaka the author after having recived the divine darshan of GURUVAYURAPP, explains the beauty of the divin vision.

Dear bakthas what ever i've written over here are my view into tis subject, i dont know wether these thing are foolish taughts in the eyes of a gyani. I appologise if i've written any thing wrong in your view. I am just 20 but i tell you i've had a lot of instances, from which i can say for sure Guruvayurappan will never let you down, all u gotta do is just pray to him.

Please dont hesitate to write back to me.

krishna guruvayoorappa.....

with regards...

Krishna R.

MAN <agraman62 wrote:

this is what I feel..

Hare Krishna.

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messagesOnly in Mail: http://in.mail.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages Only in Mail: http://in.mail.