IndiaDivine.org

Lord Dakshinamurthy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Here is a link

http://www.avgsatsang.org/

The website has interesting articles on the Lord's avtaara as Dakshinamurthy.

------

Rajaram Venkataramani <v_raja_ram wrote:

subbu-

very nice response.

1) Can some tell me the source of the verse: guru brahma guru vishnu guru devo maheswara: guru sakshat param brahma tasmai sri gurave nama:

2) can some one also tell me where dakshinamoorthy is mentioned in the srutis and puranas?Subbu Iyer <iyers_96027 wrote:

Dear Anant

I am not sure if I am answering out of turn, because there seem to be many knowledgable members in the group. Yet, let me attempt it from a personal learning perspective.

First of all, your question needs to be broken down to a more granular level, as follows:

Irrespective of whatever, we need a Guru in our life to lead us towards spiritual fulfillment.

The qualities of such a Guru are one, who leads by practice, what he preaches. In essence, every action and breath of such a Guru inspires the divine; the Parabrahmam or the omnipresent; the Godliness that is resident is every single living object including you and me.

Nama Japam is one of the recommended steps on the spiritual journey. It is a good foundation for one to enter the expanse of the universe of spirituality with a beacon of light.

The only qualification for practicing Nama Japam is "Love". For example, when you call someone close to you with love and affection, they reciprocate. Such a call is pleasing to your as well as receivers ear. But if your voice is harsh and rude, the receiver is turned off. The best of your intentions cannot substitute the for appropriate action. As the cliched saying goes, the message and messenger are equally important.

Finding a Guru who will lead you to spiritual upliftment is a real blessing. The really blessed are the divine, born with a quotient of Good Will from the previous birth; whom a Guru comes searching. The classic example is that of Shri. Rama whom Vishwamitra comes seeking or Prahlada whom Narada comes seeking. Most of us have to probably spend several eons accumulating such Good Will, before we can be benefacted by the right Guru.

The emphasis on the right Guru is laid because as a disciple, ones duty to the Guru and his / her teachings must be unquestionable and followed without hesitation and doubt. Such a relationship (which is truthful to conscience and not a show to the external world) can exist only when the Guru has realized the presence of the Brahman in him and is ready to lead others unselfishly towards the light of Mukti from the World (The one recognized by our Ego as the universe).

As I said earlier, I am but a humble student and have only narrated whatever I've realized from my experience. I am still in search of a Guru and am conscious that I need to accumulate my share of the Good Will.

I pray that Guruvayoorappan will lead you the right one.

anant subramaniam <anant_subramaniam wrote:

Dearest Group Members,

I have read with interest the wonderful emails sent by various group members on japam and bhakti. However, I am confused as to whether it is necessary to be initiated by a Guru to practise Nama Japam ? Or can one do it on his/her own without guidance? If a Guru is required, what are the qualities of a Guru? Where do I find one?

I would be grateful if any group member could clear my doubts.

Secondly, I wish to send contributions to the Guruvayur temple regularly . What is the way to do it ? Can you please provide me with the address of the person/institution where one can send contributions regularly.

Sorry, if my query sounds silly. Please forgive.

Humbly,

Anant

Too much spam in your inbox? Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!http://in.mail. Om Namo Narayanaya: Best regards,Subbu Iyer

Sell on Auctions - No fees. Bid on great items. Om Namo Narayanaya:

Start your day with - make it your home page

Start your day with - make it your home page