IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Mantra Yoga.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Shri Ganapathy Raman

It better always like you learned people provide guidence.

But, in fact, I was trying to give the correct version of Bija only. Really I did not think that I was wasting time of others. It it is kindly forgive me.

Thanks

Suresh

GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

It is agreed that the Bhija mantra for Lakshmy is Shreem and for Saraswathy 'Aim'. But for using Bija mantra along with the name of the Deity one shuld observe cerain rules and the same can't be repeated at will but in a methodical way to get the benefits.It is not like reciting nama japa.For ordinary recital Om Sri Mahalakshmye namah or Maha saraswathye namah is ok. But when you add Bija akshara the mantras get the power becoz of the Bijakshara and all the disciplines prescribed shuld be observed if at all to get the effect of the recital.Further for getting any mantra siddhi the recital of Gayathry mantra is a must before reciting the interested Devata mantra.Again the Ankanyasa,Karanyasa,Dhyana Sloka,are all required.For mere recital of the name of the Devata such things are not necessary.After recital of a number of times fixed the Devata shuld be worshipped with offerings of fruiits etc and Deepa,Camphor arathy shuld be shown.The Mantra in order to be effective shuld be

mentally recited with concentration without movement of lips.In the initial stages it may be difficult and hence the same can be recited loudly and aftersome time the tone may be slowed down and again after some more practice the same shuld be mentally repeated.The Bija mantra of the Devata shuld not be recited while walking and doing other things but after having purification of the body in the morning and evening(if possible) by sitting in a clean place preferably if one has got a pooja room there or at a convenient place.The Bijas being sound vibration shuld not be taken for granted and the japa done without following the necessary disciplne will hv no effect and it makes no difference whether the mantra is recited or not.Further to attain mantra siddhi the mantra shuld be recited at the rate of a lakh of times for each letter and everyday a fixed number may be 300,1008 or any number according to one's convenience and choice shuld be recitedand stick to the same number

always.Some plank or mat or some cushion shuld be put for sitting and shuld not be recited by sitting on the floor as the same has magnetic effect which will be seen only after a certain period.Added to that the Japa once started shuld not be stopped after doing for some months till the required number is completed.It may take months or years but the same shuld be followed.Of course in case of inconvenience say while during travel etc the same may be said for 12 times and subsequently the number may be made be made up when one gets time.If all these norms are scruplously followed then the Devata will be pleased with the devotee provided all depends on faith,sincerity and devotion and may show the form in which the Devata is worshipped or come in dreams or give directons thru some means and the resultant effect the sadhaka can see.Otherwise it is only waste of time in including Bija akshara to the mantra.I hv already written abt this aspects previously many times and hence no

need to repeat the same.I think our friend SUBBU can explain in more better way as he is a learned upasaka of some devatas.Will he see this and give his opinion,what SUBBU as you hv done purascharanas of yr devatas and wish to move further in learning Sri Vidya.You can narrate the methods you hv adopted in this matter.

Hare Krishna

agraman

Check out India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more. http://in.promos./rakhi/index.html

Check out India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more.

http://in.promos./rakhi/index.html

Thanks, It is better always, like you, learned people provide guidence.

In fact, I was trying to give the correct version of Bija mantra only. Really I did not think that I was wasting time of others. If it is so I appologize.

Also I have joined this group lately, so I could not know that you had already posted about Bija akshara etc.

Of course I am not a Siddha, but I believe, if we call our beloved LORD even if it is not in the way of mantra, but in a simple name by surrendering to HIM sure he will here. This is what I believe because after all we (including myself) are only dancing according to HIS music.

Kindly do not misinterpret, I am not trying to land up in a contraversy, but it is so paining me that I wasted the time of others!

Once again sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and others

Thanks

Suresh

It is agreed that the Bhija mantra for Lakshmy is Shreem and for Saraswathy 'Aim'. But for using Bija mantra along with the name of the Deity one shuld observe cerain rules and the same can't be repeated at will but in a methodical way to get the benefits.It is not like reciting nama japa.For ordinary recital Om Sri Mahalakshmye namah or Maha saraswathye namah is ok. But when you add Bija akshara the mantras get the power becoz of the Bijakshara and all the disciplines prescribed shuld be observed if at all to get the effect of the recital.Further for getting any mantra siddhi the recital of Gayathry mantra is a must before reciting the interested Devata mantra.Again the Ankanyasa,Karanyasa,Dhyana Sloka,are all required.For mere recital of the name of the Devata such things are not necessary.After recital of a number of times fixed the Devata shuld be worshipped with offerings of fruiits etc and Deepa,Camphor arathy shuld be shown.The Mantra in order to be effective shuld be

mentally recited with concentration without movement of lips.In the initial stages it may be difficult and hence the same can be recited loudly and aftersome time the tone may be slowed down and again after some more practice the same shuld be mentally repeated.The Bija mantra of the Devata shuld not be recited while walking and doing other things but after having purification of the body in the morning and evening(if possible) by sitting in a clean place preferably if one has got a pooja room there or at a convenient place.The Bijas being sound vibration shuld not be taken for granted and the japa done without following the necessary disciplne will hv no effect and it makes no difference whether the mantra is recited or not.Further to attain mantra siddhi the mantra shuld be recited at the rate of a lakh of times for each letter and everyday a fixed number may be 300,1008 or any number according to one's convenience and choice shuld be recitedand stick to the same number

always.Some plank or mat or some cushion shuld be put for sitting and shuld not be recited by sitting on the floor as the same has magnetic effect which will be seen only after a certain period.Added to that the Japa once started shuld not be stopped after doing for some months till the required number is completed.It may take months or years but the same shuld be followed.Of course in case of inconvenience say while during travel etc the same may be said for 12 times and subsequently the number may be made be made up when one gets time.If all these norms are scruplously followed then the Devata will be pleased with the devotee provided all depends on faith,sincerity and devotion and may show the form in which the Devata is worshipped or come in dreams or give directons thru some means and the resultant effect the sadhaka can see.Otherwise it is only waste of time in including Bija akshara to the mantra.I hv already written abt this aspects previously many times and hence no

need to repeat the same.I think our friend SUBBU can explain in more better way as he is a learned upasaka of some devatas.Will he see this and give his opinion,what SUBBU as you hv done purascharanas of yr devatas and wish to move further in learning Sri Vidya.You can narrate the methods you hv adopted in this matter.

Hare Krishna

agraman

Check out India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more. http://in.promos./rakhi/index.html

It is better always like you learned people provide guidence.

But, in fact, I was trying to give the correct version of Bija only. Really I did not think that I was wasting time of others. If it is so, kindly forgive me.

Thanks

Suresh

Hare Krishna

agraman

Dear Sri Sivan / Sri Ganapathy Raman

First of all, I am a humble student and I've miles to go before I can have a set of views that I can prescribe for others. We are all in the process of learning and "trial and error" are part of life. However, we can rely on the advise and experience of elders and practitioners. I would particularly like to commend the humility of Sri. Sivan and assure that you are not wasting anybody's time nor any grave mistake has been committed by you. As long as you realize the merit in what Shri. Ganapathy Raman is saying - Bija Mantras are like highly charged particles and potentially high volatile substances. For example - Uranium when processed releases nuclear energy that is potentially higher in octane than the fission of other substances. Yet one needs to be extremely cautious about their radiation and other effects. So also, in order to practice mantras that have high energy potential, one must exercise discipline. If you do not create the right ambience for

the mantra devata (the energy source) to reside in you, it will cause you discomfort not because God does not like you. It is because you have invited an energy source to reside in conditions that are not suitable for its presence. You will also benefit by some recent postings of Sunita Ramanathan who has elucidiated on the Power and Practice of Mantras. From my experience and also advise received from elders and my Guru, ony after having fortified the mortal body with the power of the Gayatri Mantra, one is allowed to practice other Bija Mantras. In doing so, the other Bijas grow conducively and increase the positive energy / power of the practitioner. For example, it is necessary to have the right asana (in this case wooden material to neutalze the dissipation of energy generated and potentially released through the muladhara) even as you meditate.Which is why you have to be in a sitting position and should not

walk about when reciting a bijakshara mantra. In physics we have learnt how energy is created with the help of bringing together atoms that are conducive for fission, generating energy. So also are bija mantras that enable one to store, channel and create high octane energy through fission (quantum physics dictates a certain mass of atom for the optimum fission) and therefore the number of chants required to fulfill the purascharana including the marjana, tarpana and dana. Again as we learn from physical sceinces, these highly heat generating activity have to be cooled down and neutralized for positive storage that explains the follow-up activities.

I'm sorry that I've gone on rambling am trying to simplify it as much as possible. But there is no escaping the fact that this is a complicted subject and definitely meant for coffee table discussion or even an intellectual debate.

Bhakti and Namasankeertanam are enough to win the grace of the almighty as these will enable you to lead a clean and honest life and therefore an automatic protection from evil and vice is ensured. However, each one of us is born with a purpose. In order to fulfill the higher purpose, we need energy of a certain kind. Mantra Japas are one such way of attaining the energies to fulfill the higher purpose. The story of Sage Vishwamitra is very relevant here. He was awarded the status of Brahmarishi by none less than Sage Vasishta only when he could put his Mantra Siddhi to the highest use of the universe; not when he dissipated it by creating another heaven (Trishanku Swargam). I would also like to add that such practice of austerities without Bhakti is also useless tinsel as pointed out by Adi Shankaracharya in Bhaja Govindam. It is enough to understand that some lead a peaceful and happy life and

attain salvation even if they have not acieved a PHd. There are others who have achieved a Phd and made startling discoveries and benefited others but yet have not attained nirvana. It is all a question of how holistic ones approach is to the concept of Divinity and Life. The merit is not in dvorcing one from the other. Which is why Sanatana Dharma is all about mutual inclusivity and not mutual exclusivity as almost all other religions preach and practice.

Om Namo Narayanaya suresh sivan <sureshshiv1960 wrote:

In fact, I was trying to give the correct version of Bija mantra only. Really I did not think that I was wasting time of others. If it is so I appologize.

Also I have joined this group lately, so I could not know that you had already posted about Bija akshara etc.

Of course I am not a Siddha, but I believe, if we call our beloved LORD even if it is not in the way of mantra, but in a simple name by surrendering to HIM sure he will here. This is what I believe because after all we (including myself) are only dancing according to HIS music.

Kindly do not misinterpret, I am not trying to land up in a contraversy, but it is so paining me that I wasted the time of others!

Thanks

Suresh

Hare Krishna

agraman

Check out India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more. http://in.promos./rakhi/index.html Best regards,Subbu Iyer

Start your day with - make it your home page

Dear Suresh,

There is nothing for yrself getting agitated abt my reply.I only focussed that the mantras which is said with Bijakshara requires certain formalities and can't be recited just like other namas like Krishna,Rama etc.The difference is whereas the nama japa can be done at any time as you are thinking abt God but in the case when the Bija is added it takes the shape of powerful mantra effect inviting the Deity of the mantra and hence the same shuld be recited with all the discipline the mantra recital requires.I was under the impression you wanted to add Bija also to the namas and hence the little confusion.

..Anyway hope you will now know the difference between nama japa and mantra recital.It is always good to hv some opinions on a subject of which we are not well versed and so I too asked SUBBU to clarify whether I am correct.So there is nothig for you to lose heart becoz of my reply.I hv touched only the general aspects of the Mantra Yoga and not Nama Japa as both come under different category.Hope this will satisfy you.By wasting time I meant that for aspirants who wanted to do mantra yoga by using Bijaaksharas

there are guidelines and not following them will not yield any result and hence waste of time to do japa with Bija.Hope you are clear now in the matter.God Bless.

agramansuresh sivan <sureshshiv1960 wrote:

It better always like you learned people provide guidence.

But, in fact, I was trying to give the correct version of Bija only. Really I did not think that I was wasting time of others. It it is kindly forgive me.

Thanks

Suresh

Hare Krishna

agraman

Dear Suresh,

I hv already replied to you in this matter.I think you hv not gone thru the entire matter covered in my first reply and I hv never said you are wasting the time of others.Either you hv not read or understand the reply or carried away by the one sentence of wasting time.First go thru the reply in detail,I mean the first one and that itself must hv given you the idea.So your intrepretation that I hv written that you hv wasted the time of others has no sanctity as you hv not read the whole subject I hv covered in my first mail.The mail I hv replied to you secondly has not come in inbox.If you go thru that also you will realise that no such comment has been made by me.Again to satisfy you I wish to stress that Bija mantra japa is subject to certain regulations unlike Nama Japa and if the same is not followed Bija mantra won't give any effect and reciting the same is only a waste of time.That does not mean I hv attacked you of wasting time of others which I hv never mentioned.I

wonder what makes you to get so upset over a matter in which I hv not dragged yr version?It seems you are simply carried away by the words'wasting of time' which has no relevance to you and I feel really pity that you don't hv the patience to go thru the entire mail.Since I hv not written anything against you there is no need for you to apologise also to the members.As my mails are always long people like you take one or two sentences here and there and try to imagine that the same is an attack on their versions.

When you hv not been offended in anyway by me where is the question of controversy which has stemmed from yr mind only.I also know you are not a Siddha as none of us and we are actually instruments of God.There is no doubt abt that.The point you hv made that by calling Him thru NAMA JAPA HE will be there is also not disputed.A person becomes a Siddha only by reciting Mantra Yoga and following various austerities which we don't observe and so we are not Siddhas.Hence I don't consider you as a Siddha as I am also not a Siddha.I still don't understand why shuld you get pained by my first reply in which I hv never made any comments abt you of hurting or wasting the time of others.It is really strange.I hv only stressed that unlike Nama Japa,mantra yoga using the Bijakshara requires certain conditions to be fulfilled and without that saying the nama of Deity with Bija will hv no effect and will be only a waste of time.Perhaps you are not able to understand what points I hv

covered.I hv given my opinion only on the use of Mantra Yoga not based on yr versions but in generic terms.So only you alone know the answer for yr subsequent replies expressing apologies this and that and on a perusal of those things I am none the wiser.I hope you will understand now what I meant by ' wasting time'.If still not I can't help.As you hv said you hv joined the Group only recently it is not my intention to denigrate anybody and I hv not done the same.If you hv taken my first reply as an insult which gives you pain (which is not the fact) then I don't know how to help you.

agraman

suresh sivan <sureshshiv1960 wrote:

Thanks

Suresh

Hare Krishna

agraman

Dear Sri.Ganapathy Raman,

Thanks lot. I feel everyone has to take the things in good spirit only. I posted my feelings and you & Sibbu corrected me, I would welcome that! But I do not know why somebody is terming this as fight. Dear Sri.Ganapathy raman you are most welcome to write back to me about such topic directly to me because I like and I could attain new knowledge in this area. I hope you will write to me personally and we can share the knowledge.

Thanks once again!

SureshGANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

Probably Sunita has not followed what Subbu has said in his posting.Here no question of surrender to the Lord arises..The qn is one of difference between Nama smarana and Mantra recital.In both cases surrender to the Ishta Devata is necessary.It won'tcome out of the air but thru practice.As I feel Sunita has not covered that point which Subbu has covered nicely.For using Bija akshara certain mental and physical discipline are a must and the way one harps on Mantra Japa is different from the way one do Nama Japa which requires no such discipline and can be recited any time even during sleep.Mantra Japa is specific only for those aspirants who wanted to bring the Cosmic Power in the form of a Deity of one's choice and there are lot of methods to be followed and simply surrendering to God won't make one Mantra Siddha as the same is directed to a particular deity and to get the darsan or blessings of that particular Deity which the Upasaka prefers.The Upasaka actully surrenders to

the particular Deity he or she is interested and don't bother abt other deities.This does not mean he/she demeans other deities but for him/her Ishta devata is the deity and he sees in all forms.As rightly pointed out by Subbu this is not a topic to be discussed in coffee shop or for intellectual debate.

As this is a topic which can create controversies let us not dive deep as different versions are coming.So let any one follow his/her choice without disturbances and further arguments will only lead to confusion as we hv not developed to such a stage.So it is better to wind up this subject.Anyway thanks to Suresh for making this topic alive though he has no idea that this will create such arguments.Hence Suresh, you can follow yr own line but if all these postings can help you to a cerain extent I will definitely be happy as always one can develop one's knowledge thru such discussions though some may hv some reservations that the same amounts to some fighting.As this is the only course to discuss such topics for spiritual evolution the same shuld be welcomed.Even during the time of Adi Sankara such debates were there and after discussions they came to some conclusions and though we are not upto their standards a healthy debate shuld always be welcomed.Some people think this

is a fight to ascertain the ego complex of persons but on the other hand it is only to improve the knowledge one has got for spiritual purposes and not for Money purposes.If the particular person understands this well and good.

Hare Krishna.