IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Question regarding slokam/prayers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Narasimhan Om Namo Bagavathe Vasudevaya, as far the hindu dharma is concerned the daily chanting of prayers forms a part of nithya karma for which there is no specific rules or any guidelines. The family rituals are the guides, so kindly check out with your elderly family members for the same. However there is a practice of 10 to 13 day mourning in general followed mostly in all hindu families. After that based on the proximity of relation ie maternal/paternal the duration may extend up to one year period. During this one year nithya karmas like sandyavandhanam, gayathri jabam, and other manthra uchhadanam shall go on as normal daily routine, only going to temples and celebrating festivals are restricted. This what I know as ritual, if there is any mistake apologise me and correct me (any elderly person). Om Namoh Narayanaya Krishna Krishna

Krishna Thanks & Rgds R. KrishnakumarNarasimhan <athenawala wrote: My dear friends and family:I have a minor question to ask you regarding the duration of mourning following a death in the family. The year started on a solemn note with the death of a close family member in my household. I have not chanted the sahasranamam/narayaneeyam/gayathri in the past 10 days since the loss. Could someone tell me when can I resume the chanting? Is 13 days following the event sufficient? Also is there is procedure or mantras that one should use to invoke the divine before resuming these activities following a brief period of absence. Thanks,Narasimhan

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.