I thought the Universe the Lord has created with the help of Maya is too

big for me; now that we have unexpectedly met in the Guruvayoor group

makes me think that the world is becoming smaller. Yes, I remember

your having purchasrd two sets of the Narayaneeyam book and I am happy

you have liked them and are enjoying readingthe books. As you know, my

only mission in life now is to spread the Bhakti cult which Bhattatiri

has propounded, and has come to me as a divine legacy from my father in

the form of the Malayalam commentary, which we four friends were

fortunate to think of making the English version.

It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His

grace. And you have that in abundance. I hope you can promote the

sale of the books by telling your friends about it, now that only a few

copies are left behind and we are thinking of going for a second

edition. But invariably it will have to be handed over to a

professional publishing firm which will charge double the price. It

was on this account, that I requested those who are really interested,

buy it quickly to avoid disappointment.

Let us spread the devotion born out of pure love, to others also.

Radhe Krishna

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv

rsunitaa wrote:

>

> Dear Sir,

> We, the members of the group are very fortunate to have you as

> a member of this

> group. Very recently, I came across your website, narayaneeyam.com. I

> very much liked

> the english commentary of Narayaneeyam and purchased two sets of the

> book, one for us

> and another as a gift. I have also posted link to the website to this

> group, so that members

> of this group can benefit from the same.

> We do look forward for some interesting articles posted by you

> in the future.

> Regards

> Sunita

>

>

> guruvayur , " K.V Gopalakrishna "

> <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

> >

> > Dear Moderator,

> > Radhe Krishna!

> >

> >

> > Thank you so much for admitting me as a member.

> >

> > I would like to give my introduction to the group, as I am a new member.

> >

> > Born in Kerala (the erstwhile Travancore State) as the only son of a

> > Sanskrit scholar by name Mahopaddhyaya K.G. Vancheswara Sastry, I

> had my

> > formal education at Mavelikara and Trivandrum. My career was

> made

> > in Bombay when I joined the Esso Refinery (Stanvac at that time),

> had

> > 15 years of service in the operations and left to take up a more

> > senior job in Madras Refineries, Madras. Here also, I was in

> > Refinery operations, and retired as a Senior Manager in 1989.

> >

> > My father had co-authored a Malayalam commentary on Narayaneeyam, which

> > was published in the 1930s, and was very well-received at that time,

> and

> > had won appreciation of all intellectual giants of that era. It was

> > named " Bhaktaranjini commentary " and was an exhaustive commentary, the

> > like of which had not been attempted by anyone else in the past.

> > As the readership of this scholarly commentary was limited to the

> > Malayalam reading devotees, a few like-minded friends including me,

> > thought of creating an English version of the same and present it to

> > posterity. . Shri. S.N. Sastri, who had himself written a book on

> > Narayaneeyam in 1988 and published thru the Chinmaya Mission agreed to

> > edit the Vedanta aspects of this book also. After 6 years of toil on

> > our home pcs, we published the book in July, 2005. Swami Dayananda

> > Saraswati of the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, who was deeply impressed by the

> > book, wrote the Foreword, and His Holiness Himself released the book in

> > Bangalore in July 2005. The book is a no-profit venture and aims only

> > at philanthropy if any profit accrues by chance.

> >

> > The literary review on the book in three volumes, running over 1500

> > pages, appeared in the Hindu of the issue of 14th June 2005. The

> book

> > is moderately priced at Rs. 800/- for a set of three volumes. There

> > have been many buyers from India, United states and other countries,

> and

> > they all have appreciated the book.

> >

> > If anybody would like to see the commentary, he can access the web-site

> > www.narayaneeyam.com which gives all details of the book, and four

> > chapters of the commentary, dasakams 1, 34, 35 and 100, as specimens.

> >

> > I have settled at Bangalore. I actively participate in Bhagavatam,

> > .Narayaneeyam, Bhagavadgita, Vishnu Sahasranamam, etc., which is my

> only

> > preoccupation in life. Spreading the importance of Bhakti-yoga is my

> > ambition in life.

> >

> > Radhe Krishna!

> > Regards

> > K.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv

> >

>

>

Om Namo Narayanaya:

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Dear Shri Gopalakrishna Ji, The following sentence from your mail attracted me very much ... "It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace." As you mentioned, we all have that in abundance... being part of this group... Radhe Shyam !... Arun"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear Sunita,Radhe Krishna!I thought the Universe the Lord has created with the help of Maya is too big for me; now that we have unexpectedly met in the Guruvayoor group makes me think that the world is becoming smaller. Yes, I remember your having purchasrd two sets of the Narayaneeyam book and I am happy you have liked them and are enjoying readingthe books. As you know, my only mission in life now is to spread the Bhakti cult which Bhattatiri has propounded, and has come to me as a divine legacy from my father in the form of the Malayalam commentary, which we four friends were fortunate to think of making the English

version. It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace. And you have that in abundance. I hope you can promote the sale of the books by telling your friends about it, now that only a few copies are left behind and we are thinking of going for a second edition. But invariably it will have to be handed over to a professional publishing firm which will charge double the price. It was on this account, that I requested those who are really interested, buy it quickly to avoid disappointment.Let us spread the devotion born out of pure love, to others also.Radhe KrishnaRegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

The words of K.V.Gopalakrishna are entirely true. The upanishad says, Yamevaisha vrunuthe thena labhyathe.The lord is attained only by those whom He chooses.So as you heve said we are all fortunate in that respect.I give below a short poem composed by me when I thought about the immense kasruna of the Lord in making me His devotee.Count your blessings I do not wish to conquer the

earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the pathto happiness doing Thy work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou showeron my worthless self. I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my lives. Saint Thyagaraja said

all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamutheerppa naa vasamaa' This I say to the Lord every day.I am 69 years of age and I did my Ph.D after retirement from teaching. I got the computor only last July and if I had been able to put in so much materialon the web and blogs, groups etc. It is only His doing because I never even dreamed that I will have such

response to my postings. I do it as a bhagavat kainkarya and I have completely surrendered to Him, according to vaishnava siddhanta. And so He does everything andI am only an instrument in His hands as Krishna said,'nmitthamaathram bhava savyasaachin.'It is by chance I came across this group and it is also His leela. Saroja Ramanujam Count your blessingsI do not wish to conquer the earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the

pathto happiness doing Thy work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou showeron my worthless self.I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this

birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my lives.Saint Thyagaraja said all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamu theerppa naa vasamaa' Arun P Pillai <arunppillay wrote: OM NAMO

NARAYANAYA Dear Shri Gopalakrishna Ji, The following sentence from your mail attracted me very much ... "It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace." As you mentioned, we all have that in abundance... being part of this group... Radhe Shyam !... Arun"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear Sunita,Radhe Krishna!I thought the Universe the Lord has created with the help of Maya is too big for me; now that we have unexpectedly met in the Guruvayoor group makes me think that the world is becoming smaller. Yes, I remember your having purchasrd two sets of the Narayaneeyam book and I am happy you have liked them and are enjoying readingthe books. As you know, my only mission in life now is to spread the Bhakti cult which Bhattatiri has propounded, and has come to me as a divine legacy from my father in the form of the Malayalam commentary, which we four friends were fortunate to think of making the English version. It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace.

And you have that in abundance. I hope you can promote the sale of the books by telling your friends about it, now that only a few copies are left behind and we are thinking of going for a second edition. But invariably it will have to be handed over to a professional publishing firm which will charge double the price. It was on this account, that I requested those who are really interested, buy it quickly to avoid disappointment.Let us spread the devotion born out of pure love, to others also.Radhe KrishnaRegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv Blab-away for as little as 1?/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Respected Mother,Hare KrishnaYour below lines immediately reminded me of a verse from the Mukunda MAla. Though I am full of all undesirable qualities, let me put it in here for my own purification and to seek your kind blessings. >I do not wish to conquer the earth,>Nor do I want to fathom the sea,>I never aspire to possess the sky,>I only wish to be shown the path>to happiness doing Thy work;>Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. na-hamì vande tava caran.òayor dvandvam advandva - heto: kumbhi-pa-kaìm gurum api hare na-rakamì na-panetum ramya- ra-ma- mròdu tanu lata- nandane na-pi rantumì bha-ve bha-ve hròdaya - bhavane bha-vayeyamì bhavantam O Lord Hari, it is not to be saved from the dualities of material existence or the grim tribulations of the Kumbhi-pa-ka hell that I pray to Your lotus feet. Nor is my purpose to enjoy the soft-skinned

beautiful women who reside in the gardens of heaven. I pray to Your lotus feet only so that I may remember You alone in the core of my heart, birth after birth. humble servant AbhilashSaroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote: The words of K.V.Gopalakrishna are entirely true. The upanishad says, Yamevaisha vrunuthe thena labhyathe.The lord is attained only by those whom He chooses.So as you heve said we are all fortunate in that respect.I give below a short poem composed by me when I thought about the immense kasruna of the Lord in making me His devotee.Count your

blessings I do not wish to conquer the earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the

pathto happiness doing Thy work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou showeron my worthless self. I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my lives. Saint Thyagaraja said all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamutheerppa naa vasamaa' This I say to the Lord every day.I am 69 years of age and I did my Ph.D after retirement from teaching. I got the computor only last July

and if I had been able to put in so much materialon the web and blogs, groups etc. It is only His doing because I never even dreamed that I will have such response to my postings. I do it as a bhagavat kainkarya and I have completely surrendered to Him, according to vaishnava siddhanta. And so He does everything andI am only an instrument in His hands as Krishna said,'nmitthamaathram bhava savyasaachin.'It is by chance I came across this group and it is also His leela. Saroja Ramanujam Count your blessingsI do not wish to conquer the earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the pathto happiness doing Thy work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou showeron my worthless self.I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my lives.Saint Thyagaraja said all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamu theerppa naa vasamaa' Arun P Pillai <arunppillay wrote: OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Dear Shri Gopalakrishna Ji, The following sentence from your mail attracted me very much ... "It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His

grace." As you mentioned, we all have that in abundance... being part of this group... Radhe Shyam !... Arun"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear Sunita,Radhe Krishna!I thought the Universe the Lord has created with the help of Maya is too big for me; now that we have unexpectedly met in the Guruvayoor group makes me think that the world is becoming smaller. Yes, I remember your having purchasrd two sets of the

Narayaneeyam book and I am happy you have liked them and are enjoying readingthe books. As you know, my only mission in life now is to spread the Bhakti cult which Bhattatiri has propounded, and has come to me as a divine legacy from my father in the form of the Malayalam commentary, which we four friends were fortunate to think of making the English version. It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace. And you have that in abundance. I hope you can promote the sale of the books by telling your friends about it, now that only a few copies are left behind and we are thinking of going for a second edition. But invariably it will have to be handed over to a professional publishing firm which will charge double the price. It was on this account, that I requested those who are really interested, buy it quickly to avoid disappointment.Let us spread the devotion born out of pure

love, to others also.Radhe KrishnaRegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv Blab-away for as little as 1?/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Thank you for your response.There is another sloka from Haricharanaashtakam by Sankara. Nopaasithaa madham apaasya mayaa mahaanthah theertthaani cha aasthikadhiyaa na hi sevithaani devaarchanam chavidivat na krthamkadhaapithasmaath thvaveva saranam mama shankhapaane I have not rsorted to mahatmas without pride. Neither did I go to the holy places and holy rivers with religious mind.Ihave not done the worship of God according to the rules. Therefore I take refuge in you O carrier of shanka. Abhilash Nair <abhilash_ramachandran wrote: Respected Mother,Hare KrishnaYour below lines immediately reminded me of a verse from the Mukunda MAla. Though I am full of all undesirable qualities, let me put it in here for my own purification and to seek your kind blessings. >I do not wish to conquer the earth,>Nor do I want to fathom the sea,>I never aspire to possess the sky,>I only wish to be shown the path>to happiness doing Thy work;>Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. na-hamì vande tava caran.òayor dvandvam advandva - heto: kumbhi-pa-kaìm gurum api hare na-rakamì na-panetum ramya- ra-ma- mròdu tanu lata- nandane na-pi rantumì bha-ve bha-ve hròdaya - bhavane bha-vayeyamì bhavantam O Lord Hari, it is not to be saved from the dualities of material existence or the grim tribulations of the Kumbhi-pa-ka hell that I pray to Your lotus feet. Nor is my purpose to enjoy the soft-skinned beautiful women who reside in the gardens of heaven. I pray to Your lotus feet only so that I may remember You alone in the core of my

heart, birth after birth. humble servant AbhilashSaroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote: The words of K.V.Gopalakrishna are entirely true. The upanishad says, Yamevaisha vrunuthe thena labhyathe.The lord is attained only by those whom He chooses.So as you heve said we are all fortunate in that respect.I give below a short poem composed by me when I thought about the immense kasruna of the Lord in making me His devotee.Count your blessings I do not wish to conquer the earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the pathto happiness doing Thy

work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou

showeron my worthless self. I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my

lives. Saint Thyagaraja said all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamutheerppa naa vasamaa' This I say to the Lord every day.I am 69 years of age and I did my Ph.D after retirement from teaching. I got the computor only last July and if I had been able to put in so much materialon the web and blogs, groups etc. It is only His doing because I never even dreamed that I will have such response to my postings. I do it as a bhagavat kainkarya and I have completely surrendered to Him, according to vaishnava siddhanta. And so He does everything andI am only an instrument in His hands as Krishna said,'nmitthamaathram bhava savyasaachin.'It is by chance I came across this group and it is also His leela.

Saroja Ramanujam Count your blessingsI do not wish to conquer the

earth,Nor do I want to fathom the sea,I never aspire to possess the sky,I only wish to be shown the pathto happiness doing Thy work;Oh Lord lead me by Thy hand. What have I done to deserve Thee,who has entered my heart!How could I make myself worthyof Thy grace which Thou showeron

my worthless self.I could never repay the debt I oweto Thee for your kindness shown to mein this birth or the next, Oh Lord!So make me Thy servant in all my lives.Saint Thyagaraja said all this in one line:'Dhaasarathee nee rnamu theerppa naa vasamaa' Arun P Pillai <arunppillay wrote: OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Dear Shri Gopalakrishna Ji, The following sentence from your mail attracted me very much ... "It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace." As you

mentioned, we all have that in abundance... being part of this group... Radhe Shyam !... Arun"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear Sunita,Radhe Krishna!I thought the Universe the Lord has created with the help of Maya is too big for me; now that we have unexpectedly met in the Guruvayoor group makes me think that the world is becoming smaller. Yes, I remember your having purchasrd two sets of the Narayaneeyam book and I am happy you have liked them and are enjoying readingthe books. As you know, my only mission in life now is to spread the

Bhakti cult which Bhattatiri has propounded, and has come to me as a divine legacy from my father in the form of the Malayalam commentary, which we four friends were fortunate to think of making the English version. It is said that even to think of Lord Guruvayoorappan, one must have His grace. And you have that in abundance. I hope you can promote the sale of the books by telling your friends about it, now that only a few copies are left behind and we are thinking of going for a second edition. But invariably it will have to be handed over to a professional publishing firm which will charge double the price. It was on this account, that I requested those who are really interested, buy it quickly to avoid disappointment.Let us spread the devotion born out of pure love, to others also.Radhe KrishnaRegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna gopalakrishna.kv Blab-away for as little as 1?/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make

PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.