IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] GOD'S WILL IS LOVE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.This is a nice article. Thanks for sharing. To love all as one would want oneself to be loved and to sacrifice the ego at the altar of love. This is the essence of all spiritual messages given by every sage and prophet whether Buddha or Christ or Krishna; but so often we are trapped in our own egos; how many people besides our parents and/or our siblings can we love selflessly? Ramakrishna Paramhamsa talks of maya and daya; apart from the very common meaning of maya as the illusory world one can also think of maya as being engrossed and therefore trapped in the relationships with our near and dear ones. I want something good for my dear one; I also think I know what is good for my son or daughter or parent. And then if things don't work out the way I wish, then follows all the hurt and pain; this is maya. Daya is the compassion I should feel for all creatures irrespective of who or what they are and what they mean to me or how much they matter

to me; and such all pervading compassion can only come from this feeling of love for all creatures. And where love exists, there is no place or there should be no place for ego. rsunitaa <rsunitaa wrote: Here is another interesting article from Times of India. Hope you all like it. Many people are highly suspicious of doing God's Will. For one, it sounds very hokey and simple-minded. But even more important, we may think that doing God's Will is contrary to our individual will. We

might think He wants us to do something that we don't really want to do or wouldn't like doing. Maybe He wills us to change everything in our life as we know it and become selfless like Mother Teresa. Or even worse, we could be afraid of God's Will. The most important thing to remember is that God is love and only love. He does not have an ego. God is only good and therefore He wants only good for you. He wills your happiness. And why does he will your happiness? Because your happiness is the one thing that makes you want to stay alive. When you ask to know God's Will, you are really asking to become aware of what makes you happy. As you repeatedly ask God for His Will over and over, you come to realise that He will lead you to happiness by always reminding you to extend your love. Being love is happiness now. It's a big leap in

awareness to understand that being love is more useful and satisfying than getting a result or achieving a goal at some unknown future time. This is because form, no matter how pleasing or desirable, is a substitute for love, and will therefore not result in happiness. Things may pacify and distract you for a while, but they will not fill the empty hole in your heart. There is a mistaken and deep-rooted belief that the will of the individual and the Will of God can be separate, but this is not possible. You want to be happy, and God wills you to be happy. So you see, the goal of happiness is the same. Your will to be happy cannot be separate from His. So if your will and God's Will are the same, why bother to ask? This is a very appropriate question. When you make decisions independently, without knowing God's Will, you are making a

decision with your ego mind. As you already know, the ego is not your friend, and it will not advise you to think, talk, or act in ways that are always harmless. The reason for taking the time to ask God's Will is to disengage and filter out the ego. Then you can know, without any doubt, which decisions will make you happy. Many of us do not know how to make ourselves happy. Some of us think that our happiness is expendable or unimportant, so we willingly sacrifice it. However, the sacrifice of happiness does not lead to happiness. We all joyfully buy into the idea that a special relationship will make us happy and that getting and keeping a special relationship is the most important thing in our lives. This idea is based on the concept that we are incomplete and can be made complete by

someone else. We think someone else can make us better than we are. Or that someone else can make us happy. Someone else wants you, so therefore you must be valuable, worthy, and lovable. This distracts you from doing the work of learning how to love yourself. Real expression of self is often suppressed in the name of maintaining a special relationship. You don't say what you really think, because your partner, children, relatives, or friends won't like it or might get mad at you. When you're authentic, you sometimes risk losing a relationship, experiencing anger from another or being shunned. God wills us to make decisions that are loving to self as well as to others. By asking God's Will, we can always be sure that we are doing the right thing and that we're not forgetting our own happiness in the process. Asking first prevents

mistakes, saves time, and fills our acts with boldness and confidence. When we're not timid, our acts become big and magnificent, because we are not withholding anything. A decision that is reached with the help of God becomes a full expression of being.In our fast-paced world, it's easy to forget to consider God's Will in every decision, but there is a way to remember. The reminder is your own misery! If you're miserable, it means you have made an ego-based decision. Look for such clues in your life. Then ask to know God's Will in every situation, so that you can lift yourself up out of the muck and move yourself in a positive direction.

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail Beta.