IndiaDivine.org

Poetry: Krishna, if not for you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

O Lord Hari! Alas! My own misdeeds have made me an unfortunate wretch. The intense pain of having wasted my life by not developing love for You, is scorching my heart. My sacrifice, charity, bathing at holy places, pious activities, chanting mantras and meditation are all useless illusion These are like jokes, useless ornaments on a naked body. Even after hearing nectarean topics of Krishna my mind remains impure, bcos of the my innumerable offences Associating always with non-devotees, I have broken all moral principles What will I do when death comes for me? Though the srutis and smritis declared over and over again that we should take shelter of the Lotus feet of Hari, which gives fearlessness I never chanted his holy names or

meditated on his exquisite form Now, I will fix my mind and body at the Lotus feet of Radha & Krishna and my material desires will be vanquished. Narottama dasa says, Since I have now surrendered unto You, my Lord, I no longer have any fears. ~Translation of a Bengali peotry by Sri Narottama Dasa Thakur (born in 1531AD) Narottama Dasa was one of the most prominent 2nd generation followers of Sri Caitanya Mahaorabhu. This is picked off the book, Prarthana.

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.