IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] A devotee's Experiences In Guruvayur

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Krishnadaya, A great experience.Here too the material aspect has played to a great extent in your offerings.Am I rt?Here too the vazhipadus hv their own charts of benefits. Anyway I am not for any controversy as I hv nothing against you and you are my friend.I wish you Good Luck.Others in the Group may hv the notion that there is some fight between us.It is only a friendly exchange which I shuld hv sent to you personally but to make my point clear I hv brought to the Group.That is all. Hare Krishna.krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote: Sri Guruvayoorappan Saranam, Please find below, narration of a devotee's experiences in Guruvayur.-------------Hare Krishna,(Background : Last year a chain of legal complications on my properties virtually went out of control towards bankruptcy . I could only take refuge at the lotus feet of the Lord of Guruvayoor ( Sri Krishna). The merciful Bhagavan innovatively brought those issues to a successful conclusion . As a humble thanksgiving , I booked a Krishnanattam ( * See the details given below) . My pilgrimage to Guruvayoor was to offer this Krishnanattam ( story : Banayudh) on it's specified day . )* KRISHNANATTAM - Krishnanattam is presented as a routine offering to the Lord. Devotees offer this and it

is staged inside the temple between 10.00 pm and 3.00 am. ( Saint Vilwamangalam could have visions of the Lord, independent of the Deity . Once in Guruvayoor he failed to have the Lord's vision in the central shrine. It was night time and the Krishnanattam was being staged in the courtyard. The Saint ultimately found Bhagavan on the stage . Since then, Krishnanattam came to be staged in the northern bahyankana (outer courtyard) instead of the eastern bahyankana. And it begins only when the central shrine is closed after the last puja at night. This is because Bhagavan Krishna will be on the stage when Krishnanattam is performed ).The various benefits of Krishnanattam as an offering are listed here. Avatharam - for a birth of a childKaliyamardhanam - to remove the effect of poisonRasakreeda - well being of unmarried girls, to end disputes between couplesKamsavaddham - to remove enemiesSwayamvaram -

for a happy matrimonyBana yuddham - to remove impoverishment, for good farm productionVividha vadham - to eliminate poverty and increase yield from farmsSwargarohanam - for peace of a departed soulMy PilgrimageI was reading Narayaneeyam during part of the journey . Also, I chanted Hare Krishna mantra as much as possible . Reaching Guruvayooor at 5 PM, I boarded a hotel near the temple and fter a bath , proceeded to the temple . The Devaswam authorities confirmed my booking and said that Krishnanattam will be performed from 10 PM .Then I joined the long queue for darshan . I was chanting Hare Krishna mantra all the while knowing that the entire temple premises is the physical body of Bhagavan Krishna and He is not constrained to the Sanctum sanctorium only . Suddenly I could see , a group of Vaishnavas , chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra beautifully and dancing to it . I joined them to enjoy

the nectar of Hari-namasankirtana . Ecstatic tears were running down my cheeks .Because of the large number of devotees around, I was allowed only a very short darshan . I couldn't even see Bhagavan properly . It was not a disappointment because my past experiences have taught that one has to pass Bhagavan's test prior to having His darshan . After leaving the temple , I had a quick dinner and bath in my hotel ; and thereafter entered the temple for Krishnanattam . At 10 PM Krishnanattam started . The story (Banayudh) included the following : · Bhagavan Krishna, wife Satyabhama and Garuda enters the stage and blesses the audience .· They get ready for the fight with Narakasura and his army.· Garuda fights with Narakasura's minister but couldn't kill him.· Krishna fights with the Asura-minister and kills him using Sudarsana charka.· Being furious at the slaying of his minister, the

dreadful Narakasura enters the scene making frightening gestures. · Narakasura fights with Krishna . Bhagavan pretends to be fainted by the Asura's arrows . Narakarura rejoices at his `Great Victory' .· Garuda fights with Narakasura but could not beat him .· Satyabhama tried to wake up her husband , but failed to do so . Then the valiant Queen prepares herself for the fight . She takes up her husband's bow and arrows; and begins to fight with Narakasura.· Krishna stops His "acting" and pretends to wake up. A visibly pleased Bhagavan congratulates first Garuda by patting on his back and then Satyabhama by embracing her lovingly .· Krishna takes up His mighty bow and arrows , fights with Narakasura and after defeating totally kills him using sudarsana charka .· Krishna hears from Narada Muni that his grandson Aniruddha is captured by king Banasura . Bhagavan prepares for a war against Banasura . To help

Banasura, Lord Siva, accompanied by Lord Kartikeya and the army of Ghosts, fight against Krishna . With His arrows Krishna faints Lord Siva ; and Lord Kartikeya is beaten by Pradyumna . Banasura attacks Krishna with numerous weapons in his thousand hands. But Krishna using His Sudarsana chakra cuts off all but four of the Asura's hands . Lord Siva regains consciousness and prays to Krishna to spare Banasura's life ; and Krishna agrees . Banasura offeres his obeisances to Krishna by falling on His feet . Lord Siva glorifies Bhagavan Krishna calling Him the God of Gods . Krishna also praises Lord Siva. · Two ghost-brothers named Ghantakarnas ( Devas under a curse) happen to see the meditating Krishna . They offer obeisances to Krishna in their crude manner ( taking liberties like touching His body , fondling His hair lovingly , etc). The merciful Krishna tolerates them with a smile ; and finally removes their curse ,

blesses with knowledge and grants them liberation .· Bhagavan Krishna blesses the audience by showering flowers .This Krishnanattam was one of the greatest experiences in my life . I could really feel Bhagavan Krishna's presence on the stage ; and His every move really melted my heart . The Krishnanattam finished at 2 AM . I returned to my hotel to freshen up quickly and thereafter proceeded to have a pleasant bath in the temple pond ( Rudratheertham) . Then I joined the queue of devotees seeking `nirmalya' (pre-dawn) darshan . I was continuously chanting Hare Krishna mantra.In spite of the long queue, I got the opportunity to have a long and blissful darshan at 3.15 AM . I cried with joy at the realization that Bhagavan Krishna is quenching the thirst of my heart by giving darshan to my heart's content . I returned home chanting Hari-nama and relishing Bhagavan's boundless compassion

towards His bhaktas . Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!Sri KrishnaDasa

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on India Click here

Guest guest

Dear Krishnadaya, A great experience.Here too the material aspect carried you to make the offering of Krishnattam not before the cases were decided in your favour but after that.Am I rt?Again you hv given a list of benefits that will accrue if the krishnattam vazhipadu is done so many benefits will accrue.Are you sure?Others in the Group may hv the notion that we are at loggerheads to settle some score and actually I wanted to send the mails to your personally but just to make my point clear I preferred to bring to the notice of the Group.I am sorry if you feel neglected.Not at all.You are always my friend.I wish you Good Luck. Take what I hv written sportingly. Hare Krishna.krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote: Sri Guruvayoorappan Saranam, Please find below, narration of a devotee's experiences in Guruvayur.-------------Hare Krishna,(Background : Last year a chain of legal complications on my properties virtually went out of control towards bankruptcy . I could only take refuge at the lotus feet of the Lord of Guruvayoor ( Sri Krishna). The merciful Bhagavan innovatively brought those issues to a successful conclusion . As a humble thanksgiving , I booked a Krishnanattam ( * See the details given below) . My

pilgrimage to Guruvayoor was to offer this Krishnanattam ( story : Banayudh) on it's specified day . )* KRISHNANATTAM - Krishnanattam is presented as a routine offering to the Lord. Devotees offer this and it is staged inside the temple between 10.00 pm and 3.00 am. ( Saint Vilwamangalam could have visions of the Lord, independent of the Deity . Once in Guruvayoor he failed to have the Lord's vision in the central shrine. It was night time and the Krishnanattam was being staged in the courtyard. The Saint ultimately found Bhagavan on the stage . Since then, Krishnanattam came to be staged in the northern bahyankana (outer courtyard) instead of the eastern bahyankana. And it begins only when the central shrine is closed after the last puja at night. This is because Bhagavan Krishna will be on the stage when Krishnanattam is performed ).The various benefits of Krishnanattam as an offering are listed

here. Avatharam - for a birth of a childKaliyamardhanam - to remove the effect of poisonRasakreeda - well being of unmarried girls, to end disputes between couplesKamsavaddham - to remove enemiesSwayamvaram - for a happy matrimonyBana yuddham - to remove impoverishment, for good farm productionVividha vadham - to eliminate poverty and increase yield from farmsSwargarohanam - for peace of a departed soulMy PilgrimageI was reading Narayaneeyam during part of the journey . Also, I chanted Hare Krishna mantra as much as possible . Reaching Guruvayooor at 5 PM, I boarded a hotel near the temple and fter a bath , proceeded to the temple . The Devaswam authorities confirmed my booking and said that Krishnanattam will be performed from 10 PM .Then I joined the long queue for darshan . I was chanting Hare Krishna mantra all the while knowing that the entire temple premises is the

physical body of Bhagavan Krishna and He is not constrained to the Sanctum sanctorium only . Suddenly I could see , a group of Vaishnavas , chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra beautifully and dancing to it . I joined them to enjoy the nectar of Hari-namasankirtana . Ecstatic tears were running down my cheeks .Because of the large number of devotees around, I was allowed only a very short darshan . I couldn't even see Bhagavan properly . It was not a disappointment because my past experiences have taught that one has to pass Bhagavan's test prior to having His darshan . After leaving the temple , I had a quick dinner and bath in my hotel ; and thereafter entered the temple for Krishnanattam . At 10 PM Krishnanattam started . The story (Banayudh) included the following : · Bhagavan Krishna, wife Satyabhama and Garuda enters the stage and blesses the audience .· They get ready for the fight with

Narakasura and his army.· Garuda fights with Narakasura's minister but couldn't kill him.· Krishna fights with the Asura-minister and kills him using Sudarsana charka.· Being furious at the slaying of his minister, the dreadful Narakasura enters the scene making frightening gestures. · Narakasura fights with Krishna . Bhagavan pretends to be fainted by the Asura's arrows . Narakarura rejoices at his `Great Victory' .· Garuda fights with Narakasura but could not beat him .· Satyabhama tried to wake up her husband , but failed to do so . Then the valiant Queen prepares herself for the fight . She takes up her husband's bow and arrows; and begins to fight with Narakasura.· Krishna stops His "acting" and pretends to wake up. A visibly pleased Bhagavan congratulates first Garuda by patting on his back and then Satyabhama by embracing her lovingly .· Krishna takes up His mighty bow and arrows , fights with

Narakasura and after defeating totally kills him using sudarsana charka .· Krishna hears from Narada Muni that his grandson Aniruddha is captured by king Banasura . Bhagavan prepares for a war against Banasura . To help Banasura, Lord Siva, accompanied by Lord Kartikeya and the army of Ghosts, fight against Krishna . With His arrows Krishna faints Lord Siva ; and Lord Kartikeya is beaten by Pradyumna . Banasura attacks Krishna with numerous weapons in his thousand hands. But Krishna using His Sudarsana chakra cuts off all but four of the Asura's hands . Lord Siva regains consciousness and prays to Krishna to spare Banasura's life ; and Krishna agrees . Banasura offeres his obeisances to Krishna by falling on His feet . Lord Siva glorifies Bhagavan Krishna calling Him the God of Gods . Krishna also praises Lord Siva. · Two ghost-brothers named Ghantakarnas ( Devas under a curse) happen to see the meditating

Krishna . They offer obeisances to Krishna in their crude manner ( taking liberties like touching His body , fondling His hair lovingly , etc). The merciful Krishna tolerates them with a smile ; and finally removes their curse , blesses with knowledge and grants them liberation .· Bhagavan Krishna blesses the audience by showering flowers .This Krishnanattam was one of the greatest experiences in my life . I could really feel Bhagavan Krishna's presence on the stage ; and His every move really melted my heart . The Krishnanattam finished at 2 AM . I returned to my hotel to freshen up quickly and thereafter proceeded to have a pleasant bath in the temple pond ( Rudratheertham) . Then I joined the queue of devotees seeking `nirmalya' (pre-dawn) darshan . I was continuously chanting Hare Krishna mantra.In spite of the long queue, I got the opportunity to have a long and blissful darshan at 3.15 AM . I

cried with joy at the realization that Bhagavan Krishna is quenching the thirst of my heart by giving darshan to my heart's content . I returned home chanting Hari-nama and relishing Bhagavan's boundless compassion towards His bhaktas . Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!Sri KrishnaDasa

Guest guest

Dear Sri Ganapathy Raman,

Please accept my humble pranams at your feet.

Ordinary devotees like myself are following the simple and easy path

shown by Narayaneeyam . Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri offered

Narayaneeyam ot Guruvayoorappan to get cured of his illness . A low

calss devotee like myself doesn't separate own life into spiritual

and material . I merely live a life depending on the mercy of Sri

Guruvayoorappan ; and am happy to make humble offerings to Him.

Krishna is 'alankara priya' . Bhagavan has stated in Gta that if a

devotee e offers Him a flower,fruit, leaf, or even water with

humilty and devotion , He will accept it in person.

So many unqualified devotees like myself have experienced in own

lives that, vazhipadus to Sri Krishna can bring in benefits ,

provided they are offered with humilty and devotion. Sri Krishna

Himself has told Uddhava " When a close relative dies, the man cries

which is useless . However, whatever my devotee does in his act of

devotion has a meaning " .

May Sri Guruvayoorappan bless you all !!!

Krishnadaya.

guruvayur , GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62

wrote:

>

> Dear Krishnadaya,

>

> A great experience.Here too the material aspect carried you to

make the offering

> of Krishnattam not before the cases were decided in your favour

but after that.Am I rt?Again you hv given a list of benefits that

will accrue if the krishnattam vazhipadu is done so many benefits

will accrue.Are you sure?Others in the Group may hv the notion that

we are at loggerheads to settle some

> score and actually I wanted to send the mails to your personally

but just to make my point clear I preferred to bring to the notice of

the Group.I am sorry

> if you feel neglected.Not at all.You are always my friend.I wish

you Good Luck.

> Take what I hv written sportingly.

>

> Hare Krishna.

>

> krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:

> Sri Guruvayoorappan Saranam,

>

> Please find below, narration of a devotee's experiences in

Guruvayur.

>

> -------------

> Hare Krishna,

>

> (Background : Last year a chain of legal complications on my

> properties virtually went out of control towards bankruptcy . I

> could only take refuge at the lotus feet of the Lord of Guruvayoor

(

> Sri Krishna). The merciful Bhagavan innovatively brought those

> issues to a successful conclusion . As a humble thanksgiving , I

> booked a Krishnanattam ( * See the details given below) . My

> pilgrimage to Guruvayoor was to offer this Krishnanattam ( story :

> Banayudh) on it's specified day . )

>

> * KRISHNANATTAM - Krishnanattam is presented as a routine offering

> to the Lord. Devotees offer this and it is staged inside the temple

> between 10.00 pm and 3.00 am. ( Saint Vilwamangalam could have

> visions of the Lord, independent of the Deity . Once in Guruvayoor

> he failed to have the Lord's vision in the central shrine. It was

> night time and the Krishnanattam was being staged in the courtyard.

> The Saint ultimately found Bhagavan on the stage . Since then,

> Krishnanattam came to be staged in the northern bahyankana (outer

> courtyard) instead of the eastern bahyankana. And it begins only

when

> the central shrine is closed after the last puja at night. This is

> because Bhagavan Krishna will be on the stage when Krishnanattam is

> performed ).

>

> The various benefits of Krishnanattam as an offering are listed

> here.

> Avatharam - for a birth of a child

> Kaliyamardhanam - to remove the effect of poison

> Rasakreeda - well being of unmarried girls, to

> end disputes between couples

> Kamsavaddham - to remove enemies

> Swayamvaram - for a happy matrimony

> Bana yuddham - to remove impoverishment, for good

> farm production

> Vividha vadham - to eliminate poverty and increase

> yield from farms

> Swargarohanam - for peace of a departed soul

>

> My Pilgrimage

>

> I was reading Narayaneeyam during part of the journey . Also, I

> chanted Hare Krishna mantra as much as possible . Reaching

> Guruvayooor at 5 PM, I boarded a hotel near the temple and fter a

> bath , proceeded to the temple . The Devaswam authorities confirmed

> my booking and said that Krishnanattam will be performed from 10

> PM .

>

> Then I joined the long queue for darshan . I was chanting Hare

> Krishna mantra all the while knowing that the entire temple

> premises is the physical body of Bhagavan Krishna and He is not

> constrained to the Sanctum sanctorium only . Suddenly I could see ,

> a group of Vaishnavas , chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra

beautifully

> and dancing to it . I joined them to enjoy the nectar of Hari-

> namasankirtana . Ecstatic tears were running down my cheeks .

>

> Because of the large number of devotees around, I was allowed only

> a very short darshan . I couldn't even see Bhagavan properly . It

> was not a disappointment because my past experiences have taught

> that one has to pass Bhagavan's test prior to having His darshan .

>

> After leaving the temple , I had a quick dinner and bath in my

> hotel ; and thereafter entered the temple for Krishnanattam .

>

> At 10 PM Krishnanattam started . The story (Banayudh) included the

> following :

>

> · Bhagavan Krishna, wife Satyabhama and Garuda enters the

> stage and blesses the audience .

> · They get ready for the fight with Narakasura and his army.

> · Garuda fights with Narakasura's minister but couldn't

> kill him.

> · Krishna fights with the Asura-minister and kills him

> using Sudarsana charka.

> · Being furious at the slaying of his minister, the

> dreadful Narakasura enters the scene making frightening gestures.

> · Narakasura fights with Krishna . Bhagavan pretends to be

> fainted by the Asura's arrows . Narakarura rejoices at his `Great

> Victory' .

> · Garuda fights with Narakasura but could not beat him .

> · Satyabhama tried to wake up her husband , but failed to

> do so . Then the valiant Queen prepares herself for the fight . She

> takes up her husband's bow and arrows; and begins to fight with

> Narakasura.

> · Krishna stops His " acting " and pretends to wake up. A

> visibly pleased Bhagavan congratulates first Garuda by patting on

> his back and then Satyabhama by embracing her lovingly .

> · Krishna takes up His mighty bow and arrows , fights with

> Narakasura and after defeating totally kills him using sudarsana

> charka .

> · Krishna hears from Narada Muni that his grandson

> Aniruddha is captured by king Banasura . Bhagavan prepares for a

war

> against Banasura . To help Banasura, Lord Siva, accompanied by Lord

> Kartikeya and the army of Ghosts, fight against Krishna . With His

> arrows Krishna faints Lord Siva ; and Lord Kartikeya is beaten by

> Pradyumna . Banasura attacks Krishna with numerous weapons in his

> thousand hands. But Krishna using His Sudarsana chakra cuts off

> all but four of the Asura's hands . Lord Siva regains consciousness

> and prays to Krishna to spare Banasura's life ; and Krishna

> agrees . Banasura offeres his obeisances to Krishna by falling on

> His feet . Lord Siva glorifies Bhagavan Krishna calling Him the God

> of Gods . Krishna also praises Lord Siva.

> · Two ghost-brothers named Ghantakarnas ( Devas under a

> curse) happen to see the meditating Krishna . They offer obeisances

> to Krishna in their crude manner ( taking liberties like touching

> His body , fondling His hair lovingly , etc). The merciful Krishna

> tolerates them with a smile ; and finally removes their curse ,

> blesses with knowledge and grants them liberation .

> · Bhagavan Krishna blesses the audience by showering

> flowers .

>

> This Krishnanattam was one of the greatest experiences in my life .

> I could really feel Bhagavan Krishna's presence on the stage ; and

> His every move really melted my heart .

>

> The Krishnanattam finished at 2 AM . I returned to my hotel to

> freshen up quickly and thereafter proceeded to have a pleasant bath

> in the temple pond ( Rudratheertham) . Then I joined the queue of

> devotees seeking `nirmalya' (pre-dawn) darshan . I was continuously

> chanting Hare Krishna mantra.

>

> In spite of the long queue, I got the opportunity to have a long

> and blissful darshan at 3.15 AM . I cried with joy at the

> realization that Bhagavan Krishna is quenching the thirst of my

heart

> by giving darshan to my heart's content .

>

> I returned home chanting Hari-nama and relishing Bhagavan's

> boundless compassion towards His bhaktas .

>

> Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

>

> Sri KrishnaDasa

> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

Click here

> Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on India Click here

>

Guest guest

very sweet narration. Thankyou.

Hare Krishna

Abhilash

--- krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:

> Sri Guruvayoorappan Saranam,

>

> Please find below, narration of a devotee's

> experiences in Guruvayur.

>

> -------------

> Hare Krishna,

>

> (Background : Last year a chain of legal

> complications on my

> properties virtually went out of control towards

> bankruptcy . I

> could only take refuge at the lotus feet of the Lord

> of Guruvayoor (

> Sri Krishna). The merciful Bhagavan innovatively

> brought those

> issues to a successful conclusion . As a humble

> thanksgiving , I

> booked a Krishnanattam ( * See the details given

> below) . My

> pilgrimage to Guruvayoor was to offer this

> Krishnanattam ( story :

> Banayudh) on it's specified day . )

>

> * KRISHNANATTAM - Krishnanattam is presented as a

> routine offering

> to the Lord. Devotees offer this and it is staged

> inside the temple

> between 10.00 pm and 3.00 am. ( Saint Vilwamangalam

> could have

> visions of the Lord, independent of the Deity . Once

> in Guruvayoor

> he failed to have the Lord's vision in the central

> shrine. It was

> night time and the Krishnanattam was being staged in

> the courtyard.

> The Saint ultimately found Bhagavan on the stage .

> Since then,

> Krishnanattam came to be staged in the northern

> bahyankana (outer

> courtyard) instead of the eastern bahyankana. And it

> begins only when

> the central shrine is closed after the last puja at

> night. This is

> because Bhagavan Krishna will be on the stage when

> Krishnanattam is

> performed ).

>

> The various benefits of Krishnanattam as an

> offering are listed

> here.

> Avatharam - for a birth of a child

> Kaliyamardhanam - to remove the

> effect of poison

> Rasakreeda - well being of

> unmarried girls, to

> end disputes between couples

> Kamsavaddham - to remove enemies

> Swayamvaram - for a happy matrimony

> Bana yuddham - to remove

> impoverishment, for good

> farm production

> Vividha vadham - to eliminate poverty

> and increase

> yield from farms

> Swargarohanam - for peace of a

> departed soul

>

>

> My Pilgrimage

>

> I was reading Narayaneeyam during part of the

> journey . Also, I

> chanted Hare Krishna mantra as much as possible .

> Reaching

> Guruvayooor at 5 PM, I boarded a hotel near the

> temple and fter a

> bath , proceeded to the temple . The Devaswam

> authorities confirmed

> my booking and said that Krishnanattam will be

> performed from 10

> PM .

>

> Then I joined the long queue for darshan . I was

> chanting Hare

> Krishna mantra all the while knowing that the

> entire temple

> premises is the physical body of Bhagavan Krishna

> and He is not

> constrained to the Sanctum sanctorium only .

> Suddenly I could see ,

> a group of Vaishnavas , chanting Hare Krishna

> mahamantra beautifully

> and dancing to it . I joined them to enjoy the

> nectar of Hari-

> namasankirtana . Ecstatic tears were running down my

> cheeks .

>

> Because of the large number of devotees around, I

> was allowed only

> a very short darshan . I couldn't even see Bhagavan

> properly . It

> was not a disappointment because my past

> experiences have taught

> that one has to pass Bhagavan's test prior to having

> His darshan .

>

> After leaving the temple , I had a quick dinner

> and bath in my

> hotel ; and thereafter entered the temple for

> Krishnanattam .

>

> At 10 PM Krishnanattam started . The story

> (Banayudh) included the

> following :

>

> · Bhagavan Krishna, wife Satyabhama and

> Garuda enters the

> stage and blesses the audience .

> · They get ready for the fight with

> Narakasura and his army.

> · Garuda fights with Narakasura's minister

> but couldn't

> kill him.

> · Krishna fights with the Asura-minister

> and kills him

> using Sudarsana charka.

> · Being furious at the slaying of his

> minister, the

> dreadful Narakasura enters the scene making

> frightening gestures.

> · Narakasura fights with Krishna .

> Bhagavan pretends to be

> fainted by the Asura's arrows . Narakarura rejoices

> at his `Great

> Victory' .

> · Garuda fights with Narakasura but could

> not beat him .

> · Satyabhama tried to wake up her husband

> , but failed to

> do so . Then the valiant Queen prepares herself for

> the fight . She

> takes up her husband's bow and arrows; and begins

> to fight with

> Narakasura.

> · Krishna stops His " acting " and pretends

> to wake up. A

> visibly pleased Bhagavan congratulates first Garuda

> by patting on

> his back and then Satyabhama by embracing her

> lovingly .

> · Krishna takes up His mighty bow and

> arrows , fights with

> Narakasura and after defeating totally kills him

> using sudarsana

> charka .

> · Krishna hears from Narada Muni that his

> grandson

> Aniruddha is captured by king Banasura . Bhagavan

> prepares for a war

> against Banasura . To help Banasura, Lord Siva,

> accompanied by Lord

> Kartikeya and the army of Ghosts, fight against

> Krishna . With His

> arrows Krishna faints Lord Siva ; and Lord

> Kartikeya is beaten by

> Pradyumna . Banasura attacks Krishna with numerous

> weapons in his

> thousand hands. But Krishna using His Sudarsana

> chakra cuts off

> all but four of the Asura's hands . Lord Siva

> regains consciousness

> and prays to Krishna to spare Banasura's life ; and

> Krishna

> agrees . Banasura offeres his obeisances to

> Krishna by falling on

> His feet . Lord Siva glorifies Bhagavan Krishna

> calling Him the God

> of Gods . Krishna also praises Lord Siva.

> · Two ghost-brothers named Ghantakarnas (

> Devas under a

> curse) happen to see the meditating Krishna . They

> offer obeisances

> to Krishna in their crude manner ( taking

> liberties like touching

> His body , fondling His hair lovingly , etc). The

> merciful Krishna

> tolerates them with a smile ; and finally removes

> their curse ,

> blesses with knowledge and grants them liberation

> .

> · Bhagavan Krishna blesses the audience by

> showering

> flowers .

>

> This Krishnanattam was one of the greatest

> experiences in my life .

> I could really feel Bhagavan Krishna's presence on

> the stage ; and

> His every move really melted my heart .

>

>

=== message truncated ===

Guest guest

My dear Krishnadaya, Why pranams at my feet?Am I in anyway better than you,a great Krishna bhaktha.It seems you felt offended by my casual remarks.In that case I am so sorry Krishna,it was never my intention to wound your feelings.Do you think I will wound the feelings of a good friend?I just said the same sportingly and with no intention to provoke you or questioning your Bhakthy to Krishna.I know that well. I just said people are interested to make their offerings once their wishes are fulfilled and never make the offerings or vazhipadu first and then pray.May be there are many cases in that way also.So don't take such small comments seriously as I know you are very educated,doing good services in your own way and there is no necessity to downgrade you by such remarks which you hv made.Is it ok jaya?You always hv the Grace of Sri Krishna. Hare Krishna, agraman.krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote: Dear Sri Ganapathy Raman,Please accept my humble pranams at your feet.Ordinary devotees like myself are following the simple and easy path shown by Narayaneeyam . Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri offered Narayaneeyam ot Guruvayoorappan to get cured of his illness . A low calss devotee like myself doesn't separate own life into spiritual and material . I merely live a life

depending on the mercy of Sri Guruvayoorappan ; and am happy to make humble offerings to Him. Krishna is 'alankara priya' . Bhagavan has stated in Gta that if a devotee e offers Him a flower,fruit, leaf, or even water with humilty and devotion , He will accept it in person. So many unqualified devotees like myself have experienced in own lives that, vazhipadus to Sri Krishna can bring in benefits , provided they are offered with humilty and devotion. Sri Krishna Himself has told Uddhava " When a close relative dies, the man cries which is useless . However, whatever my devotee does in his act of devotion has a meaning " . May Sri Guruvayoorappan bless you all !!!Krishnadaya. guruvayur , GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:>> Dear Krishnadaya,> > A great experience.Here too the material

aspect carried you to make the offering > of Krishnattam not before the cases were decided in your favour but after that.Am I rt?Again you hv given a list of benefits that will accrue if the krishnattam vazhipadu is done so many benefits will accrue.Are you sure?Others in the Group may hv the notion that we are at loggerheads to settle some > score and actually I wanted to send the mails to your personally but just to make my point clear I preferred to bring to the notice of the Group.I am sorry > if you feel neglected.Not at all.You are always my friend.I wish you Good Luck.> Take what I hv written sportingly.> > Hare Krishna.> > krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:> Sri Guruvayoorappan Saranam, > > Please find below, narration of a devotee's experiences in Guruvayur.> >

-------------> Hare Krishna,> > (Background : Last year a chain of legal complications on my > properties virtually went out of control towards bankruptcy . I > could only take refuge at the lotus feet of the Lord of Guruvayoor ( > Sri Krishna). The merciful Bhagavan innovatively brought those > issues to a successful conclusion . As a humble thanksgiving , I > booked a Krishnanattam ( * See the details given below) . My > pilgrimage to Guruvayoor was to offer this Krishnanattam ( story : > Banayudh) on it's specified day . )> > * KRISHNANATTAM - Krishnanattam is presented as a routine offering > to the Lord. Devotees offer this and it is staged inside the temple > between 10.00 pm and 3.00 am. ( Saint Vilwamangalam could have > visions of the Lord, independent of the Deity . Once in Guruvayoor > he failed

to have the Lord's vision in the central shrine. It was > night time and the Krishnanattam was being staged in the courtyard. > The Saint ultimately found Bhagavan on the stage . Since then, > Krishnanattam came to be staged in the northern bahyankana (outer > courtyard) instead of the eastern bahyankana. And it begins only when > the central shrine is closed after the last puja at night. This is > because Bhagavan Krishna will be on the stage when Krishnanattam is > performed ).> > The various benefits of Krishnanattam as an offering are listed > here. > Avatharam - for a birth of a child> Kaliyamardhanam - to remove the effect of poison> Rasakreeda - well being of unmarried girls, to > end disputes between couples> Kamsavaddham - to remove enemies> Swayamvaram - for a happy matrimony> Bana yuddham - to remove impoverishment, for good > farm

production> Vividha vadham - to eliminate poverty and increase > yield from farms> Swargarohanam - for peace of a departed soul> > My Pilgrimage> > I was reading Narayaneeyam during part of the journey . Also, I > chanted Hare Krishna mantra as much as possible . Reaching > Guruvayooor at 5 PM, I boarded a hotel near the temple and fter a > bath , proceeded to the temple . The Devaswam authorities confirmed > my booking and said that Krishnanattam will be performed from 10 > PM .> > Then I joined the long queue for darshan . I was chanting Hare > Krishna mantra all the while knowing that the entire temple > premises is the physical body of Bhagavan Krishna and He is not > constrained to the Sanctum sanctorium only . Suddenly I could see , > a group of Vaishnavas , chanting Hare Krishna mahamantra beautifully > and dancing to it . I joined

them to enjoy the nectar of Hari-> namasankirtana . Ecstatic tears were running down my cheeks .> > Because of the large number of devotees around, I was allowed only > a very short darshan . I couldn't even see Bhagavan properly . It > was not a disappointment because my past experiences have taught > that one has to pass Bhagavan's test prior to having His darshan . > > After leaving the temple , I had a quick dinner and bath in my > hotel ; and thereafter entered the temple for Krishnanattam . > > At 10 PM Krishnanattam started . The story (Banayudh) included the > following : > > · Bhagavan Krishna, wife Satyabhama and Garuda enters the > stage and blesses the audience .> · They get ready for the fight with Narakasura and his army.> · Garuda fights with Narakasura's minister but couldn't > kill him.> · Krishna fights with the

Asura-minister and kills him > using Sudarsana charka.> · Being furious at the slaying of his minister, the > dreadful Narakasura enters the scene making frightening gestures. > · Narakasura fights with Krishna . Bhagavan pretends to be > fainted by the Asura's arrows . Narakarura rejoices at his `Great > Victory' .> · Garuda fights with Narakasura but could not beat him .> · Satyabhama tried to wake up her husband , but failed to > do so . Then the valiant Queen prepares herself for the fight . She > takes up her husband's bow and arrows; and begins to fight with > Narakasura.> · Krishna stops His "acting" and pretends to wake up. A > visibly pleased Bhagavan congratulates first Garuda by patting on > his back and then Satyabhama by embracing her lovingly .> · Krishna takes up His mighty bow and arrows , fights with > Narakasura and after defeating totally kills

him using sudarsana > charka .> · Krishna hears from Narada Muni that his grandson > Aniruddha is captured by king Banasura . Bhagavan prepares for a war > against Banasura . To help Banasura, Lord Siva, accompanied by Lord > Kartikeya and the army of Ghosts, fight against Krishna . With His > arrows Krishna faints Lord Siva ; and Lord Kartikeya is beaten by > Pradyumna . Banasura attacks Krishna with numerous weapons in his > thousand hands. But Krishna using His Sudarsana chakra cuts off > all but four of the Asura's hands . Lord Siva regains consciousness > and prays to Krishna to spare Banasura's life ; and Krishna > agrees . Banasura offeres his obeisances to Krishna by falling on > His feet . Lord Siva glorifies Bhagavan Krishna calling Him the God > of Gods . Krishna also praises Lord Siva. > · Two ghost-brothers named Ghantakarnas ( Devas under a > curse)

happen to see the meditating Krishna . They offer obeisances > to Krishna in their crude manner ( taking liberties like touching > His body , fondling His hair lovingly , etc). The merciful Krishna > tolerates them with a smile ; and finally removes their curse , > blesses with knowledge and grants them liberation .> · Bhagavan Krishna blesses the audience by showering > flowers .> > This Krishnanattam was one of the greatest experiences in my life . > I could really feel Bhagavan Krishna's presence on the stage ; and > His every move really melted my heart . > > The Krishnanattam finished at 2 AM . I returned to my hotel to > freshen up quickly and thereafter proceeded to have a pleasant bath > in the temple pond ( Rudratheertham) . Then I joined the queue of > devotees seeking `nirmalya' (pre-dawn) darshan . I was continuously > chanting Hare Krishna

mantra.> > In spite of the long queue, I got the opportunity to have a long > and blissful darshan at 3.15 AM . I cried with joy at the > realization that Bhagavan Krishna is quenching the thirst of my heart > by giving darshan to my heart's content . > > I returned home chanting Hari-nama and relishing Bhagavan's > boundless compassion towards His bhaktas . > > Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!> > Sri KrishnaDasa > > > > > > > > India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here> Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on India Click here>