IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] my expereince with Kannan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama || Inspiring article !!! It fills my heart with pleasure and thrill.... Hare Guruvayoorappa... Ratheesh VSyamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote: 1.7.2006 Dear devotees I had several experiences which proved to me that my KANNAN is always with me and if we keep one step ahead HE will come 10 steps ahead Here I would like to narrate one or incident which took place way back 1999 which changed my course of life. At that time, I never used to read any prayer books . I used to light the lamp both the times and sit and pray for few minutes with folded hand. Further, I know Harinama Keertanam by heart and immediately after getting up in the morning and washing the face, I used recite the same. This I am doing even today. This goes as a routine while I do my household work. At that time I had the habbit of reading all those weeklys like Mangalam, Manorama etc., and whenever I get spare time in office or for that matter while traveling to and fro office, I used to read the same. In the year 1999 Apirl, one lady has been appointed on temporary basis in my

office in place of one who left on maternity leave for three months. The lady was a Malayalee. As usual one day I was reading a Manorama weekly when this lady came to me and said" today is Ekadashi and also Thursday" " Why can't you read Sahasranamam" instead of this weekly" To be frank, I had heard others chanting this during Saptaham, which I used to attend atleast for a day , but never tried to read the same and also did not have the book. I told her I have not read the same earlier. She told me she will sit with me and we both will read. So that day for the first time in my life I read the Sahasranamam. She then asked me to buy "Agre Pashyamai" a book printed by Giri Trading which I bought and found very interesting. She also gave me copies of "Guruvayoor

Suprabhatham" and "Narayana Kavacham" to read. I started the reading the same every day and coul by heart the same and with all humbleness I can say, now I can recite both without any reference What surprised me is the fact that earlier also ladies went on maternity , but no alternative was kept at that time. Furthermore, the lady who came was a deveotee of Guruvayurappan and had completed one Sampoornam of Srimat Narayaneeyam. The lady went away after three months , but I believe that it is my KANNAN who made her join our company for three months which changed my way of life completely. It took sometime for me to leave the habit og reading weeklys, but slowly, i stopped reading all such stuffs as I got many many devotional books to read which includes "Poonthana SarvaswamBhagavat Gita"

etc. I am also a r to Bhaktapriya Now I read Vishnu Sahasranamam , one dasakam of Narayaneeyam every day. Also whenever I get time I read Bhagavatahm kilipattu and Ramayanam WHAT ELSE CAN BE THIS EXCEPT HIS BELSSING Learning Narayaneeyam is yet another incident which shows HIS love and affectin to HIS devotees which I shall narrate next time I hope I did not bore you all With Pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET Syamala A humble devotee Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on India Click here

Guest guest

HARI AUM

Dear Krishna Devotees,

Here is a live example of a PRINCIPLE explained by

Bhagavan in his Gita:

vishayavinivarthanthe niraharasya dehinaha

rasavarjyamrasopyasya paramdhrushtwa nivarthathe

By reading Sahashranama Smt Shyamala tasted a higher

reading material than Mangalam and in the process

lifted her thought process which led her also to the

Association of this group.

In this sloka he has just enumerated it.

Hope we dig out more of such experiences and

understand our Bhagavan's Gita to the benefit our

daily life.

Thanks a miu for narrating this personal experience.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

> 1.7.2006

>

> Dear devotees

>

>

> I had several experiences which proved to me that

> my KANNAN is always with me and if we keep one

> step ahead HE will come 10 steps ahead

>

> Here I would like to narrate one or incident

> which took place way back 1999 which changed my

> course of life. At that time, I never used to read

> any prayer books . I used to light the lamp both

> the times and sit and pray for few minutes with

> folded hand. Further, I know Harinama Keertanam by

> heart and immediately after getting up in the

> morning and washing the face, I used recite the

> same. This I am doing even today. This goes as a

> routine while I do my household work.

>

> At that time I had the habbit of reading all those

> weeklys like Mangalam, Manorama etc., and whenever I

> get spare time in office or for that matter

> while traveling to and fro office, I used to read

> the same.

>

> In the year 1999 Apirl, one lady has been

> appointed on temporary basis in my office in place

> of one who left on maternity leave for three

> months. The lady was a Malayalee.

>

> As usual one day I was reading a Manorama weekly

> when this lady came to me and said " today is

> Ekadashi and also Thursday " " Why can't you read

> Sahasranamam " instead of this weekly "

>

> To be frank, I had heard others chanting this

> during Saptaham, which I used to attend atleast

> for a day , but never tried to read the same and

> also did not have the book. I told her I have not

> read the same earlier. She told me she will sit

> with me and we both will read. So that day for the

> first time in my life I read the Sahasranamam. She

> then asked me to buy " Agre Pashyamai " a book

> printed by Giri Trading which I bought and found

> very interesting. She also gave me copies of

> " Guruvayoor Suprabhatham " and " Narayana Kavacham "

> to read. I started the reading the same every day

> and coul by heart the same and with all

> humbleness I can say, now I can recite both

> without any reference

>

> What surprised me is the fact that earlier also

> ladies went on maternity , but no alternative was

> kept at that time. Furthermore, the lady who came

> was a deveotee of Guruvayurappan and had completed

> one Sampoornam of Srimat Narayaneeyam. The lady

> went away after three months , but I believe that it

> is my KANNAN who made her join our company for

> three months which changed my way of life

> completely. It took sometime for me to leave the

> habit og reading weeklys, but slowly, i stopped

> reading all such stuffs as I got many many

> devotional books to read which includes " Poonthana

> Sarvaswam " " Bhagavat Gita " etc. I am also a

> r to Bhaktapriya

>

> Now I read Vishnu Sahasranamam , one dasakam of

> Narayaneeyam every day. Also whenever I get time I

> read Bhagavatahm kilipattu and Ramayanam

>

> WHAT ELSE CAN BE THIS EXCEPT HIS BELSSING

>

> Learning Narayaneeyam is yet another incident

> which shows HIS love and affectin to HIS devotees

> which I shall narrate next time

>

> I hope I did not bore you all

>

> With Pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET

>

> Syamala

> A humble devotee

>

>

>

>

>

> Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new

> Mail Beta.

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Guest guest

Dear Shri Balagopalji Jai Sreekrishna Yes I fully agree with you that starting to read Sahasranamam changed the course of my life. Meantime, I would be very much obliged if you could kindly let me have the meaning of the sloka as well as I could not understand the same fully. Regards SyamalaBalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Krishna

Devotees,Here is a live example of a PRINCIPLE explained byBhagavan in his Gita:vishayavinivarthanthe niraharasya dehinaharasavarjyamrasopyasya paramdhrushtwa nivarthatheBy reading Sahashranama Smt Shyamala tasted a higherreading material than Mangalam and in the processlifted her thought process which led her also to theAssociation of this group. In this sloka he has just enumerated it.Hope we dig out more of such experiences andunderstand our Bhagavan's Gita to the benefit ourdaily life.Thanks a miu for narrating this personal experience.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath > wrote:> 1.7.2006> > Dear devotees> > > I had several experiences which proved to me that> my KANNAN is always with me

and if we keep one> step ahead HE will come 10 steps ahead > > Here I would like to narrate one or incident > which took place way back 1999 which changed my> course of life. At that time, I never used to read> any prayer books . I used to light the lamp both> the times and sit and pray for few minutes with> folded hand. Further, I know Harinama Keertanam by> heart and immediately after getting up in the> morning and washing the face, I used recite the> same. This I am doing even today. This goes as a> routine while I do my household work.> > At that time I had the habbit of reading all those> weeklys like Mangalam, Manorama etc., and whenever I> get spare time in office or for that matter > while traveling to and fro office, I used to read> the same.> > In the year 1999 Apirl, one lady has been> appointed on temporary basis in

my office in place> of one who left on maternity leave for three> months. The lady was a Malayalee.> > As usual one day I was reading a Manorama weekly> when this lady came to me and said" today is> Ekadashi and also Thursday Why can't you read > Sahasranamam" instead of this weekly"> > To be frank, I had heard others chanting this> during Saptaham, which I used to attend atleast > for a day , but never tried to read the same and> also did not have the book. I told her I have not > read the same earlier. She told me she will sit> with me and we both will read. So that day for the> first time in my life I read the Sahasranamam. She> then asked me to buy "Agre Pashyamai" a book > printed by Giri Trading which I bought and found> very interesting. She also gave me copies of > "Guruvayoor Suprabhatham" and "Narayana Kavacham"> to read.

I started the reading the same every day> and coul by heart the same and with all> humbleness I can say, now I can recite both > without any reference> > What surprised me is the fact that earlier also> ladies went on maternity , but no alternative was> kept at that time. Furthermore, the lady who came > was a deveotee of Guruvayurappan and had completed> one Sampoornam of Srimat Narayaneeyam. The lady> went away after three months , but I believe that it> is my KANNAN who made her join our company for> three months which changed my way of life> completely. It took sometime for me to leave the> habit og reading weeklys, but slowly, i stopped> reading all such stuffs as I got many many > devotional books to read which includes "Poonthana> SarvaswamBhagavat Gita" etc. I am also a> r to Bhaktapriya> > Now I read Vishnu

Sahasranamam , one dasakam of> Narayaneeyam every day. Also whenever I get time I> read Bhagavatahm kilipattu and Ramayanam> > WHAT ELSE CAN BE THIS EXCEPT HIS BELSSING > > Learning Narayaneeyam is yet another incident> which shows HIS love and affectin to HIS devotees> which I shall narrate next time> > I hope I did not bore you all > > With Pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET> > Syamala> A humble devotee> > > > > > Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new> Mail Beta.________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Pranams to All I am glad to know that reading sahasranam purifies mind,body and our life.but i have a doubt about it.In sahasranam what we have to read?the stotram begining as "shuklambharatharam Vishum" or the namavali given after it as "Om Vishnave namaha".What we have to read.Different peoples are saying different opinions which I could not reach a conclusion.So i request you all to point out me which is the right way. yours faithfully Nisha HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote: Dear Shri Balagopalji Jai Sreekrishna Yes I fully agree with you that starting to read Sahasranamam changed the course of my life. Meantime, I would be very much obliged if you could kindly let me have the meaning of the sloka as well as I could not understand the same fully. Regards SyamalaBalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Krishna Devotees,Here is a live example of a PRINCIPLE explained byBhagavan in his Gita:vishayavinivarthanthe niraharasya dehinaharasavarjyamrasopyasya paramdhrushtwa nivarthatheBy reading Sahashranama Smt Shyamala tasted a higherreading material than Mangalam and in the processlifted her thought process which led her also to theAssociation of this group. In this sloka he has just enumerated it.Hope we dig out more of such experiences andunderstand our Bhagavan's Gita to the benefit ourdaily life.Thanks a miu for narrating this personal experience.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath > wrote:> 1.7.2006> > Dear devotees> > > I had several experiences which proved to me

that> my KANNAN is always with me and if we keep one> step ahead HE will come 10 steps ahead > > Here I would like to narrate one or incident > which took place way back 1999 which changed my> course of life. At that time, I never used to read> any prayer books . I used to light the lamp both> the times and sit and pray for few minutes with> folded hand. Further, I know Harinama Keertanam by> heart and immediately after getting up in the> morning and washing the face, I used recite the> same. This I am doing even today. This goes as a> routine while I do my household work.> > At that time I had the habbit of reading all those> weeklys like Mangalam, Manorama etc., and whenever I> get spare time in office or for that matter > while traveling to and fro office, I used to read> the same.> > In the year 1999 Apirl, one lady has

been> appointed on temporary basis in my office in place> of one who left on maternity leave for three> months. The lady was a Malayalee.> > As usual one day I was reading a Manorama weekly> when this lady came to me and said" today is> Ekadashi and also Thursday Why can't you read > Sahasranamam" instead of this weekly"> > To be frank, I had heard others chanting this> during Saptaham, which I used to attend atleast > for a day , but never tried to read the same and> also did not have the book. I told her I have not > read the same earlier. She told me she will sit> with me and we both will read. So that day for the> first time in my life I read the Sahasranamam. She> then asked me to buy "Agre Pashyamai" a book > printed by Giri Trading which I bought and found> very interesting. She also gave me copies of > "Guruvayoor

Suprabhatham" and "Narayana Kavacham"> to read. I started the reading the same every day> and coul by heart the same and with all> humbleness I can say, now I can recite both > without any reference> > What surprised me is the fact that earlier also> ladies went on maternity , but no alternative was> kept at that time. Furthermore, the lady who came > was a deveotee of Guruvayurappan and had completed> one Sampoornam of Srimat Narayaneeyam. The lady> went away after three months , but I believe that it> is my KANNAN who made her join our company for> three months which changed my way of life> completely. It took sometime for me to leave the> habit og reading weeklys, but slowly, i stopped> reading all such stuffs as I got many many > devotional books to read which includes "Poonthana> SarvaswamBhagavat Gita" etc. I am also a> r to

Bhaktapriya> > Now I read Vishnu Sahasranamam , one dasakam of> Narayaneeyam every day. Also whenever I get time I> read Bhagavatahm kilipattu and Ramayanam> > WHAT ELSE CAN BE THIS EXCEPT HIS BELSSING > > Learning Narayaneeyam is yet another incident> which shows HIS love and affectin to HIS devotees> which I shall narrate next time> > I hope I did not bore you all > > With Pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET> > Syamala> A humble devotee> > > > > > Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new> Mail Beta.________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./ Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

HARI AUM

Dear Smt Shyamala,

The sloka mentioned is Stanza no.59 of Chapter 2 of

Bhagavad Gita.

When we have fever we havo no taste and urge for food.

It does not mean that it has disappered from our

system.It is there but dormant. Similarly the desires

cannot be removed but can be managed by feeding better

and quality ones. This is the only way one can GROW

mentally, spiritually and physically in LIFE.

Below are two explanations given in some of the Gita

books.

Hope you grasp the word and spirit too.

Reagrds

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Text 59

visaya vinivartante

niraharasya dehinah

rasa-varjam raso ’py asya

param drishtva nivartate

Translation

The embodied soul may be restricted from sense

enjoyment, though the taste for sense objects remains.

But, ceasing such engagements by experiencing a higher

taste, he is fixed in consciousness.

" Sense object cease to torment him who practices

abstention, although the taste for them still remains

in his consciousness. Even that feeling will also

disappear completely when he experiences the Supreme

State.

Commentary by

Commentary by Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakur

" But even the fool is able to stop the movement of his

senses by fasting or by being under the influence of

sickness. "

For one who stops eating (niraharasya), the objects of

the senses disappear, except for the desire for

objects (rasa varjam). The desire (rasa) for objects

does not disappear. For the person situated in prajna

however, having seen the paramatma, the desire for

objects does disappear. He does not deviate from his

qualities. This implies that the ability to realize

the soul directly is something that has to be attained

through practice, not something that is naturally

possible for everyone (such as the ignorant person

fasting.)

--- thanu_ sree <thanu_sree2001 wrote:

> Hare Krishna

>

> Pranams to All

>

> I am glad to know that reading sahasranam

> purifies mind,body and our life.but i have a doubt

> about it.In sahasranam what we have to read?the

> stotram begining as " shuklambharatharam Vishum " or

> the namavali given after it as " Om Vishnave

> namaha " .What we have to read.Different peoples are

> saying different opinions which I could not reach a

> conclusion.So i request you all to point out me

> which is the right way.

>

> yours faithfully

> Nisha

>

> HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA

> KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE

> HARE RAMA HARE RAMA

> RAMA RAMA HARE HARE

>

>

> Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

> Dear Shri Balagopalji

>

>

> Jai Sreekrishna

>

> Yes I fully agree with you that starting to read

> Sahasranamam changed the course of my life.

>

> Meantime, I would be very much obliged if you

> could kindly let me have the meaning of the sloka

> as well as I could not understand the same fully.

>

> Regards

> Syamala

>

> Balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> HARI AUM

>

> Dear Krishna Devotees,

>

> Here is a live example of a PRINCIPLE explained by

> Bhagavan in his Gita:

>

> vishayavinivarthanthe niraharasya dehinaha

> rasavarjyamrasopyasya paramdhrushtwa nivarthathe

>

> By reading Sahashranama Smt Shyamala tasted a higher

> reading material than Mangalam and in the process

> lifted her thought process which led her also to the

> Association of this group.

>

> In this sloka he has just enumerated it.

>

> Hope we dig out more of such experiences and

> understand our Bhagavan's Gita to the benefit our

> daily life.

>

> Thanks a miu for narrating this personal experience.

>

> Regards

>

> Balagopal

>

> NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

>

> --- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

>

> > 1.7.2006

> >

> > Dear devotees

> >

> >

> > I had several experiences which proved to me that

> > my KANNAN is always with me and if we keep one

> > step ahead HE will come 10 steps ahead

> >

> > Here I would like to narrate one or incident

> > which took place way back 1999 which changed my

> > course of life. At that time, I never used to read

> > any prayer books . I used to light the lamp both

> > the times and sit and pray for few minutes with

> > folded hand. Further, I know Harinama Keertanam by

> > heart and immediately after getting up in the

> > morning and washing the face, I used recite the

> > same. This I am doing even today. This goes as a

> > routine while I do my household work.

> >

> > At that time I had the habbit of reading all those

> > weeklys like Mangalam, Manorama etc., and whenever

> I

> > get spare time in office or for that matter

> > while traveling to and fro office, I used to read

> > the same.

> >

> > In the year 1999 Apirl, one lady has been

> > appointed on temporary basis in my office in place

> > of one who left on maternity leave for three

> > months. The lady was a Malayalee.

> >

> > As usual one day I was reading a Manorama weekly

> > when this lady came to me and said " today is

> > Ekadashi and also Thursday " " Why can't you read

> > Sahasranamam " instead of this weekly "

> >

> > To be frank, I had heard others chanting this

> > during Saptaham, which I used to attend atleast

> > for a day , but never tried to read the same and

> > also did not have the book. I told her I have not

> > read the same earlier. She told me she will sit

> > with me and we both will read. So that day for the

> > first time in my life I read the Sahasranamam. She

> > then asked me to buy " Agre Pashyamai " a book

> > printed by Giri Trading which I bought and found

> > very interesting. She also gave me copies of

> > " Guruvayoor Suprabhatham " and " Narayana Kavacham "

> > to read. I started the reading the same every day

> > and coul by heart the same and with all

> > humbleness I can say, now I can recite both

> > without any reference

> >

> > What surprised me is the fact that earlier also

> > ladies went on maternity , but no alternative was

> > kept at that time. Furthermore, the lady who came

> > was a deveotee of Guruvayurappan and had completed

> > one Sampoornam of Srimat Narayaneeyam. The lady

> > went away after three months , but I believe that

> it

> > is my KANNAN who made her join our company for

> > three months which changed my way of life

> > completely. It took sometime for me to leave the

> > habit og reading weeklys, but slowly, i stopped

> > reading all such stuffs as I got many many

> > devotional books to read which includes " Poonthana

> > Sarvaswam " " Bhagavat Gita " etc. I am also a

> > r to Bhaktapriya

> >

> > Now I read Vishnu Sahasranamam , one dasakam of

> > Narayaneeyam every day. Also whenever I get time I

> > read Bhagavatahm kilipattu and Ramayanam

> >

> > WHAT ELSE CAN BE THIS EXCEPT HIS BELSSING

> >

> > Learning Narayaneeyam is yet another incident

> > which shows HIS love and affectin to HIS devotees

> > which I shall narrate next time

> >

> > I hope I did not bore you all

> >

> > With Pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET

> >

> > Syamala

> > A humble devotee

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new

> > Mail Beta.

>

>

>

________

> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn

> something new

> http://in.answers./

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Get on board. You're invited to try the new

> Mail Beta.

>

>

>

>

>

> Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not

> radically different. Just radically better.

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./