IndiaDivine.org

RE: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nama is powerful than Nami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ahh ! so sweet & divine ...

Thank you very much Sri Parameshwaran

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of hparamuFriday, July 07, 2006 10:41 AMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nama is powerful than Nami

I read a beautiful story in the Malayalam Astro Spiritual Magazine "Jyotisha Ratnam" a few months ago. Reproduced below is a bad translation of mine of the wonderful story.Once the great sage Narada was passing through a Village. There he happened to meet a boy of 15 or 16 years old afflicted with severe leprosy. There were wounds all over his body and pus oozing from his wounds. Nobody could go near him because of the bad stench. The sage took compassion on him and went near him. The boy cried to the sage -"Great one, see my condition, everybody has deserted me - my family, friends, relatives do not care for me any more. Even the Lord has decided to shun me, Please save me or give me death.". Narada replied - " Dear one, I am going to Sri Vaikunta, I'll appeal to the Merciful Lord Narayana and I'm sure he being the ocean of compassion will bring relief to you, you are certain to be healed". The boy replied with tears in his eyes - " I am anxiously waiting for your return. Please use your good offices with the Lord to give me relief"Narada left the place and straight away went to Sri Vaikunta. There he narrated the episode to Lord Narayana. The Lord replied - " Narada, great is your compassion and concern for the boy, but such are the horrendous crimes he commited in his past birth that he has to suffer for those in this way only. He is destined to suffer this entire life. There is no way out Narada, otherwise it'll be a violation of the laws of Karma"Narada said - "Lord, he is such a young boy, he life is yet to begin, I agree that he has done bad Karma in his past life, but is not this punishment too cruel, have mercy on him Lord". Lord Narayana replied -"Sorry Narada, I cannot help him, because the magnitude of his bad deeds in the past birth are so big to give him even an iota of relief"After a lengthy argument, Narada left Sri Vaikunta dejected unable to convince the Lord to help the boy. He did not know what to tell the boy who would be anxiously waiting for him. First he decided that he'll avoid the boy, later he thought that would be too cruel to the boy already suffering at the hands of fate. He went to the Village, seeing the sage coming, the boys eyes shone brightly - "Great Sage, what good news do you bring for me ? "Narada thought for a while, he did not know what to say, after some time he gathered himself and told the boy " Dear one, you are sure to be saved shortly, all you have to do is Chant "HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA , KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE " as many times as possible a day with utmost devotion. If you do this sincerely thinking of the Lord Narayana, it is only a matter of time before you are free from your sickness" . The boy profusely thanked Narada and Narada left the place with a sense of shame in his helplessness.A few years later Narada was passing through the same village. A young man in his early twenties, with a shining face and resplendence all over his body came running towards him and prostrated before him . There were tears in his eyes and he said to Narads - "Great one, I'm indebted to you for a million births". Narada said ' "Who are you, my son , what help have I done to you " . The boy replied - " I am the boy whom you met a few years ago afflicted with leprosy, as per your advice , I chanted the Maha Mantra and I got cured completely in a few months time, Now I'm leading a happy family life" . Narada replied - " Thank Lord Narayana, be indebted to him for the rest of your life, and Chant his Name ". The young man replied - "Not even an hour passes without my remembrance of him, Chanting his name has become like breathing to me". Narada gave his blessings to the young man and left for Sri Vaikunta.Narada asked the lord - "Lord , you told me that there is no respite for the boy and see now, he is completely cured and is leading a happy life, why did you tell me a lie that you will not save him". The Lord replied - "Narada, why should I lie to you, if there is any power on which can save him it is me, I've decided that he should suffer for his bad Karma, tell me what mischief you done or are you telling me a false story"Narada then narrated to the Lord all he told the boy was to chant the Maha Mantra and nothing else.The Lord went to a deep silence for a while and told - "Narada, I never knew that my name was so powerful, powerful than me, powerful than my sankalpa "HARE KRISHNA,RegardsParameswaran.H

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, A very nice story indeed.... I would surely give the printout of this story to my sister.May be some day Krishna would show mercy on her as well ( we are sure Narayana would, coz for last 16 years we have been treating my sister for Hip Dislocation & Multiple Deformities.She was born with it).Though she is still not completely cured, God has always given my parents the courage to go for the surgeries and treatment again and again..And somhow he has sent his representatives in different form time & again to help us (Our family has always felt its always been HE himself who has come to help us & we do boast about this fact that he has always shown us way out of all difficulties when we have felt that its all over ). Was it not for him , surely with so much of Hospitalisation & Medication ,we would not have survived .(My dad has also

had to undertake some major medication 4-5 times in this duration of 16 years) Coz of a re-surgery done on my sister in Feb 2004,she is not been attending her school, we made her appear for her SSC in March 06,so that atleast she wont lose her year.With Krishna's blessings she has cleared her SSC in first division.Now hopefully Krishna would shower his grace on her ,so that she gets into some college and can complete her studies and be independent in her life. I humbly request all devotees to pray for my sister so that in life she can be independent & atleast manage things on her own. Ohm Namo Narayana Regards, Bindya Suresh hparamu <param wrote: I read a beautiful story in the Malayalam Astro Spiritual Magazine "Jyotisha Ratnam" a few months ago. Reproduced below is a bad translation of mine of the wonderful story.Once the great sage Narada was passing through a Village. There he happened to meet a boy of 15 or 16 years old afflicted with severe leprosy. There were wounds all over his body and pus oozing from his wounds. Nobody could go near him because of the bad stench. The sage took compassion on him and went near him. The boy cried to the sage -"Great one, see my condition, everybody has deserted me - my family, friends, relatives do not care for me any more. Even

the Lord has decided to shun me, Please save me or give me death.". Narada replied - " Dear one, I am going to Sri Vaikunta, I'll appeal to the Merciful Lord Narayana and I'm sure he being the ocean of compassion will bring relief to you, you are certain to be healed". The boy replied with tears in his eyes - " I am anxiously waiting for your return. Please use your good offices with the Lord to give me relief"Narada left the place and straight away went to Sri Vaikunta. There he narrated the episode to Lord Narayana. The Lord replied - " Narada, great is your compassion and concern for the boy, but such are the horrendous crimes he commited in his past birth that he has to suffer for those in this way only. He is destined to suffer this entire life. There is no way out Narada, otherwise it'll be a violation of the laws of Karma"Narada said - "Lord, he is such a young boy, he life is yet to begin,

I agree that he has done bad Karma in his past life, but is not this punishment too cruel, have mercy on him Lord". Lord Narayana replied -"Sorry Narada, I cannot help him, because the magnitude of his bad deeds in the past birth are so big to give him even an iota of relief"After a lengthy argument, Narada left Sri Vaikunta dejected unable to convince the Lord to help the boy. He did not know what to tell the boy who would be anxiously waiting for him. First he decided that he'll avoid the boy, later he thought that would be too cruel to the boy already suffering at the hands of fate. He went to the Village, seeing the sage coming, the boys eyes shone brightly - "Great Sage, what good news do you bring for me ? "Narada thought for a while, he did not know what to say, after some time he gathered himself and told the boy " Dear one, you are sure to be saved shortly, all you have to do is Chant "HARE KRISHNA

HARE KRISHNA , KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE " as many times as possible a day with utmost devotion. If you do this sincerely thinking of the Lord Narayana, it is only a matter of time before you are free from your sickness" . The boy profusely thanked Narada and Narada left the place with a sense of shame in his helplessness.A few years later Narada was passing through the same village. A young man in his early twenties, with a shining face and resplendence all over his body came running towards him and prostrated before him . There were tears in his eyes and he said to Narads - "Great one, I'm indebted to you for a million births". Narada said ' "Who are you, my son , what help have I done to you " . The boy replied - " I am the boy whom you met a few years ago afflicted with leprosy, as per your advice , I chanted the Maha Mantra and I got cured completely in a few

months time, Now I'm leading a happy family life" . Narada replied - " Thank Lord Narayana, be indebted to him for the rest of your life, and Chant his Name ". The young man replied - "Not even an hour passes without my remembrance of him, Chanting his name has become like breathing to me". Narada gave his blessings to the young man and left for Sri Vaikunta.Narada asked the lord - "Lord , you told me that there is no respite for the boy and see now, he is completely cured and is leading a happy life, why did you tell me a lie that you will not save him". The Lord replied - "Narada, why should I lie to you, if there is any power on which can save him it is me, I've decided that he should suffer for his bad Karma, tell me what mischief you done or are you telling me a false story"Narada then narrated to the Lord all he told the boy was to chant the Maha Mantra and nothing else.The Lord went to a

deep silence for a while and told - "Narada, I never knew that my name was so powerful, powerful than me, powerful than my sankalpa "HARE KRISHNA,RegardsParameswaran.H

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

HARI AUM

It is a very good translation of a beautiful story

carrying a load of message very much relevant in this

trying times.

If nothing comes to a person at least take HIS name as

many times as possible in a day and experience the

WONDERS.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

PS:One important message of our Bhagavan is:

" Udharetatmanatmanam Naatmanamvasadhayet "

NEVER NEVER EVER LET AND/OR PUT YOURSELF DOWN.(Your

transaltion is really good.Keep it up)

--- hparamu <param wrote:

> I read a beautiful story in the Malayalam Astro

> Spiritual

> Magazine " Jyotisha Ratnam " a few months ago.

> Reproduced below is a bad

> translation of mine of the wonderful story.

>

>

> Once the great sage Narada was passing through a

> Village. There he

> happened to meet a boy of 15 or 16 years old

> afflicted with severe

> leprosy. There were wounds all over his body and pus

> oozing from his

> wounds. Nobody could go near him because of the bad

> stench. The sage

> took compassion on him and went near him. The boy

> cried to the sage -

> " Great one, see my condition, everybody has

> deserted me - my family,

> friends, relatives do not care for me any more. Even

> the Lord has

> decided to shun me, Please save me or give me

> death. " .

>

> Narada replied - " Dear one, I am going to Sri

> Vaikunta, I'll appeal

> to the Merciful Lord Narayana and I'm sure he being

> the ocean of

> compassion will bring relief to you, you are certain

> to be healed " .

> The boy replied with tears in his eyes - " I am

> anxiously waiting for

> your return. Please use your good offices with the

> Lord to give me

> relief "

>

> Narada left the place and straight away went to Sri

> Vaikunta. There he

> narrated the episode to Lord Narayana. The Lord

> replied - " Narada,

> great is your compassion and concern for the boy,

> but such are the

> horrendous crimes he commited in his past birth that

> he has to suffer

> for those in this way only. He is destined to suffer

> this entire life.

> There is no way out Narada, otherwise it'll be a

> violation of the laws

> of Karma "

>

> Narada said - " Lord, he is such a young boy, he life

> is yet to begin,

> I agree that he has done bad Karma in his past life,

> but is not this

> punishment too cruel, have mercy on him Lord " . Lord

> Narayana replied -

> " Sorry Narada, I cannot help him, because the

> magnitude of his bad

> deeds in the past birth are so big to give him even

> an iota of relief "

>

> After a lengthy argument, Narada left Sri Vaikunta

> dejected unable to

> convince the Lord to help the boy. He did not know

> what to tell the

> boy who would be anxiously waiting for him. First he

> decided that

> he'll avoid the boy, later he thought that would be

> too cruel to the

> boy already suffering at the hands of fate. He went

> to the Village,

> seeing the sage coming, the boys eyes shone brightly

> - " Great Sage,

> what good news do you bring for me ? "

>

> Narada thought for a while, he did not know what to

> say, after some

> time he gathered himself and told the boy " Dear

> one, you are sure to

> be saved shortly, all you have to do is Chant " HARE

> KRISHNA HARE

> KRISHNA , KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE

> RAMA, RAMA RAMA

> HARE HARE " as many times as possible a day with

> utmost devotion. If

> you do this sincerely thinking of the Lord Narayana,

> it is only a

> matter of time before you are free from your

> sickness " . The boy

> profusely thanked Narada and Narada left the place

> with a sense of

> shame in his helplessness.

>

> A few years later Narada was passing through the

> same village. A young

> man in his early twenties, with a shining face and

> resplendence all

> over his body came running towards him and

> prostrated before him .

> There were tears in his eyes and he said to Narads -

> " Great one, I'm

> indebted to you for a million births " . Narada said '

> " Who are you, my

> son , what help have I done to you " . The boy

> replied - " I am the

> boy whom you met a few years ago afflicted with

> leprosy, as per your

> advice , I chanted the Maha Mantra and I got cured

> completely in a few

> months time, Now I'm leading a happy family life " .

> Narada replied - "

> Thank Lord Narayana, be indebted to him for the rest

> of your life, and

> Chant his Name " . The young man replied - " Not even

> an hour passes

> without my remembrance of him, Chanting his name has

> become like

> breathing to me " . Narada gave his blessings to the

> young man and left

> for Sri Vaikunta.

>

> Narada asked the lord - " Lord , you told me that

> there is no respite

> for the boy and see now, he is completely cured and

> is leading a happy

> life, why did you tell me a lie that you will not

> save him " . The Lord

> replied - " Narada, why should I lie to you, if there

> is any power on

> which can save him it is me, I've decided that he

> should suffer for

> his bad Karma, tell me what mischief you done or are

> you telling me a

> false story "

>

> Narada then narrated to the Lord all he told the boy

> was to chant the

> Maha Mantra and nothing else.

>

> The Lord went to a deep silence for a while and told

> - " Narada, I

> never knew that my name was so powerful, powerful

> than me, powerful

> than my sankalpa "

>

> HARE KRISHNA,

>

> Regards

> Parameswaran.H

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Guest guest

om namo bhagavathe vasudevaaya; om namo namo bhagavathe vasudevaaya;

om namo bhagavathe vasudevaaya;

Namasthe Bindya,

Your sister is in our prayers. Following is a sloka that I chant

almost everyday to Bhagawan Guruvayoorappan.

Jagannivasa karunam murare mukunda bhaktapriya vasudeva varunna

rogangal akannu pokan varam tharene Guruvayoorappa!

Jagannivasa karunam murare mukunda bhakthapriya vasudeva varunna

Jagannivasa karunam murare mukunda bhakthapriya vasudeva varunna

HARI OUM!

with regards,

Geetha.

guruvayur , Bindya Suresh <bindyamenon80

wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna,

>

> A very nice story indeed....

> I would surely give the printout of this story to my sister.May

be some day Krishna would show mercy on her as well ( we are sure

Narayana would, coz for last 16 years we have been treating my sister

for Hip Dislocation & Multiple Deformities.She was born with

it).Though she is still not completely cured, God has always given my

parents the courage to go for the surgeries and treatment again and

again..And somhow he has sent his representatives in different form

time & again to help us (Our family has always felt its always been

HE himself who has come to help us & we do boast about this fact that

he has always shown us way out of all difficulties when we have felt

that its all over ). Was it not for him , surely with so much of

Hospitalisation & Medication ,we would not have survived .(My dad has

also had to undertake some major medication 4-5 times in this

duration of 16 years)

>

> Coz of a re-surgery done on my sister in Feb 2004,she is not been

attending her school, we made her appear for her SSC in March 06,so

that atleast she wont lose her year.With Krishna's blessings she has

cleared her SSC in first division.Now hopefully Krishna would shower

his grace on her ,so that she gets into some college and can complete

her studies and be independent in her life.

>

> I humbly request all devotees to pray for my sister so that in

life she can be independent & atleast manage things on her own.

>

> Ohm Namo Narayana

>

> Regards,

> Bindya Suresh

>

>

>

> hparamu <param wrote:

> I read a beautiful story in the Malayalam Astro Spiritual

> Magazine " Jyotisha Ratnam " a few months ago. Reproduced below is a

bad

> translation of mine of the wonderful story.

>

> Once the great sage Narada was passing through a Village. There he

> happened to meet a boy of 15 or 16 years old afflicted with severe

> leprosy. There were wounds all over his body and pus oozing from

his

> wounds. Nobody could go near him because of the bad stench. The

sage

> took compassion on him and went near him. The boy cried to the

sage -

> " Great one, see my condition, everybody has deserted me - my

family,

> friends, relatives do not care for me any more. Even the Lord has

> decided to shun me, Please save me or give me death. " .

>

> Narada replied - " Dear one, I am going to Sri Vaikunta, I'll

appeal

> to the Merciful Lord Narayana and I'm sure he being the ocean of

> compassion will bring relief to you, you are certain to be healed " .

> The boy replied with tears in his eyes - " I am anxiously waiting

for

> your return. Please use your good offices with the Lord to give me

> relief "

>

> Narada left the place and straight away went to Sri Vaikunta. There

he

> narrated the episode to Lord Narayana. The Lord replied - " Narada,

> great is your compassion and concern for the boy, but such are the

> horrendous crimes he commited in his past birth that he has to

suffer

> for those in this way only. He is destined to suffer this entire

life.

> There is no way out Narada, otherwise it'll be a violation of the

laws

> of Karma "

>

> Narada said - " Lord, he is such a young boy, he life is yet to

begin,

> I agree that he has done bad Karma in his past life, but is not

this

> punishment too cruel, have mercy on him Lord " . Lord Narayana

replied -

> " Sorry Narada, I cannot help him, because the magnitude of his bad

> deeds in the past birth are so big to give him even an iota of

relief "

>

> After a lengthy argument, Narada left Sri Vaikunta dejected unable

to

> convince the Lord to help the boy. He did not know what to tell the

> boy who would be anxiously waiting for him. First he decided that

> he'll avoid the boy, later he thought that would be too cruel to

the

> boy already suffering at the hands of fate. He went to the Village,

> seeing the sage coming, the boys eyes shone brightly - " Great Sage,

> what good news do you bring for me ? "

>

> Narada thought for a while, he did not know what to say, after some

> time he gathered himself and told the boy " Dear one, you are sure

to

> be saved shortly, all you have to do is Chant " HARE KRISHNA HARE

> KRISHNA , KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA

> HARE HARE " as many times as possible a day with utmost devotion.

If

> you do this sincerely thinking of the Lord Narayana, it is only a

> matter of time before you are free from your sickness " . The boy

> profusely thanked Narada and Narada left the place with a sense of

> shame in his helplessness.

>

> A few years later Narada was passing through the same village. A

young

> man in his early twenties, with a shining face and resplendence all

> over his body came running towards him and prostrated before him .

> There were tears in his eyes and he said to Narads - " Great one,

I'm

> indebted to you for a million births " . Narada said ' " Who are you,

my

> son , what help have I done to you " . The boy replied - " I am the

> boy whom you met a few years ago afflicted with leprosy, as per

your

> advice , I chanted the Maha Mantra and I got cured completely in a

few

> months time, Now I'm leading a happy family life " . Narada replied -

"

> Thank Lord Narayana, be indebted to him for the rest of your life,