IndiaDivine.org

Especially for Bangalorians ....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Dear All, Please read the following mail (from our Company's VP-HR) and pass it through all your dear ones. Radhe Shyam !... Arun ___________________ Vikas Saxena Monday, July 24, 2006 1:00 PM'all'SHOCKING EXPERIENCE OF VALTECH ENGINEER GANESH GOWTHAM Importance: High Monday 24th July 2006 Dear Colleagues, It is with deep anguish that, I am constrained to share with you, the traumatic experience of one of our colleagues : Mr. Ganesh Gowtham ( Software Engineer in Agefos Project Team ), who was physically attacked, nearly abducted, deprived of his cellphone, and coerced to surrender his UTI-ATM-Debit-Card by unidentified and armed hoodlums who withdrew his entire cash balance ( Rs 15K to Rs 16K ) from his account. We have, hitherto, been reading

reports of similar such gory incidents in the newspapers almost every day. It is only in the early hours of this morning that, one of our colleagues had to personally experience this. Ganesh had returned from Chennai around 4 am, and was walking towards his home, in Ramamurthy Nagar area in Bangalore, when the hoodlums, armed with large knives, and who were perhaps, three or four in number, accosted him, gagged him, dragged him inside the Toyota Qualis vehicle, deprived him of his aforesaid belongings, bruised his finger which bled profusely, and threw him out of the vehicle before speeding away. According to Ganesh, there were two women who were also in the vehicle and who

were apparently victims as well. Ganesh, alongwith his cousin, came to my office, a short while ago, rudely shaken, and after having got first-aid administered to himself in a hospital. He narrated the aforementioned experience, to me and Mr. Milind Kulkarni. I have personally spoken to the Police Commissioner of Bangalore City : Mr. Achutata Rao (IPS) over the phone and

have given him the details of Ganesh's sordid experience at the hands of the hoodlums who are yet to be traced. Mr. Achuta Rao has assured all assistance. In the meanwhile, I have sent our Admin-Executive : Mr. Saravanan alongwith Ganesh and his cousin to the Ramamurthy Nagar Police Station to lodge an FIR, as required. One can only earnestly hope that, the Police will aggressively look into this matter and take all precautionary and deterrent steps to prevent recurrences and apprehend the culprits. Valtechians : this hope can be best realised in a different way and by ourselves to a large extent by subscribing to the adage : 'prevention is better than

cure' !! This ought to get underscored and given due importance by all of us without exception. While Bangalore may be becoming more crime-prone than ever before, it is for each one of us to be extra-vigilant when it comes to protecting our person, life, and property. I thought I would do well to apprise you of this incident. We have assured Ganesh all our support and we hope he will come out of the trauma soon. He is, otherwise, quite ok. Thanks and best wishes, Sincerely, For and on behalf of Valtech India, Vikas Saxena. [Vice-President : Human Resources Development & Administration]

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.