IndiaDivine.org

26/7/2005

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Sree Krishna Dear all Today is 26th

July 2006. This takes me back to 26th July 2005 when flood played havoc in Mumbai. Many people lost their lives at that time as well just like the recent Bomb blast. People died inside the car parked in the flood due to suffocation as they could not open the side glass which got jammed. People fell into the manholes. Many succumbed to death due to various other reasons. I also faced some problem but my Kannan’s blessings were with me. Since it was raining heavily, we were allowed to leave office little early that day. I boarded one train from Churchgate which was about to start. Since I reached at the last moment, I did not have the patience to see the indicator as well. I could however, manage to get a seat. Later I understood that it was a Virar local. The train got heavily packed by the time it reached Bombay Central station. The train was moving at snail pace and it took more than 50 minutes to reach Bombay Central station which is normally covered 12 to 15 minutes. Everyone was offering seat to those who were standing. At Bombay Central there was announcement that trains are running, but with delay. So we all decided to go ahead. After that the train somehow picked up speed and we were all happy. However, by the time it reached between Lower Parel and Elphinston road, the tracks got fully immersed and the motorman could not take it ahead . Then came the announcement that the train will not move ahead until the rain stops and tracks are visible. It was almost 7.00 PM and very dark outside. It also started raining very heavily and water level was rising minute by minute. To add to our horror, the lights in the train also went off. Only one fan was working. The compartment was packed to the brim.

After waiting for more than an hour, many who were staying at Dadar, Bandra etc., started jumping down. Nearby slum dwellers, were helping them by providing ladder etc. All were of the opinion that it is not safe to be in the train and it is better to vacate the same and walk towards Dadar station. However I did not make any attempt to jump and some others (nearly 15 of us) also decided not to jump down especially since it was raining heavily and very dark outside and there were no lights outside. The telephone lines also got jammed.

Somehow I could get in touch with my daughter whoby the grace of God reached home early that day from college. I told her to lock the door, take HIS name and go to sleep as I may not be able to reach home that day. (My husband is working at Riyadh and only myself and daughter stay in Mumbai) I could also get him on line and told him not to worry as HIS blessings are with me. According to me it is HIS prerana that my daughter left for home early that day so that I need not have to atleast worry about her, while spending the whole night in the train, but just chant HIS name I started chanting “Govinda

Govinda” remembering how my KANNAN saved the Gokulam from the flood by lifting the Govardhana Giri. I was sure HE can do any miracle and will be always with me. Here I must say that the slum dwellers did a good job in providing water, biscuit etc., but no one was in a mood to eat. Everyone knows that anything can happen at such occasions in a ladies compartment where there is no guard or anyone to take care. Everyone was awake till late night and afterwards some started sleeping. . However, I continued my chanting of Govinda and also 108 Hari. I was not at all afraid and my only request to HIM was to ensure that the water level does not increase further so

that we can jump down from the train the next day morning and somehow manage to reach home. I was keeping a close watch of the rain and storm outside by standing in the passage. After some time ,some other ladies who were sitting came out and I understood that they are all staying at Borivili. After exchanging some words, I cam back to the seat and continued with my chanting. Slowly slowly, the intensity of rain became less and I heaved a sigh of relief The next day morning, we all jumped from the train and walked towards Dadar station. I thanked HIM a million for taking care of us through out night in the train and also prayed that we all reach home safely. At Dadar, we enquired with Taxi drivers whether they can take us to Borvili and we were ready to pay any amount, but no one was ready to take the risk as it was raining heavily. Finally, one fellow agreed to take us to Borivili for Rs. 700/-. We agreed. We only wanted to reach home at any cost. To our disappointment, it started raining so heavily that he could not take the taxi ahead Bandra. He said there is no point in sitting in the taxi and that it would be better if we start walking so that we can atleast some bus or so. After thanking him for transporting us atleast upto Bandra, we started walking towards Andheri station.No one was

talking to anyone and I am sure everyone at that time was just praying to God to see that we reach home safe.On the way people were offering biscuit, water etc., to those who are walking. Finally we reached Andheri station around 2.30PM. I could get a train to Borivili around 3. PM and from there I took a rick to my house. With HIS blessings only I reached home safely and also my daughter was safe at home. What else I need to reassure my strong faith in HIM A humble devotee Syamala

Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .