IndiaDivine.org

Guru Smarana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

29.7.2006 Dear Krishna devotees Jai Sreekrishna First of all please forgive and pardon me if I am boring you all I am writing this

message as a salute to my teacher who taught me Narayaneeyam. I wanted to send this on Guru Poona day is 11.7. 2006, but could not do so. Her name is “Smt. Nandini Madhvan” from Vasai. Her native place is at Trissur, Kerala. She is now staying at Vasai alongwith her family. Infact she was a teacher in a school in Vasai. At

that time, though Narayaneeyam was very much popular in Central Mumbai, it was not the case in the western suburbs. In Central Suburbs one Smt. Bharati teacher was instrumental for the Narayaneeyam movement (She has taken Sanyasam and presently staying at Trivandrum and also very active in Bhagavata Sapthaham at Guruvayoor temple) My teacher’s sister was also a member of that group. At that time some old ladies from Vasai approached my teacher and requested her to join the class, learn Narayaneeyam and then teach them. Though teacher was little hesitant as she had her teaching profession and also very active in extra curricular activities, she was not that keen. However, these ladies (I must say ardent devotees of Krishna) were after her and finally she said she will give a try. One day she called her sister staying at Dombivili and told her that she would like to meet their Guru Bharati teacher. Accordingly one day she went and met the teacher alongwith her sister and requested her on other’s behalf whether she can come down to Vasai so that she alongwith some others can also learn Narayaneeyam. However, the answer from the teacher was not satisfactory. She said she cannot undertake so much travelling Since my teacher was not very keen in learning Narayaneeyam, the answer did not make any impact on her. However, Bharati teacher was not going to let her go like that. THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED HIS NIYOGAM Bharati teacher asked her to give a Dakshina . After accepting the same, she gave my teacher an audio cassette of her Narayaneeya Parayanam (only parayanam without any meaning). She then blessed her with both hands and told her “ Nandini,. This is HIS wish that you learn Narayaneeyam and also teach others and thus

spread the Mahatmyam of this sacred book to as many people as possible. Guruvayoorappan’s Blessings are with you .He will guide you. My blessings are also with you. You listen to this audio cassette and you will be able to understand the same and then teach others as well. You can always get in touch with me incase you need any help from me. My teacher at that time could not digest anything and she came back with the cassette. That cassette was lying with her for some days unattended as she did not take any initiative to listen to the same. After some days, she could feel someone telling her “Nandini, listen to the cassette at least once”. If you do not find interest leave it. Then she decided to give it a try. She listened to the same once, and then she felt like listening to the same for

the second time. Then she started finding time from her busy schedule to listen to the same more often. This went on till one fine day she took up the decision to leave the job and spent full time learning Narayaneeyam. Her husband is a doctor and he gave her full support. Bharati teacher was always there to guide her on phone. Thus with the BLESSINGS of Shri Guruvayoorappan and Bharati teacher, she learnt Narayaneeyam and started teaching others. From then, there is no looking back. Since last several years, she has been conducting Narayaneeyam class at Vasai , Nallasopara, Virar , Mirar Road etc. She is busy all days of the week including Sunday spreading HIS grace. The main point to be noted is that she is doing this without any monetary gain. She does not even accept fees. Sampoorna Narayaneeyam is now being conducted at Vasai temple almost every day ( as vazhipadu of devotees) . Sampoorna Narayaneeyam with all poojas is held on

Narayaneeya dinam. Also Poonthnam day is celebrated on a wide scale. The lady behind all these changes is none else than Smt. Nandini Madhavan” . She also composed a book of her own of devotional songs on Lord Krishna. The first Narayaneeyam Saptaham was also conducted by her at Vasai temple in April 2005. Thereafter she conducted Narayaneeha saptaham at a Narasimha swamy temple at Kani Mangalam. This year also she conducted three Narayaneeya Saptaham at Kerala. She also got the chance to read Bhagavatham before Lord Guruvayoorappan alongwih her Guru last year.

As for me, it was only my KANNAN's blessings that I could learn Narayaneeyam from her. Infact the first batch at Mirar road was over in year 2000 which I could not attend. I did contact her a couple of occasions after that informing her about my desired to learn Narayaneeyam from her. But she said now that one batch is over , she has no intention to come down to Mirar road and start with another batch. I consoled myself that it is HIS wish. If HE wants me to learn Narayaneeyam HE will definitely give me a chance. Next time when I went to Shri Guruvayoor temple, I had taken a decision. I prayed before HIM and said I shall start with the Narayaneeyam myself and if any mistakes are there, HE will have to pardon me. While I was standing in the queue for HIS dashing chanting HIS name, a thought came to me. Why not make a humble request to the author of the book itself “Shri Melpathurji" That day when

I reached the place where Shri Bhattathiripaddu sat along with his brother and wrote “Narayaneeyam” I offered my humble pranam and also a dakshina with all sincerety in mind and desire to learn the book. I then had my darshanam of Kannan. This was in the year 2002. After coming back to Mumabi, I went to Vasai temple once. Teacher was standing before Krishna and praying. After darshan, I waited till she finishes her prayer so that I can request her once again. I saw her turning around and walked towards her. No one will believe, even without my asking, she told me “Syamala” you are lucky, I have decided to start one more batch at Mirar road from June. Be in touch. I shall let you know the date. I could not believe my ears

and bowed before her and said “Thank you teacher”. She told me “Thank Sree Krishna” as I could not have taken this decision without his prerana. I suddenly bowed before HIM and returned home happily. This incident made my faith in HIM still stronger. On 22nd June 2002, the class started. (Only on

Sundays as almost all are office goers) In between I also had the occasion to go to VRIANADAVAN along with my teacher n 2004. In 2005 March I had my first sampoornam. Guruvayoorappan is so kind that now after a gap of one year, I am now attending another batch of Narayaneeyam and Bhagavat Gita conducted by my teacher on every Sundays at Mirar road. (the class started first week June) I believe, it is the recommendation of Shri Melpathurji” that worked. It is

rightly said to get HIS Blessings fast, the easy way is “Bhakante Kalu Pidikkuka” Regards Syamala

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.