IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] personal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Balagopal,

Please give the full name a GURUVAYUR instead of abbreviation because it makes lot of

difference, this is only my humble view. We should not Americanize or SMSise our own Hindu traditions

and culture.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 8/1/06, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

HARI AUMWith the permission of our moderator Shree Sunil MenonI am posting this info.Kindly do the needfulRegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANADear Balagopal,

I visited the website and it seems they have reachedthe fund raising goal. That is good news. As it is a community related event, you may post itto the group. I generally suggests to avoidcontroversial or extreme subjects.

RegardsSunil.- Balagopal R

sunil Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:24 AMpersonalHARI AUMDear Shree Sunil,Sidharth, s/o Mrs Devika Rajan is attempting a verylaudable adventure. The matter below details the

programme.Devika and me are alumni at Kendriya VidyalayaErnakulam.Kindly pass this to as many as possible.I have deliberately not posted this in our GVR forumdirectly since we need to keep it focussed to matters

most related directly or indirectly to our Lord atGVR.If you feel that the necessary part of the mail can besend to any of the forum members directly you shall doit so.Hope you will bear with me for the trouble.

RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 devika rajan wrote :> >Dear friends,> >Hello everyone. Hope all of you are fine. This mail

> is> >regarding my son, Siddharth.> >> >Siddhu is attempting to be part of the first human> >powered journey (walking, skiing, sailing and> cycling)> > from the South Pole to the North Pole. This

> expedition> >is being organized by the Pole To Pole Leadership> >Institute, founded by Martyn Williams, a renowned> >adventurer.> >> >In November 2006, 12 people chosen by the Institute

> >will embark on this odyssey. They will complete the> >regular Antarctic expedition in reverse, from the> Pole> >to the coast. They will then sail to Africa. In> Africa> >they will be involved with various humanitarian and

> >environmental projects, as they journey their way> up> >north. Halfway through Africa they will handover> their> >responsibilities to another team of 12, who will> >continue up into Europe and trek all the way to the

> >North Pole. In the year 2000, the Institute had> done a> >similar expedition from the North to the South> Pole.> >> >If chosen for the first expedition team, Siddharth

> >will be the first Indian to complete a true> Antarctic> >expedition (from the coast to the Pole) albeit in> >reverse. If chosen for the second team, he will be> the> >first Indian to complete a true Arctic expedition

> >(skiing from the mainland to the Pole). Siddharth's> >chances look good, as he has met all the> application> >requirements, and HIS PERSONAL WEB PAGE HAS ALSO> BEEN> >SELECTED BY THE INSTITUTE AS ONE OF THE TOP FIVE

> FROM> >APPLICANTS FROM 50 COUNTRIES. He is currently> awaiting> >the names of the short-listed candidates, to be> >announced on August 7, 2006. Until then, he is> >training hard in Australia, where he is currently

> >studying.> >> >Siddharth is an avid unicyclist and has completed> many> >ultra endurance unicycle rides. HIS NAME FIGURES IN> >THE SINGAPORE BOOK OF RECORDS for three records

> >created in unicycling. He is no mean athlete too,> and> >has run a marathon in Singapore in 2004. In January> >2006, he rode 500km through Laos with 18 other> >unicyclists to raise money for the needy people

> there.> >A similar plan to unicycle from Kashmir to> >Kanniyakumari to raise money for the tsunami> victims> >had to be shelved after he sustained an injury.> After

> >the Pole to Pole expedition he plans to embark on> his> >biggest project yet. He plans to unicycle from> Delhi> >to Lahore for peace.> >> >To ensure his chances of being one of the selected

> >members of the Pole to Pole application, Siddharth> >needs your help. PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT TO HIM> BY> >SIGNING HIS GUEST BOOK AT www.supportsid.com

> (Please> >see the top right side of the page for the link).> >Through your signing up, he will be able to show> the> >Institute that he has the backing of so many> people,

> >who feel that it is imperative that he be part of> the> >expedition.> >> >If you can, and wish, to make a contribution to the> >Pole to Pole Institute for their environmental and

> >humanitarian projects, please also do so, as a> >supporter of Siddharth by clicking on the link by> the> >side of the moving screen on www.supportsid.com

..> This> >will also add to his chances of selection.(The> >Institute accepts contribution by credit card, of> >US$25 or more.) All contributions go directly to> the> >Institute to fund their humanitarian projects.

> >> >You may also access the site of the Pole To Pole> >Institute from this page.> >> >Thank you so much for being patient enough to read> >through all this, and hoping to see your signature

> on> >Siddharth's site.> >Pl forward this to your friends, so that Siddhu can> >gather signatures from all across the world.> >Regards,> >Devika(Raghavan) Rajan

> >________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./ -- dotcompals:

www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Nemes for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

HARI AUM

Dear Shree Krishna Prasad,

I fully appreciate your spirit towards our Hindu

Traditions.

One among the greatness of our tradition is that we

imbibe lot many from other cultures, civilsations and

territories.

Due to this inherent nature in an Indian, he remains

rooted to his Faith at all places, times, situations

and conditions.

The contribution America is making in the field of

bettering our physical and material existence is

commendable.

The electricity we use, the automobile we use, the

communications channels like telephone, internet and

any number of material things we use daily are all

invented and put to use by enterprising persons of

that country.

Let us make our Faith deeper and enduring and strongly

believe that it will not be swept away by the way we

handle the external world.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- Krishna Prasad <rkrishp99 wrote:

> Hari OM!

>

> Dear Balagopal,

>

> Please give the full name a GURUVAYUR instead of

> abbreviation because it

> makes lot of

> difference, this is only my humble view. We should

> not Americanize or SMSise

> our own Hindu traditions

> and culture.

>

> With Love & OM!

>

> Krishna Prasad

>

>

> On 8/1/06, balagopal ramakrishnan

> <rbalpal wrote:

> >

> > HARI AUM

> >

> > With the permission of our moderator Shree Sunil

> Menon

> > I am posting this info.

> >

> > Kindly do the needful

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Balagopal

> >

> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> >

> > Dear Balagopal,

> >

> > I visited the website and it seems they have

> reached

> > the fund raising goal. That is good news.

> >

> > As it is a community related event, you may post

> it

> > to the group. I generally suggests to avoid

> > controversial or extreme subjects.

> >

> >

> > Regards

> > Sunil.

> > -

> > Balagopal R

> > sunil <sunil%40guruvayoor.com>

> > Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:24 AM

> > personal

> >

> > HARI AUM

> >

> > Dear Shree Sunil,

> >

> > Sidharth, s/o Mrs Devika Rajan is attempting a

> very

> > laudable adventure. The matter below details the

> > programme.

> >

> > Devika and me are alumni at Kendriya Vidyalaya

> > Ernakulam.

> >

> > Kindly pass this to as many as possible.

> >

> > I have deliberately not posted this in our GVR

> forum

> > directly since we need to keep it focussed to

> matters

> > most related directly or indirectly to our Lord at

> > GVR.

> >

> > If you feel that the necessary part of the mail

> can be

> > send to any of the forum members directly you

> shall do

> > it so.

> >

> > Hope you will bear with me for the trouble.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Balagopal

> >

> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 devika rajan wrote :

> > > >Dear friends,

> > > >Hello everyone. Hope all of you are fine. This

> mail

> > > is

> > > >regarding my son, Siddharth.

> > > >

> > > >Siddhu is attempting to be part of the first

> human

> > > >powered journey (walking, skiing, sailing and

> > > cycling)

> > > > from the South Pole to the North Pole. This

> > > expedition

> > > >is being organized by the Pole To Pole

> Leadership

> > > >Institute, founded by Martyn Williams, a

> renowned

> > > >adventurer.

> > > >

> > > >In November 2006, 12 people chosen by the

> Institute

> > > >will embark on this odyssey. They will complete

> the

> > > >regular Antarctic expedition in reverse, from

> the

> > > Pole

> > > >to the coast. They will then sail to Africa. In

> > > Africa

> > > >they will be involved with various humanitarian

> and

> > > >environmental projects, as they journey their

> way

> > > up

> > > >north. Halfway through Africa they will

> handover

> > > their

> > > >responsibilities to another team of 12, who

> will

> > > >continue up into Europe and trek all the way to

> the

> > > >North Pole. In the year 2000, the Institute had

> > > done a

> > > >similar expedition from the North to the South

> > > Pole.

> > > >

> > > >If chosen for the first expedition team,

> Siddharth

> > > >will be the first Indian to complete a true

> > > Antarctic

> > > >expedition (from the coast to the Pole) albeit

> in

> > > >reverse. If chosen for the second team, he will

> be

> > > the

> > > >first Indian to complete a true Arctic

> expedition

> > > >(skiing from the mainland to the Pole).

> Siddharth's

> > > >chances look good, as he has met all the

> > > application

> > > >requirements, and HIS PERSONAL WEB PAGE HAS

> ALSO

> > > BEEN

> > > >SELECTED BY THE INSTITUTE AS ONE OF THE TOP

> FIVE

> > > FROM

> > > >APPLICANTS FROM 50 COUNTRIES. He is currently

> > > awaiting

> > > >the names of the short-listed candidates, to be

> > > >announced on August 7, 2006. Until then, he is

> > > >training hard in Australia, where he is

> currently

> > > >studying.

> > > >

> > > >Siddharth is an avid unicyclist and has

> completed

> > > many

> > > >ultra endurance unicycle rides. HIS NAME

> FIGURES IN

> > > >THE SINGAPORE BOOK OF RECORDS for three records

> > > >created in unicycling. He is no mean athlete

> too,

> > > and

> > > >has run a marathon in Singapore in 2004. In

> January

> > > >2006, he rode 500km through Laos with 18 other

> > > >unicyclists to raise money for the needy people

> > > there.

> > > >A similar plan to unicycle from Kashmir to

> > > >Kanniyakumari to raise money for the tsunami

> > > victims

> > > >had to be shelved after he sustained an injury.

> > > After

> > > >the Pole to Pole expedition he plans to embark

> on

> > > his

> > > >biggest project yet. He plans to unicycle from

> > > Delhi

> > > >to Lahore for peace.

> > > >

> > > >To ensure his chances of being one of the

> selected

> > > >members of the Pole to Pole application,

> Siddharth

> > > >needs your help. PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT TO

> HIM

> > > BY

> > > >SIGNING HIS GUEST BOOK AT www.supportsid.com

> > > (Please

> > > >see the top right side of the page for the

> link).

>

=== message truncated ===

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Guest guest

I wonder in what way the abbreviation GVR is affecting when it is specially mentioned GVR forum as the same won't go to any other forum.We use such abbreviations for everso many things.It has nothing to do with Americanising or SMS as always mentioning the full thing GURUVAYUR may not possible as that makes no sense when we are dealing with the group.So a short cut in mentioning GVR is in way going to affect the traditions and it is only a wishful thinking.balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Shree Krishna Prasad,I fully appreciate your spirit towards our HinduTraditions.One among the greatness of our tradition is that weimbibe lot many from other cultures, civilsations andterritories.Due to this inherent nature in an Indian, he remainsrooted to his Faith at all places, times, situationsand conditions.The contribution America is making in the field ofbettering our physical and material existence iscommendable. The electricity we use, the automobile we use, thecommunications channels like telephone, internet andany number of material things we use daily are allinvented and put to use by enterprising persons ofthat country.Let us make our Faith deeper and enduring and stronglybelieve that it will not be swept away by the way wehandle the external

world.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA--- Krishna Prasad <rkrishp99 > wrote:> Hari OM!> > Dear Balagopal,> > Please give the full name a GURUVAYUR instead of> abbreviation because it> makes lot of> difference, this is only my humble view. We should> not Americanize or SMSise> our own Hindu traditions> and culture.> > With Love & OM!> > Krishna Prasad> > > On 8/1/06, balagopal ramakrishnan> <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> >> > HARI AUM> >> > With the permission of our moderator Shree Sunil> Menon> > I am posting this info.> >> > Kindly do the needful> >> > Regards> >>

> Balagopal> >> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> >> > Dear Balagopal,> >> > I visited the website and it seems they have> reached> > the fund raising goal. That is good news.> >> > As it is a community related event, you may post> it> > to the group. I generally suggests to avoid> > controversial or extreme subjects.> >> >> > Regards> > Sunil.> > -> > Balagopal R> > sunil (AT) guruvayoor (DOT) com <sunil%40guruvayoor.com>> > Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:24 AM> > personal> >> > HARI AUM> >> > Dear Shree Sunil,> >> > Sidharth, s/o Mrs Devika Rajan is attempting a> very> > laudable adventure.

The matter below details the> > programme.> >> > Devika and me are alumni at Kendriya Vidyalaya> > Ernakulam.> >> > Kindly pass this to as many as possible.> >> > I have deliberately not posted this in our GVR> forum> > directly since we need to keep it focussed to> matters> > most related directly or indirectly to our Lord at> > GVR.> >> > If you feel that the necessary part of the mail> can be> > send to any of the forum members directly you> shall do> > it so.> >> > Hope you will bear with me for the trouble.> >> > Regards> >> > Balagopal> >> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> >> > >> > >> > > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 devika rajan wrote :> > > >Dear

friends,> > > >Hello everyone. Hope all of you are fine. This> mail> > > is> > > >regarding my son, Siddharth.> > > >> > > >Siddhu is attempting to be part of the first> human> > > >powered journey (walking, skiing, sailing and> > > cycling)> > > > from the South Pole to the North Pole. This> > > expedition> > > >is being organized by the Pole To Pole> Leadership> > > >Institute, founded by Martyn Williams, a> renowned> > > >adventurer.> > > >> > > >In November 2006, 12 people chosen by the> Institute> > > >will embark on this odyssey. They will complete> the> > > >regular Antarctic expedition in reverse, from> the> > > Pole> > > >to the coast. They will

then sail to Africa. In> > > Africa> > > >they will be involved with various humanitarian> and> > > >environmental projects, as they journey their> way> > > up> > > >north. Halfway through Africa they will> handover> > > their> > > >responsibilities to another team of 12, who> will> > > >continue up into Europe and trek all the way to> the> > > >North Pole. In the year 2000, the Institute had> > > done a> > > >similar expedition from the North to the South> > > Pole.> > > >> > > >If chosen for the first expedition team,> Siddharth> > > >will be the first Indian to complete a true> > > Antarctic> > > >expedition (from the coast to the Pole) albeit> in> > >

>reverse. If chosen for the second team, he will> be> > > the> > > >first Indian to complete a true Arctic> expedition> > > >(skiing from the mainland to the Pole).> Siddharth's> > > >chances look good, as he has met all the> > > application> > > >requirements, and HIS PERSONAL WEB PAGE HAS> ALSO> > > BEEN> > > >SELECTED BY THE INSTITUTE AS ONE OF THE TOP> FIVE> > > FROM> > > >APPLICANTS FROM 50 COUNTRIES. He is currently> > > awaiting> > > >the names of the short-listed candidates, to be> > > >announced on August 7, 2006. Until then, he is> > > >training hard in Australia, where he is> currently> > > >studying.> > > >> > > >Siddharth is an avid unicyclist and has>

completed> > > many> > > >ultra endurance unicycle rides. HIS NAME> FIGURES IN> > > >THE SINGAPORE BOOK OF RECORDS for three records> > > >created in unicycling. He is no mean athlete> too,> > > and> > > >has run a marathon in Singapore in 2004. In> January> > > >2006, he rode 500km through Laos with 18 other> > > >unicyclists to raise money for the needy people> > > there.> > > >A similar plan to unicycle from Kashmir to> > > >Kanniyakumari to raise money for the tsunami> > > victims> > > >had to be shelved after he sustained an injury.> > > After> > > >the Pole to Pole expedition he plans to embark> on> > > his> > > >biggest project yet. He plans to unicycle from> > > Delhi>

> > >to Lahore for peace.> > > >> > > >To ensure his chances of being one of the> selected> > > >members of the Pole to Pole application,> Siddharth> > > >needs your help. PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT TO> HIM> > > BY> > > >SIGNING HIS GUEST BOOK AT www.supportsid.com> > > (Please> > > >see the top right side of the page for the> link).> === message truncated ===________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Guest guest

I agree with Ganapathy Raman. As long as the message

is conveyed correctly (without distortion), there

shouldnt be any problem.

-sriram

========

--- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

> I wonder in what way the abbreviation GVR is

> affecting when it is specially mentioned GVR forum

> as the same won't go to any other forum.We use such

> abbreviations for everso many things.It has nothing

> to do with Americanising or SMS as always mentioning

> the full thing GURUVAYUR may not possible as that

> makes no sense when we are dealing with the group.So

> a short cut in mentioning GVR is in way going to

> affect the traditions and it is only a wishful

> thinking.

>

> balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> HARI AUM

>

> Dear Shree Krishna Prasad,

>

> I fully appreciate your spirit towards our Hindu

> Traditions.

> One among the greatness of our tradition is that we

> imbibe lot many from other cultures, civilsations

> and

> territories.

> Due to this inherent nature in an Indian, he remains

> rooted to his Faith at all places, times, situations

> and conditions.

> The contribution America is making in the field of

> bettering our physical and material existence is

> commendable.

> The electricity we use, the automobile we use, the

> communications channels like telephone, internet and

> any number of material things we use daily are all

> invented and put to use by enterprising persons of

> that country.

>

> Let us make our Faith deeper and enduring and

> strongly

> believe that it will not be swept away by the way we

> handle the external world.

>

> Regards

>

> Balagopal

>

> NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

>

> --- Krishna Prasad <rkrishp99 wrote:

>

> > Hari OM!

> >

> > Dear Balagopal,

> >

> > Please give the full name a GURUVAYUR instead of

> > abbreviation because it

> > makes lot of

> > difference, this is only my humble view. We should

> > not Americanize or SMSise

> > our own Hindu traditions

> > and culture.

> >

> > With Love & OM!

> >

> > Krishna Prasad

> >

> >

> > On 8/1/06, balagopal ramakrishnan

> > <rbalpal wrote:

> > >

> > > HARI AUM

> > >

> > > With the permission of our moderator Shree Sunil

> > Menon

> > > I am posting this info.

> > >

> > > Kindly do the needful

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Balagopal

> > >

> > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> > >

> > > Dear Balagopal,

> > >

> > > I visited the website and it seems they have

> > reached

> > > the fund raising goal. That is good news.

> > >

> > > As it is a community related event, you may post

> > it

> > > to the group. I generally suggests to avoid

> > > controversial or extreme subjects.

> > >

> > >

> > > Regards

> > > Sunil.

> > > -

> > > Balagopal R

> > > sunil

> <sunil%40guruvayoor.com>

> > > Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:24 AM

> > > personal

> > >

> > > HARI AUM

> > >

> > > Dear Shree Sunil,

> > >

> > > Sidharth, s/o Mrs Devika Rajan is attempting a

> > very

> > > laudable adventure. The matter below details the

> > > programme.

> > >

> > > Devika and me are alumni at Kendriya Vidyalaya

> > > Ernakulam.

> > >

> > > Kindly pass this to as many as possible.

> > >

> > > I have deliberately not posted this in our GVR

> > forum

> > > directly since we need to keep it focussed to

> > matters

> > > most related directly or indirectly to our Lord

> at

> > > GVR.

> > >

> > > If you feel that the necessary part of the mail

> > can be

> > > send to any of the forum members directly you

> > shall do

> > > it so.

> > >

> > > Hope you will bear with me for the trouble.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Balagopal

> > >

> > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 devika rajan wrote :

> > > > >Dear friends,

> > > > >Hello everyone. Hope all of you are fine.

> This

> > mail

> > > > is

> > > > >regarding my son, Siddharth.

> > > > >

> > > > >Siddhu is attempting to be part of the first

> > human

> > > > >powered journey (walking, skiing, sailing and

> > > > cycling)

> > > > > from the South Pole to the North Pole. This

> > > > expedition

> > > > >is being organized by the Pole To Pole

> > Leadership

> > > > >Institute, founded by Martyn Williams, a

> > renowned

> > > > >adventurer.

> > > > >

> > > > >In November 2006, 12 people chosen by the

> > Institute

> > > > >will embark on this odyssey. They will

> complete

> > the

> > > > >regular Antarctic expedition in reverse, from

> > the

> > > > Pole

> > > > >to the coast. They will then sail to Africa.

> In

> > > > Africa

> > > > >they will be involved with various

> humanitarian

> > and

> > > > >environmental projects, as they journey their

> > way

> > > > up

> > > > >north. Halfway through Africa they will

> > handover

> > > > their

> > > > >responsibilities to another team of 12, who

> > will

> > > > >continue up into Europe and trek all the way

> to

> > the

> > > > >North Pole. In the year 2000, the Institute

> had

> > > > done a

> > > > >similar expedition from the North to the

> South

> > > > Pole.

> > > > >

> > > > >If chosen for the first expedition team,

> > Siddharth

> > > > >will be the first Indian to complete a true

> > > > Antarctic

> > > > >expedition (from the coast to the Pole)

> albeit

> > in

> > > > >reverse. If chosen for the second team, he

> will

>

=== message truncated ===