IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Ramayanamasam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari Om!

Great to know that you have completed the parayanam.

My father used to read the Ramayanam and I remember

his explanation-I was 6 or 7 then- especially on how

sad Sri Rama was when Lakshmana was injured in the

battle.I also remember how sad I was listening to it!

But as soon as Hanuman brought the mountain in his one

hand, I was elated and he became my hero. Now my sons

(8 and 4) consider Hanuman as their hero and the

little one pretends that he too has a tail just like

his hero has!.

I am just a beginner and I am seeking your blessings

to continue with my spiritual interests. Please pardon

all my shortcomings in Sri Rama's and Hanuman's name.

I think it is traditional to celebrate Pattabhishekam

with a pooja and preparation of payasam, etc. I hope

to do that in a couple of days. I am not sure if

people read Uttara Ramayanam as a part of the Ramayana

masam. May be some one can advice!.

Hari Om! Sri Rama Jayam.

sasnEham

Sukumar

--- Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

>

> With due respect to all, I want to thank Dr. Sukumar

> for

>

> completing my Ramayanam reading that too in this

> Karkidaka

>

> masam. I am yet to complete the Utharakandam as the

> printed

>

> weblokam page is not available and can only listen

> to the

>

> melodious alapanam by Dr. Sukumar. I want to touch

> your feet

>

> physically for blessings but unable to do so and

> hence doing

>

> the same mentally. Please accept my pranamams.

> You, and the editorial board must be busy with

> the next edition of Navaneetham

> which I am eagerly looking forward to as

> Chingamasam is famous for all good things

>

> Thanks to Sunil for quelling the discussion

> about Bhakthi yoga. How aptly you said that " all

> are right " . If I were the moderator, I do not know

> what will be my response. I am sure all will agree

> that we have a good, sensible moderator to lead us

> forward in our quest to get salvation. I am looking

> forward for the second part about Gothra from you.

> Group discussion is great and that will throw some

> light and understanding for ignorant people like me.

> But not finger pointing.

> Bhakthi is good. Blind Bhakthi I do not know. Let

> us not fall into the category of the four blind

> people trying to define the ELEPHANT. Here I mean

> GOD.

> I do not know whether I am a vaishnava or any

> other sect. But I know I am a human with all

> limitations. I have heard THAAN PAATHI - DEIVAM

> PAATHI. If we do our half rightly, GOD will help us

> to reap the full result if we are lucky. But at

> least we will have satisfaction that we did our

> part. Naama japa or Likhitha Namajapa, is only a

> push for the LIFE BOAT to cross the Samsara sagaram.

> To navigate the boat we not only need the skill to

> keep it aloft but more for moving the same to the

> shore. We need help from the nature that is GOD.

> We all learn from our own parents first and

> their teachings lead us to the great future. In turn

> be a good parent to the next generation.

> Finally I was told that Lord Guruvayoorappan

> was more pleased with the BHAKTHI of Poonthanam than

> the VIBHAKTHI of Bhattathiri. I like to hear and

> recite Jnanapana more often as it is very simple and

> easy to understand. But for those who want to go

> deep into, there are plenty of slokas to quote.

> onnu kondaRiyeNam randinte phalaphalam etc.

> Is it about Advaitha or Dwaitha?? Oh I do not

> want to reopen again.

> Looking forward for the next issue of Navaneetham

> Pizhayakilum, Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam

> Kaniyuka En Bhagavane.

> Chandra Sekharan Menon

>

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Namaste Sukumar ji,

Very well appreciate your idea of celebrating "Sri Rama Pattabhishekham". This being a very unique part of this great epic, demands its fulfillment in full charm. In the northern India, I have known people requesting temple priests to accomplish this job thereby inviting neighbors & relatives to earn the blessings of Lord Ramachandra with his consort Sita devi - adored as the King & Queen of earth.

Regarding Uttara Ramayanam, most of us tame an ill-belief of not reciting it at home especially. If so, that is not an auspicious practice to my understanding & experience. Otherwise, there was no reason for Valmiki to put a himalayan effort & document this last module into the epic. Possibly, the devotees are not in the position to read the separation of their Lord with his consort. Terminating Ramayana parayanam with Rama pattabhishekam is not advised by our great saints also. A devotee should invest a good amount of energy & patience to have a true understanding of Rama-Sita relationship in as mentioned in the uttarakandam. This will really help all of us in justifying "Ramayana parayanam" effectively followed in karkidekkam.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of alady sukumarWednesday, August 09, 2006 11:53 PMguruvayur Subject: Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Ramayanamasam

Hari Om!Great to know that you have completed the parayanam.My father used to read the Ramayanam and I rememberhis explanation-I was 6 or 7 then- especially on howsad Sri Rama was when Lakshmana was injured in thebattle.I also remember how sad I was listening to it!But as soon as Hanuman brought the mountain in his onehand, I was elated and he became my hero. Now my sons(8 and 4) consider Hanuman as their hero and thelittle one pretends that he too has a tail just likehis hero has!. I am just a beginner and I am seeking your blessingsto continue with my spiritual interests. Please pardonall my shortcomings in Sri Rama's and Hanuman's name.I think it is traditional to celebrate Pattabhishekamwith a pooja and preparation of payasam, etc. I hopeto do that in a couple of days. I am not sure ifpeople read Uttara Ramayanam as a part of the Ramayanamasam. May be some one can advice!.Hari Om! Sri Rama Jayam.sasnEhamSukumar--- Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 > wrote:> > With due respect to all, I want to thank Dr. Sukumar> for> > completing my Ramayanam reading that too in this> Karkidaka > > masam. I am yet to complete the Utharakandam as the> printed > > weblokam page is not available and can only listen> to the > > melodious alapanam by Dr. Sukumar. I want to touch> your feet> > physically for blessings but unable to do so and> hence doing > > the same mentally. Please accept my pranamams. > You, and the editorial board must be busy with> the next edition of Navaneetham > which I am eagerly looking forward to as> Chingamasam is famous for all good things> > Thanks to Sunil for quelling the discussion> about Bhakthi yoga. How aptly you said that " all> are right". If I were the moderator, I do not know> what will be my response. I am sure all will agree> that we have a good, sensible moderator to lead us> forward in our quest to get salvation. I am looking> forward for the second part about Gothra from you. > Group discussion is great and that will throw some> light and understanding for ignorant people like me.> But not finger pointing. > Bhakthi is good. Blind Bhakthi I do not know. Let> us not fall into the category of the four blind> people trying to define the ELEPHANT. Here I mean> GOD. > I do not know whether I am a vaishnava or any> other sect. But I know I am a human with all> limitations. I have heard THAAN PAATHI - DEIVAM> PAATHI. If we do our half rightly, GOD will help us> to reap the full result if we are lucky. But at> least we will have satisfaction that we did our> part. Naama japa or Likhitha Namajapa, is only a> push for the LIFE BOAT to cross the Samsara sagaram.> To navigate the boat we not only need the skill to> keep it aloft but more for moving the same to the> shore. We need help from the nature that is GOD. > We all learn from our own parents first and> their teachings lead us to the great future. In turn> be a good parent to the next generation.> Finally I was told that Lord Guruvayoorappan> was more pleased with the BHAKTHI of Poonthanam than> the VIBHAKTHI of Bhattathiri. I like to hear and> recite Jnanapana more often as it is very simple and> easy to understand. But for those who want to go> deep into, there are plenty of slokas to quote. > onnu kondaRiyeNam randinte phalaphalam etc.> Is it about Advaitha or Dwaitha?? Oh I do not> want to reopen again. > Looking forward for the next issue of Navaneetham> Pizhayakilum, Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam> Kaniyuka En Bhagavane.> Chandra Sekharan Menon>

Dear Sukumarji & Vinodji I have yet not reached Sreerama Pattabhishekam. I also make payasam, avil appam etc. as nivedyaam when I read this part. Also I celebrate the birth and Swayamvaram of Sree Rama with sweets. As a matter of fact, I do not read Uttara Kandam . It is not because I have any ill feeling, but I would like to conclude my parayanam with the Pattabhishekam. That is all. However, I did read Uttara Ramayaman once just out of curiosity. It is very informative like how Sree Ram has to part with Lakshman etc. Due to lack of time, I could not read it for a second time till now Sincerely Syamala"PS, Vinod K (GE Infra, Energy)" <vinod.ps wrote: !! Sri Rama Jayam !! Namaste Sukumar ji, Very well appreciate your idea of celebrating "Sri Rama

Pattabhishekham". This being a very unique part of this great epic, demands its fulfillment in full charm. In the northern India, I have known people requesting temple priests to accomplish this job thereby inviting neighbors & relatives to earn the blessings of Lord Ramachandra with his consort Sita devi - adored as the King & Queen of earth. Regarding Uttara Ramayanam, most of us tame an ill-belief of not reciting it at home especially. If so, that is not an auspicious practice to my understanding & experience. Otherwise, there was no reason for Valmiki to put a himalayan effort & document this last module into the epic. Possibly, the devotees are not in the position to read the separation of their Lord with his consort. Terminating

Ramayana parayanam with Rama pattabhishekam is not advised by our great saints also. A devotee should invest a good amount of energy & patience to have a true understanding of Rama-Sita relationship in as mentioned in the uttarakandam. This will really help all of us in justifying "Ramayana parayanam" effectively followed in karkidekkam. Hare Krishna Hare Rama guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of alady sukumarWednesday, August 09, 2006 11:53 PMguruvayur Subject: Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Ramayanamasam Hari Om!Great to know that you have completed the parayanam.My father used to read the Ramayanam and I rememberhis explanation-I was 6 or 7 then- especially on howsad Sri Rama was when Lakshmana was injured in thebattle.I also remember how sad I was listening to it!But as soon as Hanuman brought the mountain in his onehand, I was elated and he became my hero. Now my sons(8 and 4) consider Hanuman as their hero and thelittle one pretends that he too has a

tail just likehis hero has!. I am just a beginner and I am seeking your blessingsto continue with my spiritual interests. Please pardonall my shortcomings in Sri Rama's and Hanuman's name.I think it is traditional to celebrate Pattabhishekamwith a pooja and preparation of payasam, etc. I hopeto do that in a couple of days. I am not sure ifpeople read Uttara Ramayanam as a part of the Ramayanamasam. May be some one can advice!.Hari Om! Sri Rama Jayam.sasnEhamSukumar--- Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 > wrote:> > With due respect to all, I want to thank Dr. Sukumar> for> > completing my Ramayanam reading that too in this> Karkidaka > > masam. I am yet to complete the Utharakandam as the> printed > > weblokam page is not available and can only listen>

to the > > melodious alapanam by Dr. Sukumar. I want to touch> your feet> > physically for blessings but unable to do so and> hence doing > > the same mentally. Please accept my pranamams. > You, and the editorial board must be busy with> the next edition of Navaneetham > which I am eagerly looking forward to as> Chingamasam is famous for all good things> > Thanks to Sunil for quelling the discussion> about Bhakthi yoga. How aptly you said that " all> are right". If I were the moderator, I do not know> what will be my response. I am sure all will agree> that we have a good, sensible moderator to lead us> forward in our quest to get salvation. I am looking> forward for the second part about Gothra from you. > Group discussion is great and that will throw some> light and understanding for ignorant people like me.>

But not finger pointing. > Bhakthi is good. Blind Bhakthi I do not know. Let> us not fall into the category of the four blind> people trying to define the ELEPHANT. Here I mean> GOD. > I do not know whether I am a vaishnava or any> other sect. But I know I am a human with all> limitations. I have heard THAAN PAATHI - DEIVAM> PAATHI. If we do our half rightly, GOD will help us> to reap the full result if we are lucky. But at> least we will have satisfaction that we did our> part. Naama japa or Likhitha Namajapa, is only a> push for the LIFE BOAT to cross the Samsara sagaram.> To navigate the boat we not only need the skill to> keep it aloft but more for moving the same to the> shore. We need help from the nature that is GOD. > We all learn from our own parents first and> their teachings lead us to the great future. In turn> be a good parent to the

next generation.> Finally I was told that Lord Guruvayoorappan> was more pleased with the BHAKTHI of Poonthanam than> the VIBHAKTHI of Bhattathiri. I like to hear and> recite Jnanapana more often as it is very simple and> easy to understand. But for those who want to go> deep into, there are plenty of slokas to quote. > onnu kondaRiyeNam randinte phalaphalam etc.> Is it about Advaitha or Dwaitha?? Oh I do not> want to reopen again. > Looking forward for the next issue of Navaneetham> Pizhayakilum, Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam> Kaniyuka En Bhagavane.> Chandra Sekharan Menon>

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Jai Sreekrishna Dear Chandra Sekharji I agree with you fully. We must be really thankful to Kannan that we have a moderator like Shri Sunilji. Hats off to him. From the bottom of my heart, I wish him all success in his great endeavor to make this Guruvayoor forum a great success (which already it is in a short span of just 5 years) . May Almighty God bestow him with Ayur Arogya Saukhyam. Since I do not have any knowledge on this Dwaitha ot Adwaitha, I just would like to be silent on this issue. Only thing I know for sure is that I like to chant my Kannan's name anywhere, anytime which I am able to do with HIS krupa. What else I need. I have had a very bad time in life, but it was only my firm belief in HIM and hard work that worked at such times. (Than pathi, Daivam pathi) Another thing I would like to mention here from my personal experience is that if someone call HIM with a broken heart and tell HIM I have no one except YOU and fully surrender unto HIM, HE will be always thereto catch our hands. HE is such a Karunamoorthy that HE cannot give a deaf ear to the parivedanam of someone who reply on HIM. Let me reiterate this is my personal experience. Now writing these few lines alone brings tears in my eyes because I am getting a chance to sing HIS glory through this forum My only prayer is Durbalarayum, Trichhevaditan Adimakalayum maruvum jngal Pathivay Thirumumpake Nadathum Nama Sahasree Kirtana satram Muttathennum nila nirthname, Ninthiruvadi Santhoshikanname Hari Narayana Jaya Narayana Guru vatahalaya Natha

Namaste hO¡mÿsqLpOU Nf]S\ÿva]f¢ Aa]oWtLpOU oâvOU `°¥ kf]vLpV f]âoOÒLRW ja¾OU jLoyzNy} W}¡¾jyNfU oOŸLRfÐOU j]sj]¡¾eSo j]Í]âva] ySÍLx]¨eSo zq] jLqLpe ^p jLqLpe YOâ vLfLsp jLg joSñ This is a forum where we can sing HIS glory and I think we are all lucky to be a part of this group under the leadership of Shree Sunilji Radhe Krishna Sincerely Syamala Chandra Sekhara Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: With due respect to all, I want to thank Dr. Sukumar forcompleting my Ramayanam reading that too in this Karkidaka masam. I am yet to complete the Utharakandam as the printed weblokam page is not available and can only listen to the melodious alapanam by Dr. Sukumar. I want to touch your feetphysically for blessings but unable to do so and hence doing the same mentally. Please accept my pranamams. You, and the editorial board must be busy with the next edition of Navaneetham which I am eagerly looking forward to as Chingamasam is famous for all good things Thanks to Sunil for quelling the discussion about Bhakthi yoga. How aptly you said that " all are right". If I were the moderator, I do not know what will be my response. I am sure all will agree that we have a good, sensible moderator to lead us forward in our quest to get salvation. I am looking forward for the second part about Gothra from you. Group discussion is great and that will

throw some light and understanding for ignorant people like me. But not finger pointing. Bhakthi is good. Blind Bhakthi I do not know. Let us not fall into the category of the four blind people trying to define the ELEPHANT. Here I mean GOD. I do not know whether I am a vaishnava or any other sect. But I know I am a human with all limitations. I have heard THAAN PAATHI - DEIVAM PAATHI. If we do our half rightly, GOD will help us to reap the full result if we are lucky. But at least we will have satisfaction that we did our part. Naama japa or Likhitha Namajapa, is only a push for the LIFE BOAT to cross the Samsara sagaram. To navigate the boat we not only need the skill to keep it aloft but more for moving the same to the shore. We need help from the nature that is GOD. We all learn from our own parents first and their teachings lead us to the great future. In turn be a good parent to the next generation. Finally I was

told that Lord Guruvayoorappan was more pleased with the BHAKTHI of Poonthanam than the VIBHAKTHI of Bhattathiri. I like to hear and recite Jnanapana more often as it is very simple and easy to understand. But for those who want to go deep into, there are plenty of slokas to quote. onnu kondaRiyeNam randinte phalaphalam etc. Is it about Advaitha or Dwaitha?? Oh I do not want to reopen again. Looking forward for the next issue of Navaneetham Pizhayakilum, Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka En Bhagavane. Chandra Sekharan Menon

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.