IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] kumbha sambhava

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you Sunilji for this prompt information. Also Induji has given me information on this I am really thankful and proud that I am a member of this great group which is anytime ready to guide it's members Sincerely SyamalaSunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Dear Shyamalaji,According to Dr.Sadagopan of International Ramanuja Society USA, this has its

origin in the incident described in puranaas about Mitra and VaruNA placing their "seeds" in a water urn (Kumbhaa) in front of the celestial nymph Urvasi. From their seeds were born AgasthyA (the mover of the mountains/agasthi ) and VasishtA ( owner of wealth). His birth is mentioned in many purANams (Matsya, Padma and BrahmANDa PurANams) and in MahA BhAratham. Rg Vedam (7.33.13) also mentions his birth.Om Namo Narayanya:Sunil.guruvayur , Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:>> While reading Ramayanam, I understand that another name for Shri Agastya Muni is Kumbha Sambhava. Also in Narayaneeyam, in the dashakam of Gajendra Moksham, he has been named as "Kumbholbhuti"> > I would like to know how he got that name and would appreciate if somone can guide me on this.> >

Sincerely> Syamala> > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.