IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Udayasthamana Pooja - An ANALYSIS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sriram, Ohm Narayanaya Namah Thanks for your elaborate analyzis of the proposed step by GD. 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007 One Udayastamana Pooja will be done and the names of 110 persons' or the actual numbers who are present on that particular day and their names will be deleted from the already booked up list and clears the way for future bookings? If it is true then this is only business and I beg everyone's pardon for my thoughts posted earlier in this forum 2. My understanding was that the one and only family whose name is on the list for a particular day is the sole beneficiary for HIS blessings through this Pooja. 3. As Shri

Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's words should be the final say on this matter. 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input in this matter Pizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka Nammude Bhagavane Chandra Sekharan Menon SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote: Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !Dear All,Before we make grand plans, did anyone analyze theproposed step of Guruvayur Devaswom ?Here is

my analysis of the proposed step by GD:-- As many as 110 people (and their families) getopportunity to attend the Udayasthamana Pooja on asingle day (Tuesday / Friday). The important thing tonote is that EACH of the 110 people have toINDIVIDUALLY pay up Rs.50,000/- + expenses toGuruvayur Devaswom. (They are NOT sharing the paymentof 50000 among themselves)The consequences of this move is that:(*) the existing waiting list of Udayasthamana Poojawill be cleared in a short timeframe. This will givemany people the opportunity to attend the Pooja theyhave booked for - otherwise they would be dead andgone, if they have to wait for another 40 years orso.. - Also, it will give others who have been praying foran opportunity to conduct this Pooja to book andconduct the same in a short timespan.- As many as 110 families will come to Guruvayurtemple, offer prayers on Tuesdays (this is the day

onwhich Guruvayurappan is not in demand - going by theabsence of crowd in Guruvayur temple). I can vouch forthis, as I am a frequent visitor to Guruvayur,especially on Tuesdays (!)- When more and more people start making thisoffering, the income of Guruvayur temple willautomatically rise very quickly.- Also, with more and more compulsory visitors onTuesdays and Fridays, again, the crowd on these twoslack days increases and consequently, the income ofGuruvayur temple will go up.(*) Now, the other side of the coin is that, Devaswomhas to only do one complete Udayasthamana pooja andcan accommodate 110 families. (Pooja is not going tobe done individually; hence Devaswom saves on money).Only thing Devaswom has to arrange is for SpecialDarshan and Elaborate Prasadam (meals included) forthe 110 families.Three things - - More pilgrim inflow to the temple on slack days.- More income

to the temple and - More devotees satisfied (which will again increasethe income to the temple).Since this proposal is aimed at clearing the backlogand getting more and more people to make this offeringto Guruvayurappan, I feel Guruvayur Devaswom (GD forshort) will not alter their proposal. As such, 2 or 3families sharing the pooja is also not a practicalproposal - Remember, there are several people who havebooked the pooja long long ago and waiting for theirturn since several YEARS. Also, since GD's intentionsare clear - that they are allowing only people whohave individually paid Rs 50000 and booked, to conductthe pooja - where is the question of 2 or 3 familiescoming together and sponsoring (sharing) ?????? The current proporsal by GD is a virtualmoney-spinner. They will certainly not go back on it.Let us pray that the money is utilized to maintain theelaborate worship, offerings &

upkeep of the templeand also to provide more facilities to the devoteesvisiting Guruvayur.A better proposal to make is for a good Queue systemfor Darshan. Something that will help better crowdmanagement and ensure speedy darshan to devotees.Perhaps the members in this forum could propose a morescientific queue system which will reduce waiting timeor which would provide seats (remember Tirupati)...something novel - if it can be proposed, it would be aworthwhile attempt to meet with the GD Administratoror other officials and present it formally. (Remember,GD has already acquired some of the lands around thetemple pond; this is a sure sign of more landacquisition coming up. My primary objective in presenting the Q-idea isthat we should try to serve the devotees of the Lordfirst. "[Lord Krishna told Arjuna:] ‘Those who are My directdevotees are actually not My devotees, but those whoare

the devotees of My servant are factually Mydevotees.’"People come from far and wide to serve the Lord withprayers, offerings etc. If we can help them getdarshan, prasadam etc more easily and conveniently,then I am sure Guruvayurappan will be pleased. (Again,this is from my own experiences at Guruvayur - thosevisiting devotees to whom I have spoken at length onthe Mahatmya of Guruvayur and the Glories ofGuruvayurappan & His primary devotees, and thosedevotees whom I have guided in Guruvayur personally,all promised to visit the temple again and again. TheTirupati Devasthanam keeps getting good income fromthe devotees' offerings and this amount they utilizeto provide better services to the devotees - Thusdevotees look forward to go there again and again -and of course they donate more and more to Bhagavan.) Our proposals with regard to Udayasthamana Poojaalone will only help the rich folk -

but theintroduction of a scientific system for darshan,prasadam etc will be a boon for literally everyonevisiting Guruvayur.(FYI, Guruvayur Devaswom website says theUdayasthamana Pooja is booked until 2048 AD.)Inviting your attention & views on this.Hare Krishna !-sriram========

Hare Krishna !

> 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007 One

> Udayastamana Pooja

> will be done and the names of 110 persons' or

> the actual numbers who

> are present on that particular day and their

> names will be deleted from the

> already booked up list and clears the way for

> future bookings? If it is true

> then this is only business and I beg

> everyone's pardon for my thoughts

Your understanding is CORRECT.

The 110 I mentioned may be read as 10 (TEN) - The

earlier media report I referred to, while posting to

this forum, was not in order. Sorry about that; but my

perception of the issue is correct. Here is the latest

news on that:

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentVie\

w.do?contentType=EDITORIAL & programId=1073753696 & articleType=Festival & contentId=1\

340000 & BV_SessionID=@@@@2077139106.1156218345@@@@ & BV_EngineID=ccccaddijehmedmcef\

ecfikdghodgij.0

Its mentioned in the above website that 10 people who

have booked for the pooja, will be made to PARTICIPATE

in EACH Udayasthamana Pooja. So ONE pooja will be done

and TEN names struck off from the list. It is not

practical to do 10 Udayasthamana Poojas in a single

day - thats a fact we all know and recognize. In fact

the rituals start on the previous night itself with

measuring the rice for the offering etc. Besides a set

of 15 additional poojas is held (I think Udayasthamana

Pooja is a total of 24 Poojas or so - with frequent

closing and opening of the sanctum)- it is humanly

impossible to do this 10 times over - on a single day

!!!! So, the concern you have raised - that is indeed

true !

> 2. My understanding was that the one and only

> family whose name is on the list

> for a particular day is the sole beneficiary

> for HIS blessings through this Pooja.

It WAS like that so far - but starting Jan 1, 2007,

things are going to change as I have discussed.

> 3. As Shri Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's words

> should be the final say on this

> matter.

Very true. But a key decision like this, taken in a

meeting saturated with politicians, who would bother

to even ask the Thanthri about it? Let them, at least,

at this point, seek Guruvayurappan's approval on this.

GD MEANS *BUSINESS* !!!

(Sorry for the double meaning - but its true!)

> 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input in

> this matter

True once again.

-sriram

==============

>

> SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !

> Dear All,

> Before we make grand plans, did anyone analyze the

> proposed step of Guruvayur Devaswom ?

>

> Here is my analysis of the proposed step by GD:-

> - As many as 110 people (and their families) get

> opportunity to attend the Udayasthamana Pooja on a

> single day (Tuesday / Friday). The important thing

> to

> note is that EACH of the 110 people have to

> INDIVIDUALLY pay up Rs.50,000/- + expenses to

> Guruvayur Devaswom. (They are NOT sharing the

> payment

> of 50000 among themselves)

>

> The consequences of this move is that:

>

> (*) the existing waiting list of Udayasthamana Pooja

> will be cleared in a short timeframe. This will give

> many people the opportunity to attend the Pooja they

> have booked for - otherwise they would be dead and

> gone, if they have to wait for another 40 years or

> so..

>

> - Also, it will give others who have been praying

> for

> an opportunity to conduct this Pooja to book and

> conduct the same in a short timespan.

>

> - As many as 110 families will come to Guruvayur

> temple, offer prayers on Tuesdays (this is the day

> on

> which Guruvayurappan is not in demand - going by the

> absence of crowd in Guruvayur temple). I can vouch

> for

> this, as I am a frequent visitor to Guruvayur,

> especially on Tuesdays (!)

>

> - When more and more people start making this

> offering, the income of Guruvayur temple will

> automatically rise very quickly.

>

> - Also, with more and more compulsory visitors on

> Tuesdays and Fridays, again, the crowd on these two

> slack days increases and consequently, the income of

> Guruvayur temple will go up.

>

> (*) Now, the other side of the coin is that,

> Devaswom

> has to only do one complete Udayasthamana pooja and

> can accommodate 110 families. (Pooja is not going to

> be done individually; hence Devaswom saves on

> money).

> Only thing Devaswom has to arrange is for Special

> Darshan and Elaborate Prasadam (meals included) for

> the 110 families.

>

> Three things -

> - More pilgrim inflow to the temple on slack days.

> - More income to the temple and

> - More devotees satisfied (which will again increase

> the income to the temple).

>

> Since this proposal is aimed at clearing the backlog

> and getting more and more people to make this

> offering

> to Guruvayurappan, I feel Guruvayur Devaswom (GD for

> short) will not alter their proposal. As such, 2 or

> 3

> families sharing the pooja is also not a practical

> proposal - Remember, there are several people who

> have

> booked the pooja long long ago and waiting for their

> turn since several YEARS. Also, since GD's

> intentions

> are clear - that they are allowing only people who

> have individually paid Rs 50000 and booked, to

> conduct

> the pooja - where is the question of 2 or 3 families

> coming together and sponsoring (sharing) ??????

>

> The current proporsal by GD is a virtual

> money-spinner. They will certainly not go back on

> it.

> Let us pray that the money is utilized to maintain

> the

> elaborate worship, offerings & upkeep of the temple

> and also to provide more facilities to the devotees

> visiting Guruvayur.

>

> A better proposal to make is for a good Queue system

> for Darshan. Something that will help better crowd

> management and ensure speedy darshan to devotees.

> Perhaps the members in this forum could propose a

> more

> scientific queue system which will reduce waiting

> time

> or which would provide seats (remember Tirupati)...

> something novel - if it can be proposed, it would be

> a

> worthwhile attempt to meet with the GD Administrator

> or other officials and present it formally.

> (Remember,

> GD has already acquired some of the lands around the

> temple pond; this is a sure sign of more land

> acquisition coming up.

>

> My primary objective in presenting the Q-idea is

> that we should try to serve the devotees of the Lord

> first.

>

> " [Lord Krishna told Arjuna:] ‘Those who are My

> direct

> devotees are actually not My devotees, but those who

> are the devotees of My servant are factually My

> devotees.’ "

>

> People come from far and wide to serve the Lord with

> prayers, offerings etc. If we can help them get

> darshan, prasadam etc more easily and conveniently,

> then I am sure Guruvayurappan will be pleased.

> (Again,

> this is from my own experiences at Guruvayur - those

> visiting devotees to whom I have spoken at length on

> the Mahatmya of Guruvayur and the Glories of

> Guruvayurappan & His primary devotees, and those

> devotees whom I have guided in Guruvayur personally,

> all promised to visit the temple again and again.

> The

> Tirupati Devasthanam keeps getting good income from

> the devotees' offerings and this amount they utilize

> to provide better services to the devotees - Thus

> devotees look forward to go there again and again -

> and of course they donate more and more to

> Bhagavan.)

>

> Our proposals with regard to Udayasthamana Pooja

> alone will only help the rich folk - but the

> introduction of a scientific system for darshan,

> prasadam etc will be a boon for literally everyone

> visiting Guruvayur.

>

> (FYI, Guruvayur Devaswom website says the

> Udayasthamana Pooja is booked until 2048 AD.)

>

> Inviting your attention & views on this.

>

> Hare Krishna !

> -sriram

> ========

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

>

>

>

>

Jia Sreekrishna Dear Sriramji Thank you for giving a clear picture . Just like Chandra Menonji, I was also under the impression that one pooja is done in the name of a single devotee who booked the same. If the devaswom is just conducitng a single pooja for the 100 members irrespective of the fact that each and every member is paying Rs. 50,000/-, it is really a money spinning matter only. In that case, I am totally against such a pooja, God will be pleased if we offer him, patra, pushpam or jal with full devotion I made my earlier comments without knowing the complete picture and request all members to pardon me. We have to give our support to

keep the sanctiry of our Guruvayoorappan temple and serve the devotees of the Lord in whichever we can. Sincerely Syamala Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Dear Sriram, Ohm Narayanaya Namah Thanks for your elaborate analyzis of the proposed step by GD. 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007 One Udayastamana Pooja will be done and the names of 110 persons' or the actual numbers who are present on that particular day and their names will be deleted from the already booked up list and clears the way for future bookings? If it is true then this is only business and I beg everyone's pardon for my thoughts posted earlier in this forum 2. My understanding was that the one and only family whose name is on the list for a particular day is the sole beneficiary for HIS blessings through this Pooja. 3. As Shri Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's words should be the final say on this matter. 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input in this matter Pizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka Nammude Bhagavane Chandra Sekharan Menon SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote: Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !Dear All,Before we make grand plans, did anyone analyze theproposed step of Guruvayur Devaswom ?Here is my analysis of the proposed step by GD:-- As many as 110 people (and their families) getopportunity to attend the Udayasthamana Pooja on asingle day (Tuesday / Friday). The important thing tonote is that EACH of the 110 people have toINDIVIDUALLY pay up Rs.50,000/- + expenses toGuruvayur Devaswom. (They are NOT sharing the paymentof 50000 among themselves)The consequences of this move is that:(*) the existing waiting list of Udayasthamana Poojawill be cleared in

a short timeframe. This will givemany people the opportunity to attend the Pooja theyhave booked for - otherwise they would be dead andgone, if they have to wait for another 40 years orso.. - Also, it will give others who have been praying foran opportunity to conduct this Pooja to book andconduct the same in a short timespan.- As many as 110 families will come to Guruvayurtemple, offer prayers on Tuesdays (this is the day onwhich Guruvayurappan is not in demand - going by theabsence of crowd in Guruvayur temple). I can vouch forthis, as I am a frequent visitor to Guruvayur,especially on Tuesdays (!)- When more and more people start making thisoffering, the income of Guruvayur temple willautomatically rise very quickly.- Also, with more and more compulsory visitors onTuesdays and Fridays, again, the crowd on these twoslack days increases and consequently, the income ofGuruvayur

temple will go up.(*) Now, the other side of the coin is that, Devaswomhas to only do one complete Udayasthamana pooja andcan accommodate 110 families. (Pooja is not going tobe done individually; hence Devaswom saves on money).Only thing Devaswom has to arrange is for SpecialDarshan and Elaborate Prasadam (meals included) forthe 110 families.Three things - - More pilgrim inflow to the temple on slack days.- More income to the temple and - More devotees satisfied (which will again increasethe income to the temple).Since this proposal is aimed at clearing the backlogand getting more and more people to make this offeringto Guruvayurappan, I feel Guruvayur Devaswom (GD forshort) will not alter their proposal. As such, 2 or 3families sharing the pooja is also not a practicalproposal - Remember, there are several people who havebooked the pooja long long ago and waiting for theirturn

since several YEARS. Also, since GD's intentionsare clear - that they are allowing only people whohave individually paid Rs 50000 and booked, to conductthe pooja - where is the question of 2 or 3 familiescoming together and sponsoring (sharing) ?????? The current proporsal by GD is a virtualmoney-spinner. They will certainly not go back on it.Let us pray that the money is utilized to maintain theelaborate worship, offerings & upkeep of the templeand also to provide more facilities to the devoteesvisiting Guruvayur.A better proposal to make is for a good Queue systemfor Darshan. Something that will help better crowdmanagement and ensure speedy darshan to devotees.Perhaps the members in this forum could propose a morescientific queue system which will reduce waiting timeor which would provide seats (remember Tirupati)...something novel - if it can be proposed, it would be aworthwhile attempt

to meet with the GD Administratoror other officials and present it formally. (Remember,GD has already acquired some of the lands around thetemple pond; this is a sure sign of more landacquisition coming up. My primary objective in presenting the Q-idea isthat we should try to serve the devotees of the Lordfirst. "[Lord Krishna told Arjuna:] ‘Those who are My directdevotees are actually not My devotees, but those whoare the devotees of My servant are factually Mydevotees.’"People come from far and wide to serve the Lord withprayers, offerings etc. If we can help them getdarshan, prasadam etc more easily and conveniently,then I am sure Guruvayurappan will be pleased. (Again,this is from my own experiences at Guruvayur - thosevisiting devotees to whom I have spoken at length onthe Mahatmya of Guruvayur and the Glories ofGuruvayurappan & His primary devotees, and thosedevotees whom

I have guided in Guruvayur personally,all promised to visit the temple again and again. TheTirupati Devasthanam keeps getting good income fromthe devotees' offerings and this amount they utilizeto provide better services to the devotees - Thusdevotees look forward to go there again and again -and of course they donate more and more to Bhagavan.) Our proposals with regard to Udayasthamana Poojaalone will only help the rich folk - but theintroduction of a scientific system for darshan,prasadam etc will be a boon for literally everyonevisiting Guruvayur.(FYI, Guruvayur Devaswom website says theUdayasthamana Pooja is booked until 2048 AD.)Inviting your attention & views on this.Hare Krishna !-sriram========

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya; Ohm Namo Narrayanaya

Dear All,

I forget say one more thing about the Udayasthaman

Pooja. The peoples who are doing Udayastamana Pooja

are usually getting special preference on that day.

They can view Guruvayorappan for hours. They can take

any number of pradhikshanam that they like. On that

day they are considered as VIP in Guruvayour. But when

we are changing the same for 10 peoples. You guess how

much crowd will come there. And the special preference

for them also will be controlled.

Regards

Keerthi Kumar

--- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> Hare Krishna !

>

> > 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007 One

> > Udayastamana Pooja

> > will be done and the names of 110 persons'

> or

> > the actual numbers who

> > are present on that particular day and their

> > names will be deleted from the

> > already booked up list and clears the way

> for

> > future bookings? If it is true

> > then this is only business and I beg

> > everyone's pardon for my thoughts

>

> Your understanding is CORRECT.

> The 110 I mentioned may be read as 10 (TEN) - The

> earlier media report I referred to, while posting to

> this forum, was not in order. Sorry about that; but

> my

> perception of the issue is correct. Here is the

> latest

> news on that:

>

>

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentVie\

w.do?contentType=EDITORIAL & programId=1073753696 & articleType=Festival & contentId=1\

340000 & BV_SessionID=@@@@2077139106.1156218345@@@@ & BV_EngineID=ccccaddijehmedmcef\

ecfikdghodgij.0

>

> Its mentioned in the above website that 10 people

> who

> have booked for the pooja, will be made to

> PARTICIPATE

> in EACH Udayasthamana Pooja. So ONE pooja will be

> done

> and TEN names struck off from the list. It is not

> practical to do 10 Udayasthamana Poojas in a single

> day - thats a fact we all know and recognize. In

> fact

> the rituals start on the previous night itself with

> measuring the rice for the offering etc. Besides a

> set

> of 15 additional poojas is held (I think

> Udayasthamana

> Pooja is a total of 24 Poojas or so - with frequent

> closing and opening of the sanctum)- it is humanly

> impossible to do this 10 times over - on a single

> day

> !!!! So, the concern you have raised - that is

> indeed

> true !

>

>

> > 2. My understanding was that the one and only

> > family whose name is on the list

> > for a particular day is the sole beneficiary

> > for HIS blessings through this Pooja.

>

> It WAS like that so far - but starting Jan 1, 2007,

> things are going to change as I have discussed.

>

> > 3. As Shri Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's words

> > should be the final say on this

> > matter.

> Very true. But a key decision like this, taken in a

> meeting saturated with politicians, who would bother

> to even ask the Thanthri about it? Let them, at

> least,

> at this point, seek Guruvayurappan's approval on

> this.

>

> GD MEANS *BUSINESS* !!!

> (Sorry for the double meaning - but its true!)

>

> > 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input in

> > this matter

> True once again.

>

> -sriram

> ==============

>

> >

> > SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> > Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !

> > Dear All,

> > Before we make grand plans, did anyone analyze the

> > proposed step of Guruvayur Devaswom ?

> >

> > Here is my analysis of the proposed step by GD:-

> > - As many as 110 people (and their families) get

> > opportunity to attend the Udayasthamana Pooja on a

> > single day (Tuesday / Friday). The important thing

> > to

> > note is that EACH of the 110 people have to

> > INDIVIDUALLY pay up Rs.50,000/- + expenses to

> > Guruvayur Devaswom. (They are NOT sharing the

> > payment

> > of 50000 among themselves)

> >

> > The consequences of this move is that:

> >

> > (*) the existing waiting list of Udayasthamana

> Pooja

> > will be cleared in a short timeframe. This will

> give

> > many people the opportunity to attend the Pooja

> they

> > have booked for - otherwise they would be dead and

> > gone, if they have to wait for another 40 years or

> > so..

> >

> > - Also, it will give others who have been praying

> > for

> > an opportunity to conduct this Pooja to book and

> > conduct the same in a short timespan.

> >

> > - As many as 110 families will come to Guruvayur

> > temple, offer prayers on Tuesdays (this is the day

> > on

> > which Guruvayurappan is not in demand - going by

> the

> > absence of crowd in Guruvayur temple). I can vouch

> > for

> > this, as I am a frequent visitor to Guruvayur,

> > especially on Tuesdays (!)

> >

> > - When more and more people start making this

> > offering, the income of Guruvayur temple will

> > automatically rise very quickly.

> >

> > - Also, with more and more compulsory visitors on

> > Tuesdays and Fridays, again, the crowd on these

> two

> > slack days increases and consequently, the income

> of

> > Guruvayur temple will go up.

> >

> > (*) Now, the other side of the coin is that,

> > Devaswom

> > has to only do one complete Udayasthamana pooja

> and

> > can accommodate 110 families. (Pooja is not going

> to

> > be done individually; hence Devaswom saves on

> > money).

> > Only thing Devaswom has to arrange is for Special

> > Darshan and Elaborate Prasadam (meals included)

> for

> > the 110 families.

> >

> > Three things -

> > - More pilgrim inflow to the temple on slack days.

> > - More income to the temple and

> > - More devotees satisfied (which will again

> increase

> > the income to the temple).

> >

> > Since this proposal is aimed at clearing the

> backlog

> > and getting more and more people to make this

> > offering

> > to Guruvayurappan, I feel Guruvayur Devaswom (GD

> for

> > short) will not alter their proposal. As such, 2

> or

> > 3

> > families sharing the pooja is also not a practical

> > proposal - Remember, there are several people who

> > have

> > booked the pooja long long ago and waiting for

> their

> > turn since several YEARS. Also, since GD's

> > intentions

> > are clear - that they are allowing only people who

> > have individually paid Rs 50000 and booked, to

> > conduct

> > the pooja - where is the question of 2 or 3

> families

> > coming together and sponsoring (sharing) ??????

> >

> > The current proporsal by GD is a virtual

> > money-spinner. They will certainly not go back on

> > it.

> > Let us pray that the money is utilized to maintain

> > the

> > elaborate worship, offerings & upkeep of the

> temple

> > and also to provide more facilities to the

> devotees

> > visiting Guruvayur.

> >

> > A better proposal to make is for a good Queue

> system

> > for Darshan. Something that will help better crowd

> > management and ensure speedy darshan to devotees.

> > Perhaps the members in this forum could propose a

> > more

> > scientific queue system which will reduce waiting

> > time

> > or which would provide seats (remember

> Tirupati)...

> > something novel - if it can be proposed, it would

> be

> > a

>

=== message truncated ===

Dear Respected members,

Thanks to SriRam for taking time and explaining things to me.

I have a question. If Udayam is one and Astahamayam is only one in

a day and the Udayastamana pooja is one how the GD can charge 10

times for that ? Even in business one has to maintain a decent NORM.

I read a story while I was very young in a Tamil book

I am not going in detail but the gist of it is:

There was a Sastrigal and a butcher in the same village. Sastrigal

was a pious man worshipping God and preaching and praising Lord all

the time. Butcher had his business. Upon death our Sastrigal had to

walk through the Hell prior to entering the Heaven. To his surprise

he saw the Butcher already seated. He asked God how was that

possible.

God answered that Butcher did his business and separated meat from

the bones and served people with meat who wanted meat and

bones to those who wanted bones. He did his business not with the

aim of a profit. At the end of the day he went home and prepared

food for his aged parents and fed them before he had his own meal.

Now tell me who is great? Our Sastrigal had no answer and fell at

the feet of the Butcher.

Our Administrator and Devaswom board should charge the actual or

estimated entire cost equally to those 10 families one time and not

ten times. If the devotees want to give a donation it is okay and a

receipt given for that amount for tax deductions and not the entire

cost of Udayastamana pooja for tax deductions. Due considerations

should be given to the Melsanthi as he is a Human and is not subject

to pressure with this EXTRA burden. Or like Kolloor Mookambika

temple there should be enough priests to do the Sankalpa pooja that

will eliminate the extra burden to Melsanthi.

I liked the letter posted by Balagopal to GD which I personally feel

may include my thinking if it is okayed by our group's learned

members and specially by Sunil - our Moderator.

Pizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka Bhagavane

Chandra Sekharan

guruvayur , KEERTHI KUMAR V MENON

<keerthibai wrote:

>

>

> Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya; Ohm Namo Narrayanaya

>

> Dear All,

>

> I forget say one more thing about the Udayasthaman

> Pooja. The peoples who are doing Udayastamana Pooja

> are usually getting special preference on that day.

> They can view Guruvayorappan for hours. They can take

> any number of pradhikshanam that they like. On that

> day they are considered as VIP in Guruvayour. But when

> we are changing the same for 10 peoples. You guess how

> much crowd will come there. And the special preference

> for them also will be controlled.

>

> Regards

>

> Keerthi Kumar

>

> --- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

>

> > Hare Krishna !

> >

> > > 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007 One

> > > Udayastamana Pooja

> > > will be done and the names of 110 persons'

> > or

> > > the actual numbers who

> > > are present on that particular day and their

> > > names will be deleted from the

> > > already booked up list and clears the way

> > for

> > > future bookings? If it is true

> > > then this is only business and I beg

> > > everyone's pardon for my thoughts

> >

> > Your understanding is CORRECT.

> > The 110 I mentioned may be read as 10 (TEN) - The

> > earlier media report I referred to, while posting to

> > this forum, was not in order. Sorry about that; but

> > my

> > perception of the issue is correct. Here is the

> > latest

> > news on that:

> >

> >

> http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-

bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?

contentType=EDITORIAL & programId=1073753696 & articleType=Festival & conte

ntId=1340000 & BV_SessionID=@@@@2077139106.1156218345@@@@ & BV_EngineID=c

cccaddijehmedmcefecfikdghodgij.0

> >

> > Its mentioned in the above website that 10 people

> > who

> > have booked for the pooja, will be made to

> > PARTICIPATE

> > in EACH Udayasthamana Pooja. So ONE pooja will be

> > done

> > and TEN names struck off from the list. It is not

> > practical to do 10 Udayasthamana Poojas in a single

> > day - thats a fact we all know and recognize. In

> > fact

> > the rituals start on the previous night itself with

> > measuring the rice for the offering etc. Besides a

> > set

> > of 15 additional poojas is held (I think

> > Udayasthamana

> > Pooja is a total of 24 Poojas or so - with frequent

> > closing and opening of the sanctum)- it is humanly

> > impossible to do this 10 times over - on a single

> > day

> > !!!! So, the concern you have raised - that is

> > indeed

> > true !

> >

> >

> > > 2. My understanding was that the one and only

> > > family whose name is on the list

> > > for a particular day is the sole beneficiary

> > > for HIS blessings through this Pooja.

> >

> > It WAS like that so far - but starting Jan 1, 2007,

> > things are going to change as I have discussed.

> >

> > > 3. As Shri Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's words

> > > should be the final say on this

> > > matter.

> > Very true. But a key decision like this, taken in a

> > meeting saturated with politicians, who would bother

> > to even ask the Thanthri about it? Let them, at

> > least,

> > at this point, seek Guruvayurappan's approval on

> > this.

> >

> > GD MEANS *BUSINESS* !!!

> > (Sorry for the double meaning - but its true!)

> >

> > > 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input in

> > > this matter

> > True once again.

> >

> > -sriram

> > ==============

> >

> > >

> > > SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> > > Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !

> > > Dear All,

> > > Before we make grand plans, did anyone analyze the

> > > proposed step of Guruvayur Devaswom ?

> > >

> > > Here is my analysis of the proposed step by GD:-

> > > - As many as 110 people (and their families) get

> > > opportunity to attend the Udayasthamana Pooja on a

> > > single day (Tuesday / Friday). The important thing

> > > to

> > > note is that EACH of the 110 people have to

> > > INDIVIDUALLY pay up Rs.50,000/- + expenses to

> > > Guruvayur Devaswom. (They are NOT sharing the

> > > payment

> > > of 50000 among themselves)

> > >

> > > The consequences of this move is that:

> > >

> > > (*) the existing waiting list of Udayasthamana

> > Pooja

> > > will be cleared in a short timeframe. This will

> > give

> > > many people the opportunity to attend the Pooja

> > they

> > > have booked for - otherwise they would be dead and

> > > gone, if they have to wait for another 40 years or

> > > so..

> > >

> > > - Also, it will give others who have been praying

> > > for

> > > an opportunity to conduct this Pooja to book and

> > > conduct the same in a short timespan.

> > >

> > > - As many as 110 families will come to Guruvayur

> > > temple, offer prayers on Tuesdays (this is the day

> > > on

> > > which Guruvayurappan is not in demand - going by

> > the

> > > absence of crowd in Guruvayur temple). I can vouch

> > > for

> > > this, as I am a frequent visitor to Guruvayur,

> > > especially on Tuesdays (!)

> > >

> > > - When more and more people start making this

> > > offering, the income of Guruvayur temple will

> > > automatically rise very quickly.

> > >

> > > - Also, with more and more compulsory visitors on

> > > Tuesdays and Fridays, again, the crowd on these

> > two

> > > slack days increases and consequently, the income

> > of

> > > Guruvayur temple will go up.

> > >

> > > (*) Now, the other side of the coin is that,

> > > Devaswom

> > > has to only do one complete Udayasthamana pooja

> > and

> > > can accommodate 110 families. (Pooja is not going

> > to

> > > be done individually; hence Devaswom saves on

> > > money).

> > > Only thing Devaswom has to arrange is for Special

> > > Darshan and Elaborate Prasadam (meals included)

> > for

> > > the 110 families.

> > >

> > > Three things -

> > > - More pilgrim inflow to the temple on slack days.

> > > - More income to the temple and

> > > - More devotees satisfied (which will again

> > increase

> > > the income to the temple).

> > >

> > > Since this proposal is aimed at clearing the

> > backlog

> > > and getting more and more people to make this

> > > offering

> > > to Guruvayurappan, I feel Guruvayur Devaswom (GD

> > for

> > > short) will not alter their proposal. As such, 2

> > or

> > > 3

> > > families sharing the pooja is also not a practical

> > > proposal - Remember, there are several people who

> > > have

> > > booked the pooja long long ago and waiting for

> > their

> > > turn since several YEARS. Also, since GD's

> > > intentions

> > > are clear - that they are allowing only people who

> > > have individually paid Rs 50000 and booked, to

> > > conduct

> > > the pooja - where is the question of 2 or 3

> > families

> > > coming together and sponsoring (sharing) ??????

> > >

> > > The current proporsal by GD is a virtual

> > > money-spinner. They will certainly not go back on

> > > it.

> > > Let us pray that the money is utilized to maintain

> > > the

> > > elaborate worship, offerings & upkeep of the

> > temple

> > > and also to provide more facilities to the

> > devotees

> > > visiting Guruvayur.

> > >

> > > A better proposal to make is for a good Queue

> > system

> > > for Darshan. Something that will help better crowd

> > > management and ensure speedy darshan to devotees.

> > > Perhaps the members in this forum could propose a

> > > more

> > > scientific queue system which will reduce waiting

> > > time

> > > or which would provide seats (remember

> > Tirupati)...

> > > something novel - if it can be proposed, it would

> > be

> > > a

> >

> === message truncated ===

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Om Namo Narayana!!!

Respected Chandrasekharji,

Your view is absolutely right. The total expenses

should be divided into 10 and there is no logic or

sense in taking the total cost from each person as

actually, only one Pooja is being held, and the

manpower and money required is only for one pooja. By

this way, many devotees, who have a wish to conduct an

Udayasthamana Pooja for Lord Krishna and cannot afford

due to huge amount which is being charged by Devaswom,

will also be benefitted.

May God Bless all,

Rajan Kinattinkara

--- Chandra Sekharan Menon

<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

> Dear Respected members,

> Thanks to SriRam for taking time and explaining

> things to me.

> I have a question. If Udayam is one and Astahamayam

> is only one in

> a day and the Udayastamana pooja is one how the GD

> can charge 10

> times for that ? Even in business one has to

> maintain a decent NORM.

> I read a story while I was very young in a Tamil

> book

> I am not going in detail but the gist of it is:

> There was a Sastrigal and a butcher in the same

> village. Sastrigal

> was a pious man worshipping God and preaching and

> praising Lord all

> the time. Butcher had his business. Upon death our

> Sastrigal had to

> walk through the Hell prior to entering the Heaven.

> To his surprise

> he saw the Butcher already seated. He asked God how

> was that

> possible.

> God answered that Butcher did his business and

> separated meat from

> the bones and served people with meat who wanted

> meat and

> bones to those who wanted bones. He did his business

> not with the

> aim of a profit. At the end of the day he went home

> and prepared

> food for his aged parents and fed them before he had

> his own meal.

> Now tell me who is great? Our Sastrigal had no

> answer and fell at

> the feet of the Butcher.

> Our Administrator and Devaswom board should charge

> the actual or

> estimated entire cost equally to those 10 families

> one time and not

> ten times. If the devotees want to give a donation

> it is okay and a

> receipt given for that amount for tax deductions and

> not the entire

> cost of Udayastamana pooja for tax deductions. Due

> considerations

> should be given to the Melsanthi as he is a Human

> and is not subject

> to pressure with this EXTRA burden. Or like Kolloor

> Mookambika

> temple there should be enough priests to do the

> Sankalpa pooja that

> will eliminate the extra burden to Melsanthi.

> I liked the letter posted by Balagopal to GD which I

> personally feel

> may include my thinking if it is okayed by our

> group's learned

> members and specially by Sunil - our Moderator.

> Pizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka

> Bhagavane

> Chandra Sekharan

>

>

>

>

>

> guruvayur , KEERTHI KUMAR V

> MENON

> <keerthibai wrote:

> >

> >

> > Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya; Ohm Namo

> Narrayanaya

> >

> > Dear All,

> >

> > I forget say one more thing about the Udayasthaman

> > Pooja. The peoples who are doing Udayastamana

> Pooja

> > are usually getting special preference on that

> day.

> > They can view Guruvayorappan for hours. They can

> take

> > any number of pradhikshanam that they like. On

> that

> > day they are considered as VIP in Guruvayour. But

> when

> > we are changing the same for 10 peoples. You guess

> how

> > much crowd will come there. And the special

> preference

> > for them also will be controlled.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Keerthi Kumar

> >

> > --- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> >

> > > Hare Krishna !

> > >

> > > > 1. Am I to understand that beginning 2007

> One

> > > > Udayastamana Pooja

> > > > will be done and the names of 110

> persons'

> > > or

> > > > the actual numbers who

> > > > are present on that particular day and

> their

> > > > names will be deleted from the

> > > > already booked up list and clears the

> way

> > > for

> > > > future bookings? If it is true

> > > > then this is only business and I beg

> > > > everyone's pardon for my thoughts

> > >

> > > Your understanding is CORRECT.

> > > The 110 I mentioned may be read as 10 (TEN) -

> The

> > > earlier media report I referred to, while

> posting to

> > > this forum, was not in order. Sorry about that;

> but

> > > my

> > > perception of the issue is correct. Here is the

> > > latest

> > > news on that:

> > >

> > >

> > http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-

> bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?

>

contentType=EDITORIAL & programId=1073753696 & articleType=Festival & conte

>

ntId=1340000 & BV_SessionID=@@@@2077139106.1156218345@@@@ & BV_EngineID=c

> cccaddijehmedmcefecfikdghodgij.0

> > >

> > > Its mentioned in the above website that 10

> people

> > > who

> > > have booked for the pooja, will be made to

> > > PARTICIPATE

> > > in EACH Udayasthamana Pooja. So ONE pooja will

> be

> > > done

> > > and TEN names struck off from the list. It is

> not

> > > practical to do 10 Udayasthamana Poojas in a

> single

> > > day - thats a fact we all know and recognize. In

> > > fact

> > > the rituals start on the previous night itself

> with

> > > measuring the rice for the offering etc. Besides

> a

> > > set

> > > of 15 additional poojas is held (I think

> > > Udayasthamana

> > > Pooja is a total of 24 Poojas or so - with

> frequent

> > > closing and opening of the sanctum)- it is

> humanly

> > > impossible to do this 10 times over - on a

> single

> > > day

> > > !!!! So, the concern you have raised - that is

> > > indeed

> > > true !

> > >

> > >

> > > > 2. My understanding was that the one and

> only

> > > > family whose name is on the list

> > > > for a particular day is the sole

> beneficiary

> > > > for HIS blessings through this Pooja.

> > >

> > > It WAS like that so far - but starting Jan 1,

> 2007,

> > > things are going to change as I have discussed.

> > >

> > > > 3. As Shri Krishnadaya has said Thanthri's

> words

> > > > should be the final say on this

> > > > matter.

> > > Very true. But a key decision like this, taken

> in a

> > > meeting saturated with politicians, who would

> bother

> > > to even ask the Thanthri about it? Let them, at

> > > least,

> > > at this point, seek Guruvayurappan's approval on

> > > this.

> > >

> > > GD MEANS *BUSINESS* !!!

> > > (Sorry for the double meaning - but its true!)

> > >

> > > > 4. Finally we need FRESH thinking and input

> in

> > > > this matter

> > > True once again.

>

=== message truncated ===

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./