IndiaDivine.org

sad part-Killing of Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, It is really hurting that the courts and govts are interfering in our Hindu temples.Guruvayoor and Sabarimala are the two examples.I really dont understand what fun they derive out of it.The media is equally enthusiastic about it and is very happy to defame our temples.They are trying to destroy our age old traditions by intervening .Cant these people leave it to the Thanthri who is supposed to be the ultimate authority.The communist Govt and the UDF both are against the Hiindus .Really dont know why they are behaving this way.ASlways some controversy or the other crops up in these temples.In Sabarimala the SC have given a notice for entry of woman .The people who have given the case are people from Gujarat and Up who really dont know about sabarimala and talks of feminism.They dont understand that Lord Ayyappa has no opposition to woman.They cannot complete their rituals of 41 days an so they cannot enter.Ladies below 10 and

above 50 are welcome.People go to that place because of a tradition.In Kerala if there is a temple like sabarimala there is also a temple for woman called Attukkaal which is exclusively for woman and is called as womans Sabarimala.Everything is balanced in tradition but these modern day stupids dont understand that and think with a modern outlook which maynot work in all the case.The lawyers claim that Govt is pumping 8 crores which is public money intothe temple and so they have the right for PIL.But why Govt is pumping money.In temples like Guruvayoor and sabarimala they dont need a Govt support.They have plenty of money.For Haj they can sponsor a big money but when it comes to Hindu temples we Hindus look at it as a way of destroting our culture.Lot of unaccountable money comes to Churches but no one really is held accountable for those.Why only we Hindus temple should bear the brunt.A good amount from the temple turnover of sabarimala goes to the Kerala Govt.We Hindu

temples are forced to give but what we get in return? I am of the opinion that leave the temples alone and dont destroy the culture. I have witnessed myself in the Vadakkunnathan temple ground that all political parties have hoisted their flags but if you move toward Punkkunnam there is a church which also has a big ground but no one dares to do that. Why? I dont know when in a country where this Hindu culture was born when there will be steps to revive the same. Best Regards, Hemantbalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMShree Menon's suggestion deserves every bit of ourattention.The reasons are:1. If the Government is going ahead with andimplementing the plan of conducting moreUdayasthamana pujas (and we are helpless and no otherway to toe the line), then we can think of booking onein the name of the group.2. As he suggested if all the willing devoteescontribute, and if the number is say 50, per personneed to pool in only Rs1000/-.3. The beauty here is that the puja can be done with alarger number of families, enriching the togethernessof this group.4.Through this booking we can make our presence feltto the Administration and may be this site mightbecome an opinion creator that will have a say inmatters considering the temple.5.This will help

to attract more like minded peopleinto the forum whereby it will grow from strength tostrength in the ways our Bhagavan intended us to be.Welcoming more on thisRegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 > wrote:> Dear members > I have been thinking of this not today but for> some time in the past and> Balagopal's suggestion prompted me to open my mind> Instead of waiting for this long why not join> together i.e. two or even three > families together conduct one Udayasthamana Pooja> that Bhagavan> will only be too happy to accept by eliminating> the "I or my" ego will be> replaced by "our" and thus the waiting period will> be either wiped off or atleast dwindled and the net> result is all are happy. > Pardon my

suggestion> Pizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka> en Bhagavane> Ohm Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan> > balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> HARI AUM> > Here is a suggestion:> > Can we apply our mind and put in our views and> inform> it to the administration?> > By doing so will we be contributing or will be> treated> as a nuisance or unwanted interference ?> > Personally I think it is an opportunity.> > This does not mean that the whole group is going to> think and decide one way.> This will be a forum which will record its members'> views and present it to the administartion: and they> can either take cognizance or ignore it, whichever> way> they chose to be.> > But will it make a

beginning as a voice they can> listen to in future?> > Requesting all in the forum to give a thought to> this.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > --- Suresh <suresh (AT) imrsindia (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Om Namo Narayana> > > > > > KERALA NEWS (17TH AUGUST’06)> > Guruvayur temple> > <http://keralanext.com/news/?id=815929> cuts> > waiting> > period for special puja > > 1 Hour,58 minutes Ago > > > > > > Guruvayur (Kerala), In good news for all devotees> of> > the Sri Krishna> > Temple at Guruvayur, the temple authorities have> > decided to slash the> > waiting period for an important puja

ritual that> has> > been booked for the> > next 43 years. > > The Udayaasthamana Puja, a much-in-demand ritual> > performed for the> > fulfilment of wishes, is fully booked till 2049.> > Currently, the temple> > is performing the puja that was booked way back in> > 1992. > > The dawn-to-dusk ritual costs the devotee> Rs.50,000.> > According to rules> > in the temple, said to be hundreds of years old,> the> > ritual can be> > performed only 110 times a year. > > > > While for a normal puja there are 27 different> > rituals, the> > Udayaasthamana Puja involves an additional 18> > rituals. It begins at 7> > a.m. and goes on till evening. A closing ritual is> > performed in the> > evening of the following day. > > > > According to

temple authorities, the pujas booked> > till 2049 would now be> > cleared in less than 5 years. > > > > "At our meeting on Wednesday we decided to> increase> > the frequency of the> > puja so as to cut down the waiting period. The new> > rule would become> > effective from January 1, 2007," temple> > administrator K. Anilkumar told> > IANS. > > > > "In accordance with our new decision, we would> > perform 80 of the pujas> > in a month and 800 in a year. These pujas are done> > only on Tuesdays and> > Fridays. Many of our devotees had demanded this> > (slashing the waiting> > period) as many who book the puja die before they> > can witness it," he> > added. > > > > However, not everyone is happy with the decision. > > The temple priest or

thantri, Chenas Raman> > Namboothiripad, said the> > decision was taken without his concurrence. > > Anilkumar denies it. > > > > "This puja is just an offering and the thantri is> > nothing but an> > ex-officio member of the temple committee. It is> > strange that he never> > raised any dissent at the meeting. If he had> > dissented with the decision> > then it would have been recorded in the minutes.> He> > has voiced his> > dissent outside the meeting," said the> > administrator. > > > > Increasing numbers of devotees are arriving at the> > Guruvayur temple in> > Thrissur district, around 300 km from> > Thiruvananthapuram, and the hundi> > collections have been going up. > > > > Collections have increased from Rs.6.5 million a> > month

five years ago to> > more than Rs.10 million now. > > The number of devotees arriving on special days> has> > crossed 100,000 and> > on normal days the number is close to 30,000. > > Suresh> > > > >________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> something new> http://in.answers./> > > > > ________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./

Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW