IndiaDivine.org

Navaneetham picture contest - We have a WINNER !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Group,

We have a winner! And our winner is none other than our K.V Gopalakrishnaji!

Congratulations, Gopalakrishnaji!. May God Bless You Always.

I received a total of 8 emails and all have correctly pointed one or other small errors. So, Congratulations to all of you!

Gopalakrishnaji's was the FIRST email I received (7 AM IST; 7.30 PM US/PST ) and he was correct without a doubt!

Other emails are from

PS Vinod - 10.07 pm US/PST , Arun P Pillai - 10.24 pmJayashree - 11 pmKeethi Kumar Menon - 11.32 pmRajan Nair Kinattinkara - 12.33 AMIndu - 2.37 AMSatya Sreenivasa Rao Ramisetty - 8.12 AM

You can see a compilation of the findings at the end of this mail.

Orginal email from Sabarish that made me think about this contest :

" Guruvayoorappan's picture on the last page of Navaneetham (July and August issues) has a mistake. The order of charkam, shankh, gadha, padmam in the picture is wrong. "

I was really surprised to learn that because the source of the picture was Guruvayur Deavswom web site-

http://www.guruvayurdevaswom.org/img/wallpaper/16.jpg

Seems like someone flipped the picture by mistake before posting to the Devaswom web site. And we carried that mistake in Navaneetham.

My sincere apologies.

Here is your email answers -

Gopalakrishnaji:

In fact, there are three glaring mistakes if one has to point out==1. On page-2- Krishna is shown as the 9th Avatara in the array of Avataras. Actually it is the 8th.

2.On page 4, Vamana is shown as keeping his left foot on the head of Mahabali (in the picture, only the kireedam is shown, not the head, that is a different story). But it is actually the right foot.

3. On the last page, the picture of guruvayoorappan looks turned the other way, left should be right and right should be left. Further, what the present left hand carries, (it should be the chakram in the wrong picture) it doesnt look like a chakram.

PS Vinod:My observation says it's on Page 4/39 - Only 9 incarnations instead of 10.

Arun P PillaiI found it .... how come we didnt notice this .... I thing the picture was inverted ... page 39, Bhagawan's photo ...left came as right ...

Jayashreei think the mistake that you are referring to is in the dashavataram picture put on the contents page. picture of kalki avatar is missing.

Keethi Kumar MenonI found the mistake with the photograph printed on 2nd page. Vamana moorthi is shown as 35 - 40 years old man. Its really have to be shown as a "Vamana boy".

Rajan Nair Kinattinkara

It seems there is something wrong with the picture on Page No. 35, i.e. Lord Vishnu bless Vasudevar and Devaki.

InduIn the picture of Dashavatharam ... Kalki is not shown...

Satya Sreenivasa Rao RamisettyI have gone through the pictures and feel that there is issue with this painting on page 15. The right hand fingers of Lord Krishna doesn't show the correct play method. It is the finger tips which should be closing the flute holes rather than the end of the finger. That is my first observation.

Thanks to Sabarish for initiating this and thanks to all of you for your observations and suggestions.

May God Bless You.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:>> Dear Guruvayoor Family,> > Sbarish Narayan Das, one of our group members informed me about a mistake in one of the pictures of Navaneetham, August issue. I was really surprised about it knowing the source of that picture. > > However, before announcing his finding, I like to invite all of you to a small picture CONTEST to figure out the same! > > Contest details,> > Please go through the latest issue of Navaneetham.> Figure out the picture with the mistake,> Email the details of the picture and the mistake at editor > > And last but not least, do not email Sabarish for the answer :)> > Whoever identify and email the correct answer first, will be announced as the PICTURE CONTEST WINNER !! > > I take this opportunity to thank Sabarish and appreciate his great eye, devotion and service. He is our READER OF THE MONTH!! > > Congratulations and great Job Sabarish. May God Bless You Always,> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> > Sunil>

Dear Vinodji,

Pranam

My lord guruvayoorappan give u all good things for you. Pray him and

surrender on his feet.

Advance wishes for you a happy birthday.

Narayana,

Om namo bagavade vasudevaya namaha.

J.Gurukannan

Dubai

guruvayur , " PS, Vinod K \(GE Infra, Energy\) "

<vinod.ps wrote:

>

> !! Sri Rama Jayam !!

> Congrats Gopalakrishnan ji ..... Great job !

> Sunil ji - What is the prize for our dear winner ?? This initiation

of

> yours is highly appreciated. It is a good learning for the editorial

> board to do a further better screening now & bring down the

mistakes.

> Thank you all who participated in this contest. This also calls for

the

> necessity to have more member additions into our board. In the

upcoming

> issues, we need dedicated members to own certain tasks for

enhancing the

> quality & purport of our magazine.