IndiaDivine.org

Guruvayur devasom decisions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya,

Mr. Sreedhar is right in saying that by practising religious tolerance, which is an inherent part of our hindu culture, other religions take it that they can get away with anything. While we have welcomed every other religion with love and tolerance,into our country it appears they do not share the same sentiments and thoughts. they forget that we have given them refuge in our country and today those that came as guests want to be owners!

Shri Krishna's message in the Gita clearly asks us to stand up for righteousness even if one has to wage a war for it.

Regarding the discussions on the udayastamana puja which are presently being discuused in the forum, what is apparent is that the present decision makers of the Guruvayur Devasom Board are trying to capitalise on the devotion of Guruvayur Bhaktas.Politicians add their bit to make things worse.As Shri Sunilji suggests, a white paper would be a good idea, but will it be given any cognisance by the devasom board.

This May'06 I had the good fortune of going to Guruvayur Temple with my family. It being Vaishakam and summer holidays, obviously there were huge crowds waiting patiently in the long queues to only get a Glimpse of the Lord. I observed that those who had political connections came with some letters and were allowed to go in directly without having to wait in the long queues. Also there was a kind of seperate queue for senior citizens whose batches were allowed to go in ,off and on. Some were too old and often looked lost and frantic with their young relatives being in another queue. so a lot of searching around was happening. I was thinking , why can't a system of family darshan coupon be introduced where say there are about 8-10 members of a family. A seperate queue for such coupon holders ensures that all members of the family are praying together in the Sreekovil at the same time. otherwise the amuma / appoopan, goes in thru the senior citizens line, the mother and children thru the ladies line and the father/ uncles etc. thru the gents line. after coming out from the sreekovil ,after darshanam and spending time inside the temple feeling peaceful, one's time is spent in frantically assembling the other family members together.

Another thing that i noticed is the confusion at the prasadam counter. I really have not followed the need for having a seperate counter to purchase a plastic tin for the payasam , a seperate counter for making a receipt for the payasam and a third counter for getting the payasam ! why cannot standard sized prasadam filled containers be issued from one counter . Or one counter for issuing a receipt for whatever prasadam one wants to buy, and one counter for disbursing the same. The devasom employees behind the counters seem to have no spiritual feelings and reply arrogantly to devotees enquiries.

These are small things which can be overlooked, but when we look at it closely let us remember.....

Most people travel miles and miles knowing fully that they are just going to get a one minute darshan of the Lord. Despite this, they make a trip.

Is it not then the duty of the devasom board officials and employees who by the position bestowed on them by the Lord ,consider it their uppermost duty to ensure that the bhaktas enjoy a truly spritual feeling by the very way in which things outside the sreekovil is also conducted.

The Lord is abundance himself, so the devasom board officials need not worry about coming up with more 'money generating ideas' but they should come up with more 'spiritualism generating' and 'bhakti increasing' ideas.Every devotee who comes should go with a feeling of being spritually uplifted in all ways, with a feeling of absolute 'shanti'.

I am sure that when joint representations in this regard is highlighted to the authorities repeatedly, we shall get it one day.

humbly,

Jayashree