IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Help to save our earth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Dear Sunil Bhai,

Exactly said. Very lot to think and act.what our ancestors did we have to learn lot. each and every system and points they are mentioned is absolutely true.

what ever small way we can support we must do.

With Love,

Sree

Sunil Menon <menon_sunilguruvayur Sent: Tuesday, 29 August, 2006 2:42:04 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: Help to save our earth

Dear Sreedharji,

I join Syamalaji and Chandraji in thanking you for your concern for our mother-Goddess Earth!

>Yes nobody realise the need to save the enviornment. For our > carelessness, coming generation will have to pay heavily.

I totally agree with Syamalaji. One of my recent projects were to create an information system to effectively manage available water resources. That is where I learned something very shocking - 'Most of the wars in this century will be fought for WATER rights' !

This might seems like a joke to many, but think about Kaveri issue, or water crisis in cities like Bombay, Bangalore and Chennai; where only 40% gets clean water. Majority of people in such cities lives in slums. We and our police beat them and jail them when they try to take drops of water by making holes in the huge pipeline that brings water to our high rise flats! Yes, water wars are already begun.

Our sacred river Ganga contain unacceptable levels of arsenic, and is so depleted that the wetlands and mangrove forests of West Bengal and Bangladesh are nearing its end. [ Read BBC article for more about Ganga - http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 2/hi/south_ asia/683566. stm ]

Were we like this always?

Our religious teaching tells us a DIFFERENT story. Think about our heritage of SARPA KAVU or having a pond in every home. That shows us the conservation/ respecting the nature aspect of our religion and tradition . We worshipped nature and considered certain plants and animals as sacred. As Mohan-ji points out in his mail to the group of Holy Tulasi.

We set aside patches of land as "sacred forest/groves" . Sarpa Kavu in our homes, Ayyappan kavus dedicated to Lord Ayyapan, and the small forest groves in temples like Kadambuzha and Thirumandhakunnu Bhagavathi temple in my part of Malabar. Where did we loose that part of of our hertiage?

Our puranas teach us to respect everything and earth is our mother and Goddess. One of the proudest part of our culture that I explain to my western co-workers is our preservation and respect for nature.

It makes me sad that we are loosing our heritage so fast, everywhere including in Kerala.

At least, let us use less water, plant more trees and share our resources with needy than being greedy.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

"sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 > wrote:

Hare Krishna,

Help to save our own earth .....

With Love,

Sree