IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] how much is enough!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna Dear Shri Chandrasekharji and Balagopalji First of all let me admit that my knowledge in this very very limited. But I would like to put my humble opinion on this. But I am not replying exactly, to the question "how much is enough" but I think indirectly this can be an answer The money earned should be equally distributed in the following manner: 1. for looking after the parents and own family 2. for adhyamitka purpose - serving God- Infact what we have is only the gift of God and though God Almighty does not need anything from us, I think we must utilise part of the wealth for noble cause like jeernodharanam of temples etc. and make sure that it is utilised porperly 3. for serving the mankind - this includes

providing food , clothes and if possible shelter to those who are needy . There are many Anadadhashrams which undertake this job just with the intention of serving the downtrodden (without aiming any monetary gain out of it) and they are fully dependent on the donors who donates generously by way of clothes, food and money. A portion of the wealth can be utilised for such things 4. for self enjoyment - this includes pilgrimage to places of one's interest and also pleasure trip alongwith family atleast once in a year. 5. Invest a portion of wealth suitably which will give return to our coming generations I think if we utlise the God given gift (wealth) keeping a balance of all the above, we will be utilising only what we need and what is enough I

do not know how far I am correct. I would be obliged to have your suggestions which I value very much Humbly Syamala Chandra Sekharan Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Dear Shri Balagopal, Almost 2 weeks passed and there is no response to this question how much is

enough. I do not know if there is any mention in Githa about this but from a learned person I heard there is mention of this in Manu sasthram. One can keep upto 6 times of his income for himself and the rest to be donated to those who are needy. In Jnanapaana Shri Poonthanam describes onnukittiyal patthakkan moham, patthu kittiyal satham etc.. and the desire goes on. First one must learn to control the desire and live with what one gets and be content with that. That should be enough for this time. Since you are in a different project we will discuss this at a later

time Ohm Narayanaaya Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > Really a beautiful piece.> > Now let us ask this question-> how much is enough. > Who decides it. > How to decide it.> What does our Bhagavan say in this regard in his Gita.> > Looking forward towards some solid inputs from our> members.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > --- Chandra Menon chandrasmenon2002 wrote:> > > Dear Balagopal,> > Thanks for opening a different forum to focus our> > attention and re-producing this knowldge of> > Vidhyadhanam.> > I learned one from

neethisaram> > > > arthaanam Arjane dukham> > Arjithananthu rakshaNe> > Aye dukham, vyaye dukham> > artha kim dukha bhajanam.> > means> > artha- money- to earn money one has to struggle> > after earning struggle to keep it safe> > income is problem, and spending is dukham> > money itself is a vessel of sorrows.> > This does not mean we do not need money> > but like Pakanaar earn just enough for our needs. > > > > balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal wrote:> > HARI AUM> > > > Browsing thru the site:> > http://sanskrit.gde.to/> > referred by Shree Sabarish, came across this popular> > saying:"vidhyadhanam sarvadhanalpradhanam".> > > > The sloka says:> > Na Chorahaaryam> > Na Cha Rajahaaryam> > Na

Bhrathrubhajyam> > Na Cha Bhaarakari> > Vyaye Kruthe> > Vardhatha Eva Nithyam> > Vidhydhanam Sarvadhanal Pradhanam.> > > > The word meaninga are:> > > > na chorahaaryaM It cannot be stolen> > by thieves,> > na cha raajahaaryaM Nor can it be taken> > away by kings.> > na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM It cannot be> > divided among brothers> > na cha bhaarakaari | It does not cause a> > load on your shoulders.> > vyaye kR^ite If spent..> > vardhata eva nityam It indeed always> > keeps growing.> > vidyaadhanaM The wealth of> > knowledge..> > sarvadhanapradhaanaM || Is the most> > superior wealth of all!> > > > Listed in subhAShitaratnAkaraH by kR^iShNashastri> > bhATavaDekara,> > page 50 sh.4 as vidyAprasha.nsA. 1913.

(1st line> > variation chora or chaura).> > Originally from sabhAtara.ngiNii by bhAmini(not> > confirmed).> > > > Regards> > > > Balagopal> > > > PS: Since knowledge grows as one spends (spreads)it> > more and more, let us all keep sharing our knowledge> > related to Bhagavan and all that will help a person> > to> > move ahead in his pursuit of HIM.> > Feel free to post your knowledge fearlessly in this> > forum without taking up on any one or group> > personally.> > > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > > >> ________> > India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> > something new> > http://in.answers./> > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new> http://in.answers./>

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Dear Chandra Sekharan Menon ji,

I am not sure abt how much I cud follow the purport of ur question. I hope we're centering around - how much to earn & how much to spend ?

This is again a subject of personal interest ( & capacity) to me. I have a story to share with you.

It relates to Shri Buddha. Once, while walking along the roads of a province, Buddha happened to see a group of people collecting taxes from the residents & shopkeepers. To the surprise, the tax money was same for all. This was not a democratic country anyhow ! It meant that - the haves & havenots were to pay the same amount to the administration, irrespective of any discrimination. Though it was very well affordable for the rich people, the poor were finding it a little difficult. In the process of collecting the tax money, they saw an old beggar sitting at the roadside. The people informed him to pay the tax as he was also the resident of the state. Finding it too hard to resist the words & administrative explanations of the taxcolllectors, the beggar produced a piece of bread & a penny to them. To this, the administers charged a case against the beggar for not paying the required tax. Buddha then reached to the rescue of the beggar. Buddha advocated that undoubtedly the beggar stands above all the other tax payers for he was in a position to pay all he possessed. The act of his sacrifice was uncomparable. Buddha taught the mass that it was not how much you pay becomes ultimately important but how you pay it earns the respect & reward for you. A thousand penny donated for any great cause with a diminishing faith is much inferior to the least donation one could make with divine satisfaction.

I hope this story may answer you querry to some extent.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of Chandra Sekharan MenonThursday, August 31, 2006 7:00 PMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: how much is enough!!!!

Dear Shri Balagopal,

Almost 2 weeks passed and there is no response to this question how much is enough.

I do not know if there is any mention in Githa about this but from a learned person

I heard there is mention of this in Manu sasthram. One can keep upto 6 times of his

income for himself and the rest to be donated to those who are needy. In Jnanapaana

Shri Poonthanam describes onnukittiyal patthakkan moham, patthu kittiyal

satham etc.. and the desire goes on. First one must learn to control the desire and live with what

one gets and be content with that. That should be enough for this time.

Since you are in a different project we will discuss this at a later time

Ohm Narayanaaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > Really a beautiful piece.> > Now let us ask this question-> how much is enough. > Who decides it. > How to decide it.> What does our Bhagavan say in this regard in his Gita.> > Looking forward towards some solid inputs from our> members.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > --- Chandra Menon chandrasmenon2002 wrote:> > > Dear Balagopal,> > Thanks for opening a different forum to focus our> > attention and re-producing this knowldge of> > Vidhyadhanam.> > I learned one from neethisaram> > > > arthaanam Arjane dukham> > Arjithananthu rakshaNe> > Aye dukham, vyaye dukham> > artha kim dukha bh! ajanam.> > means> > artha- money- to earn money one has to struggle> > after earning struggle to keep it safe> > income is problem, and spending is dukham> > money itself is a vessel of sorrows.> > This does not mean we do not need money> > but like Pakanaar earn just enough for our needs. > > > > balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal wrote:> > HARI AUM> > > > Browsing thru the site:> > http://sanskrit.gde.to/> > referred by Shree Sabarish, came across this popular> > saying:"vidhyadhanam sarvadhanalpradhanam".> > > > The sloka says:> > Na Chorahaaryam> > Na Cha Rajahaaryam> > Na Bhrathrubhajyam> > Na Cha Bhaarakari> > Vyaye Kruthe> > Vardhatha Eva Nithyam> > Vidhydhanam Sarvadhanal Pradhanam.> > > > The wo! rd meaninga are:> > > > na chorahaaryaM It cannot be stolen> > by thieves,> > na cha raajahaaryaM Nor can it be taken> > away by kings.> > na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM It cannot be> > divided among brothers> > na cha bhaarakaari | It does not cause a> > load on your shoulders.> > vyaye kR^ite If spent..> > vardhata eva nityam It indeed always> > keeps growing.> > vidyaadhanaM The wealth of> > knowledge..> > sarvadhanapradhaanaM || Is the most> > superior wealth of all!> > > > Listed in subhAShitaratnAkaraH by kR^iShNashastri> > bhATavaDekara,> > page 50 sh.4 as vidyAprasha.nsA. 1913. (1st line> > variation chora or chaura).> > Originally from sabhAtara.ngiNii by bhAmini(not> > confirmed).> > > > Regards> > > > Balagopal> > > > PS: Since knowledge grows! as one spends (spreads)it> > more and more, let us all keep sharing our knowledge> > related to Bhagavan and all that will help a person> > to> > move ahead in his pursuit of HIM.> > Feel free to post your knowledge fearlessly in this> > forum without taking up on any one or group> > personally.> > > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > > >> ________> > India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> > something new> > http://in.answers./> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new> http://in.! answers./>

HARI AUM

I suggest to look for what our Bhagavan has said about

it in his 'Gita'.

How has he dealt these in his life time. What message

has he given to us through his life and works.

It will be interesting in many ways.

I am sure there are quite a few amongst us who do

really have some knowledge about these matters. Hope

they will throw more light on it.

In fact the whole world moves on this fulcrum of

ASPIRATIONS and AMBITIONS smothered by the desire to

be CONTENTED too. The Mahabharata itself if a

depiction of these strong emotions.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath wrote:

> Jai Sreekrishna

>

> Dear Shri Chandrasekharji and Balagopalji

>

> First of all let me admit that my knowledge in

> this very very limited. But I would like to put my

> humble opinion on this. But I am not replying

> exactly, to the question " how much is enough " but I

> think indirectly this can be an answer

>

> The money earned should be equally distributed

> in the following manner:

>

> 1. for looking after the parents and own family

>

> 2. for adhyamitka purpose - serving God- Infact

> what we have is only the gift of God and though

> God Almighty does not need anything from us, I think

> we must utilise part of the wealth for noble cause

> like jeernodharanam of temples etc. and make sure

> that it is utilised porperly

>

> 3. for serving the mankind - this includes

> providing food , clothes and if possible shelter to

> those who are needy . There are many Anadadhashrams

> which undertake this job just with the intention

> of serving the downtrodden (without aiming any

> monetary gain out of it) and they are fully

> dependent on the donors who donates generously by

> way of clothes, food and money. A portion of the

> wealth can be utilised for such things

>

> 4. for self enjoyment - this includes pilgrimage

> to places of one's interest and also pleasure trip

> alongwith family atleast once in a year.

>

> 5. Invest a portion of wealth suitably which

> will give return to our coming generations

>

> I think if we utlise the God given gift (wealth)

> keeping a balance of all the above, we will be

> utilising only what we need and what is enough

>

> I do not know how far I am correct. I would be

> obliged to have your suggestions which I value very

> much

>

> Humbly

> Syamala

>

>

>

> Chandra Sekharan Menon <chandrasmenon2002

> wrote:

> Dear Shri Balagopal,

> Almost 2 weeks passed and there is no response to

> this question how much is enough.

> I do not know if there is any mention in Githa

> about this but from a learned person

> I heard there is mention of this in Manu sasthram.

> One can keep upto 6 times of his

> income for himself and the rest to be donated to

> those who are needy. In Jnanapaana

> Shri Poonthanam describes onnukittiyal patthakkan

> moham, patthu kittiyal

> satham etc.. and the desire goes on. First one

> must learn to control the desire and live with what

> one gets and be content with that. That should be

> enough for this time.

> Since you are in a different project we will

> discuss this at a later time

> Ohm Narayanaaya Namah

> Chandra Sekharan Menon

>

>

> guruvayur , balagopal

> ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> >

> > HARI AUM

> >

> > Really a beautiful piece.

> >

> > Now let us ask this question-

> > how much is enough.

> > Who decides it.

> > How to decide it.

> > What does our Bhagavan say in this regard in his

> Gita.

> >

> > Looking forward towards some solid inputs from our

> > members.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Balagopal

> >

> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> >

> > --- Chandra Menon chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

> >

> > > Dear Balagopal,

> > > Thanks for opening a different forum to focus

> our

> > > attention and re-producing this knowldge of

> > > Vidhyadhanam.

> > > I learned one from neethisaram

> > >

> > > arthaanam Arjane dukham

> > > Arjithananthu rakshaNe

> > > Aye dukham, vyaye dukham

> > > artha kim dukha bhajanam.

> > > means

> > > artha- money- to earn money one has to struggle

> > > after earning struggle to keep it safe

> > > income is problem, and spending is dukham

> > > money itself is a vessel of sorrows.

> > > This does not mean we do not need money

> > > but like Pakanaar earn just enough for our

> needs.

> > >

> > > balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal wrote:

> > > HARI AUM

> > >

> > > Browsing thru the site:

> > > http://sanskrit.gde.to/

> > > referred by Shree Sabarish, came across this

> popular

> > > saying: " vidhyadhanam sarvadhanalpradhanam " .

> > >

> > > The sloka says:

> > > Na Chorahaaryam

> > > Na Cha Rajahaaryam

> > > Na Bhrathrubhajyam

> > > Na Cha Bhaarakari

> > > Vyaye Kruthe

> > > Vardhatha Eva Nithyam

> > > Vidhydhanam Sarvadhanal Pradhanam.

> > >

> > > The word meaninga are:

> > >

> > > na chorahaaryaM It cannot be stolen

> > > by thieves,

> > > na cha raajahaaryaM Nor can it be taken

> > > away by kings.

> > > na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM It cannot be

> > > divided among brothers

> > > na cha bhaarakaari | It does not cause a

> > > load on your shoulders.

> > > vyaye kR^ite If spent..

> > > vardhata eva nityam It indeed always

> > > keeps growing.

> > > vidyaadhanaM The wealth of

> > > knowledge..

> > > sarvadhanapradhaanaM || Is the most

> > > superior wealth of all!

> > >

> > > Listed in subhAShitaratnAkaraH by

> kR^iShNashastri

> > > bhATavaDekara,

> > > page 50 sh.4 as vidyAprasha.nsA. 1913. (1st line

> > > variation chora or chaura).

> > > Originally from sabhAtara.ngiNii by bhAmini(not

> > > confirmed).

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Balagopal

> > >

> > > PS: Since knowledge grows as one spends

> (spreads)it

> > > more and more, let us all keep sharing our

> knowledge

> > > related to Bhagavan and all that will help a

> person

> > > to

> > > move ahead in his pursuit of HIM.

> > > Feel free to post your knowledge fearlessly in

> this

> > > forum without taking up on any one or group

> > > personally.

> > >

> > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

________

> > > India Answers: Share what you know. Learn

> > > something new

> > > http://in.answers./

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

________

>

=== message truncated ===

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Hare Krishna,

A very good beautiful story which Vinod bhai is given and lot to be learn ed from it. Here is given simple way of understanding the message on my knowledge.

Human being Obligation that to serve the poor and every one whose financial situation is above a specified minimum must pay annul some % of his cash, Gold, silver, or bonds e.t.c. The collected wealth is used for such causes as supporting the impoverished and the unemployed. On the other hand, it may be used to help a needy person. The more you pay the greater the reward that the God shall bestow on us.

The money paid as is not God needs or receives. He is above any want of desire. He in his immeasurable mercy promises us tremendous rewards if we help our brethren. However, there is no basic condition for being so rewarded. It is that when we pay in the name of God, we shall not expect nor demand any worldly gains from the persons receiving our gifts nor aim at making our mark as philanthropists.

Giving is as a form of worship, such as prayer and fasting. Its main importance lies in the fact that it fosters in us the qualities of sacrifice and rids us of selfishness and greed. Gods wants only those peoples who are ready to give in God’s way from their hard earned wealth willingly and with out expecting any temporarily gain or personal gain. It has nothing to do with misers. A true devotes when the calls comes ,sacrifice all his belonging in the way of God because helping nature has already trained him for such sacrifice.

It is a duty of every well –to -- do person to help his unfortunate, impoverished brothers. His wealth is not to be spend solely for his comfort and luxury – there are rightful claimants on his wealth. They are society’s widows and orphans, the poor and the invalid, and those who have the ability but lack of the means by which to get employment. They are those who have talents and intelligence but not the money which to use these abilities. He who does not recognise the right such members of his community have on his wealth is indeed cruel.

We should help them stand on their own two feet so they can become productive members of the society.

With Love,

Sree

Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunathguruvayur Sent: Friday, 1 September, 2006 11:56:15 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: how much is enough!!!!

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear Shri Chandrasekharji and Balagopalji

First of all let me admit that my knowledge in this very very limited. But I would like to put my humble opinion on this. But I am not replying exactly, to the question "how much is enough" but I think indirectly this can be an answer

The money earned should be equally distributed in the following manner:

1. for looking after the parents and own family

2. for adhyamitka purpose - serving God- Infact what we have is only the gift of God and though God Almighty does not need anything from us, I think we must utilise part of the wealth for noble cause like jeernodharanam of temples etc. and make sure that it is utilised porperly

3. for serving the mankind - this includes providing food , clothes and if possible shelter to those who are needy . There are many Anadadhashrams which undertake this job just with the intention of serving the downtrodden (without aiming any monetary gain out of it) and they are fully dependent on the donors who donates generously by way of clothes, food and money. A portion of the wealth can be utilised for such things

4. for self enjoyment - this includes pilgrimage to places of one's interest and also pleasure trip alongwith family atleast once in a year.

5. Invest a portion of wealth suitably which will give return to our coming generations

I think if we utlise the God given gift (wealth) keeping a balance of all the above, we will be utilising only what we need and what is enough

I do not know how far I am correct. I would be obliged to have your suggestions which I value very much

Humbly

Syamala

Chandra Sekharan Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:

Dear Shri Balagopal,

Almost 2 weeks passed and there is no response to this question how much is enough.

I do not know if there is any mention in Githa about this but from a learned person

I heard there is mention of this in Manu sasthram. One can keep upto 6 times of his

income for himself and the rest to be donated to those who are needy. In Jnanapaana

Shri Poonthanam describes onnukittiyal patthakkan moham, patthu kittiyal

satham etc.. and the desire goes on. First one must learn to control the desire and live with what

one gets and be content with that. That should be enough for this time.

Since you are in a different project we will discuss this at a later time

Ohm Narayanaaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

guruvayur@grou ps.com, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > Really a beautiful piece.> > Now let us ask this question-> how much is enough. > Who decides it. > How to decide it.> What does our Bhagavan say in this regard in his Gita.> > Looking forward towards some solid inputs from our> members.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > --- Chandra Menon chandrasmenon2002@ ... wrote:> > > Dear Balagopal,> > Thanks for opening a different forum to focus our> > attention and re-producing this knowldge of> > Vidhyadhanam.> > I learned one from neethisaram> > > > arthaanam Arjane dukham> > Arjithananthu rakshaNe> > Aye dukham, vyaye dukham> > artha kim dukha

bhajanam.> > means> > artha- money- to earn money one has to struggle> > after earning struggle to keep it safe> > income is problem, and spending is dukham> > money itself is a vessel of sorrows.> > This does not mean we do not need money> > but like Pakanaar earn just enough for our needs. > > > > balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal wrote:> > HARI AUM> > > > Browsing thru the site:> > http://sanskrit. gde.to/> > referred by Shree Sabarish, came across this popular> > saying:"vidhyadhana m sarvadhanalpradhana m".> > > > The sloka says:> > Na Chorahaaryam> > Na Cha Rajahaaryam> > Na Bhrathrubhajyam> > Na Cha Bhaarakari> > Vyaye Kruthe> > Vardhatha Eva Nithyam> > Vidhydhanam Sarvadhanal Pradhanam.> > > > The word

meaninga are:> > > > na chorahaaryaM It cannot be stolen> > by thieves,> > na cha raajahaaryaM Nor can it be taken> > away by kings.> > na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM It cannot be> > divided among brothers> > na cha bhaarakaari | It does not cause a> > load on your shoulders.> > vyaye kR^ite If spent..> > vardhata eva nityam It indeed always> > keeps growing.> > vidyaadhanaM The wealth of> > knowledge..> > sarvadhanapradhaana M || Is the most> > superior wealth of all!> > > > Listed in subhAShitaratnAkara H by kR^iShNashastri> > bhATavaDekara,> > page 50 sh.4 as vidyAprasha. nsA. 1913. (1st line> > variation chora or chaura).> > Originally from sabhAtara.ngiNii by bhAmini(not> > confirmed).> > > > Regards> > > >

Balagopal> > > > PS: Since knowledge grows as one spends (spreads)it> > more and more, let us all keep sharing our knowledge> > related to Bhagavan and all that will help a person> > to> > move ahead in his pursuit of HIM.> > Feel free to post your knowledge fearlessly in this> > forum without taking up on any one or group> > personally.> > > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> > something new> > http://in.answers. /> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new>

http://in.answers. />

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Bhagavat gita does not say how much is enough. But it says nirAseeryathachitthAthma thyaktha sarvaparigrahah sAriram kevalam karma kurvannApnothi kilbisham. Free from expectations controllingmind and the self, giving up all possessions one doees work just tomaintain the body and soul, and he does not incur any sin. And yadhrcchAlAbha santhushtah dvandvAtheethO vimathsarah samah siddhaAvasiddhou cha krthvApi na nibadhyathE. Content with what he gets by chance, transcending dualities, without envy, equanimous in loss and gain, one is not bound by his works. Bhagavatgita is a work teaching renunciation of the fruit of works and to expect it to tell you how much is enough is meaningless.In bahagavath Bhagavan says that He would take away all possessions from one whom He wants to shower HIs grace.this

does not mean He will make His devotee poor but will make him detached from all possessions as Kuchela was even after he got his riches. Bajagovindam says,one who has given up all possessions and their enjoyment. Such a person lives under a tree outside a temple, suramandhiratharumoolanivasah, he sleeps on the ground and wears a skin sayyaa bhoothalam ajinam vaasah, yet he is full of joy because he has no desires. Shankara asks kasya sukham na karothi viragah, where is the unhappiness when one is detached? Thiuvalluvar says, ‘vendaamai

anna vizuchchelvam eendillai aandum ahdhoppadhil, ‘ there is no greater wealth than contentment. Has there been any example for this? There were many as we see the saints like Ramakrishna and Ramana in all ages. Even in the west we read about people such as Diogenes who, when asked by Alexander the great to express his wish , said that he wished only that Alexander would move away as he was obstructing the Sun. Such was the inner joy experienced by the realized masters. Even the dharmasastra prescribes the dharma for a brahmin as follows: He should not save anything and without worrying about his next meal should spend all his time in studying the scriptures and teaching it to others an din meditating on God. wE have so many instances when God himself has looked afer ther needs as He promises in gita 'ananyAschinthanthO mAm yE janAh paryupAsathE ,thEshAm nithyAbhiyukthAnAm yogakshEmam vahAmyaham'. All the social evils of today is because the brahmins became kshatriyas and vaisyas etc by avarice because when they remained pure the society looked after them as being the custodians of culture and spirituality. When they, who were looked up as the examples of virtue became corrupt the whole society became so. o the conclusion is how much is enough is not the real problem for one who wants spiritual progress as sankara says inbajagovinda, 'yallabhathE nija karmOpAttham vittham thEna vinOdhaya chittham.' Be contented with what you have according to your Karma. God only

knows how much you should have and he will give it. SarojaRamanujam balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMI suggest to look for what our Bhagavan has said aboutit in his 'Gita'. How has he dealt these in his life time. What messagehas he given to us through his life and works. It will be interesting in many ways.I am sure there are quite a few amongst us

who doreally have some knowledge about these matters. Hopethey will throw more light on it.In fact the whole world moves on this fulcrum ofASPIRATIONS and AMBITIONS smothered by the desire tobe CONTENTED too. The Mahabharata itself if adepiction of these strong emotions.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunath > wrote:> Jai Sreekrishna> > Dear Shri Chandrasekharji and Balagopalji> > First of all let me admit that my knowledge in> this very very limited. But I would like to put my> humble opinion on this. But I am not replying> exactly, to the question "how much is enough" but I> think indirectly this can be an answer > > The money earned should be equally distributed> in the following manner:> > 1. for

looking after the parents and own family> > 2. for adhyamitka purpose - serving God- Infact> what we have is only the gift of God and though> God Almighty does not need anything from us, I think> we must utilise part of the wealth for noble cause> like jeernodharanam of temples etc. and make sure> that it is utilised porperly> > 3. for serving the mankind - this includes> providing food , clothes and if possible shelter to> those who are needy . There are many Anadadhashrams > which undertake this job just with the intention> of serving the downtrodden (without aiming any> monetary gain out of it) and they are fully> dependent on the donors who donates generously by> way of clothes, food and money. A portion of the> wealth can be utilised for such things> > 4. for self enjoyment - this includes pilgrimage> to places of one's interest

and also pleasure trip> alongwith family atleast once in a year. > > 5. Invest a portion of wealth suitably which > will give return to our coming generations> > I think if we utlise the God given gift (wealth)> keeping a balance of all the above, we will be> utilising only what we need and what is enough> > I do not know how far I am correct. I would be> obliged to have your suggestions which I value very> much> > Humbly> Syamala> > > > Chandra Sekharan Menon <chandrasmenon2002 >> wrote:> Dear Shri Balagopal,> Almost 2 weeks passed and there is no response to> this question how much is enough.> I do not know if there is any mention in Githa> about this but from a learned person> I heard there is mention of this in Manu

sasthram.> One can keep upto 6 times of his> income for himself and the rest to be donated to> those who are needy. In Jnanapaana> Shri Poonthanam describes onnukittiyal patthakkan> moham, patthu kittiyal> satham etc.. and the desire goes on. First one> must learn to control the desire and live with what> one gets and be content with that. That should be> enough for this time. > Since you are in a different project we will> discuss this at a later time> Ohm Narayanaaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon> > > guruvayur , balagopal> ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:> >> > HARI AUM> > > > Really a beautiful piece.> > > > Now let us ask this question-> > how much is enough. > > Who decides it.

> > How to decide it.> > What does our Bhagavan say in this regard in his> Gita.> > > > Looking forward towards some solid inputs from our> > members.> > > > Regards> > > > Balagopal> > > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > --- Chandra Menon chandrasmenon2002 wrote:> > > > > Dear Balagopal,> > > Thanks for opening a different forum to focus> our> > > attention and re-producing this knowldge of> > > Vidhyadhanam.> > > I learned one from neethisaram> > > > > > arthaanam Arjane dukham> > > Arjithananthu rakshaNe> > > Aye dukham, vyaye dukham> > > artha kim dukha bhajanam.> > > means> > > artha- money- to earn money one has to struggle> > > after

earning struggle to keep it safe> > > income is problem, and spending is dukham> > > money itself is a vessel of sorrows.> > > This does not mean we do not need money> > > but like Pakanaar earn just enough for our> needs. > > > > > > balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal wrote:> > > HARI AUM> > > > > > Browsing thru the site:> > > http://sanskrit.gde.to/> > > referred by Shree Sabarish, came across this> popular> > > saying:"vidhyadhanam sarvadhanalpradhanam".> > > > > > The sloka says:> > > Na Chorahaaryam> > > Na Cha Rajahaaryam> > > Na Bhrathrubhajyam> > > Na Cha Bhaarakari> > > Vyaye Kruthe> > > Vardhatha Eva Nithyam> > > Vidhydhanam

Sarvadhanal Pradhanam.> > > > > > The word meaninga are:> > > > > > na chorahaaryaM It cannot be stolen> > > by thieves,> > > na cha raajahaaryaM Nor can it be taken> > > away by kings.> > > na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM It cannot be> > > divided among brothers> > > na cha bhaarakaari | It does not cause a> > > load on your shoulders.> > > vyaye kR^ite If spent..> > > vardhata eva nityam It indeed always> > > keeps growing.> > > vidyaadhanaM The wealth of> > > knowledge..> > > sarvadhanapradhaanaM || Is the most> > > superior wealth of all!> > > > > > Listed in subhAShitaratnAkaraH by> kR^iShNashastri> > > bhATavaDekara,> > > page 50 sh.4 as vidyAprasha.nsA. 1913. (1st

line> > > variation chora or chaura).> > > Originally from sabhAtara.ngiNii by bhAmini(not> > > confirmed).> > > > > > Regards> > > > > > Balagopal> > > > > > PS: Since knowledge grows as one spends> (spreads)it> > > more and more, let us all keep sharing our> knowledge> > > related to Bhagavan and all that will help a> person> > > to> > > move ahead in his pursuit of HIM.> > > Feel free to post your knowledge fearlessly in> this> > > forum without taking up on any one or group> > > personally.> > > > > > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > > > > > >> >>________> > >

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> > > something new> > > http://in.answers./> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>________> === message truncated ===________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./ May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

HARI AUM

Smt Saroja Ramanujam's posting is very enlightening.

Every time one contributes it helps both the person

who posts and we the readers who read them.

From the mail it gives a glimpse of the problem. As

she said Kuchela when connected with Bhagavan became

WEALTHY in all means from his earlier status of being

POOR.So Bhagavan intends his Bhakthas to be in a state

of ABUNDANCE and not in scarcity.

But as Smt Sarojaji says it is not a POSSESSIONAL

problem but an ATTITUDINAL one.The problem are not the

THINGS whether material, emotional or spiritual but

one's ATTITUDE towards it. The ATTITUDE bhagavan asks

one to develop is that of DETACHMENT.

Hope to receive more light on this.

Regards