IndiaDivine.org

Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ram Ram,

Dear Friends..there is a very easy way of God realisation.You dont have to do anything.It is a sahaj bodh ie. a very natural process.In all worldly matters effort is required...you have to do something to acheive something.but in God realisation you just have to be your true self.

Just surrender to god...do your daily work as God's wish and devote yourself exclusively to God.Dont have any doubts in mind...just faith in GOD...he is all merciful..the supreme abode of all happiness. We have taken so many supports in life..ie. of money,friends,knowledge etc.Swamiji used to say that depend only on him...whatever may come your way take it as God's work.he is secretly making things happen for you...in misery or happiness...all are his ways,his works. Just know that he is your best wellwisher...ur mother and father. Be totally exclusively dependent on him and work whatever you are doing.No effort is required to know him for he is the only existence.Just start the process of throwing off knowledge ....what will remain in the end is pure knowledge. You have to unwind things...throw off the garb of worldly mind and intellect...just the pure self will remain.

Bhaav is the greatest thing...one must have "feel"...nothing will be gained by mere talk and discourses. Unless you feel for the other beings,feel for the supreme self,devote urself exclusively to him....a farmer working in the fields and constantly thinking of god is better than a learned man reading scriptures...know this simple thing.

Hari sharnam.

On Behalf Of Gita Prapann Parivar02 December 2005 09:41 Subject: Re: Question: What is preventing me from being a sharnagat

Ram Ram

In short, I feel the main reason is non exclusivity. There is a fear inside of letting go of everything else. And in 'sharnagati' you have to let go of everything else. No support of anything else. Till there is support or dependence on anything except God, you are not a true sharnagat. Till you are holding on to anything else, you are not a sharnagat. We have learnt but not applied. The true sharnagat ceases to exist. Only the sharanya remains.

There was a disciple who asked his guru 'How should I become a shranagat?' Hos guru answered that 'are you not a sharnagat? Think about it.' He came back the next day and replied that 'yes, I already am'. What this implies is that you do not have to become a sharnagat - you already are. You just have to realise it

Ram Ram

OM

I fully agree with Shri Amit Sharma's view. This is what I believe. We must understand that, nothing is in our hand. GOD is the producer and director and we are only actors.

I must say that, this is the best message I received so far.

H.K. Sudhakara

-

Sharma Amit

Friday, December 02, 2005 12:59 PM

RE: Questions

Ram Ram,

Dear Friends..there is a very easy way of God realisation.You dont have to do anything.It is a sahaj bodh ie. a very natural process.In all worldly matters effort is required...you have to do something to acheive something.but in God realisation you just have to be your true self.

Just surrender to god...do your daily work as God's wish and devote yourself exclusively to God.Dont have any doubts in mind...just faith in GOD...he is all merciful..the supreme abode of all happiness. We have taken so many supports in life..ie. of money,friends,knowledge etc.Swamiji used to say that depend only on him...whatever may come your way take it as God's work.he is secretly making things happen for you...in misery or happiness...all are his ways,his works. Just know that he is your best wellwisher...ur mother and father. Be totally exclusively dependent on him and work whatever you are doing.No effort is required to know him for he is the only existence.Just start the process of throwing off knowledge ....what will remain in the end is pure knowledge. You have to unwind things...throw off the garb of worldly mind and intellect...just the pure self will remain.

Bhaav is the greatest thing...one must have "feel"...nothing will be gained by mere talk and discourses. Unless you feel for the other beings,feel for the supreme self,devote urself exclusively to him....a farmer working in the fields and constantly thinking of god is better than a learned man reading scriptures...know this simple thing.

Hari sharnam.

On Behalf Of Gita Prapann Parivar02 December 2005 09:41 Subject: Re: Question: What is preventing me from being a sharnagat

Ram Ram

In short, I feel the main reason is non exclusivity. There is a fear inside of letting go of everything else. And in 'sharnagati' you have to let go of everything else. No support of anything else. Till there is support or dependence on anything except God, you are not a true sharnagat. Till you are holding on to anything else, you are not a sharnagat. We have learnt but not applied. The true sharnagat ceases to exist. Only the sharanya remains.

There was a disciple who asked his guru 'How should I become a shranagat?' Hos guru answered that 'are you not a sharnagat? Think about it.' He came back the next day and replied that 'yes, I already am'. What this implies is that you do not have to become a sharnagat - you already are. You just have to realise it

Ram Ram

• 9 months later...

HARI AUM

Dear Shree Ganapathy Raman,

It is very nice of you to point out the fact that I

have been raising more questions.

Let me put it this way: Why Questions?

We ask questions mainly for:

1. to know about something we do not know.

2. to get more clarity on a matter

3. to trigger others’ thought process

4. to know what others’ think about the issue

5. to arrive at a consensus.

Asking questions is a good way to keep the discussions

live and make it more meaningful. This will also

enable the person asking questions to check his

info/knowledge etc with that of others.

More importantly it is better to ask questions than

try to make statements when one knows that there are

more competent persons to speak. That is what Arjuna

did with Krishna, and we got blessed with ‘Bhagavad

Gita’. I think major parts of Mahabharatha are also in

a question answer format. It was not that Yudhishter

did not know anything about the different Dharma, but

chose to learn from Bhishma before he left for the

nether world.

Once again thanking you profusely for the sincere,

forthright and caring words; I also always envy the

earnestness and intensity you put into your postings.

Looking forward to many more of your mails

Thanking You,

With lots of Love, Respect and Regards,

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

> I actually wonder what happened to friend

> Balagopal?Why can't Balagopal post some nice

> articles instead of raising questions and ask others

> to reply for his questions.Does it not look like

> strange.I hv seen members giving their opinions and

> ask for clarifications.But in the case of Balagopal

> he is more interested in asking questions and want

> others to answer.Something like a teacher.First you

> post some articles and allow others to question you

> abt and ask your opinions.Instead you just post

> something and want others to reply for your queries

> which in my opinion is not a nice way.I don't want

> to question your right to get opinions from others

> but this seems to be a regular feature on your

> part.That is not fair in my opinion.Questions can be

> asked by anybody on any subject.But first one must

> post some nice article and if others ask for

> clarifications then one must be capable of

> answering.Simply raising something that may or may

> not be acceptale ,in my opinion is not

> palatable.

> I don't hv any ill will against you and I consider

> you as my good friend but the way you ask questions

> and making others to reply is simply absurd and

> ridiculous.I hv expresed only my opinions ane don't

> expect others to to my views.If you

> understand this it is well and good.Again I stress I

> hv nothing against you but only my suggestion to

> you..You seem to be too much attached to Hinduism

> then post some nice articles on that instead of

> asking others to yr views.Will it not be

> worthwhile.Sorry,If this offends you as that is not

> my intention May be you may get annoyed with me,that

> does not matter,.I hv expressed only my opinion and

> I also welcome if some comments come abt my postings

> favourably or otherwise,I am not bothered as all hv

> got their own views.It is possible that others may

> not like my straight way of finding fault with

> you.But if you take it serious you may

> understand.Again I express sorry if you find this as

> an offense against you as I hv no personal

> prejudices.All your good views I hv appreciated,you

> may remember but I wish you also post some nice

> things abt Gita and others.Don't get upset,it is for

> your good only.I am not bothered abt others

> comments.Good Luck..

>

> balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> HARI AUM

>

> To put things in a little more detailed perspective

> can we think of an issue of Navaneetham dedicated to

> this issue -‘Hinduism-Present, Past and Future’or

> ‘Hinduism-facing a crisis?’. All those who have some

> serious thoughts on these issue can send in their

> articles . We can also request Smt Veena Nair and

> Smt

> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam to present a collaborative

> effort

> ? This issue then can also be send to all those who

> do

> have some concerns in this regard.

>

> The same idea can be used to take up issues that are

> effecting Guruvayoor temple-like the Udayasthamana

> puja, littering around the temple premises, public

> amenities etc. Since the suggested idea of a team

> going and presenting is taking time to fructify,

> coming out with special issues of ‘Navaneetham’ and

> passing this to the concerned persons will be a more

> practical way for the present. This way the

> ‘Navaneetham’ will also gain currency.

>

> This can be extended to subjects like-Bhagavad

> Gita-Modern Day Relevance, Narayaneeyan & Jnanappana

> A

> comparative study, Krishna-Life & Message, Krishna

> Worship-Different parts of India, etc.

>

> These dedicated issues can also be thought of

> outside

> the regular ones.(may be stressful too)

>

> Welcoming more suggestions.

>

> Regards

>

> Balagopal

>

> NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

>

>

>

>

>

________

> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn

> something new

> http://in.answers./

>

>

>

>

Dear Ganapathy Raman,

Somehow I have missed reading your mail. We have huge collection of people in the group who have profuse knowledge in several areas. And there is a dearth of information and knowledge within many people. As you said, they can always post some topic of their interest. But, the main concern is how many people are there who are interested in their interest. You and in fact we all are here to know more information of the doubts we have or we are interested in some topics which were not answered by the people we met. Also a master will feel happy to answer to questions and we can get a great amount of information during these Q & A sessions. It is at this point a bridge will be established between a taker and a giver.

A brainstorming session brings more info rather than a topic of ones interest. How many people have cross questioned an article posted here other than appreciating it. One question will have several answers and that is where more info resides. I encourage people to ask questions, in fact even if they know answers to what they are asking. This way we know where the group knowledge is and we can fill the gaps. I totally support the people who post their questions/queries. In fact I am very sorry to see your mail after being part in this group.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Sreenivas

-

balagopal ramakrishnan

guruvayur

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:51 AM

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: Questions

HARI AUMDear Shree Ganapathy Raman,It is very nice of you to point out the fact that Ihave been raising more questions.Let me put it this way: Why Questions?We ask questions mainly for:1. to know about something we do not know.2. to get more clarity on a matter3. to trigger others’ thought process4. to know what others’ think about the issue5. to arrive at a consensus.Asking questions is a good way to keep the discussionslive and make it more meaningful. This will alsoenable the person asking questions to check hisinfo/knowledge etc with that of others. More importantly it is better to ask questions thantry to make statements when one knows that there aremore competent persons to speak. That is what Arjunadid with Krishna, and we got blessed with ‘BhagavadGita’. I think major parts of Mahabharatha are also ina question answer format. It was not that Yudhishterdid not know anything about the different Dharma, butchose to learn from Bhishma before he left for thenether world.Once again thanking you profusely for the sincere,forthright and caring words; I also always envy theearnestness and intensity you put into your postings.Looking forward to many more of your mailsThanking You,With lots of Love, Respect and Regards,BalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> I actually wonder what happened to friend> Balagopal?Why can't Balagopal post some nice> articles instead of raising questions and ask others> to reply for his questions.Does it not look like> strange.I hv seen members giving their opinions and> ask for clarifications.But in the case of Balagopal> he is more interested in asking questions and want> others to answer.Something like a teacher.First you> post some articles and allow others to question you> abt and ask your opinions.Instead you just post> something and want others to reply for your queries> which in my opinion is not a nice way.I don't want> to question your right to get opinions from others> but this seems to be a regular feature on your> part.That is not fair in my opinion.Questions can be> asked by anybody on any subject.But first one must> post some nice article and if others ask for> clarifications then one must be capable of> answering.Simply raising something that may or may> not be acceptale ,in my opinion is not> palatable.> I don't hv any ill will against you and I consider> you as my good friend but the way you ask questions> and making others to reply is simply absurd and> ridiculous.I hv expresed only my opinions ane don't> expect others to to my views.If you> understand this it is well and good.Again I stress I> hv nothing against you but only my suggestion to> you..You seem to be too much attached to Hinduism> then post some nice articles on that instead of> asking others to yr views.Will it not be> worthwhile.Sorry,If this offends you as that is not> my intention May be you may get annoyed with me,that> does not matter,.I hv expressed only my opinion and> I also welcome if some comments come abt my postings> favourably or otherwise,I am not bothered as all hv> got their own views.It is possible that others may> not like my straight way of finding fault with> you.But if you take it serious you may> understand.Again I express sorry if you find this as> an offense against you as I hv no personal> prejudices.All your good views I hv appreciated,you> may remember but I wish you also post some nice> things abt Gita and others.Don't get upset,it is for> your good only.I am not bothered abt others> comments.Good Luck..> > balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> HARI AUM> > To put things in a little more detailed perspective> can we think of an issue of Navaneetham dedicated to> this issue -‘Hinduism-Present, Past and Future’or> ‘Hinduism-facing a crisis?’. All those who have some> serious thoughts on these issue can send in their> articles . We can also request Smt Veena Nair and> Smt> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam to present a collaborative> effort> ? This issue then can also be send to all those who> do> have some concerns in this regard.> > The same idea can be used to take up issues that are> effecting Guruvayoor temple-like the Udayasthamana> puja, littering around the temple premises, public> amenities etc. Since the suggested idea of a team> going and presenting is taking time to fructify,> coming out with special issues of ‘Navaneetham’ and> passing this to the concerned persons will be a more> practical way for the present. This way the> ‘Navaneetham’ will also gain currency.> > This can be extended to subjects like-Bhagavad> Gita-Modern Day Relevance, Narayaneeyan & Jnanappana> A> comparative study, Krishna-Life & Message, Krishna> Worship-Different parts of India, etc.> > These dedicated issues can also be thought of> outside> the regular ones.(may be stressful too)> > Welcoming more suggestions.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA