IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Balagopalji, I really appreciate this reply of yours. I agree, Shri Ramanji's postings are marked by an intensity that shows his messages come straight from the heart and there is no beating about the bush. However, you have taken them in the right spirit and that is wonderful. Also Shri Ramanji correctly pointed out that you are the one asking the most questions (and always questions :-)). However quite a few times, those questions have generated much postings from members and an expression of views to which we would otherwise have never had any access. And for that I commend you. And I have noticed that you also provide essays in the Navaneetham which are always well thought out. Keep it up. You are right about questions being an important means to elicit answers. In fact the Vishnu Sahasranamam is also Bheesma's answer to Yudhisthira's questions. None of us are Yudhisthira or Arjuna;

but we can always try. Pranams. Om Namo Narayanaya. balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Shree Ganapathy Raman,It is very nice of you to point out the fact that Ihave been raising more questions.Let me put it this way: Why Questions?We ask questions mainly for:1. to know about something we do not know.2. to get more clarity on a matter3. to trigger others’ thought

process4. to know what others’ think about the issue5. to arrive at a consensus.Asking questions is a good way to keep the discussionslive and make it more meaningful. This will alsoenable the person asking questions to check hisinfo/knowledge etc with that of others. More importantly it is better to ask questions thantry to make statements when one knows that there aremore competent persons to speak. That is what Arjunadid with Krishna, and we got blessed with ‘BhagavadGita’. I think major parts of Mahabharatha are also ina question answer format. It was not that Yudhishterdid not know anything about the different Dharma, butchose to learn from Bhishma before he left for thenether world.Once again thanking you profusely for the sincere,forthright and caring words; I also always envy theearnestness and intensity you put into your postings.Looking forward to many more of your

mailsThanking You,With lots of Love, Respect and Regards,BalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> I actually wonder what happened to friend> Balagopal?Why can't Balagopal post some nice> articles instead of raising questions and ask others> to reply for his questions.Does it not look like> strange.I hv seen members giving their opinions and> ask for clarifications.But in the case of Balagopal> he is more interested in asking questions and want> others to answer.Something like a teacher.First you> post some articles and allow others to question you> abt and ask your opinions.Instead you just post> something and want others to reply for your queries> which in my opinion is not a nice way.I don't want> to question your right to get

opinions from others> but this seems to be a regular feature on your> part.That is not fair in my opinion.Questions can be> asked by anybody on any subject.But first one must> post some nice article and if others ask for> clarifications then one must be capable of> answering.Simply raising something that may or may> not be acceptale ,in my opinion is not> palatable.> I don't hv any ill will against you and I consider> you as my good friend but the way you ask questions> and making others to reply is simply absurd and> ridiculous.I hv expresed only my opinions ane don't> expect others to to my views.If you> understand this it is well and good.Again I stress I> hv nothing against you but only my suggestion to> you..You seem to be too much attached to Hinduism> then post some nice articles on that instead of> asking others to yr views.Will it

not be> worthwhile.Sorry,If this offends you as that is not> my intention May be you may get annoyed with me,that> does not matter,.I hv expressed only my opinion and> I also welcome if some comments come abt my postings> favourably or otherwise,I am not bothered as all hv> got their own views.It is possible that others may> not like my straight way of finding fault with> you.But if you take it serious you may> understand.Again I express sorry if you find this as> an offense against you as I hv no personal> prejudices.All your good views I hv appreciated,you> may remember but I wish you also post some nice> things abt Gita and others.Don't get upset,it is for> your good only.I am not bothered abt others> comments.Good Luck..> > balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> HARI

AUM> > To put things in a little more detailed perspective> can we think of an issue of Navaneetham dedicated to> this issue -‘Hinduism-Present, Past and Future’or> ‘Hinduism-facing a crisis?’. All those who have some> serious thoughts on these issue can send in their> articles . We can also request Smt Veena Nair and> Smt> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam to present a collaborative> effort> ? This issue then can also be send to all those who> do> have some concerns in this regard.> > The same idea can be used to take up issues that are> effecting Guruvayoor temple-like the Udayasthamana> puja, littering around the temple premises, public> amenities etc. Since the suggested idea of a team> going and presenting is taking time to fructify,> coming out with special issues of ‘Navaneetham’ and> passing this to the concerned persons will be a

more> practical way for the present. This way the> ‘Navaneetham’ will also gain currency.> > This can be extended to subjects like-Bhagavad> Gita-Modern Day Relevance, Narayaneeyan & Jnanappana> A> comparative study, Krishna-Life & Message, Krishna> Worship-Different parts of India, etc.> > These dedicated issues can also be thought of> outside> the regular ones.(may be stressful too)> > Welcoming more suggestions.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > >________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> something new> http://in.answers./> > > >

Regarding the suggestion of Balagopal to include other topics like the future os Hinduism and about guruvayur temple prcceedding etc, I awould suggest the let the present format of Navaneetham continue to include onlydevotional topics as at present it does and there can be a separate news lettr for such topics like those suggested by Balagopal. A discussion forum within the group is a good idea and will be thought provoking and it should be in the manner of vadhaprathivadha in the sense I present my views on a subject and allow others to concur or contradict. saroja Ramanujambalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Shree Ganapathy Raman,It is very nice of you to point out the fact that Ihave been raising more questions.Let me put it this way: Why Questions?We ask questions mainly for:1. to know about something we do not know.2. to get more clarity on a matter3. to trigger others? thought process4. to know what others? think about the issue5. to arrive at a consensus.Asking questions is a good way to keep the discussionslive and make it more meaningful. This will alsoenable the person asking questions to check hisinfo/knowledge etc with that of others. More importantly it is better to ask questions thantry to make statements when one knows that there aremore competent persons to speak. That is what Arjunadid with Krishna, and we got blessed with

?BhagavadGita?. I think major parts of Mahabharatha are also ina question answer format. It was not that Yudhishterdid not know anything about the different Dharma, butchose to learn from Bhishma before he left for thenether world.Once again thanking you profusely for the sincere,forthright and caring words; I also always envy theearnestness and intensity you put into your postings.Looking forward to many more of your mailsThanking You,With lots of Love, Respect and Regards,BalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> I actually wonder what happened to friend> Balagopal?Why can't Balagopal post some nice> articles instead of raising questions and ask others> to reply for his questions.Does it not look like> strange.I hv seen members giving their opinions

and> ask for clarifications.But in the case of Balagopal> he is more interested in asking questions and want> others to answer.Something like a teacher.First you> post some articles and allow others to question you> abt and ask your opinions.Instead you just post> something and want others to reply for your queries> which in my opinion is not a nice way.I don't want> to question your right to get opinions from others> but this seems to be a regular feature on your> part.That is not fair in my opinion.Questions can be> asked by anybody on any subject.But first one must> post some nice article and if others ask for> clarifications then one must be capable of> answering.Simply raising something that may or may> not be acceptale ,in my opinion is not> palatable.> I don't hv any ill will against you and I consider> you as my good friend but the way

you ask questions> and making others to reply is simply absurd and> ridiculous.I hv expresed only my opinions ane don't> expect others to to my views.If you> understand this it is well and good.Again I stress I> hv nothing against you but only my suggestion to> you..You seem to be too much attached to Hinduism> then post some nice articles on that instead of> asking others to yr views.Will it not be> worthwhile.Sorry,If this offends you as that is not> my intention May be you may get annoyed with me,that> does not matter,.I hv expressed only my opinion and> I also welcome if some comments come abt my postings> favourably or otherwise,I am not bothered as all hv> got their own views.It is possible that others may> not like my straight way of finding fault with> you.But if you take it serious you may> understand.Again I express sorry if you

find this as> an offense against you as I hv no personal> prejudices.All your good views I hv appreciated,you> may remember but I wish you also post some nice> things abt Gita and others.Don't get upset,it is for> your good only.I am not bothered abt others> comments.Good Luck..> > balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> HARI AUM> > To put things in a little more detailed perspective> can we think of an issue of Navaneetham dedicated to> this issue -?Hinduism-Present, Past and Future?or> ?Hinduism-facing a crisis??. All those who have some> serious thoughts on these issue can send in their> articles . We can also request Smt Veena Nair and> Smt> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam to present a collaborative> effort> ? This issue then can also be send to all those who>

do> have some concerns in this regard.> > The same idea can be used to take up issues that are> effecting Guruvayoor temple-like the Udayasthamana> puja, littering around the temple premises, public> amenities etc. Since the suggested idea of a team> going and presenting is taking time to fructify,> coming out with special issues of ?Navaneetham? and> passing this to the concerned persons will be a more> practical way for the present. This way the> ?Navaneetham? will also gain currency.> > This can be extended to subjects like-Bhagavad> Gita-Modern Day Relevance, Narayaneeyan & Jnanappana> A> comparative study, Krishna-Life & Message, Krishna> Worship-Different parts of India, etc.> > These dedicated issues can also be thought of> outside> the regular ones.(may be stressful too)> > Welcoming more

suggestions.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > >________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> something new> http://in.answers./> > > >

Dear Balagopal, Though you hv put it in a nice way I can guage there is some disappointment in you for my comments.It is not my intention to wound your feelings or make any demands from you but I only point out in the midst of asking questions you can aslo make some postings of your pet subjects.That is the only thing I pointed out and not in an arrogant way as if you go thru the mail I hv expressed sorry many times in case my forthright comments offend you. I agree with your points that this is another way of eliciting opinions from others for the questions raised by you and that way one can increase the views of various members.But I would hv been happy if you post some nice articles also now and then of various things you know and I know you are capable of doing that.So the comments may be taken as a sort of encouragement to make some postings also of the

various subjects you are familar with which others may be in the dark.That is my intention to put the comments and in no way the same be treated as a sort of attacking you for putting the questions.Your quotings that Gita and VS are also the result of questions put.But why shuld not there be some variations?I don't wish to bar yourself putting questions but now and then you can make some postings also as otherwise it may give some distorted notion that you are capable of only to put questions.So if you feel my comments hv the effect of wounding you I really regret and the choice of accepting my advise is left to you and I said only with good intentions and in no anyway that may be considered as derogatory by you.If you feel like that I am sorry.You can think and take better decision according to your will as I can't force you in the matter.I hope you will take the comments in a sporting way as the same were not

intended against you.Anyway I am sure this is not going to affect our cordial relations but my nature being such I just make comments which I feel will hv the effect of encouraging others and I don't hv any ill will against you and I am a not a person of that type and won't hesitate to accept if my comments hv the effect of affecting others and so you need not get upset abt my comments and just think abt the advise I made.Anyways thanking you for your nice thoughts.Wishing you all the best,.always. agraman. balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUMDear Shree Ganapathy Raman,It is very nice of you to point out the fact that Ihave been raising more questions.Let me put it this way: Why Questions?We ask questions mainly for:1. to know about something we do not know.2. to get more clarity on a matter3. to trigger others’ thought process4. to know what others’ think about the issue5. to arrive at a consensus.Asking questions is a good way to keep the discussionslive and make it more meaningful. This will alsoenable the person asking questions to check hisinfo/knowledge etc with that of others. More importantly it is better to

ask questions thantry to make statements when one knows that there aremore competent persons to speak. That is what Arjunadid with Krishna, and we got blessed with ‘BhagavadGita’. I think major parts of Mahabharatha are also ina question answer format. It was not that Yudhishterdid not know anything about the different Dharma, butchose to learn from Bhishma before he left for thenether world.Once again thanking you profusely for the sincere,forthright and caring words; I also always envy theearnestness and intensity you put into your postings.Looking forward to many more of your mailsThanking You,With lots of Love, Respect and Regards,BalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> I actually wonder what happened to friend> Balagopal?Why can't Balagopal post some

nice> articles instead of raising questions and ask others> to reply for his questions.Does it not look like> strange.I hv seen members giving their opinions and> ask for clarifications.But in the case of Balagopal> he is more interested in asking questions and want> others to answer.Something like a teacher.First you> post some articles and allow others to question you> abt and ask your opinions.Instead you just post> something and want others to reply for your queries> which in my opinion is not a nice way.I don't want> to question your right to get opinions from others> but this seems to be a regular feature on your> part.That is not fair in my opinion.Questions can be> asked by anybody on any subject.But first one must> post some nice article and if others ask for> clarifications then one must be capable of> answering.Simply raising something that

may or may> not be acceptale ,in my opinion is not> palatable.> I don't hv any ill will against you and I consider> you as my good friend but the way you ask questions> and making others to reply is simply absurd and> ridiculous.I hv expresed only my opinions ane don't> expect others to to my views.If you> understand this it is well and good.Again I stress I> hv nothing against you but only my suggestion to> you..You seem to be too much attached to Hinduism> then post some nice articles on that instead of> asking others to yr views.Will it not be> worthwhile.Sorry,If this offends you as that is not> my intention May be you may get annoyed with me,that> does not matter,.I hv expressed only my opinion and> I also welcome if some comments come abt my postings> favourably or otherwise,I am not bothered as all hv> got their own views.It is

possible that others may> not like my straight way of finding fault with> you.But if you take it serious you may> understand.Again I express sorry if you find this as> an offense against you as I hv no personal> prejudices.All your good views I hv appreciated,you> may remember but I wish you also post some nice> things abt Gita and others.Don't get upset,it is for> your good only.I am not bothered abt others> comments.Good Luck..> > balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> HARI AUM> > To put things in a little more detailed perspective> can we think of an issue of Navaneetham dedicated to> this issue -‘Hinduism-Present, Past and Future’or> ‘Hinduism-facing a crisis?’. All those who have some> serious thoughts on these issue can send in their> articles . We can also request

Smt Veena Nair and> Smt> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam to present a collaborative> effort> ? This issue then can also be send to all those who> do> have some concerns in this regard.> > The same idea can be used to take up issues that are> effecting Guruvayoor temple-like the Udayasthamana> puja, littering around the temple premises, public> amenities etc. Since the suggested idea of a team> going and presenting is taking time to fructify,> coming out with special issues of ‘Navaneetham’ and> passing this to the concerned persons will be a more> practical way for the present. This way the> ‘Navaneetham’ will also gain currency.> > This can be extended to subjects like-Bhagavad> Gita-Modern Day Relevance, Narayaneeyan & Jnanappana> A> comparative study, Krishna-Life & Message, Krishna> Worship-Different parts of India,

etc.> > These dedicated issues can also be thought of> outside> the regular ones.(may be stressful too)> > Welcoming more suggestions.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA> > > > >________> India Answers: Share what you know. Learn> something new> http://in.answers./> > > >