IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Doubts cleared??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sunitha and others, The words quoted from sunitha's mail, "I believe, religions may be different, but the essence of spirituality is the same in all religions" is true. Brahman or the absolute reality, which is defined as 'SATHYASYA SATHYAM' , the truth of all that is true,in the upanishads is one for all, no matter which religion he belongs to because there cannot be two absolute truths or reality, one for a Hindu and another for a muslim etc. The Reality which is called by different names in different systems of thought , being beyond words and thought , as the upanishadhic declaration, 'yatho vAchO nivarthathanthE aprApya mansA saha,' the speech returned without reaching HIm, along withthe mind.When the one who has seen it tries to express the thought in words, thought itself being limited , words more being so, the truth that cannot be limited by words or thought comes out

only partially like an elephant seen by ten blind men.The thoughts are coloured by the accumulated vasanas and hence the understanding of what the great masters have said becomes even more limited by the ability of the individual who tries to understand it and hence there are so many isms and so many religions etc. What Buddha meant or what Jesus said Or even Mohamet has said may be quite different from what his followers have understood.Same thing is true in Hinduism also which has given rise to fanaticism in all religions. I f you meet a true christian who has mastered the Bible and who has intuited God through his devotion, and a muslim who has similarly followed the Koran with proper understanding you will find that they are full of love for all beings and understanding of other religious concepts. Moreover whatever the text they quote to show intolerance have to be interpreted according to the circumstances and context in which they were uttered even like the

maya concept of the advaita advocated by sankara which has been developed by the later advaitns into one of great intellectual and dialectic system.So no religion advocates isms of any kind which are purely manmade. Actually what Sri KVG has written is absolutely right . I had rthe same experience on visiting the Notredam cathdral in Paris. When I went in I could feel the divie presence there which was due to centuries of worship that has taken place there.Even among Hindus we see fanaticism due to affinity for a particular form of God and what right we have to criticise that of other religions. Fanaticism in any religion is to be condemned and I am very happy to see that now this group is proceeding along the path of vasudhaiva kutumbakam. Saroja Ramanujam May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.