IndiaDivine.org

Feedback on Deva Prasnam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Krishna Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Sri Krishnadasaji , My

father was involved in the administration of two of our family temples .The following is based on what I learnt from him when he had organized a few Devaprasnams involving the Daivajnas (vedic astrologers) and Tazhaman Tantris, associated with Sabarimala Temple . Reasons for Deva Prasnam

When there is unpleasant incidents or symptoms such as eclipse during puja , birth or death inside temple premises , theft , falling of blood in temple, entry of forbidden birds or animals inside temple, falling down of temple flag , Fire , etc , Deva Prasnam may be necessary . Preliminary Procedure for Deva Prasnam When the need for a Deva Prasnam arises , the temple Tantri is to grant his permission after obtaining the approval of Deity . Then the Administrators hold discussions with Vedic Astrologers (Daivajnas) to decide about the conducting of Deva Prasnam . Execution of Deva Prasnam . Daivajnas keenly observes every “nimitham” (auspicious or inauspicious omen) right from the first instance when he is contacted for Deva Prasnam . How many people came ….What they said first ….How they behaved … How the “nimithams” occurred then . ( for instance presence of a cow , crow or scorpion or sanke nearby while the discussion was in progress ) . All these are carefully noted and later analysed by the Daivajnas . Before conducting Deva Prasnam , the Tantri / Mel-Santi (chief priest) performs the necessary pujas such as Ganaptahy Homam , Pujas for the Deity , Griha-puja ,etc . Tantri , Mel-Santi , senior Brahmana- representatives , Administrators , Representatives of ‘Uraymakkar’ (Traditional temple-staff) , Representatives of Bhaktas , etc are present during the Deva Prasnam . The Daivajnas conduct Prasna-vicharam using the Astrological tools and methods . When the Chief Daivajnja interprets the verdict for each item , those who are present can ask for clarifications and debate . Daivajna answers to the queries and take note of relevant points, if any . In reality, it is the divine will of the Deity that is at work . HIS mind is revealed through various sources which the Daivajna understands very well . Upon completion of the above process ( which could last a few days ) , the Chief Daivajna submits the final report containing the opinions of the Deity and recommended measures to the

responsible authority . Results of Deva-Prasnam Although the above process looks complicated , its ‘ revelation of truth as it is ‘ often instills Bhakti in the hearts of the witnesses . My father was surprised, when the Deva –Prasnam accurately revealed , facts such as the hitherto unknown misconduct ofpriests , mistakes in pujas , Ill- effects caused in the family due to Deity’s displeasure , theft in the temple , faults in the vastu , temple structure , etc . Even the Daivajna accurately calculated and stated the exact location of our first ancestral Tharavadu which was unknown to every one in the family till then since it belonged to a different caste . Also, he rightly predicted that , when the remedial measures are completed , so and so things will happen by itself . All these happened as predicted . Some of the famous revelations in Deva-Prasnam are given below : After the 1971 fire in Guruvayoor temple , a Deva-Prasnam was conducted to know about Guruvayoorappan’s opinion on the renovation proposals . Bhagavan accepted all the proposals except the alteration of the main eastern entrance to the temple . ( This was greatly lauded by the Vastu-experts later . If that alteration was done, it would have resulted in vastu-dosham) . In Sabarimala Lord Ayyappa temple , a few years before, the Mel-santi had offered worship in a local church resulting in a controversy. Subsequently, Lord Ayyappa's opinion was taken in the Deva-prasnam which asked for the dismissal of that Mel-santi and the creation of “Purappeda-Santi” system . In a major Sasta temple in Alappuzha , the Deity’s leg was accidentally disfigured . The Mel-santi out of his greed didn’t reveal this to any one , since the closure of temple and connected rituals would cut-off his income. He just used some glue to repair the damage . Subsequently , unpleasant incidents such as violence by the temple elephant resulted in the stoppage of rituals . And thereafter a Deva Prasnam was held to find out the reasons . The disfiguration of Deity and the Mel-Santi’s misconduct was found in the Deva Prasnam ; and the accused confessed his guilt . Conclusion Deva Prasnam is a sacred event . The ‘sattvic’ Daivajnas (who are great ‘sadhaks’ ) perform it with great Bhakti and care . Many of them even do it free of cost accepting only a

token Dakshina . Often they request all the participants to pray sincerely to the Deity , which will improve the accuracy of Deva Prasnam . I am not an expert in astrology and therefore unable to quote the astrological sastric texts relevant to the above . Sri Krishna says in Bhagavatam 11.7.23 “ Although I, the Supreme Lord can never be captured by ordinary sense perception , those situated in human life may use their intelligence and other faculties of perception to directly search for Me through both apparent and indirectly ascertained symptoms ” . Om Namo Narayanaya !!! Krishnadaya . --------------------Shree Guruvayurppa Sharanam!My greetings to all the members. Very happy to see that this is such a nice active group with an attitude of Seva to Bhagavan.I have a query:I understand that 'Deva Prashnam' means asking the question to the Lord for getting the answers directly from Him. Is this correct?If so, how is this done? I am inquisitive to know about the process. Also, if you could make available the document which was given to the Guruvayur Devaswom board, the interested people can have a look.Finally - A query related to seeing the attachments in this group. I am d to the Daily Digest and hence am not able to see Attachments in the mails which comes with the attachments.How can I see the mails with the attachments?Thank you all very much.~Krishnadasa.

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.