IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Nama japam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Krishnadasaji, thank you for the kind comments. Thanks also for sharing the prayer and the link to the website. Satsang is all about sharing thoughts on God in whatever form the devotee may choose, whether prayers or stories or poems or citing straight from the scriptures. Yadyat karma karomi tat tat akhilam Shambho tavaradhanam. "Whatever actions I perform, are all Thy worship, Oh Shambhu!" Encouraging more people to participate with their experiences. Om Namo Narayanaya.krishnadasa77 <krishnadasa77 wrote: Veenaji- Shree Guruvayurappa Sharanam! Please find guruvayur , "Veena A. Nair" <veeus18 wrote: > > I think there is a prayer by Shankaracharya? and I don't know the >exact words...but the approximate meaning is "..let my walking be >a pradakshina around You, let the food that I eat be an offering to >You, let my sleep be a namaskaram to You..." something to that >extent. > Yes, this prayer is very nice and my father had taught this to me when I was young. And it goes like this: (By Sri Sankaracharya) Atma tvam girija matih sahachara pranah sareeram griham Puja te vishayopa bhoga rachana nidra samadhi sthitih Sancharah padayoh pradakshina vidhih stotrani sarvagiro; Yadyat karma karomi tat tat akhilam Shambho

tavaradhanam. "Thou art Atma; Buddhi is Thy consort, Parvathi (who is born of mountain); the Pranas are Thy attendants; this body is Thy house; the action of sensual enjoyment is Thy worship; deep sleep is the establishment of Samadhi; walking by my feet is the perambulation around Thee; all my speeches are Thy praise; whatever actions I perform, are all Thy worship; Oh Shambhu!" (Translation done by Swami Shivananda and the article is here - http://www.dlshq.org/download/yogadaily.htm) >But when we are constantly thinking of God by doing nama japam we >are saving our energies which otherwise is wasted in endless worry >about things that are in the future or about stuff that happened in >the past. > Yes, as they say - living in the present is the best method. Because the present

is the PRESENT or "our greatest GIFT" :-) >So let us put our heads down and focus on God, like KVGji suggested >maybe an hour every day. Or like Shyamalaji suggested while >travelling and walking. So much time is spent in that. > Very well said. It is indeed very rare to find people who are so much interested in understanding the devotional service to the Lord. Because generally it is found that the interest in Spirituality is decreasing as the time is progressing... So, I appreciate you and the members of this group for keeping the focus on Spirituality and devotion to the Supreme Lord. Shree Krishna Sharanam Mama! ~Krishnadasa.

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.