IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Life is beautiful...[part I]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Sunil I am happy that i could relate to you through my personal experience and thanks for reciprocating in the same tune. Dear Sunil, age and maturity are shadowed when we sit miles away and communicate. I don't know whether i am old enough to address you by name or young enough to wall out discriminations.As Lord krishna says in Bhagavatham : Canto 8 You are the beginning , the end of this reality and that which is in between and to see anything apart from You is selfhood; but because You are imperishable is Your Lordship, as that Absolute Truth, that Supreme and that knowing, not of all these differences. The manifest, the unmanifest, false ego and the beginning,

maintenance and annihilation of this cosmic manifestation all come from You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. But because You are the Absolute Truth, the supreme absolute spirit soul, the Supreme Brahman, such changes as birth, death and sustenance do not exist in You. We are nothing but His tool to annihilate our litle mindedness and become one soul to realize the Karma and Lakshya of this birth.On that note we all are either one year old,or hundred years young... As long as we can shed our egocentric attitude, approach and appearance...Life will still remain beautiful With prayers RajSunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Dear Raj,Rarely we get to read a mail like yours. Thank you for sharing yourperspective and welcome to the group.I share and understand many of your thoughts about conflicts andconcerns of living in a new world.>> I am a deeply religious person with all the malice of a man >>livingabroad or of a man still enjoying the prime of his youth.Very true. Many of us have to juggle our high pressure jobs, new lifestyles, life away from our roots. In this new era, we need to understand and respect other cultures and decide 'to be or not to be' when it comes to new world pleasures.It is easy to say that scriptures have

all the answers, but verydifficult to get it in time when you need it.Let me narrate a personal experience from a few years ago. I went toconsult one of the senior most Ayurvedic Doctors in 'Kottakkal AryaVaidya Sala' for finding a treatment for my Mother's Alzheimer disease. English medicine does not have a cure for Alzheimer's ,so our only hope was to find an answer in Ayurveda. And I was very sure that Ayurveda would have a way and I would get my mother back.Alas.. the well respected senior physician told me the sad truth.Ayurveda is age old wisdom but not an answer to many new illnesses like Alzhiemers! Since the formulation of Ayurveda by great saints like Charaka, we changed a lot - the way we live, work and eat. Human body has changed, illnesses have changed, new illnesses emerged, but sadly Ayurveda remains the same with not much reseacrh done to widen the scope of that great science.It was tough truth to accept. We

kept trying, more Ayurvedic doctors, Homeopaths, etc.. I lost my mother two years later.In the last few months of her memory-less life, the only thing sherecognized was a Guruvayoorappan's photo in her room. She used to start praying when she sees that photo. I still beleive there is cure for Alzhiemers in Ayurveda - somwhere in India. But I never did locate that 'Vaidya' in time. So, what can we do? We need to unify our wisdom. Modify it with time. Widen the scope. We shall explore,analyse,understand and write new BHASHYAM'S of our old texts in the new context of our life. Why? Because we have changed the way we live, we work and and we eat. Groups like Guruvayur is an attempt to answer that gap. Here we get answers and scholarly advice from many of our respected members. Others like me, realize the issues of living in a new world. More than anything we come across others in the same

situation as we are.Do not be shocked and ashamed of what your child learned in the fastlane of Internet. But make sure it is right knowledge. Infact we should be thankful and respect the fact that we could widen our horizon in this new connected world. Because of new technologies, we all can come together and get to know many things we did not know before.We can soothe our minds watching Ajit's beautiful Bhakti video or listening to Sukumar's Ramayanam audio. This is the way of re-defining our old wisdom in the new light and making it accessible everywhere.We can read great poems from our group members, listen to our respected members like KVG or Sarojaji or Prof.Krishnamurthy and many others I missed here. Again, welcome to the group and look forward to hear the second part of your story. I encourage all of our members to write similar personal stories once in a while.Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhanvanthu.Om Namo

Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , Rajesh Vasudevan<rajeshamruth_vasudevan wrote:>>>> Sree Gurupavanapureswaran Thunai> Dear Friends {gopalas and Gopikas]> My name is Raj Vasudevan and currently in Bangkok as a lecturer.> I am new to this group and i have been reading almost all the mailsthat share good and evident thoughts that are food both for the body andsoul. In fact, i had written a mail to Sunil Menon, congratulating hiseffort to upload a video by Ajit Chandran that moved me too the deepest.And now the navaneetan deserves another round of appreciation for alltheir great work. Bhagavan Sharanam, I am happy that I am part of thisgroup.> I am a deeply religious person with all the malice of a man livingabroad or of a man still enjoying the prime of his youth. When i

saidreligious, it should not be narrowed down to fanaticism; rather it issynonymous with god fearing. It might sound contradicting-god fearingand malicious; but, somehow i have been pulling along with a kind ofheaviness. I did seek much elderly wisdom but was not quenched of mythirst.> As a small child, my mother's mother, who i used to fondly call"chithi"[literally it means mothers sister] had a great influence on me.Even my mother or my father had not made such an impact as my "Chithi".I was put to sleep at night by her, after narrating a couple of storiesfrom the Bhagavatham, Bharatham , and the like. This was a regularfeature until she passed away in 1994.Three years later i got married.And i am sad that my 7 year old daughter is deprived of this pleasantexperience as she is away from both her grand parents. And my wife and Ihave no time to spare because of our official commitments. Surprisingly,my

daughter has not complained to us about it (I think she has not feltour absence) nor has she been cranky also. My conscience used to prickme that I decided to give some of my time to her. So did my wife. But mydaughter never ever felt the need. She said, "Appa all these stories arethere in my "Grandma's tales (CD that I purchased from the> Airport)" and the rest are there in the internet... so don'tbother!" I was shocked and shamed. The revelation that my daughterhas outgrown our sentiments and concern was a bit too big peck for thebeak. But then my wife consoled me saying that " let us be happy thatour little Ammu is understanding and caring...what if she had beenmaking a big fuss about the whole thing. And we standinghelpless...don't you think, Guruvayoorappan has been kind enough to poursuch a wisdom in our child...?"> When I sat back and thought, I felt what my wife told me was reallytrue. May be for a

week or few weeks I will be able to oblige. What ifshe is over demanding?> What if she breaks down in disappointment and resent? Thesecontemplations were a bit consoling and relieved me from self-criticism.> I am thankful to Lord krishna for being a patient listener to all mygrievances until now...How krishna has played in my life and made me aman is what prompted me to write this mail.The above incident is just aprelude.it will continue...> Bhagavan Sharanam>> Raj>>> > Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India> Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8.Get it NOW>

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW