IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] yajna, desire and detachment.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vinitha, "rasacvarjam rasopyasya' was not included by me because already the post was long enough and it is very relevant. But to conquer the desires and turn away from from sense objects is not easy as Krishna says, ;'indhriyaAnipramATHeeni haranthi prasabham manah.' I have given the commentary of the relevant chapters in my web page on Bhagavatgita. www.geocities.com/sarojram18 the example of the tortoise is given only in respect to a sthithprajna. But for a bhaktha it become easier as all hie desires are directed towards God,'vasudevassarvam ith,' and by total surrender the burden is placed on the shoulders of the Lord to see him through.But the devotion that secures this is also not easy to obtain and happens only through His will.As Prahlada asked the Lord we can only ask Him to give us ananyabhakthi, achala bhakthi .When you attach yourself to a

higher object you can detach from the lower one.THe child desires for a toy which is discarded for higher things when he grows up. The sage Thiruvalluvar says that attach yourself to God so that all the other attachments will fall off.When you come to a stage at which the Lord is the most dear to you than any one and anything else in the world ,when you arefilled with joy by the mere mention of His name and the mere thought of HIm and you see His will in ecverything that happens, the and then alone you have attained ananyabhakthi ewhich is achala."yaTHA vrajagopikAnAm ,says Naradabhakthisuthra. . May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Check out the New Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.