IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Some doubts-Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Dear CSM Bhai,

Let me take your old topic (subject) for a moment. I know it is already discussed in the forum. I wanted to give the replay on that time but because of official work stopped me then. To sit and write with calm mind, find time now.

Let admit one thing that Iam an Hindu because I born and bought up in that culture. If I born in Muslim faith of course iam a Muslim, like so on. I worked last 13 years in Diff countries like Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana (African countries), Taiwan, Malaysia (south Asian countries) and traveled Germany, Holland, Egypt, Kenya , Srilanka, Singapore, Ivory coast e.t.c why mentioning all this not to show anything. But most of the world people personally got an Opportunity to meet and discuss about their countries culture, tradition, belief e.t.c. I have good friends too who are belongs to Other Faith or religions from some of these countries.

As human being, all are equal. We should give equal respect in all matters irrespective to any religion whom they are come from. Pure Love is the ultimate reality. We may not find any differences on it. God is what? Simple sentence it can define as Pure Love. Where Love is there Of course God is there. When we are breaching all this ,in the name of Love or God it is a sin or against the Law of God.

I wanted to narrate personal incident (which of course will send it later) where when my life was in danger, immed help I recd from not from my own person (religion) but from other friend whom is belongs to diff religions.( God send person)

Why mentioning all this because first we have to be as Good human beings then only we should talk about other religion or faith e.t.c. All religion is teaching the same Principle. However, misusing and wrongly interpreting the religions is very wrong as well as spoiling the religious faith and creating the path of Hatred and indifferences.

What ever happen is for the Good and what is happening is for the good as Geetha says. Therefore, I will conclude that in real life we are alone. We can say that we have loving wife, children’s, parents, or friends. Of course, all are there in their position but the truth is that we are alone. In Jnanapana clearly mention that we came to the world alone and return back also alone and in the middle why need all this maya.

I personally took interest to learn Bible & Quran e.t.c. sincerely spend time to know deeper in to that. But the real fact which personally come to know that Hinduism is the best and deeper subject (Like Ocean) . Iam really proud to be an Hindu and also as an Indian. As our respected KVG said, all will come back to Hinduism one day.

Respected learned members Pl pardon and correct me if anything wrong.

With Love,

Sree

----- Forwarded Message ----Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002Guruv <guruvayur >Saturday, 23 September, 2006 3:37:58 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Some doubts-Hinduism

Dear Balagopal, Veenaji, Sarojaji, Gopalakrishnaji, and other distinguished members,WOW. What a wonderful, meaningful and thought provoking conversation! !!!.. Here is my -pardon me - a layman's doubts...My niece was married in 1993 to a Hindu Nair youth. Prior to that his brother had married a Muslim girl and they are living happily now, with - I believe- two kids. The girls father belongs to same village of ours, (late) Ibrahim Rowther told my mother (she was alive then) after my niece's marriage that "we are now RELATIVES Rasammal Amme". My mother Rajalakshmi Amma was known

as Rasammal in our village and in close circle. What is this RELATIONS?Few of my cousins are married to Christian boys and Christian girls. How their off springs will be treated and welcomed into the future? Can they be classified to be my distant RELATIVES?The following is my feeling and mine alone...I believe Hinduism, as told by Swam Chinmayanda and many others, is not a religion but a way of life. We have freedom to choose our own Ishta Devan or Devatha to concentrate our own mind towards attaining the Sayoojyam. The other so-called religions or FAITH do not have this option. We have freedom to go to a temple or NOT to go to a temple. Because we treat our -at least I do- own home as a TEMPLE. As Veenaji said, we have to put our self into the

test first so that our children will learn from us. A true and very valuable advise to all. I have done a 4 lines small poem in Malayalam which I reproduceazhikkaNam marthyA nee eematha branthinte AzhikaLkkethinum illattha ee veliyeizhayunna naagattheppole aRakkunnaeezhavamaayura nee thoothu vaaraNamLet us all work for a wonderful and united world. I have told many, many a times, that this known world is much, much better than the

unknown world. I want to reaffirm, that a known enemy is much better than an unknown friend.Hoping to hear more from others, their views on this topic.Finally very glad to see AGR breaking his silence. I am relievedPizhayakilum Pizhakedakilum Thiruvullam Kaniyuka BhagavaneChandra Sekharan Menonoja Ramanujam <sarojram18 > wrote:well said Veena.I was replying the questions of Balagopal when I got

your mail. You have made my work easier by covering many points which I wa going to elaborate."Veena A. Nair" <veeus18 > wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya. Balgopalji has raised very valid questions and I would be interested to see what other members think. Especially in the context of mails of late that have expressed concerns over the conversions. Some thoughts:1) To my mind all religions preach the

existence of a God and most religions teach compassion, fatherhood of God, brotherhood of Man etc. So what is it that marks out Hinduism from other religions?a) aim of Man should be to realize God; know that God is within you and make attempts to understand and identify with that divinity. b) Hinduism has given us the concept of Karma; also the idea that we will take many births or janmas in which we need to exhaust these Karmas until we reach the final goalc) unlike other religions we do not have a concept of hell; we do not have a concept of Judgement Day; we are not going to be judged for our actions at the end of this life. Every day is a judgement day; as I sow, so shall I reap; every action has a reaction; every breath I take, every thought I think, every action that I do will have its effect;

and I alone have to bear the consequences of these thoughts and actions, not my friend or parent or spouse. d) From © it follows that I need to act so that every action takes me closer to the goal which is achieving oneness with Gode) and for that Sri Krishna provided us with a practical handbook for living - the Bhagavadgita.Another very Hindu aspect is our large number of Gods and the answer that satisfies me the most is the question: Why do we cook 4/5 different types of dishes-- avial, elsheri, pulsheri, sambar, and chor etc. We can just eat rice and daal every day. So the answer is, each eating what he or she likes the best. Each cooking what he or

she knows in the best possible manner and satisfying our palates. Similarly in the worship of God: I choose the form most appealing to me, the one that I am comfortable with. If Guruvayurappan is my favorite form, then I can choose to see Him as my parent or bestest friend or child, all depending on what form fills me with the utmost affection for God. Now the fears for Hinduism:Historically, since centuries, India and Hinduism has been subjected to every possible invasion: Persians, Moguls, British to name a few. Hinduism has survived every onslaught, although it has been through some terrible times. When the

traditional rituals were being abused and violence became a common affair, we needed the Buddha to show us the way of compassion. When rituals were being practiced mindlessly, we have Shankaracharya reviving the Vedas and carrying its message to the common people. But again Hinduism has SURVIVED and although we may think that routine clashes in the name of religion have become the order of the day, there are many many groups with large number of people in each group, in India and abroad, who are striving to spread the message of the Vedas and guide people in the practical ways of the Hindu life. And as history has shown, if we feel threatened by groups, if we fear for our legacies, then the solution is to take up the very ideals that ourrishis preached and carry them to as many people as we

can. But a stone-for-a- stone and a tooth-for-a- tooth has become the order of the day and by doing this, we are only going away from the very ideals that we need to live by; then what is the difference between a Hindu and any other non Hindu?So what can we do?:Start with myself:1) am I living the Hindu way of life? And what is the Hindu way of life? : a) Know that God is the all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing cause and effect pervading this world and my aim is to become one with that Spirit. In practical terms what does that mean? Know that the same God who created and sustains this world is also within me and ALSO in the person beside me; when that is accepted, why should I fear/hate the other person? Instead I learn to love him/her, accept him/her. Do unto that stranger what I would do for my

own mother or brother or closest friend.b) saying (a) is easy. How do I actually do it? Read the Gita, read what Krishna said about devoting actions to Him --Devote your mind and intellect to Me, and know that you will always reside in Me (Geeta 12.8--'mayyev man aadhatswa'-- -).Also Know that we work for God, and focus on the work without worrying about the result. This is a very difficult thing to do, but we need to have faith and the least we can do is to try. And then there is the concept of a 'balanced' mind - One who is not disturbed when struck by grief and is also not elated when a joyous event occurs, one who is free from attachment, fear, and anger - such a person is a sage of steady/balanced mind (Geeta 2.56, 'dukheshva anudwigna manah...)c) Another important way to live the Hindu way of life is to observe the different steps to discipline our lives; and for that we need to engage in regular satsang, learn from knowledgeable devotees; if we have the grace of God, we'll probably be blessed with a Guru. 2) Then ask myself what am I doing to uphold the Hindu way of life?a) I think the greatest need for our times is for us to take up the Geeta and its message and make sure we live by it; if even half the Hindus did that, we would be better off. How many of us read the Geeta on a daily basis? How many of us ask our children to know the Geeta? How many

of us tell our children that praying three times a day is a must, no matter what their schedule, no matter that they have school followed by tuition followed by dance class etc etc. We would rather react to someone's actions and ease our anger than go through the painful process of controlling our anger and cultivating patience. At this point, I am sure people are saying, here we go again--the Hindu style of patience and tolerance is what got us into trouble! I would say, the un-Hindu style of reacting rather than acting, of violence (in thoughts if not in actions), of a mechanised, robot style observance of rituals without understanding the significances are some things that are getting usinto trouble. We need to pause and ask ourselves why we celebrate the different festivals, what are their significances? . "God is one, is the

creator and sustainer of the Universe" is the universal message of all religions. What characterizes Hinduism is the belief that realizing that God is the ultimate goal of a human life and the concept of karma and re-births are but means to that. Pranams.Om Namo Narayanaya.balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: HARI AUMFrom the postings I have noticed that there is quite alot of interest in matters relating to conversion,protection of Hinduism etc.Can we try to understand the story better? I think byseeking answers to questions like:(Not forgetting the fact that the focus of the forumis to be on our Bhagavan and matters directly linkedor connected to him)What is Hinduism? Does it restrict on any specificGods and Goddesses and /or practices?Can an Atheist be a Hindu?Who is a Hindu?Does it need protection? If so of what kind?Who is the authority? Who should listen whom? Historically has Hinduism been

under siege? Whoprotected it? Who were the attackers? How did itsurvive? Is Hinduism something that can be brought down andannihilated and wiped out?Who is trying to control? Whom? And what?Why the fear psychosis? Are there any beneficiaries tothese issues?RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers. /------------ --------- --------- ---Get your email and more, right on the new

.com May god bless you,Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.------------ --------- --------- ---How low will we go? Check out Messengerʼs low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Send instant messages to Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.