IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Attaining Perfection.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna Dear Ganapathyji What a wonderful presentation. I got quite a lot to learn from this. It is a new knowledge about the "vyadha gita". The butcher is also doing this duty and thus serving the Lord himself. Yes no being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting. By discharging one's duty sincerely we are serving the Lord as well as mankind . Yes it is correctly said WORK IS WORSHIP. Just sitting and chanting HIS name 24 hours without discharging our duties to the family, society and thereby the mankind will not be liked by HIM . I have recently read a story in a book. I am taking this opportunity to mention the same here. May be many of you must be knowing the same as well Once sage Narada visited Vaikuntam and asked who is HIS great Bhakta. Narada maharshi has the feeling that he is the great bhakta of Lord and was waiting for Lord's confirmation on the same. To his surprise. Lord said a farmer in bhooloka is HIS great bhakta. Naradamaharshi said, " round the clock I am chanting your name on my veena and how can there be a bhakta in bhooloka greater than me and that too a farmer !" Lord replied, ok I shall confirm you as my great bhakta after one test. Naradamaharshi agreed to the same. Lord handed over to him a pot filled with water and asked him to take a round of bhooloka keeping the pot on his head and asked him to ensure that not even a single drop of water spills out. Naradamaharshi

said I shall certainly pass this test and left Vaikunta. He then started with his duty . Since Lord said not even a single drop of water should spill out, he has to take extra care and attention and amidst this he just forgot to take the name of LORD at least once. After completing the duty, he returned to LORD and said I have done the job perfectly. LORD with HIS usual thoomandahasam said "yes you did the job perfectly" but then tell me how many times you took my name while performing your duty. Lord said "Narada" my prajas in the bhooloka are finding time to chant my glory and also discharging their wordily duties. They are doing their Karma .The farmer over there remembers me several times a day once he gets up early in the morning, before leaving house

for the paddy field before starting the work while taking the food after the work after finishing the work after reaching home before going to sleep for the nice day he had He is the real Bhakta. Naradamaharshi realised his mistake I hope I did not bore you all with this. Since the subject was such, I thought it is nice to quote the same her. Shri Ganapthyji has cited a very good example of attaining Godhood referring to the exercise to be done before getting the kerenel from the coconut I liked this article very much as each and every sentence has some thing to convey Thank you Ganapathyji and expect much more such articles from you Humbly Syamala

GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote: Perfection is a big word that all can't attain.But one who dedicated it to the Iswara can get the same depending on the course one takes.It is becoz of the proximity of the Iswara that the universe functions uniformly and intelligently.No being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting.By doing his duty properly every man is contributing his quota to the phenomenol whole.This being the plan,an intelligent man ought to

perform his duty as an act of worship of the Lord.When the right attitude is assumed,it aids the purification of the mind.One's svadharma proves thereby the means for the gaining of wisdom and for the attainment of Godhood. The common notion of man is that the worship of the Lord is one thing and that the discharge of one's worldly duty is another thing.Such a man betrays his ignorance of the worship of the Almighty.It is evident that every physical exertion is an aid to the build of the body.A bodily exertion can serve simultaneously both for the build of the body and for the earning of one's livelihood.The same endeavour can next be made to serve three purposes by holding it is as an act of the worship of the God.The Mahabharatha has it that a butcher treated his profession as an outlet for self-expression,for his livelihood,for his service to the society and

for his adoration of the Lord.Thru the discharge of his duty that man matured fully in wisdom.His teachings to an ascetic form a scripture known as the Vyadha-Gita-the Butcher's Gita.The idea of eking out an earthly existence is a wretched one,unbecoming of a man.This negative attitude shuld be elevated to the positive one of adoring the Lord with the life that one lives;and that life shuld be worthy of the Maker.Whatever duty falls to the lot of one is sacred in itself and it shuld be directed to the glory of the Lord.This attitude would pull him up Godward.He is a great person who converts his earthly life into the worship of the Lord. A coconut contains the fibrous sheath outside,the shell inside and the kernel within.The sheath has to be peeled off and the shell broken in order to get at the kernel.Similar to this ,doing one's duty in

the spirit of adoring the Almighty is the means to get at the kernel which is God in the heart of the man.So perfection is not concerned with whatever duty one does but do it as an offering to the Lord and Sri Krishna also says the same thing and it is not the nature of duty but but how well he handles and that is acceptable to Him.The karma that is in tune with a man's disposition is his swadharma.Arjuna'ds case clarifies the issue raised herein.He was ordained by his nature for warfare.Events hv driven him to the necessity of a righteous war.His duty was to pursue the same even if proved itself disadvantageous to him.If the odds turned against him,even then he was to fight to the finish.It was quite possible for him to retreat from the battle field and resort to severe austerity in the forest.Imperfect war was better for him than a perfect penance.Death due to opposing the wicked was better for him than

life seeking the hereafter. A man trained for medicine shuld not choose to become a lawyer on the ground he can plead a case very fluently.It is injurious if one changes one's calling prompted by likes and dislikes, by opportunism and careerist mentality.One's personality gets dissipated thereby.The training that one has received and the time devoted to it are all wasted away.On the otherhand,there is a two fold advantage in a man confining himself to his swadharma.Firstly it is as natural to him as water is to fish.He need not unduly strain himself in picking up and in discharging his inherited duty.He executes it almost involuntarily.Secondly.there is the release of consciousness to be directed Godward.He is a perfected person who achieves the maximum benefit with the minimium of effort.To make his worldly life a

fulfilment and to reach Godhood-these are the ideals set by a peerfected person for himself.Devotion to swadharma is the sure means to the achievement of these objects.All activities are unfailing means to reach Godhood And that man who swerves not from his swadharma gains in constancy.No yoga is possible without constancy. Of course there is no karma whatsoever in nature,which is completely free from evil.We can't breathe without hurting millions of microbes in the atmosphere. When we eat we deprive another of food or life.There is no karma completely free from evil.Why shuld there be then the distinction between vice and virtue? The great ones hv advocated virtue and denounced vice.Which among the acts of man,is to be accepted as virtue and which rejected as vice?Among the fuels that which smokes too much is bad and that smokeless is good.Among the karmas

that which is attendant with more evil than good is vice and the other in which there is more good than evil,is virtue.It is in accordance with place,time and circumstance,that a karma becomes good or bad.The knowing ones ought to discern and do the good karma only.So in essence there is no good job or bad job but all depends on the capabilities of the person who is versatiled in a particular thing and only the compelling factor is that the same shuld be done as offering to God.That will eventually lead one to perfection in his duty as the same is given to the God and eventually he will attain the state of Godhood depending upon his own karmic deeds.This is what Sri Krishna also enunciates in His Teachings. Hare Krishna, agraman. Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

A beautiully expounded post on svadharma! sarojaRamanujamGANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote: Perfection is a big word that all can't attain.But one who dedicated it to the Iswara can get the same depending on the course one takes.It is becoz of the proximity of the Iswara that the universe functions uniformly and intelligently.No being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting.By doing his duty properly every man is contributing his quota to the

phenomenol whole.This being the plan,an intelligent man ought to perform his duty as an act of worship of the Lord.When the right attitude is assumed,it aids the purification of the mind.One's svadharma proves thereby the means for the gaining of wisdom and for the attainment of Godhood. The common notion of man is that the worship of the Lord is one thing and that the discharge of one's worldly duty is another thing.Such a man betrays his ignorance of the worship of the Almighty.It is evident that every physical exertion is an aid to the build of the body.A bodily exertion can serve simultaneously both for the build of the body and for the earning of one's livelihood.The same endeavour can next be made to serve three purposes by holding it is as an act of the worship of the God.The Mahabharatha has it that a butcher treated his profession as an outlet for

self-expression,for his livelihood,for his service to the society and for his adoration of the Lord.Thru the discharge of his duty that man matured fully in wisdom.His teachings to an ascetic form a scripture known as the Vyadha-Gita-the Butcher's Gita.The idea of eking out an earthly existence is a wretched one,unbecoming of a man.This negative attitude shuld be elevated to the positive one of adoring the Lord with the life that one lives;and that life shuld be worthy of the Maker.Whatever duty falls to the lot of one is sacred in itself and it shuld be directed to the glory of the Lord.This attitude would pull him up Godward.He is a great person who converts his earthly life into the worship of the Lord. A coconut contains the fibrous sheath outside,the shell inside and the kernel within.The sheath has to be peeled off and the shell broken in

order to get at the kernel.Similar to this ,doing one's duty in the spirit of adoring the Almighty is the means to get at the kernel which is God in the heart of the man.So perfection is not concerned with whatever duty one does but do it as an offering to the Lord and Sri Krishna also says the same thing and it is not the nature of duty but but how well he handles and that is acceptable to Him.The karma that is in tune with a man's disposition is his swadharma.Arjuna'ds case clarifies the issue raised herein.He was ordained by his nature for warfare.Events hv driven him to the necessity of a righteous war.His duty was to pursue the same even if proved itself disadvantageous to him.If the odds turned against him,even then he was to fight to the finish.It was quite possible for him to retreat from the battle field and resort to severe austerity in the forest.Imperfect war was better for him than a

perfect penance.Death due to opposing the wicked was better for him than life seeking the hereafter. A man trained for medicine shuld not choose to become a lawyer on the ground he can plead a case very fluently.It is injurious if one changes one's calling prompted by likes and dislikes, by opportunism and careerist mentality.One's personality gets dissipated thereby.The training that one has received and the time devoted to it are all wasted away.On the otherhand,there is a two fold advantage in a man confining himself to his swadharma.Firstly it is as natural to him as water is to fish.He need not unduly strain himself in picking up and in discharging his inherited duty.He executes it almost involuntarily.Secondly.there is the release of consciousness to be directed Godward.He is a perfected person who achieves the maximum

benefit with the minimium of effort.To make his worldly life a fulfilment and to reach Godhood-these are the ideals set by a peerfected person for himself.Devotion to swadharma is the sure means to the achievement of these objects.All activities are unfailing means to reach Godhood And that man who swerves not from his swadharma gains in constancy.No yoga is possible without constancy. Of course there is no karma whatsoever in nature,which is completely free from evil.We can't breathe without hurting millions of microbes in the atmosphere. When we eat we deprive another of food or life.There is no karma completely free from evil.Why shuld there be then the distinction between vice and virtue? The great ones hv advocated virtue and denounced vice.Which among the acts of man,is to be accepted as virtue and which rejected as vice?Among the fuels

that which smokes too much is bad and that smokeless is good.Among the karmas that which is attendant with more evil than good is vice and the other in which there is more good than evil,is virtue.It is in accordance with place,time and circumstance,that a karma becomes good or bad.The knowing ones ought to discern and do the good karma only.So in essence there is no good job or bad job but all depends on the capabilities of the person who is versatiled in a particular thing and only the compelling factor is that the same shuld be done as offering to God.That will eventually lead one to perfection in his duty as the same is given to the God and eventually he will attain the state of Godhood depending upon his own karmic deeds.This is what Sri Krishna also enunciates in His Teachings. Hare Krishna, agraman. Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW May god bless you, Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Jai Sreekrishna Dear Ganapathyji What a wonderful presentation. I got quite a lot to learn from this. It is a new knowledge about the "vyadha gita". The butcher is also doing this duty and thus serving the Lord himself. Yes no being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting. By discharging one's duty sincerely we are serving the Lord as well as mankind . Yes it is correctly said WORK IS WORSHIP. Just sitting and chanting HIS name 24 hours without discharging our duties to the family, society and thereby the mankind will not be liked by HIM . I have recently read a story in a book. I am taking this opportunity to mention the same here. May be many of you must be knowing the same as well Once sage Narada visited Vaikuntam and asked who is HIS great Bhakta. Narada maharshi has the feeling that he is the great bhakta of Lord and was waiting for Lord's confirmation on the same. To his surprise. Lord said a farmer in bhooloka is HIS great bhakta. Naradamaharshi said, " round the clock I am chanting your name on my veena and how can there be a bhakta in bhooloka greater than me and that too a farmer !" Lord replied, ok I shall confirm you as my great bhakta after one test. Naradamaharshi agreed to the same. Lord handed over to him a pot filled with water and asked him to take a round of bhooloka keeping the pot on his head and asked him to ensure that not even a single drop of water spills out. Naradamaharshi

said I shall certainly pass this test and left Vaikunta. He then started with his duty . Since Lord said not even a single drop of water should spill out, he has to take extra care and attention and amidst this he just forgot to take the name of LORD at least once. After completing the duty, he returned to LORD and said I have done the job perfectly. LORD with HIS usual thoomandahasam said "yes you did the job perfectly" but then tell me how many times you took my name while performing your duty. Lord said "Narada" my prajas in the bhooloka are finding time to chant my glory and also discharging their wordily duties. They are doing their Karma .The farmer over there remembers me several times a day once he gets up early in the morning, before leaving house

for the paddy field before starting the work while taking the food after the work after finishing the work after reaching home before going to sleep for the nice day he had He is the real Bhakta. Naradamaharshi realised his mistake I hope I did not bore you all with this. Since the subject was such, I thought it is nice to quote the same here Shri Ganapthyji has cited a very good example of attaining Godhood referring to the exercise to be done before getting the kerenel from the coconut I liked this article very much as each and every sentence has some thing to convey Thank you Ganapathyji and expect much more such articles from you Humbly SyamalaGANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote: Perfection is a big word that all can't attain.But one who dedicated it to the Iswara can get the same depending on the course one takes.It is becoz of the proximity of the Iswara that the universe functions uniformly and intelligently.No being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting.By doing his duty properly every man is contributing his quota to the phenomenol whole.This being the plan,an intelligent man ought

to perform his duty as an act of worship of the Lord.When the right attitude is assumed,it aids the purification of the mind.One's svadharma proves thereby the means for the gaining of wisdom and for the attainment of Godhood. The common notion of man is that the worship of the Lord is one thing and that the discharge of one's worldly duty is another thing.Such a man betrays his ignorance of the worship of the Almighty.It is evident that every physical exertion is an aid to the build of the body.A bodily exertion can serve simultaneously both for the build of the body and for the earning of one's livelihood.The same endeavour can next be made to serve three purposes by holding it is as an act of the worship of the God.The Mahabharatha has it that a butcher treated his profession as an outlet for self-expression,for his livelihood,for his service to the society

and for his adoration of the Lord.Thru the discharge of his duty that man matured fully in wisdom.His teachings to an ascetic form a scripture known as the Vyadha-Gita-the Butcher's Gita.The idea of eking out an earthly existence is a wretched one,unbecoming of a man.This negative attitude shuld be elevated to the positive one of adoring the Lord with the life that one lives;and that life shuld be worthy of the Maker.Whatever duty falls to the lot of one is sacred in itself and it shuld be directed to the glory of the Lord.This attitude would pull him up Godward.He is a great person who converts his earthly life into the worship of the Lord. A coconut contains the fibrous sheath outside,the shell inside and the kernel within.The sheath has to be peeled off and the shell broken in order to get at the kernel.Similar to this ,doing one's

duty in the spirit of adoring the Almighty is the means to get at the kernel which is God in the heart of the man.So perfection is not concerned with whatever duty one does but do it as an offering to the Lord and Sri Krishna also says the same thing and it is not the nature of duty but but how well he handles and that is acceptable to Him.The karma that is in tune with a man's disposition is his swadharma.Arjuna'ds case clarifies the issue raised herein.He was ordained by his nature for warfare.Events hv driven him to the necessity of a righteous war.His duty was to pursue the same even if proved itself disadvantageous to him.If the odds turned against him,even then he was to fight to the finish.It was quite possible for him to retreat from the battle field and resort to severe austerity in the forest.Imperfect war was better for him than a perfect penance.Death due to opposing the wicked was better for him

than life seeking the hereafter. A man trained for medicine shuld not choose to become a lawyer on the ground he can plead a case very fluently.It is injurious if one changes one's calling prompted by likes and dislikes, by opportunism and careerist mentality.One's personality gets dissipated thereby.The training that one has received and the time devoted to it are all wasted away.On the otherhand,there is a two fold advantage in a man confining himself to his swadharma.Firstly it is as natural to him as water is to fish.He need not unduly strain himself in picking up and in discharging his inherited duty.He executes it almost involuntarily.Secondly.there is the release of consciousness to be directed Godward.He is a perfected person who achieves the maximum benefit with the minimium of effort.To make his worldly

life a fulfilment and to reach Godhood-these are the ideals set by a peerfected person for himself.Devotion to swadharma is the sure means to the achievement of these objects.All activities are unfailing means to reach Godhood And that man who swerves not from his swadharma gains in constancy.No yoga is possible without constancy. Of course there is no karma whatsoever in nature,which is completely free from evil.We can't breathe without hurting millions of microbes in the atmosphere. When we eat we deprive another of food or life.There is no karma completely free from evil.Why shuld there be then the distinction between vice and virtue? The great ones hv advocated virtue and denounced vice.Which among the acts of man,is to be accepted as virtue and which rejected as vice?Among the fuels that which smokes too much is bad and that smokeless is good.Among the

karmas that which is attendant with more evil than good is vice and the other in which there is more good than evil,is virtue.It is in accordance with place,time and circumstance,that a karma becomes good or bad.The knowing ones ought to discern and do the good karma only.So in essence there is no good job or bad job but all depends on the capabilities of the person who is versatiled in a particular thing and only the compelling factor is that the same shuld be done as offering to God.That will eventually lead one to perfection in his duty as the same is given to the God and eventually he will attain the state of Godhood depending upon his own karmic deeds.This is what Sri Krishna also enunciates in His Teachings. Hare Krishna, agraman. Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

for the paddy field before starting the work while taking the food after the work after finishing the work after reaching home before going to sleep for the nice day he had He is the real Bhakta. Naradamaharshi realised his mistake I hope I did not bore you all with this. Since the subject was such, I thought it is nice to quote the same here Shri Ganapthyji has cited a very good example of attaining Godhood referring to the exercise to be done before getting the kerenel from the coconut I liked this article very much as each and every sentence has some thing to convey Thank you Ganapathyji and expect much more such articles from you Humbly SyamalaGANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote: Perfection is a big word that all can't attain.But one who dedicated it to the Iswara can get the same depending on the course one takes.It is becoz of the proximity of the Iswara that the universe functions uniformly and intelligently.No being is superfluous or useless in this Cosmic setting.By doing his duty properly every man is contributing his quota to the phenomenol whole.This being the plan,an intelligent man

ought to perform his duty as an act of worship of the Lord.When the right attitude is assumed,it aids the purification of the mind.One's svadharma proves thereby the means for the gaining of wisdom and for the attainment of Godhood. The common notion of man is that the worship of the Lord is one thing and that the discharge of one's worldly duty is another thing.Such a man betrays his ignorance of the worship of the Almighty.It is evident that every physical exertion is an aid to the build of the body.A bodily exertion can serve simultaneously both for the build of the body and for the earning of one's livelihood.The same endeavour can next be made to serve three purposes by holding it is as an act of the worship of the God.The Mahabharatha has it that a butcher treated his profession as an outlet for self-expression,for his livelihood,for his service to the

society and for his adoration of the Lord.Thru the discharge of his duty that man matured fully in wisdom.His teachings to an ascetic form a scripture known as the Vyadha-Gita-the Butcher's Gita.The idea of eking out an earthly existence is a wretched one,unbecoming of a man.This negative attitude shuld be elevated to the positive one of adoring the Lord with the life that one lives;and that life shuld be worthy of the Maker.Whatever duty falls to the lot of one is sacred in itself and it shuld be directed to the glory of the Lord.This attitude would pull him up Godward.He is a great person who converts his earthly life into the worship of the Lord. A coconut contains the fibrous sheath outside,the shell inside and the kernel within.The sheath has to be peeled off and the shell broken in order to get at the kernel.Similar to this ,doing

one's duty in the spirit of adoring the Almighty is the means to get at the kernel which is God in the heart of the man.So perfection is not concerned with whatever duty one does but do it as an offering to the Lord and Sri Krishna also says the same thing and it is not the nature of duty but but how well he handles and that is acceptable to Him.The karma that is in tune with a man's disposition is his swadharma.Arjuna'ds case clarifies the issue raised herein.He was ordained by his nature for warfare.Events hv driven him to the necessity of a righteous war.His duty was to pursue the same even if proved itself disadvantageous to him.If the odds turned against him,even then he was to fight to the finish.It was quite possible for him to retreat from the battle field and resort to severe austerity in the forest.Imperfect war was better for him than a perfect penance.Death due to opposing the wicked was better for

him than life seeking the hereafter. A man trained for medicine shuld not choose to become a lawyer on the ground he can plead a case very fluently.It is injurious if one changes one's calling prompted by likes and dislikes, by opportunism and careerist mentality.One's personality gets dissipated thereby.The training that one has received and the time devoted to it are all wasted away.On the otherhand,there is a two fold advantage in a man confining himself to his swadharma.Firstly it is as natural to him as water is to fish.He need not unduly strain himself in picking up and in discharging his inherited duty.He executes it almost involuntarily.Secondly.there is the release of consciousness to be directed Godward.He is a perfected person who achieves the maximum benefit with the minimium of effort.To make his

worldly life a fulfilment and to reach Godhood-these are the ideals set by a peerfected person for himself.Devotion to swadharma is the sure means to the achievement of these objects.All activities are unfailing means to reach Godhood And that man who swerves not from his swadharma gains in constancy.No yoga is possible without constancy. Of course there is no karma whatsoever in nature,which is completely free from evil.We can't breathe without hurting millions of microbes in the atmosphere. When we eat we deprive another of food or life.There is no karma completely free from evil.Why shuld there be then the distinction between vice and virtue? The great ones hv advocated virtue and denounced vice.Which among the acts of man,is to be accepted as virtue and which rejected as vice?Among the fuels that which smokes too much is bad and that smokeless is

good.Among the karmas that which is attendant with more evil than good is vice and the other in which there is more good than evil,is virtue.It is in accordance with place,time and circumstance,that a karma becomes good or bad.The knowing ones ought to discern and do the good karma only.So in essence there is no good job or bad job but all depends on the capabilities of the person who is versatiled in a particular thing and only the compelling factor is that the same shuld be done as offering to God.That will eventually lead one to perfection in his duty as the same is given to the God and eventually he will attain the state of Godhood depending upon his own karmic deeds.This is what Sri Krishna also enunciates in His Teachings. Hare Krishna, agraman. Find out what India is talking about on

- Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment